For the 4th question, I highly doubt they would make a card like that, since they seem to be pretty good at keeping all attack effects clear and precise. Are you sure it did not say "Discard a random card from your opponent's hand" or something like that instead? If it really did say to discard a random number of cards, it may have been an error card or possibly fake.
Originally Posted by TheSpaceBetween2
Also, I just checked the section "In What Order Do You Do Your Attack?" in the official rules and it says this:
1. Announce which attack your Active Pokémon is using. Make sure your Pokémon has enough Energy cards attached to it to use the attack.
2. If necessary, make any choices the attack requires you to make. (For example, Poliwhirl's Amnesia attack says "Choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon's attacks." So you choose now.)
3. If necessary, do anything the attack requires you to do in order to use it. (For example, discard Energy cards, as in Charmander's Ember attack, which makes you discard one Fire Energy card in order to use it.)
4. If necessary, apply any effects that might alter or cancel the attack. (For example, if your Pokémon was hit last turn by Sandshrew's Sand-attack, that attack said that if you tried to attack with that Pokémon during your next turn, you should flip a coin. If tails, your Pokémon's attack does nothing.)
5. If your Active Pokémon is Confused, check now to see if the attack fails.
6. Do whatever the attack says. Do any damage first, then do any other effects, and finally, Knock Out any Pokémon that have damage greater than or equal to their Hit Points.
So, that should answer the 1st question.
Last edited by ShadoWolf0913; 28th July 2012 at 3:09 AM.
I have a lot of Pokemon that I can trade, I can breed any starter, and I can infect any Pokemon with pokerus. Feel free to ask if there is something you are looking for or if you need help evolving any of your pokemon. My friend code: 1979 5259 0462 (White)
I am interested in trading Pokemon TCG cards. I have an enormous collection and a lot that I am looking for, so there is a good chance we can agree on something.
I have been playing Pokemon TCG and Pokemon video games for over ten years. If there is something you need help with, please don't hesitate to ask.