Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

Default Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

Ask any gameplay questions about the Pokemon TCG here, and someone will help you. Whether you're asking about a power or a combo or just how some things work, this is the place to ask.

Do not expect an immediate response, since this is a forum afterall, but within 24 hours, a reply should be made answering your question.

Do not post saying "Yes, what ______ said was correct." without adding on or explaining a bit more of what the person said.

Do not post saying "______ is wrong." without saying what was wrong about what they said.

Do not ask for Deck Help or suggestions, since there is a Rate My Deck sub-forum.
    Pokémon Tournament & League Organizer in Hawaii

May we issue some sort of cruel and bizzare punishment to people who post without first reading
    The Rulings Compendium?

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

shadow_flyer Guest

I have a lot of questions. Q 1: Is there any such thing as: Dark Eevee, Dark Umbreon, Dark Sneasel? I know that they all(execpt the Eevee) have the dark symbol in the corner, but are there any with 'Dark' before the name? Q 2: How many cards can you have in your deck? Q 3: Which types of energy cards are classified as 'Basic'? Q 3b: how many(of each) Basic Energy and Non-Basic Energy cards can you have in your deck? Q 4: How many of the same pokemon can you have in your deck( i mean, say I have a 'Neo Revelation' Raichu and 'Base Set' a Raichu, can they be in the same deck?)? Q 5: How many Pokemon cards can you have in your deck? Q 5c: How mny Trainer cards can you have in your deck? Q 6: What is the diffrence between your 'Hand' and your 'Bench'? Q 7: Where do the 'Prize Cards' come from? Q 8: What is the purpose of the prize cards? Q 9: Are you tired of my questions yet? In case you didn't know I've never played the card game before, just collected the cards them selves and played the GB/GBA games, so any other tips are much appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by shadow_flyer; 25th September 2005 at 9:13 PM.

1. Nope, not yet.

2. 60, no more, no less. There are a few exceptions: some very basic starter decks come with 30 cards, and you make 40 card decks at prereleases, but in general it's 60.

3. Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Psychic. You can have as many Basic Energy as you'd like in your deck, and 4 max of any other Energy.

4. You can have no more than 4 of any Pokemon with the same name. So you can only have four Raichu, no matter what set they're from, but you can have four Raichu and four Lt. Surge's Raichu, for example.

5. You can have as many Pokemon in your deck as you want, provided that you adhere to the rules in Q4. Be aware that a legal deck must have at least 1 Basic Pokemon, but that's the only requirement.

For the rest, you need to go here:

http://tinyurl.com/9nkgz

It's the basic TCG rules, a how to play demo, etc. It'll explain everything.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

shadow_flyer Guest

Thank you. I appricate the help. Two more Questions: Q 1: Does a Double energy, like a Double Colorless, count as One energy or Two? Q 2: If I have Dark Flareon but no Dark Eevee(cus they aren't real), how do I play the Flareon? Can I evolve it from a normal Eevee? Oh, here's another Question: Can you take a Pokemon FROM your bench and put it in your hand so you can put a diffrent pokemon there in it's place?
    Last edited by shadow_flyer; 25th September 2005 at 10:10 PM.

1. one energy card, two energy
    2. evolves from normal eevee.
    3. no.
    russian graffiti

To clarify 2, a Pokemon can ONLY evolve from the Pokemon it says on the card. Dark Flareon says "evolves from Eevee," so it can only evolve from Eevee. If there was a Dark Eevee for whatever reason, you couldn't evolve it into Dark Flareon, at least not the one from the Team Rocket set.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

shadow_flyer Guest

OOOOOH. Thank you. Um, my friend said that if you have a certan amount of pokemon of one type, say, 20, than that makes you a 'Master' of that type. Is that true, or was she pulling my leg?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_flyer
    OOOOOH. Thank you. Um, my friend said that if you have a certan amount of pokemon of one type, say, 20, than that makes you a 'Master' of that type. Is that true, or was she pulling my leg?
    That's a lie.You get nothing if you have any amount of Pokemon.

shadow_flyer Guest

oh. ok. thank you for your answer.

Calaccio Guest

3. Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Psychic. You can have as many Basic Energy as you'd like in your deck, and 4 max of any other Energy.
    It's Lightning, not Electric.

What are Anti-Poke Body cards? Can anybody list them?
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaccio
    It's Lightning, not Electric.
    Actually, either term is acceptable, though Lightning is the official term for the TCG. Since Electric is the term for the games, its used as well.
    Pokémon Tournament & League Organizer in Hawaii

Sorry if Bumping but it's stickied so...

I need help because I've been away from the pokemon TCG for 3 years now and this one Pokemon Player (still trying to decide if he is really this good...) is challenging me.

What decks are effective today? (like haymaker was)
    Is a Venusaur deck with Energy Transfer still playable? (for casual duh.)
    What cards are seen in every deck?
    What is the best booster/starter deck?

Thanx in advance.
    So I think I'm back.

Let's see how long this lasts.

1. 'Ludicargo', which is Ludicolo+Magcargo is good.
    2. if it's for casual, yes. But, if you are at a tounament, only the Hidden Legends and on sets are allowed.
    3. Most decks have at least 1 'rare candy', and other supportr cards. Obviously enrgies and at least 1 basic pokemon as well(duh!)
    4.There all pretty crappy, unless you customise them. Pick the one that takes your fancy (well, I did)
    ~Claimed song: Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone~

Under construction.

Thanks because I needed it because it's been a while and I'm thinking about returning to it
    So I think I'm back.

Let's see how long this lasts.

Default Delta

Can a Delta Dratini evo into a Dark Dragonair from TRR?

1473 Guest

yes it can

To clarify more, the delta symbol is NOT part of the Pokemon's name. Dark Dragonair evolves from a Pokemon named "Dratini," so any Pokemon with that name can evolve into it.

Just remember that delta Dragonair can not evolve into Dark Dragonite, and Dark Dragonair can't evolve into delta Dragonite.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

There's a gameplay question thread for a meaning, this.

*merge*
    russian graffiti

pokéfan176 Guest

Ok, I have a question.
    Can you play a Stadium card and a Supporter card on the same turn?

Yes you can.

How many multiples of the same Pokemon EX may a player have?

4, there's no special restrictions.

Remember that the "ex" is part of their name, so you CAN have 4 Raichu and 4 Raichu ex in a deck.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Can I play an evoled pokemon seperatly

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast