Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    Ok thanks. i got a Machamp (SF) and need to know.

Edited: I have a trainer kit and is wondering, can I use the cards in the kit even if they have this symbol on the bottom right (some have a lucario symbol and other have this water pokemon.) or are they against the rule to use?
    yes if they r a dp or pl card go ahead as long as its from diamond and pearl or platinum cards are allowed in the future check out www.go-pokemon.com

One question:

Is there any way to get damage counters without buying a theme deck?

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. Ignore.
    Last edited by Lightning25X; 17th February 2009 at 12:26 AM.

2 things:

Heatran Lv.x is Fire type
    Heatran LA is Steel type

If Heatran Lv.x is put onto Heatran, and then Heatran uses an attack, does the attack count as Steel, or Fire? I.e. does it type depend on what card the attack is on, or does the Lv.x override the old type of the card?
    The same applies for using Memory Berry; if a pre-evolution is a different type from it's evolution (such as using an attack from Prinplup, if Steel Empoleon is on top of it).

Glaceon
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Cloak
    Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of an attack, including damage, done to Glaceon during your opponent's next turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Slide
    This attack's damage isn't affected by Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon.
    This situation comes up a lot with loads of different cards but I'll just use Glaceon; basically, if two Glaceon were battling each other, one used Snow Cloak and flipped heads, then the other used Speed Slide, which would override which move?

Do Lv. X cards count towards the 4 you are permitted in a deck? I have 6 Shaymin, one of which is Lv. X and I wanted to know if I could have 4 Shaymin and the Lv. X Shaymin in the same deck.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanumghost View Post
    Do Lv. X cards count towards the 4 you are permitted in a deck? I have 6 Shaymin, one of which is Lv. X and I wanted to know if I could have 4 Shaymin and the Lv. X Shaymin in the same deck.
    No, they all have the same name... so you could have: 1 Shaymin and 3 Lv.x's, 2 Shaymin and 2 Lv.x's or, 3 Shaymin and 1 Lv.x.

Here's a question that's been bothering me for quite a while. Rocket's Minefield Gym says "Whenever a player puts a Basic Pokémon onto his or her Bench from his or her hand, he or she flips a coin. If tails, put damage counters on that Pokémon." How many damage counters does that allow?

Quote Originally Posted by Luxray_Master View Post
    Here's a question that's been bothering me for quite a while. Rocket's Minefield Gym says "Whenever a player puts a Basic Pokémon onto his or her Bench from his or her hand, he or she flips a coin. If tails, put damage counters on that Pokémon." How many damage counters does that allow?
    Two damage counters. It says so on the Japanese card, but for some reason, it was left off of the English version.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_flyer View Post
    Is there any such thing as: Dark Eevee, Dark Umbreon, Dark Sneasel?
    I figured I'd answer this, because I haven't seen this specific answer yet. There will most likely never be a Dark Eevee, because according to the story released with the Team Rocket set, a pokémon becomes worthy of that prefix when it has been corrupted through evolution.

I have this question since 3 weeks ago, will shaymin X keep on the meta on september 1 without the leafeon or secptile GE? I think that this pokemon could match with beautiflyPt or leafeon RR....

Cards that have "Before/After applying weakness," is there really a difference? And are they no different from "Dont apply to weakness."

[ Standard Double Battles ]

Platinum: 3953 8695 8540

Pearl: 3179 2788 6086

I've another question for example if I have 4 dugtrios on my bench and I use warp point does the defending pokemon takes with 8 damage counters?

Question Unown Poke-power Questions

Hey, can anyone shed some light on the Unown Poke-powers? Certain Poke-powers, such as that of Y or X, say that you can use that power "if you have Unown Y or X on your bench." Does this mean that you need two of each Unown to make this work, an active and benched Unown? Thanks for any responses!

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by D01 View Post
    I've another question for example if I have 4 dugtrios on my bench and I use warp point does the defending pokemon takes with 8 damage counters?
    Warp Point wouldn't do any damage counters because they didn't retreat. They need to retreat to take the damage counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonaeus View Post
    Hey, can anyone shed some light on the Unown Poke-powers? Certain Poke-powers, such as that of Y or X, say that you can use that power "if you have Unown Y or X on your bench." Does this mean that you need two of each Unown to make this work, an active and benched Unown? Thanks for any responses!
    When a card uses it's own name then it's refering to itself. Just pretend that it's saying "this Pokemon" instead of its name.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Default Giratina move question

The Giratina from the Platinum deck Rebellion has the move Dragonbreath which reads: "Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed."

When it says this attack does nothing on tails, does that include the 80 damage that it does, or just the paralyzing effect?

I stopped collecting cards after Neo Revelation, but I recently bought a few new packs. I'm interested in attending a League to play Unlimited, but I have a few questions:

New vs. Old
    -Are Poke Powers and Pokemon Powers considered the same thing for all intents and purposes?
    -If an old card prevents the use of a "Pokemon Power" does it prevent both Poke Powers and Poke Bodies?
    -If I'm using a card with a weakness, but no modifier (ex. Base Set Alakazam) like +30 or x2, is it automatically assumed that I take 2x damage?
    *EDIT* [Someone messaged me the answers to all 3 of these]

Clarification:
    -Does using Base Set Alakazam's Damage Swap count as using the power every time I move a damage counter? Or just one time? I have the same question about Base Set Venusaur's Energy Trans and similar powers.
    Last edited by BadIntent; 7th July 2009 at 7:53 PM.
    2010 Phoenix VGC Regionals: Top 8
    2010 USA Nationals: 5th Place
    2010 World Championships: 16th Place

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosandQuiet View Post
    The Giratina from the Platinum deck Rebellion has the move Dragonbreath which reads: "Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed."

When it says this attack does nothing on tails, does that include the 80 damage that it does, or just the paralyzing effect?
    If you flip heads, the defending Pokémon takes 80 damage and is paralyzed.
    If you flip tails, the defending Pokémon takes no damage and is not paralyzed. In short, nothing happens.

i have two questions:

1 - are you able to put down basic evolved pokemon without having to use their first stage(s)? exp, using elite 4's infernape as your active pokemon without putting chimchar and monferno down first.

2 - espeon's poke'body sunlight veil, does this poke'body mean that each turn adds +20 to their overall HP (i.e. 100/100)? or that it heals 20 HP?

thanks in advanced guys.
    ポケモン言えるかな?

Quote Originally Posted by qwilfisher View Post
    i have two questions:

1 - are you able to put down basic evolved pokemon without having to use their first stage(s)? exp, using elite 4's infernape as your active pokemon without putting chimchar and monferno down first.

As long as it's written that it's a basic Pokémon (which is the case of all Pokémon SP), yes, you can put it down as a basic Poke.

2 - espeon's poke'body sunlight veil, does this poke'body mean that each turn adds +20 to their overall HP (i.e. 100/100)? or that it heals 20 HP?

It will add 20 HP to their current HP (If the pokemon is hurt, then it will heal, if it isn't, then it'll be added to the overall HP).

thanks in advanced guys.
    Answers in bold.

Question: Do the actual rules still allow you to put basic energies from any set into your deck, even if the energies are from a set earlier than DP?
    no sig for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Weavile View Post
    Question: Do the actual rules still allow you to put basic energies from any set into your deck, even if the energies are from a set earlier than DP?
    Any older card that has been reprinted in a legal set is legal. And that includes basic energy.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Okay, here's something I don't quite get, and I thought of it today.

Buck's Training allows you to deal 10 extra damage the turn it's played.

Let's say garchomp c level x uses Dragon Rush, and I pick a benched Pokemon. Does the active take 10 damage and the one I chose on the bench 80, or does the bench take 90?

Or, say, Dusknoir from Stormfront uses Damage Even, and I choose a benched Pokemon. Does the bench take 10 extra, or does the active? Or nothing at all? I really don't know.

Thanks in advanced.

ALSO, I assume yes, but does the opponent take a prize card is I use Regigigas Lv. X's PokePower?
    Last edited by GreenAiden555; 11th August 2009 at 1:08 AM.
    I'm done, no more trades. Don't PM me, don't send me an email. I won't respond because I almost never come here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenAiden555 View Post
    Okay, here's something I don't quite get, and I thought of it today.

Buck's Training allows you to deal 10 extra damage the turn it's played.

Let's say garchomp c level x uses Dragon Rush, and I pick a benched Pokemon. Does the active take 10 damage and the one I chose on the bench 80, or does the bench take 90?

Or, say, Dusknoir from Stormfront uses Damage Even, and I choose a benched Pokemon. Does the bench take 10 extra, or does the active? Or nothing at all? I really don't know.

Thanks in advanced.

ALSO, I assume yes, but does the opponent take a prize card is I use Regigigas Lv. X's PokePower?
    You have to do at leased 10 damage to the opponent's active Pokemon to have Buck's do anything. And it would to 10 more to the opponent's active Pokemon. Also note that Dusknoir's Damage Even attack places damage counters and doesn't actualy do damage, so it wouldn't get any increase from Buck's.

And if you use Regigigas Lv.X's PokePower then your opponent would draw the prize.
    なにがでるかな!?

If an attack does damage and then has a secondary effect (eg defending poke now poisened), what happens if the damage knocks out the defending pokemon. Is the attack over, or is the opponents next pokemon poisened?

Originally posted by: ninjascyther
    If an attack does damage and then has a secondary effect (eg defending poke now poisened), what happens if the damage knocks out the defending pokemon. Is the attack over, or is the opponents next pokemon poisened?
    The secondary effect is null and doesn't do anything to the next pokemon that is sent out.

Thanks sceptile.

Default Question about Base Set Alakazam

We're in a tournament right now and we need a question answered about the Base Set Alakazam. It's poke-power is "As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Pokemon to another as long as you don't Knock Out that Pokemon. This power can't be used if Alakazam is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.)

We are not sure what exactly this means. Does it mean that a player can move as many damage counters at a time as long as it's only 1 at a time, or that he or she can only move 1 damage counter during their turn. We need this question answered as soon as possible. Please and Thank You.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast