Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Ash View Post
    Okay, haven't seen a new rulebook yet, so I don't know too much about SP pokemon, but do they count towards the four card limit? EX- Can you have lets say 4 Lucario C and 4 normal Lucario in one deck?
    Yes.

In addition, since LV.X Pokemon count as the same Pokemon as the Pokemon from which they level up, you can only have up to four in any combination of a Pokemon and its level-up version, if any.

The new Arceus cards disregard this rule.

PDF version of the recent rulebook.
    Last edited by Asrialys; 10th November 2009 at 3:45 PM.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Ash View Post
    Okay, haven't seen a new rulebook yet, so I don't know too much about SP pokemon, but do they count towards the four card limit? EX- Can you have lets say 4 Lucario C and 4 normal Lucario in one deck?
    Just like you could have

4 Lucario C
    4 Lucario GL
    4 Normal Lucario in a deck
    Eevo Light
    Vapor Acid /\ Flare Burst /\ Jolt Shock
    ESP Power /\ Umbra Ray /\ Leaf Hurricane /\Glace Beam
    Sylva Dust

1. Say if you have LC Energy Retrieval and one Fire energy in your hand, and one fire energy in your discard pile, can you discard the energy in your hand, then retrieve it back along with the other energy in the discard pile? My brother and I have argued for several aeons about this...

2. In the new Platinum:Arceus set, if I have Leveled Up my fire Arceus to the Arceus Lv.X with 2 Poke-Bodies, am I able to level it up again to the Meteor Blast Arceus?

3. If so, can I use attacks AND Pokebodies from both of the previous levels (basic and 1st Lv. X)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by girazard View Post
    1. Say if you have LC Energy Retrieval and one Fire energy in your hand, and one fire energy in your discard pile, can you discard the energy in your hand, then retrieve it back along with the other energy in the discard pile? My brother and I have argued for several aeons about this...

2. In the new Platinum:Arceus set, if I have Leveled Up my fire Arceus to the Arceus Lv.X with 2 Poke-Bodies, am I able to level it up again to the Meteor Blast Arceus?

3. If so, can I use attacks AND Pokebodies from both of the previous levels (basic and 1st Lv. X)?
    1st question: Are you asking if you can discard the Fire energy for no reason? If you are then no, you can't discard cards from your hand unless a card or effect tells you to.

2nd question: You can't level up a Pokemon that's already leveled up.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

1st question: Are you asking if you can discard the Fire energy for no reason? If you are then no, you can't discard cards from your hand unless a card or effect tells you to.
    I mean if you can discard it by using Energy Retrieval, and then getting it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by girazard View Post
    I mean if you can discard it by using Energy Retrieval, and then getting it back.
    Oh, ok. Well there's no ruling for Energy Retrieval in the compendium, so I would guess that since it says to "trade" the cards in your hand for the energy then you would not be able to get back the card that you discarded.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

um.... do you have to evolve pokemon to play them? like putting a kingdra ex after a while
    I'm ACDC997 on pokemon global link.

White FC 2365 4922 7805- Use this
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes (Others):

Credit to Gladeshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Piekid11 View Post
    "I like to spread butter on my buttcheeks then slide down my kitchen floor nude in the middle of the night" and "I like to poop in cups and throw them at random by standers"

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Mew2 View Post
    um.... do you have to evolve pokemon to play them? like putting a kingdra ex after a while
    The Stage 1 and up cards say "Evolves from so-and-so" because they are supposed to evolve from that Pokemon. You can't play any evolved form just because you want to or some amount of time passes by.

The only exception that I know of would be from Majestic Dawn's Garchomp LV.X, who has an attack called Restore, which allows you to take any Pokemon (excluding LV.X) from your discard pile and place it on your Bench as a Basic Pokemon.

Other than that, you must always start at the Basic stage and work your way up to Stage 1, then Stage 2, if applicable.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

I have a question: In an unlimited deck, can you attatch a Lv. X card to an ex? Example:

Gastly>Haunter>Gengar ex>Gengar Lv.X
    Mewtwo ex>Mewtwo lv. X

Or do you have to do:

Gastly>Haunter>Gengar>Gengar lv.X
    Mewtwo>Mewtwo Lv. X

Please help.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    I have a question: In an unlimited deck, can you attatch a Lv. X card to an ex? Example:

Gastly>Haunter>Gengar ex>Gengar Lv.X
    Mewtwo ex>Mewtwo lv. X

Or do you have to do:

Gastly>Haunter>Gengar>Gengar lv.X
    Mewtwo>Mewtwo Lv. X

Please help.
    I can't be completely sure, but I think the general rules of evolution and leveling up still apply. If the LV.X card doesn't say "Put onto [Pokemon] ex", then it can't level up. Names generally matter.

How do weaknesses work for the old cards?
        Spoiler:- urgent:

In case you hadn't noticed, I struggle to get my words out. As a result, for posts of over 50 words, I might get off track or go rambling. Please don't quote me word for word on things where it looks jumbled. Use common sense. Also, posting from an iPod doesn't help.

Stop "1337-speak"!
    If I can't observe you, as you are on the other end of the internet, are you dead or alive as far as I'm concerned. Virtual Schrodinger's cat

do you know where i can get some energy cards because all the packs i have bought recently only contain pokemon?
    _

banner made by me!

Visit me on deviant art!
    http://wb-mf.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    I can't be completely sure, but I think the general rules of evolution and leveling up still apply. If the LV.X card doesn't say "Put onto [Pokemon] ex", then it can't level up. Names generally matter.
    That's correct. There is no way to put a Lv.X on an EX. It would have to say "Put onto your active Raichu EX" to work. (using Raichu as an example)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidmunchlax View Post
    How do weaknesses work for the old cards?
    Older cards that don't specify have x2 weakness.
    なにがでるかな!?

Quote Originally Posted by lv100magikarp View Post
    do you know where i can get some energy cards because all the packs i have bought recently only contain pokemon?
    They seemed to have removed the Energy cards from booster packs years ago. You'll need to buy either theme decks or get them from POP packs earned at Leagues. POP Packs only contain one random basic Energy, so I suggest getting what you need from theme decks. You can also try asking your League Owner/Leader to see if they have any extras. Who knows, maybe some Professor took advantage of that box of 900 Energy from Pokemon Organized Play. Although, it doesn't seem to be available to us anymore :/

They seemed to have removed the Energy cards from booster packs years ago. You'll need to buy either theme decks or get them from POP packs earned at Leagues. POP Packs only contain one random basic Energy, so I suggest getting what you need from theme decks. You can also try asking your League Owner/Leader to see if they have any extras. Who knows, maybe some Professor took advantage of that box of 900 Energy from Pokemon Organized Play. Although, it doesn't seem to be available to us anymore :/
    i dont play in a league but do you think they might sell them on amazon or somthing similar?
    _

banner made by me!

Visit me on deviant art!

Yea, because I see some cards say "Put on to Gallade E4" Or something so I asked. But yea, I have to do some work then. Thanks!
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by lv100magikarp View Post
    i dont play in a league but do you think they might sell them on amazon or somthing similar?
    eBay would probably be the best place. Lots of Energy cards sold in bulk there.

Question: For Dusknoir Lv. X, when he's knocked out, does that mean when the card description says "All cards attatched to Dusknoir Lv. X are discarded" Does that mean his pre-evos count, or just his tools and energy?

Question: For Dusknoir Lv. X, when he's knocked out, does that mean when the card description says "All cards attatched to Dusknoir Lv. X are discarded" Does that mean his pre-evos count, or just his tools and energy?
    His pre-evos count, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

eBay would probably be the best place. Lots of Energy cards sold in bulk there.
    thanx i'll have a look
    _

banner made by me!

Visit me on deviant art!

I deleted my old post, but I said thanks in it, just so you know...Anyway, I have yet another question. Is it bad having more than one Lv. X in your deck, or is it OK? What would be the better thing to do?

I deleted my old post, but I said thanks in it, just so you know...Anyway, I have yet another question. Is it bad having more than one Lv. X in your deck, or is it OK? What would be the better thing to do?
    Well do you mean of the same Lv.X or in total? I usualy go 2/2 if it's a basic and 3/1 if it's a stage 2. But for a total it doesn't matter. One of my currant decks has 4 total Lv.X and the other has 5 total.
    なにがでるかな!?

I meant different Lv. X. Oh good, because I want like, *Counts* 4 Lv. X in my deck, which are the following:

Uxie Lv. X (Mabye)
    Giratina Lv. X
    Gallade 4 Lv. X
    Dusknoir Lv. X

Well, at least I only have Gira lv. X at the moment, but thanks for answering!

Default Problem with rules

I'm playing TCG for long time and I don't like the new rules.Last week I looked at my cards and spotted this one:http://serebii.net/card/exlegendmaker/024.shtml . The question is: could I have only 4 basics in my deck?If yes, this card is a real killer.
    HG FC - 5027 7117 7179
    My shinies:,,
    Let The Trapinch Rule The World!

I don't like new rules also, but I've gotten used to them.
    Now for the question @ hand.
    You can have UPTO 4 of the basic PKMN in your deck.
    Lets say your wanting to make an Eeveelutions deck.
    You can have upto 4 Eevee & Eeveelutions (minus Shinings...AKA*'s which is 1 per deck)....if you wanting to use Level X's, you'll have to drop one of the Leafeon/Glaceon's to make room for them.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast