Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by sgtspontaneous View Post
    Responding to Skitty, thanks on the input, hopefully my issue doesn't rewrite all pokemon cards to come now :P

I do want to know, it's probably the same issue, regarding LA Metagross (Extra Comet Punch) the first attack does 50, the 2nd 100. If I have another identical one on the bench and the 1st one faints, and it states "During your next turn, Metagross's Extra Comet Punch attack's base damage is 100."

If one faints, does the other continue "Metagross's Extra Comet Punch" at 100?

Again, this is a different card, but the name and attack are identical, so I'd say it works again, nothing has really changed except which one...?
    As I said, pretend the card is saying "this pokemon" instead of it's name. That's the easiest way of explaining it. So if you attack with a Metagross and then retreat for a differant Metagross then it isn't the same card anymore. So no, if you retread for a differant Metagross then Extra Comet Punch would only do 50 again.
    I'll also point out that effects on either active Pokemon go away when the Pokemon goes to the bench. So if you retreat your Metagross and then use something like Warp Point to get it active again then it still would only do 50.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Default Trainers

Out of this list, which ones do you think are the best?
    Bucks training
    Bebe's Search
    Super Scoop Up
    Pokemon Rescue
    Warp Point
    Speed Stadium
    Cyrus's Initiative
    Evoluter
    Poke Radar
    Volkner's
    Oak's Visit
    Cynthia's Feelings
    Expert Belt
    Broken Time-Space
    Miasma Valley
    Luxury Ball
    Poke Healer +
    Roseanne's Research
    Rare Candy
    Professor Oak's Visit
    Looker's Investigation

These are for a grass deck base on Platinum Torterra and GE Sceptile
    My future HeartGold team-

Quote Originally Posted by faceplant2 View Post
    Out of this list, which ones do you think are the best?
    Bucks training Pretty good
    Bebe's Search Pretty good
    Super Scoop Up Not worth it
    Pokemon Rescue Great
    Warp Point Pretty good
    Speed Stadium So-so
    Cyrus's Initiative So-so
    Evoluter Pretty good
    Poke Radar Can't find it in my search
    Volkner's Pretty good
    Oak's Visit Pretty good
    Cynthia's Feelings Pretty good
    Expert Belt So-so
    Broken Time-Space NO
    Miasma Valley Pretty good
    Luxury Ball Great
    Poke Healer + Great (Only if you have 4 in your deck)
    Roseanne's Research Great
    Rare Candy Great
    Professor Oak's Visit LOL, you just did that.
    Looker's Investigation Pretty good

These are for a grass deck base on Platinum Torterra and GE Sceptile
    Comments in bold. Everything that says great you should for sure put in your deck. Anything that says pretty good you should consider putting it into your deck. Anything that's so-so you shouldn't consider putting in your deck unless you have a lot of space.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

yer i like rose's research too!
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Default Question about Energy cards

On a whim, me and a couple friends picked up a start deck and three boosters of the newer Pokemon cards last night for shits and giggles.

I was reading about official rules and such, and most tournaments and what not only allow cards from the most recent generations of cars. I was wondering if this includes energies or not? We were all going to try and dig up our old cards so we'd have extra energies laying around, and were just wondering if they're still considered "legal" cards.

Wrong section, but I use energies from expedition and they count. It's a reprinted card, so you can use a Potion from the Base Set for instance, and since it's reprinted you can still use it. Same with some of the secret rares in some sets, you can still use Base set Charizard I think.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Wrong section? Really? What other section could this possibly go in. This is the place to talk about the TCG. /boggle

Anywho, that's what I figured. Thanks for the response.

Not to go off topic or minimod, but I'm talking about a thread. The questions thread, of this forum. Sorry for not clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by Powerage View Post
    Wrong section? Really? What other section could this possibly go in. This is the place to talk about the TCG. /boggle
    He means where I just moved it to.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    Comments in bold. Everything that says great you should for sure put in your deck. Anything that says pretty good you should consider putting it into your deck. Anything that's so-so you shouldn't consider putting in your deck unless you have a lot of space.
    How is Super Scoop Up "not worth it"? Even if you have to flip, it's a very useful card, especially if you need to save a Pokemon, or Energy, from getting sent to the discard pile or just to pick up Uxie for re-use. There may be cards to retrieve Pokemon and Energy from the Discard Pile, but why wait for them to end up there, with your opponent one prize less away from winning?

Especially works well when a Broken Time-Space is in play or you have a Rare Candy on hand if you're trying to use Super Scoop Up on an evolved Pokemon.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Just wondering if I can evolve Delta Species into regular pokemon.
    For example if I have a delta species Ralts and Kirlia can I evolve into a gallade?

TCG Trader check out my wants and haves

Wants
    Haves

Pm me for trades!

Member of the TCG Club
    TCG Club

Steam Twister - 4th Gen Deck

BLACK FC:3310 7529 5045
    Name: Jeremy
    Feel free to add me and send me a message on the forums!

Current Shinny Hunt: Feebas @ 180 Hatched Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    How is Super Scoop Up "not worth it"? Even if you have to flip, it's a very useful card, especially if you need to save a Pokemon, or Energy, from getting sent to the discard pile or just to pick up Uxie for re-use. There may be cards to retrieve Pokemon and Energy from the Discard Pile, but why wait for them to end up there, with your opponent one prize less away from winning?

Especially works well when a Broken Time-Space is in play or you have a Rare Candy on hand if you're trying to use Super Scoop Up on an evolved Pokemon.
    Because I hate coin flips :/ Besides, I'd rather get a free retreat cost from a Stadium or a Pokemon move/Pokepower/Pokebody or something.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeTheGreat View Post
    Just wondering if I can evolve Delta Species into regular pokemon.
    For example if I have a delta species Ralts and Kirlia can I evolve into a gallade?
    Yes you can as long as the name is the same. And "Delta Species" is not part of any Pokemon's name.
    なにがでるかな!?

Hi!
    The pokemon I want to ask about is Dark Charmeleon. Can he evolve into Charizard or is Dark Charizard the only way? (I think it is)
    Also I wanted to ask about Regigigas Lv. X - if you use his pokepower does your opponent take prize card because one of your pokemons is knocked out or not? (I suppose he should take one)

Thanks for your reply!
    Btw, Nidoprince - "Raging Sea" is awesome, thanks again ^.^

Dark Charmeleon is Dark charmeleon(Dark is part of his name) as it's shown on dark charizard card - evolves from DARK charmeleon.
    About regigigas - when player's pokemon is knocked out, second player takes prize card.No matter why pokemon was knocked out.
    Last edited by The Trapinch; 19th December 2009 at 3:44 PM.
    HG FC - 5027 7117 7179
    My shinies:,,
    Let The Trapinch Rule The World!

Quote Originally Posted by Badrock View Post
    Hi!
    The pokemon I want to ask about is Dark Charmeleon. Can he evolve into Charizard or is Dark Charizard the only way? (I think it is)
    Also I wanted to ask about Regigigas Lv. X - if you use his pokepower does your opponent take prize card because one of your pokemons is knocked out or not? (I suppose he should take one)

Thanks for your reply!
    Btw, Nidoprince - "Raging Sea" is awesome, thanks again ^.^
    Dark Charizard evolves only from Dark Charmeleon, the normal Charizard evolves only from the normal Charmeleon.
    What you have is a Dark Charmeleon, so Dark Charizard is the only way, as Dark Charizard is the only card that says "Evolves from Dark Charmeleon".

Regigigas doesn't says that the opponent doesn't get a prize for that, so the opponent does get a prize for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomasta View Post
    Regigigas doesn't says that the opponent doesn't get a prize for that, so the opponent does get a prize for it.
    So it's against the rules because I have the rulebook from Stormfront (Regigigas is also from this expasion) and it says:
    Thenever you Knock Out your opponent's Pokemon, your opponent puts his or her Basic okemon card and all cards attached to it (Evolution cards, Energy cards, and so on) in the discard pile. Then you chose one of your Prizes (you do this even if your opponent Knocks Out his or her own Pokemon, or if it is Knocked Out between turns!) and put it into your hand.
    So I think it's me who's right?

Quote Originally Posted by Badrock View Post
    So it's against the rules because I have the rulebook from Stormfront (Regigigas is also from this expasion) and it says:

So I think it's me who's right?
    You're wrong, and this question was answered a few pages back (I asked it for confirmation, actually).

If a Pokemon is knocked out, the person who is playing opposite of the Pokemon that was knocked out takes a prize, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ON THE CARD (all caps and bold for emphasis, not trying to seem mean). There's one Unown that has (I think) the Refresh Poke-Power, which allows you to knock it out (without your opponent taking a prize card) to draw one card.

Tl;dr

If you use Sacrifice, your opponent takes a prize.
    I'm done, no more trades. Don't PM me, don't send me an email. I won't respond because I almost never come here anymore.

Can someone explain to me the differences of playing with 2 players than playing with 7 in the Rumble TCG? I couldn't make the jump in the rulebook seeing they explained how to play with 7 but not 2, mostly anyway. Thanks.

Hi again!
    Next question I wanted to ask about is:
    Double Rainbow Energy says that it must be attached to evolved pokemon (excluding ex). Does that mean that it can't be attached to ex pokemon or that it can be attached to any ex pokemon (including basic ex)?
    Thanks for answer!

Just wondering... Does Aerodactyl SP's Primal Breath attack override a rare candy or a Broken Time Space?

Just wondering... Does Aerodactyl SP's Primal Breath attack override a rare candy or a Broken Time Space?
    Sorry that posted twice, my computer's slow. How do I delete it?

I'd say that it overrides Broken Time Space, because it's effect is like... global but it doesn't override Rare Candy (attack says that opponent can't play evolution or levelup cards but when he plays Rare Candy he plays a Trainer and using other card is only a side-effect), but it's only my opinion.
    Also my question is still open!
    Last edited by Badrock; 21st December 2009 at 11:01 AM.

well ex's are sort of like evo cards, i mean lv x counts as an evo card! so yer. if it says on the card excluding ex then it cant be attached to a ex. soz

My Question is:
    On my New Charizard G LV.X. iT SAYS ON ITS POWER/BODY to take energy from my pokemon to Charizard G no Lv.X. does this mean i can get energy on the lv x?
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

IMO yes - it's even written in the rulebook (in "Pokemon that Refer to Themselves" part) that you should read it as "this pokemon" so I think you can transfer energy to your Lv. X

PS. If you aren't sure read the end of description aswell
    This power can't be used if Charizard G is affected by a Special Condition.
    There's no Lv.X too but it doesn't mean that you can't use pokepower if other Charizard G is affected by a Special Condition, right?
    Last edited by Badrock; 21st December 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast