Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

kk thanx you
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Mania97 View Post
    well ex's are sort of like evo cards, i mean lv x counts as an evo card! so yer. if it says on the card excluding ex then it cant be attached to a ex. soz

My Question is:
    On my New Charizard G LV.X. iT SAYS ON ITS POWER/BODY to take energy from my pokemon to Charizard G no Lv.X. does this mean i can get energy on the lv x?
    No, it doesn't actually, it counts as leveling up the Pokemon, not evolving. And since Lv. X count as level up cards, the real Pokemon (Charizard G in this case) is mentioned in text because the Lv. X card is just, well, a level up.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    No, it doesn't actually, it counts as leveling up the Pokemon, not evolving. And since Lv. X count as level up cards, the real Pokemon (Charizard G in this case) is mentioned in text because the Lv. X card is just, well, a level up.
    No thats not what i mean! i mean like if you play a card that tells u to remove the highet stage card from it, then u will need to take of the lv x. so really they are very sort of like evo cards
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD

OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

Remove the highest stage? Take off the Lv. X? I have no idea what you mean.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

well i read it off a website taht seemed reliable. and lv x cards are higher cards. lets just end it, ur right and i am too!
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD

OF:

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by faceplant2 View Post
    Just wondering... Does Aerodactyl SP's Primal Breath attack override a rare candy or a Broken Time Space?
    Sorry that posted twice, my computer's slow. How do I delete it?
    Badrock is wrong. You can't evolve it from your hand by normal means, BTS or Rare Candy.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

No thats not what i mean! i mean like if you play a card that tells u to remove the highet stage card from it, then u will need to take of the lv x. so really they are very sort of like evo cards
    *Im using Dusknoir Lvl X as an example

If a card tell you to remove the highest stage of the Dusknoir Lvl X, you remove both Dusknoir and Dusknoir Lvl X.
    Eevo Light
    Vapor Acid /\ Flare Burst /\ Jolt Shock
    ESP Power /\ Umbra Ray /\ Leaf Hurricane /\Glace Beam
    Sylva Dust

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Eeveelution View Post
    *Im using Dusknoir Lvl X as an example

If a card tell you to remove the highest stage of the Dusknoir Lvl X, you remove both Dusknoir and Dusknoir Lvl X.
    yer exactly
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD

OF:

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I was stating an answer, the way you reply to me as if I was asking a confirmation
    im sorry if i affended u
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD

OF:

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

No Poke Mania didn't double posted, I deleted my post

I question for WailordOnSkitty

a Ruling of a Certain cards are the same in each countries or vary?
    Eevo Light
    Vapor Acid /\ Flare Burst /\ Jolt Shock
    ESP Power /\ Umbra Ray /\ Leaf Hurricane /\Glace Beam
    Sylva Dust

No Poke Mania didn't double posted, I deleted my post

I question for WailordOnSkitty

a Ruling of a Certain cards are the same in each countries or vary?
    Well the Japanese Pokemon Company makes all of the rules for the game and the rules are supposed to be the same no matter where you live, but sometimes they get "mis-translated" when the rule gets made. They are usualy fixed soon though.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

i assume the answer is no but im going to ask anyway.
    i have a flareon whos power is that you can unevlove it and its second attack is benefited if it evloved from eevee in the same turn, so i was wondering if i can unevolve this pokemon and then re-evolve it in the one turn?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreshness View Post
    i assume the answer is no but im going to ask anyway.
    i have a flareon whos power is that you can unevlove it and its second attack is benefited if it evloved from eevee in the same turn, so i was wondering if i can unevolve this pokemon and then re-evolve it in the one turn?
    Yes you can.

Just watch out for the Eevee's HP. Like, if the Eevee has 50 HP and Flareon has 5 or more damage counters, then Eevee gets knocked out once you unevolve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomasta View Post
    Yes you can.

Just watch out for the Eevee's HP. Like, if the Eevee has 50 HP and Flareon has 5 or more damage counters, then Eevee gets knocked out once you unevolve it.
    And this is why you shouldn't answer unless you are sure.

No, you can't evolve it again that turn unless you use something like Broken Time Space or Rare Candy.
    なにがでるかな!?

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    And this is why you shouldn't answer unless you are sure.

No, you can't evolve it again that turn unless you use something like Broken Time Space or Rare Candy.
    Say why, I don't see anything that stops that from happening.

The only restriction in evolution is that you cannot evolve the same poke twice in the same turn. You have the Flareon, then you use the poke-power to unevolve it, and since Eevee has not evolved during this turn, nothing stops you from evolving it.
    Nothing on Flareon says anything about evolutions either.
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomasta View Post
    Say why, I don't see anything that stops that from happening.

The only restriction in evolution is that you cannot evolve the same poke twice in the same turn. You have the Flareon, then you use the poke-power to unevolve it, and since Eevee has not evolved during this turn, nothing stops you from evolving it.
    Nothing on Flareon says anything about evolutions either.
    Technically, the rule is that you can't evolve (or level-up) a Pokemon in the same turn as it was played. By Undeveloping, the Eevee then becomes "played". Or if you want to interpret the rule differently, a turn must pass before a Pokemon can evolve or level-up through normal means. Flareon is not the same as Eevee, so now that Eevee just appeared in play by devolving, it must wait a turn.

By what you think, I might as well evolve Charmeleon right to Charizard in the same turn because Charmeleon didn't evolve that turn. Charmander did.
    Last edited by Asrialys; 31st December 2009 at 6:15 AM.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

yer i would believe SkittyonWailord as he is a Pokemon Proffesuer(if thats how u spell it):s
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD

OF:

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

yer i would believe SkittyonWailord as he is a Pokemon Proffesuer(if thats how u spell it):s
    And here's the ruling from the Compendium just incase you need further proof.

Undevelop
    Q. If I use the "Undevelop" Poke-POWER to devolve Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon, can I then use that same card (or another) to re-evolve Eevee again in the same turn?
    A. No, you must wait until the following turn before you can evolve that Eevee again, unless you use Rare Candy, Broken Time-Space, etc. to bypass the normal evolutionary rules. (PL:Rising Rivals FAQ; May 21, 2009 PUI Rules Team)
    なにがでるかな!?

By what you think, I might as well evolve Charmeleon right to Charizard in the same turn because Charmeleon didn't evolve that turn. Charmander did.
    I was referring to the same pile of cards(the same pokemon), not one specific stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    Technically, the rule is that you can't evolve (or level-up) a Pokemon in the same turn as it was played. By Undeveloping, the Eevee then becomes "played". Or if you want to interpret the rule differently, a turn must pass before a Pokemon can evolve or level-up through normal means. Flareon is not the same as Eevee, so now that Eevee just appeared in play by devolving, it must wait a turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    And here's the ruling from the Compendium just incase you need further proof.
    It goes back to "just played" status even though its been there for turns? Devolving does that?

* When a Pokemon evolves or devolves it is NO longer considered to be the same Pokemon.
    ... So devolving works exactly like evolving, instead of being just a small effect that removes the top one?

In any case, I admit I was wrong.

whut

I have 7 questions:

1) What do Pokemon Tool cards do?
    2) How many Trainer Cards can I play in a turn?
    3) Can I put Energy on Benched Pokemon, if so how many a turn?
    4) How many Pokemon can I put onto my Bench from the hand?
    5) Can I place Stage 1/2/LV.X Pokemon on my bench?
    6) If I attack, do I discard the energy from my Pokemon?
    7) When It says "all defending Pokemon" does it mean all my benched Pokemon too?

1: You attatch them to Pokemon (I mean by under them, sideways so the picture shows) and do what the effect tells you. Almost like a trainer, but you attatch it, and it stays on until it tells you to discard it. If the Pokemon gets knocked out, you discard it with it.

2: As many as you want, but you can only play one SUPPORTER per turn.

3: You can attatch an Energy Card to any Pokemon at all, but only one energy per turn wether you attatch it to any Pokemon.

4: You can place as many Pokemon as you want to your bench in a turn (You could even place the maximum in one turn if you had the cards) but only 5 benched, and one active can be in play.

5: You can place Stage 1/2 Pokemon to basic Pokemon, like if Charmander is on your bench, you can evolve it to Charmeleon (You can only evolve one Pokemon per turn, and only one stage per turn), but only basic Pokemon can be placed on the bench from your hand directly (And SPs).

6: No, but if it tells you to, yes.

7: No, but if it's a double battle, then you do the effect on both defending Pokemon, I believe.

Thanks!
    How do I find what set my card is from?

Look at the bottom right corner of a card and it will have a symbol. The symbol represents the set. (I.e. Platinum's symbol is Giratina's crest).

Sweet! Thanks!

What happens if I have 2+ basic Pokemon in my hand at the start of a game?

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast