Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

Hey, I've got a question:
    In the "rate my deck" part of the forum I had a discussion about the number of pokemon types that you can have in a deck...
    a user said that the second classified at TCG World Championships had six different types of Pokemon in his deck. I'm Italian, and in a tournament at the pokemon day I won because at the table, so a told me staff member, the opponent had more than three types of Pokemon in his deck ... so: the rules are different from country to country? who is right between me and the other participant in the discussion?
    ABSOLUTLY ABSOL

Hey, total TCG newb! I used to collect cards years ago...still have them - but only as a collector, I've now started playing...I mean literally a few days ago...and I have a few questions

- The deck I'm using is Platinum:Arceus and I'd like to customise it - what sets can I use?
    - I thought I was fairly up to scratch on the rules and played through the learners demo at the TCG site, but the question bruno asks above - what does that mean? I wasn't aware you could only have a certain number of different types of pokemon in your deck, I thought it was no more than 4 of any same (name) pokemon but other than that whichever you liked as long as you stick to 60 cards.

Thanks!

You can use in modified format only hgss and newer.

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by brunodefilippo View Post
    Hey, I've got a question:
    In the "rate my deck" part of the forum I had a discussion about the number of pokemon types that you can have in a deck...
    a user said that the second classified at TCG World Championships had six different types of Pokemon in his deck. I'm Italian, and in a tournament at the pokemon day I won because at the table, so a told me staff member, the opponent had more than three types of Pokemon in his deck ... so: the rules are different from country to country? who is right between me and the other participant in the discussion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Hey, total TCG newb! I used to collect cards years ago...still have them - but only as a collector, I've now started playing...I mean literally a few days ago...and I have a few questions
    - The deck I'm using is Platinum:Arceus and I'd like to customise it - what sets can I use?
    - I thought I was fairly up to scratch on the rules and played through the learners demo at the TCG site, but the question bruno asks above - what does that mean? I wasn't aware you could only have a certain number of different types of pokemon in your deck, I thought it was no more than 4 of any same (name) pokemon but other than that whichever you liked as long as you stick to 60 cards.
    Thanks!

Yes, the rules are different from country to country as the the number of Pokemon Types.

You can use decks HG/SS Base Set and newer to customize it.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post
    You can use in modified format only hgss and newer.
    Sorry, what does modified format mean in relation to cards?

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Yes, the rules are different from country to country as the the number of Pokemon Types.

You can use decks HG/SS Base Set and newer to customize it.
    Thank you both!

ETA: Can I use energies from any sets, or do they have to be HG/SS and newer too?
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 3rd May 2012 at 3:42 PM.

hey, in the Pokemon TCG help thread told me that the rules are different country by country, so in italy you can't have more than 3 types of pokemon in your deck but in USA you can. I think it's not fair for the world championship because an italian player has a no-more-3-types deck... the rules must be rewritten, 1 copy for all countries!
    ABSOLUTLY ABSOL

YEA, any set. modified is just the standard tournsmentr format

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Sorry, what does modified format mean in relation to cards?

Thank you both!

ETA: Can I use energies from any sets, or do they have to be HG/SS and newer too?
    Energies - any sets
    Modified - using customized sets that are HG/SS and newer, plus the sets and promos that Skitty on Wailord listed

(fyi Unlimited is what uses all decks)
    Last edited by G50; 4th May 2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: My bad, read into it wrong.

Thanks again to both of you. I'm going to get a Black & White deck so I can register with the local league, but I'm really liking my Platinum custom deck so far.

I've got mainly electric/psychic pokemon so I'm thinking I'll stick with that as my main theme - is it wise to have a few other types in there? My only concern is that then you have to stock up on other types of energies. Basically, what are the main points you need to think of when deck building?

Thanks again to both of you. I'm going to get a Black & White deck so I can register with the local league, but I'm really liking my Platinum custom deck so far.

I've got mainly electric/psychic pokemon so I'm thinking I'll stick with that as my main theme - is it wise to have a few other types in there? My only concern is that then you have to stock up on other types of energies. Basically, what are the main points you need to think of when deck building?
    It is recommended to have 2 types, if you want to have more it's okay.

Keep a good balance of Pokemon, energy, trainer, and supporter cards.

Think of what Trainer and Supporter cards work best with your deck.
    Last edited by G50; 4th May 2012 at 11:57 PM.

Great - I don't mean to spam with lots of "thank you" replies, but seriously, thanks for being so helpful

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Energies - any sets
    Modified - using customized sets that are newer than Neo: Genesis

(fyi Unlimited is what uses all decks)
    Actually the modidied format only uses cards from these sets and promos, not Neo Genesis and up.

Heart Gold Soul Silver
    HS Unleashed
    HS Undaunted
    HS Triumphant
    Call of Legends
    Black and White
    BW Emerging Powers
    BW Noble Victories
    BW Next Destinies
    HS Trainer Kit
    BW Trainer Kit
    Black Star Promo Cards numbered HGSS01 and higher and Black Star Promo Cards numbered BW01 and higher
    2011 McDonalds promos
    Battle Road: Victory Medal
    Battle Road: Victory Cup
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by brunodefilippo View Post
    hey, in the Pokemon TCG help thread told me that the rules are different country by country, so in italy you can't have more than 3 types of pokemon in your deck but in USA you can. I think it's not fair for the world championship because an italian player has a no-more-3-types deck... the rules must be rewritten, 1 copy for all countries!
    I agree. I only know rules for NA, UK and Japan. Having different rules for just Italy (and maybe a few other countries over there?) is pretty strange. But at least we got the answer.
    And you said that the Italian rulebook says it too? Can you PM me a picture or screenshot of that page? I would like to bring it up with a few other judges I know.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

What????? try to do that deck on the TCG online and you'll see that it is illegal: a deck can't have more than 3 types as the instruction book says
    And as a judge I'm like wtf, you talking aboot? There is no limitation to the amount of type's you can put into your deck providing the type, such deck's as six corner's etc, etc would then be considered banned, however if that where possible that we considered favoritism and thats just plain stupid. If this is true consider going to a league or talking to a TO, PTO, or judge to get a second ruling on that, as you are allowed to enter into worlds it makes sense to have the same ruling's.

deck edit, E. retrieval, yes I see you have great on field energy strategy but what about deck's that discard energy, considering that in theory these are heavy energy type's, and how about a cobalion from NV?
    Last edited by ven?; 5th May 2012 at 1:35 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

That's cool, I've been going from HGSS and onwards as I think you told me in another thread

If you see my reply before this I sayd that the rules are different country by country...
    ABSOLUTLY ABSOL

Um, no they're not, because if they were then how does every country compete at worlds with the same rule's? doesn't exist.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rules that were stated were stated by someone who has no idea how the tcg ruling system works.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Um, no they're not, because if they were then how does every country compete at worlds with the same rule's? doesn't exist.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rules that were stated were stated by someone who has no idea how the tcg ruling system works.
    Though it is unlikely, it could be possable. Just like how Japan can use far more more different cards while they have to use only what's available to NA at Worlds. And how in Yugioh Woulds (though a bit off-topic) Japanese players must go with NA rulings when they come up, which can very quite alot sometimes.

But I'm not going to complely beleave it myself until I see a scan or picture of an Italian rulebook that says so (as I asked brunodefilippo for a few days ago). Though it does seem strange that pokemon.com/it/ doesn't have a scan of the rulebook like NA does, so I'm not sure.
    なにがでるかな!?

Thats true that the japanese are lucky and everything happens to them faster then the rest of us (even though we're only a boat ride away). It would make more sense to have the rule's the same due to an Internet community and to keep thing's simple.

I agree, it does seem strange.

So, I downloaded the new TCGO thing and was playing through the single stuff to unlock cards etc, go back to play today and none of my gameplay has been saved. Is this a glitch or is the single player mode not save-able and just for practise?

So, I downloaded the new TCGO thing and was playing through the single stuff to unlock cards etc, go back to play today and none of my gameplay has been saved. Is this a glitch or is the single player mode not save-able and just for practise?
    The new download TCGO isn't really 100% working yet from what I've seen.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Cool, I can live with that. I'll go back to it later - thanks

With it being Beta mode still, during maitenance time sometimes the data gets lost.

It has happened to me several times.

So what are you doing personally, waiting or doesn't it bother you replaying?

So what are you doing personally, waiting or doesn't it bother you replaying?
    I wait for the maitenance to be over, and then begin where I left off before the maitenence.

I do get frustrated when it doesn't save, but I don't mind doing it over again.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast