Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

okay, another question. I know you can only have 4 pokemon of the same name, but can you have more than 4 of a trainer card of the same name, eg. more than four potions or celio's network and so on?
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Rokon View Post
    okay, another question. I know you can only have 4 pokemon of the same name, but can you have more than 4 of a trainer card of the same name, eg. more than four potions or celio's network and so on?
    No. Apart from basic energy, you can't have more than 4 of any card in your deck. It doesn't matter if it's a pokemon, non-basic energy or trainer.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Am I allowed to use cards from the current series of Pokemon TCG with the Original cards from back in the day? I'm starting to get back into TCG and was wondering if I can mix new cards with my old collection.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Explosivo View Post
    Am I allowed to use cards from the current series of Pokemon TCG with the Original cards from back in the day? I'm starting to get back into TCG and was wondering if I can mix new cards with my old collection.

Thanks!
    Not if you're playing in sanctioned tournaments. In proper tournaments, you can only use cards from EX Holon Phantoms onwards (and reprints).

Erm...I got a question about Vespiquen card (EX Diamond and Pearl),about the attack,the attack is called "attack Order",Its says Does 10 damages times the number of leaf pokemon in play,(yours and your opponnent).

What if (example) wurmple evolves to silcoon then to beautifly,Does that means 10x5 (plus combee and vespiquen)?

Is that correct?

Please reply,Really appreciated.
    Sexy as ever!

Quote Originally Posted by mew keeper View Post
    Erm...I got a question about Vespiquen card (EX Diamond and Pearl),about the attack,the attack is called "attack Order",Its says Does 10 damages times the number of leaf pokemon in play,(yours and your opponnent).

What if (example) wurmple evolves to silcoon then to beautifly,Does that means 10x5 (plus combee and vespiquen)?

Is that correct?

Please reply,Really appreciated.
    Nope. Just Vespiquen and Beautifly.

^owh,thanks!
    Sexy as ever!

I've got a question on combos. How do they work? And could anyone please give me a good card to go with Aggron PK or Bastiodon MT?

-Thanks
    l HISYAM l 0301 6552 9550 l

Quote Originally Posted by malikhisyam View Post
    I've got a question on combos. How do they work? And could anyone please give me a good card to go with Aggron PK or Bastiodon MT?

-Thanks
    About Aggron:

I came up with a pretty good Aggron deck once. I called it terra Draw.
    Any way, I played it with 3-2-3 Aggron (1 MT), 3-2/1 Delcatty (2 PK, 1 CG), and a 1-1-1 Magnezone (PK Magneton).. Basicly, choose which Three of the 5 cards you want, then draw them, then repeat. You then should have some energy in the discard pile between energy drawing and constraining, so Aggron MT/Delcatty EX can come out a do some major damage. Other options are to drop the Zone completely and go 4-3-2/2 Aggron (2PK/2MT) or mix in some Aggron EX cg. Either way, it worked out pretty well.

I found it out in a website.^

I have a question about Gardevoir Lv.X

about gardevoir's attack: Bring down,its says to choose the fewest remaining HP pokemon( yours or your opponnets).....that means what??

please reply.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 21st November 2007 at 3:11 PM.
    Sexy as ever!

I have a question about Gardevoir Lv.X

about gardevoir's attack: Bring down,its says to choose the fewest remaining HP pokemon( yours or your opponnets).....that means what??
    It means that when you look to see which pokemon has the fewest HP, you look at both sides.
    If one of your opponents pokemon has the fewest HP, the attack would KO that pokemon.
    If one of your pokemon has the fewest HP, the attack would KO that pokemon.
    If there are 2 or more pokemon tied for the lowest remaining HP, the person using the attack would chose which one to KO.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    It means that when you look to see which pokemon has the fewest HP, you look at both sides.
    If one of your opponents pokemon has the fewest HP, the attack would KO that pokemon.
    If one of your pokemon has the fewest HP, the attack would KO that pokemon.
    If there are 2 or more pokemon tied for the lowest remaining HP, the person using the attack would chose which one to KO.
    that means:

if one of my pokemon HP is 60 (fewest one)
    and my opponent pokemon HP is 40 (fewest one)
    then the opponent's pokemon is knocked out?
    Sexy as ever!

that means:

if one of my pokemon HP is 60 (fewest one)
    and my opponent pokemon HP is 40 (fewest one)
    then the opponent's pokemon is knocked out?
    That is corresct.
    なにがでるかな!?

ok,thanks then.
    Sexy as ever!

Question involving a pre-4th gen card.

Consider Delta Ampharos' Poke-Body, which states that every Pokemon card in your deck, discard pile, hand and in play will be treated as a Delta Pokemon. When it says "in play", does that include your opponent's Pokemon in play? (Because that should mean you can make a deck that uses this Poke-body with Dewgong Delta and Togetic Delta.)

Fingo par Res

That doesn't include your opponent's Pokémon - just yours.

Question involving energy cards

I have some dark energies that are both special and basic energy cards, as a whole are dark energies counted as special or basic energies?

Quote Originally Posted by John Light View Post
    Question involving energy cards

I have some dark energies that are both special and basic energy cards, as a whole are dark energies counted as special or basic energies?
    They're not counted as any particular type of Energy card "on the whole". There are both Special Darkness Energy cards and the new basic Darkness Energy cards. The only differences are that Special Darkness Energy cards have an added effect and are limited to four per deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher DSX View Post
    That doesn't include your opponent's Pokémon - just yours.
    So wait, that means it's only good for powering up Ampharos' attack?

Fingo par Res

Quote Originally Posted by profpeanut View Post
    So wait, that means it's only good for powering up Ampharos' attack?
    Well, no, not just Ampharos' - other Pokémon's attacks may be powered up by it. Feraligatr's Battle Aura, for example. Pinsir's attack too. And tons of other cards.

Default Ho-oh: Rainbow Burn. Rainbow Energy?

Ho-oh: Rainbow Burn: "This attack does 30 damage plus 10 more damage for each type of Basic Energy card, if any, attached to Ho-Oh."

Rainbow Energy: Special Energy Card: "Attach Rainbow Energy to 1 of your Pokemon. While in play, Rainbow Energy counts as every type of basic Energy but only provides 1 Energy at a time. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card when not in play.) When you attach this card from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon, it does 10 damage to that Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance)"

So for Ho-oh, there are the six original basic types, and now dark and steel exist in basic energy form. So from what i can see, this move can do up to 110 damage.

The question is, does Rainbow Energy unlock the full 110 damage just by being attached to Ho-oh?

Please don't reply with just a personal interpretation. I would really like to know if this is allowed at official tournaments and such. It had to have come up in the past. Thanks for reply.
    My Shinies:

: (

Quote Originally Posted by whiteunibrow View Post
    Ho-oh: Rainbow Burn: "This attack does 30 damage plus 10 more damage for each type of Basic Energy card, if any, attached to Ho-Oh."

Rainbow Energy: Special Energy Card: "Attach Rainbow Energy to 1 of your Pokemon. While in play, Rainbow Energy counts as every type of basic Energy but only provides 1 Energy at a time. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card when not in play.) When you attach this card from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon, it does 10 damage to that Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance)"

So for Ho-oh, there are the six original basic types, and now dark and steel exist in basic energy form. So from what i can see, this move can do up to 110 damage.

The question is, does Rainbow Energy unlock the full 110 damage just by being attached to Ho-oh?
    Please don't reply with just a personal interpretation. I would really like to know if this is allowed at official tournaments and such. It had to have come up in the past. Thanks for reply.
    No, it doesn't. It only counts as one energy, but any type. That means, you'll only get to do 40 damage.

EDIT : Rank up! ^__^
    Last edited by malikhisyam; 4th January 2008 at 12:50 PM.
    l HISYAM l 0301 6552 9550 l

Quote Originally Posted by malikhisyam View Post
    No, it doesn't. It only counts as one energy, but any type. That means, you'll only get to do 40 damage.

EDIT : Rank up! ^__^
    Actualy Ho-oh says "This attack does 30 damage plus 10 more damage for each type of Basic Energy card, if any, attached to Ho-Oh."
    Since Rainbow isn't a Basic Energy, it wouldn't add any extra damage to the attack.
    An example would be if the Ho-oh has 4 Rainbow Energy on it it would only do 30 because it doesn't have any Basic Energy cards to add to the damage.
    なにがでるかな!?

I got a question about Darkrai lv.x (Great encounters) attack,endless darkness:

It says: "the defending pokemon is now asleep.Flip 2 coins instead of 1 between turns.If either of them is tails,the defending pokemon is stipp asleep.If both of them are tails,the defending pokemon is knocked out".

my question is:
    1. When will my opponent flip the coin,during his turn,and during my turn?
    2.What if my opponent gets head instead of tails,and tails during the other flip. which means he/she gets head and tails.

thanks.
    Sexy as ever!

Hi, my question is this, if a Pokémon is asleep, can you use a switch card to retreat it? And if no, are there any cards aside from Full Heal that can cure the sleep?
    Pokémon Diamond Friend Code
    Name:Romanov
    Code:0516-6239-3184
    On the hunt for event Pokémon I don't have.
    .    Spoiler:- My events!:

I clone most of my event Pokémon to trade for other ones since I collect them. Items, EV Trained Pokémon, etc. are all one of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dialga View Post
    Hi, my question is this, if a Pokémon is asleep, can you use a switch card to retreat it? And if no, are there any cards aside from Full Heal that can cure the sleep?
    Yes, you can.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast