Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

OK, thank you very much
    Pokémon Diamond Friend Code
    Name:Romanov
    Code:0516-6239-3184
    On the hunt for event Pokémon I don't have.
    .    Spoiler:- My events!:

I clone most of my event Pokémon to trade for other ones since I collect them. Items, EV Trained Pokémon, etc. are all one of a kind.

Default Darkrai Lv.X Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku View Post
    my question is:
    1. When will my opponent flip the coin,during his turn,and during my turn?
    2.What if my opponent gets head instead of tails,and tails during the other flip. which means he/she gets head and tails.
    1. Your opponent flips the coins between turns, just like being asleep normally.
    2 If your opponent gets a heads and a tails (or a tails and a heads) his pokemon stays asleep.

Hope that helps.
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon forever!
    PM me if you need to be rescued-WI-FI PASSWORDS ONLY
    My current games: PMD2, SSBB, and Platinum

Question MD Phione

Md Phione's first attack: Search your deck for a card that evolves from one of your pokemon and put it on that pokemon.(This counts as evolving that pokemon) Shuffle your deck afterward. My question: can you evolve that pokemon next turn? Example: use Phione to evolve Piplup into Prinplup, next turn you draw-or already have-Empoleon. Can you evolve it that turn?

Thanks.
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon forever!
    PM me if you need to be rescued-WI-FI PASSWORDS ONLY
    My current games: PMD2, SSBB, and Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor5000 View Post
    Md Phione's first attack: Search your deck for a card that evolves from one of your pokemon and put it on that pokemon.(This counts as evolving that pokemon) Shuffle your deck afterward. My question: can you evolve that pokemon next turn? Example: use Phione to evolve Piplup into Prinplup, next turn you draw-or already have-Empoleon. Can you evolve it that turn?

Thanks.
    yes .
    russian graffiti

I was wondering what do you do for a pokemon's weekness if it just shows an energy type and doesn't show like +10 or x2?

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by lovekiller13 View Post
    I was wondering what do you do for a pokemon's weekness if it just shows an energy type and doesn't show like +10 or x2?
    The pre-DP cards used just the energy symble as you discibed. For those you would use x2.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I have a question about the new Espeon.
    Its pokebody description says says "each of your pokemon that evolves from eevee gets +20 HP. You cant use more than one sunlight vieil poke-body each turn".
    I have two questions

1. Does that mean you actually heal 2 damage counters each time its used or does it raise the max HP of that card like the old Sabrina's gastly?
    2. If it does raise the max HP, does that mean it can be stacked each round?

There seems to be a few ways to interpret the card so if anyone knows for sure, let me know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vansaveslives View Post
    I have a question about the new Espeon.
    Its pokebody description says says "each of your pokemon that evolves from eevee gets +20 HP. You cant use more than one sunlight vieil poke-body each turn".
    I have two questions

1. Does that mean you actually heal 2 damage counters each time its used or does it raise the max HP of that card like the old Sabrina's gastly?
    2. If it does raise the max HP, does that mean it can be stacked each round?

There seems to be a few ways to interpret the card so if anyone knows for sure, let me know. Thanks!
    If you have the Espeon in play then it's total HP is 100.
    If you have the Espeon and a Flareon in play then the Espeon has a total of 100 HP and the Flareon has a total of 110 HP.
    If you have Espeon, a Glaceon and a Leafeon Lv.X in play then the Espeon would have 100, the Glaceon would have 110 and the Leafeon Lv.X would have 130.
    But if you have 3 Espeon in play then they would still have only 100 HP.

Remember that Pokebodies are always on and cannot be "activated".
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Sorry if these have been asked before but...

1) When you play a basic Pokemon, are you allowed to use a rare candy to evolve it that same turn?

2) If you use an attack such as "Sand Attack" that states "The defending pokemon can't attack during you're opponents next turn" or something along those lines, does that also apply to the new defending pokemon if your opponent retreats and sends in a new one?

Thanks for the answers, these two were the ones that bugged my and my friends for awhile. We're still not sure if we're playing right haha >_<

Quote Originally Posted by GageOne View Post
    Sorry if these have been asked before but...

1) When you play a basic Pokemon, are you allowed to use a rare candy to evolve it that same turn?

2) If you use an attack such as "Sand Attack" that states "The defending pokemon can't attack during you're opponents next turn" or something along those lines, does that also apply to the new defending pokemon if your opponent retreats and sends in a new one?

Thanks for the answers, these two were the ones that bugged my and my friends for awhile. We're still not sure if we're playing right haha >_<
    1: Yes, you can Rare Candy it that turn.
    2: It only afects the Pokemon you attacked. So if it retreats or evolves/levels-up then they can attack normaly.
    なにがでるかな!?

3 questions here:

1.Some attacks say it hurts one of the defending pokemon, but what do they mean with 1 of them? there can only be 1 at a time right?

2.How many Lv x cards are allowed in a deck?

3.Some cards feature a dark type energy symbol in the attacks, do they always mean basic energy by this, or is that special dark energy card from D/P also useable in this way?
    (like when it says, this attack does 10x damage times the number of (dark icon) attacked to the pokemon, do they only mean basic dark?)

Thnx
    Last edited by Dennix; 16th August 2008 at 10:47 PM.

I've been looking all over the net and have come across various different answers to something I've been pondering for a while.

Can you have up to 4 of each Burmy (Burmy Grass, Burmy Sand and Burmy Trash) or does each one count towards your 4 a deck limit? I thought it would be like Unown, but there's a few varying differences.

Each form of Wormadam evolves from a specific form Burmy, but Mothim evolves from any of them.

Wormadam Trash Cloak in its attack text, states that Iron Tackle also does damage to 'Wormadam Trash Cloak' suggesting that the Trash Cloak even though it's in small text is actually part of its name.

*Answers in bold*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennix View Post
    3 questions here:

1.Some attacks say it hurts one of the defending pokemon, but what do they mean with 1 of them? there can only be 1 at a time right?

There is a double battle version of the game. Not many people play it though.

2.How many Lv x cards are allowed in a deck?

There is no limit beyond the normal "4 cards with the same name" rule.

3.Some cards feature a dark type energy symbol in the attacks, do they always mean basic energy by this, or is that special dark energy card from D/P also useable in this way?
    (like when it says, this attack does 10x damage times the number of (dark icon) attacked to the pokemon, do they only mean basic dark?)

It means either the basic or special version.

Thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    I've been looking all over the net and have come across various different answers to something I've been pondering for a while.

Can you have up to 4 of each Burmy (Burmy Grass, Burmy Sand and Burmy Trash) or does each one count towards your 4 a deck limit? I thought it would be like Unown, but there's a few varying differences.

Each form of Wormadam evolves from a specific form Burmy, but Mothim evolves from any of them.

Wormadam Trash Cloak in its attack text, states that Iron Tackle also does damage to 'Wormadam Trash Cloak' suggesting that the Trash Cloak even though it's in small text is actually part of its name.
    Yes, you can have 4 of each. And incase you were wondering, you can also have 4 of each Shellos, Gastradon and the Deoxys from LA.
    なにがでるかな!?

can i put cards from diamond and pearl and older cards like from EX Hidden Legends in one deck?
    .\Pokemon SoulSilver/.
    current SS team:

.\Pokemon White/.
    Current White team: cant be bothered to find sprites lol.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/6fmgja.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ChimFang View Post
    can i put cards from diamond and pearl and older cards like from EX Hidden Legends in one deck?
    You could, but you couldn't play with them in a tournament.

The current sets legal for play in Pokemon OP are,
    -Diamond and Pearl
    -Diamond and Pearl Mysterious Treasures
    -Diamond and Pearl Great Encounters
    -Diamond and Pearl Majestic Dawn
    -Diamond and Pearl Legends Awakened
    -Dragon Frontiers
    -Holon Phantoms
    -Crystal Guardians

But in a couple of weeks only the Diamond and Pearl sets any any new ones will be legal as they rotate cards out each september.
    Brado.

Quote Originally Posted by ChimFang View Post
    You could, but you couldn't play with them in a tournament.

The current sets legal for play in Pokemon OP are,
    -Diamond and Pearl
    -Diamond and Pearl Mysterious Treasures
    -Diamond and Pearl Great Encounters
    -Diamond and Pearl Majestic Dawn
    -Diamond and Pearl Legends Awakened
    -Dragon Frontiers
    -Holon Phantoms
    -Crystal Guardians

But in a couple of weeks only the Diamond and Pearl sets any any new ones will be legal as they rotate cards out each september.
    Brado.

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    *Answers in bold*

Yes, you can have 4 of each. And incase you were wondering, you can also have 4 of each Shellos, Gastradon and the Deoxys from LA.

Thank you very much for all of the answers.
    I have one new question though.

1.If a card says (bebes search) that you can search for a Pokémon, does this include Lvl x?

Thank you very much for all of the answers.
    I have one new question though.

1.If a card says (bebes search) that you can search for a Pokémon, does this include Lvl x?
    Yes you can, that's why no cards since Ex: Power Keepers say "Basic Pokemon or Evolution card", since Lv.X's are neither.

since now there are no ex's all thsoe sets are now banned so its now diamond and pearl and up
    Team Boukenger ready to rescue others.Let's Go

Owner of 31 legit uncloned NWS manaphys

I have a question regarding Technical Machines.
    When exactly do you discard them? once youve used them, or after the turn you played them, or do they stay in play until the Pokémon its attached to is knocked out.

And I also have a question about the Jirachi from Legends Awakened, when Jirachi uses Doom desire, and you switch your Pokémon for a Pokémon on your bench, is that Pokémon knocked out, or does the effect fade away because you switched?

I have a question regarding Technical Machines.
    When exactly do you discard them? once youve used them, or after the turn you played them, or do they stay in play until the Pokémon its attached to is knocked out.

And I also have a question about the Jirachi from Legends Awakened, when Jirachi uses Doom desire, and you switch your Pokémon for a Pokémon on your bench, is that Pokémon knocked out, or does the effect fade away because you switched?
    1st question: There is a bit of contravercy about that at the moment. There is no definate answer yet.

2nd question: It will only KO a Pokemon if it stays the active Pokemon intill the end of the opponents next turn. So if they retreat or get there active Pokemon to the bench then the attack will have no effect. It doesn't matter if Jirachi goes to the bench or not though.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 28th August 2008 at 9:12 AM.
    なにがでるかな!?

Okay, thank you again for the answers.

I have a new question again though, Can you put a Lv.X card on a Pokémon that has just been benched?

Okay, thank you again for the answers.

I have a new question again though, Can you put a Lv.X card on a Pokémon that has just been benched?
    Nope because it counts as evolving, and you cannot evolve a pokemon on the turn it was played.
    Brado.

Can u use a rare candy to evolve a basic pokemon in to a 2 stage pokemon.

XClaimsX

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman EXE View Post
    Can u use a rare candy to evolve a basic pokemon in to a 2 stage pokemon.
    Yes you can.
    なにがでるかな!?

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast