Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Spük View Post
    In casual gameplay, can I use a Pokémon that don't evolve from the final stage? For example, I have a Whimsicott, but I don't have any Cottonee. Since I don't want to hunt for it, can I use another basic Grass Pokémon with similar attacks, resistances and weakness?

Remember that my case refer to CASUAL gameplay, not competitive gameplay.
    Well that depends on what you mean by casual and where/who you're playing. If you're just playing with friends or whatever then you can use whatever rules you all agree on. But if you're playing in anything like a league then you have to follow the game's rules.
    It's just like playing Chess. You can play by the normal rules or make up your own if you're with someone that doesn't mind.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Well that depends on what you mean by casual and where/who you're playing. If you're just playing with friends or whatever then you can use whatever rules you all agree on. But if you're playing in anything like a league then you have to follow the game's rules.
    It's just like playing Chess. You can play by the normal rules or make up your own if you're with someone that doesn't mind.
    Thanks for the answer. I don't know places near me that make Tournaments, so I only play with my friends. I'll see if I can get this rule active.

Cool how doese Reuniclus's Damage Swap work?

For reuniclus , the text of Damage Swap says "as often as you like, you may move 1 damage counter from one of your pokemon to another."

Doese this mean if a pokemon has 8 damage counters, can I use Damage Swap
    to move 8 counters to another pokemon, or just one of those counters to one pokemon?
    i brought Ross's 2011 championship deck which has Reuniclus in it and the deck seems unbeatable. I battled with it againt David Cohen's Magizone deck and the magizone deck lost. Even though David Cohen was the 1st place champion.

Quote Originally Posted by hellfighter View Post
    For reuniclus , the text of Damage Swap says "as often as you like, you may move 1 damage counter from one of your pokemon to another."

Doese this mean if a pokemon has 8 damage counters, can I use Damage Swap
    to move 8 counters to another pokemon, or just one of those counters to one pokemon?
    i brought Ross's 2011 championship deck which has Reuniclus in it and the deck seems unbeatable. I battled with it againt David Cohen's Magizone deck and the magizone deck lost. Even though David Cohen was the 1st place champion.
    In that example, you can move 8 damage counters to any pokemon you choose, 1 counter at a time during the turn however.

can i use it to move 4 counters to one pokemon, then 4 counters to another? or do they have to be the same pokemon?

can i use it to move 4 counters to one pokemon, then 4 counters to another? or do they have to be the same pokemon?
    they can be different Pokemon, but it will be 1 counter at a time instead of 4 at once.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    they can be different Pokemon, but it will be 1 counter at a time instead of 4 at once.
    so move one counter a turn? or move one counter than another than another a turn?

so move one counter a turn? or move one counter than another than another a turn?
    In the same turn you can move 1 counter at a time to any Pokemon you choose.

It makes the Ross Deck seem invincible due to Runicoulus's poke-power. I'm thinking that cards that attack the bench would work againts the deck.

Okay, I got a question. It's about the Charizard card (Arceus series).
    It said that Charizard gets a fire boost for each fire Pokemon on the bench to my opponent's active Pokemon. I'm making a fanfic of a double battle, and wanted to know does Charizard get a boost from the user's partner's bench too or does it have to be the user's bench to opponent's active Pokemon?
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    Okay, I got a question. It's about the Charizard card (Arceus series).
    It said that Charizard gets a fire boost for each fire Pokemon on the bench to my opponent's active Pokemon. I'm making a fanfic of a double battle, and wanted to know does Charizard get a boost from the user's partner's bench too or does it have to be the user's bench to opponent's active Pokemon?
    For example - For his Burning Tail attack, let's say you have 5 fire Pokemon on your bench. That attack will do 10 more damage per each fire Pokemon on that bench. 5 Pokemon x 10 = 50 Damage + 80 for the attack itself = 130 damage counters in one attack on the opponent's active Pokemon.
    Last edited by G50; 17th March 2012 at 1:42 AM. Reason: Typo'd opponent instead of user's bench.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Originally posted by G50
    For example - For his Burning Tail attack, let's say your opponent has 5 fire Pokemon on their bench. That attack will do 10 more damage per each fire Pokemon on that bench. 5 Pokemon x 10 = 50 Damage + 80 for the attack itself = 130 damage counters in one attack on the opponent's active Pokemon.
    Oh, I see. So it works only from my opponent's bench side, not the user's bench. I guess in a double battle, it only works on who Charizard is after. Thanks.

No wait, I got that back words. So it's really the user's bench Pokemon that gives the user's Charizard 10 more points by fire. And what about a double battle? Bonus from a partner too or not.
    Last edited by Red_the_knight; 17th March 2012 at 1:24 AM. Reason: Whoops.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    Oh, I see. So it works only from my opponent's bench side, not the user's bench. I guess in a double battle, it only works on who Charizard is after. Thanks.
    No wait, I got that back words. So it's really the user's bench Pokemon that gives the user's Charizard 10 more points by fire. And what about a double battle? Bonus from a partner too or not.
    Yes, it is only the user's bench.

For a double battle, it's only your own bench that is calculated.

Originally posted by G50
    Yes, it is only the user's bench.

For a double battle, it's only your own bench that is calculated.
    Okay, now I see how it works. Thanks.

If a Pokemon is getting an attack boost and it uses a multiplying attack, will the boost apply before or after the multiplication?

Example:
    Zweilous has a special darkness energy attached and uses the attack Double Hit. (Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads)
    If I get two heads, which is correct?
    (20x2)+10=50 damage
    or
    (20+10)x2=60 damage

Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre Master View Post
    If a Pokemon is getting an attack boost and it uses a multiplying attack, will the boost apply before or after the multiplication?
    Example:
    Zweilous has a special darkness energy attached and uses the attack Double Hit. (Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads)
    If I get two heads, which is correct?
    (20x2)+10=50 damage
    or
    (20+10)x2=60 damage
    (20x2) + 10 = 50

It is applied after the initial attack calculation

Ok, cool. I have some follow up questions now:

1) What if said attack got no heads, would it still do 10 damage because of the Darkness nergy?
    2) Say I have a Pokemon use an attack that has no base damage, and it has Plus Power/Darkness Energy/etc. attached. Would the attack deal damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre Master View Post
    Ok, cool. I have some follow up questions now:

1) What if said attack got no heads, would it still do 10 damage because of the Darkness nergy?
    2) Say I have a Pokemon use an attack that has no base damage, and it has Plus Power/Darkness Energy/etc. attached. Would the attack deal damage?
    ===================

1) it would not do any damage
    2) it would also not do any damage

You can't do this deck because you have more than 3 types of pokemon (you have electric, fire, water and metal pokemon types).
    ABSOLUTLY ABSOL

Quote Originally Posted by brunodefilippo View Post
    You can't do this deck because you have more than 3 types of pokemon (you have electric, fire, water and metal pokemon types).
    And what's wrong with that? You can have a deck with all 9 types in it if you want. Though it's not always a good idea, there's nothing in the rules that says you can't do it.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

It doesn't make it illegal to do it plus the fire electric and water all have colorless attacks

there's nothing in the rules that says you can't do it.
    What????? try to do that deck on the TCG online and you'll see that it is illegal: a deck can't have more than 3 types as the instruction book says
    ABSOLUTLY ABSOL

People do it constantly. The tcgo needs to gtfo.
    I see this deck doing pretty well. Maybe not nats, but most likely regionals

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by brunodefilippo View Post
    What????? try to do that deck on the TCG online and you'll see that it is illegal: a deck can't have more than 3 types as the instruction book says
    And that's one reason why the TCG Online is regarder as being pretty bad. That and it's technically still a beta. And if you couldn't use that many types then please explain how the person that got second at Worlds last year had 6 types in his deck? And the instruction book does not say anything like that. Please don't post false information as fact on here.
    This is the Rate my Deck section, it's not for discussing rulings. Those kind of questions should go in the Pokemon TCG Help Thread. So please post them there if you have any more questions about this.
    なにがでるかな!?

This is the Rate my Deck section, it's not for discussing rulings. Those kind of questions should go in the Pokemon TCG Help Thread. So please post them there if you have any more questions about this.
    ok, I'll write in that part of the forum XD
    ABSOLUTLY ABSOL

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast