Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Hybrid View

Default Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Ask any questions you have about the Pokemon Trading Card Game here. If you are wondering what you get in a pack or deck, or perhaps what comes in a set, or which to buy, ask here. Also, if you have a question about something you've gotten from a pack or friend, ask here. If you have a question about any gameplay issues, please click here and you will be taken to the gameplay thread.

Do not expect an immediate response, since this is a forum afterall, but within 24 hours, a reply should be made answering your question.

Do not post saying "Yes, what ______ said was correct." without adding on or explaining a bit more of what the person said.

Do not post saying "______ is wrong." without saying what was wrong about what they said.

Do not ask for Deck Help or suggestions, since there is a Rate My Deck sub-forum.
    Pokémon Tournament & League Organizer in Hawaii

What are Anti-Poke Body cards? Can anybody list them?
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

bass_forte Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu
    What are Anti-Poke Body cards? Can anybody list them?
    Battle Frontier, Mt Moon, Space Station, Feraligatr ex - all I can name off the top of my head. Check Pokébeach for scans and effects.

~╬Töpĺz Rîzĺrdon╬~ Guest

Well, I got an original pack the other day, and I got a holo Hitmonchan. I just wanted to know if that's rare or anything.

Thanks for helping out!

GDW Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Topaz Charizard*~
    Well, I got an original pack the other day, and I got a holo Hitmonchan. I just wanted to know if that's rare or anything.

Thanks for helping out!
    I take it your talking about base hitmonchan.

Anyways, it's not really rare. Since the old days the value and rarity of it sky dived to almost nothing really.

Though, if your talking about the fact that it's a holofoil, then yes, it's a bit rare considering it's harder to get foils than regular rare's.

salamence373 Guest

most of my holos are coming off like stickers, but they are normal and are from a TCG card pack. why is it doing that?

GDW Guest

Quote Originally Posted by salamence373
    most of my holos are coming off like stickers, but they are normal and are from a TCG card pack. why is it doing that?
    There have been sets where people have complained about this sorta thing.

It's just a very horrible printing job for the most part.

I dont know if this belongs here but what the heck. Where can I find out where tournaments would be hosted, I would love to battle again

GDW Guest

Quote Originally Posted by XSilverStarboyX
    I dont know if this belongs here but what the heck. Where can I find out where tournaments would be hosted, I would love to battle again
    Use this site here: Pokemon-tcg.com

It's the official site for pokemon. They have a tournament finder that you can use, though they only find tournies that are reported in.

Quote Originally Posted by GDW View Post
    There have been sets where people have complained about this sorta thing.

It's just a very horrible printing job for the most part.
    They've been exposed to too much solar radiation!
    What do these pokemon have in common? Put it in your own siggy if you know. Created by Power464646.

I claim Balla da li n00bs!
    I claim Kabutops!

Is there a list of all the card sets that have come out so I know whos in what series.

Like the new series with the EX whos in them?
    Credit to AerialAce for the Awesome Userbar! Credit to Skiyomi for the Amazing Banner! ^_^

I have a couple of questions so sorry if I sound stupid.
    1) I got a promo Ludicolo in this thing at walmart and I was wondering if it is tournament legal?
    2) The regular Ditto in Delta Species Energy Link attack can it get special energy cards or just regular energy cards?
    3) Haunter from FireRed/LeafGreen it says you may confuse one of your active pokemon is that so you can give pokemon with attacks that have bonuses from special conditions?

1. Right now, all new black star promos numbered 027 and up are allowed. Can't remember off the top of my head what number Ludicolo was.

2. It says an "Energy card," so yes, special energies count.

3. That's one thing you can do with it. Also, when you're Confused you can retreat normally, so it's useful if you have a Pokemon that's Paralyzed/Asleep.

Ho-oh Master, the 'Beach has card lists for all the Modified sets, and the main Serebii site should have them for all other ones:

http://pokebeach.com/
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

thanks TRJessie579,I'm looking into it now.
    Credit to AerialAce for the Awesome Userbar! Credit to Skiyomi for the Amazing Banner! ^_^

I saw this EX Collector's Window Tin Pokemon TCG and tried a web search to buy it but they only ship it in uk. Does anyone know a online shop other than ebay that sells the EX Collector's Window Tin Pokemon TCG that also sells all 3 tins in US? Each tin has one of the legendary birds, Articuno ex, Zapdos ex or Moltres ex. And the birds are different from the ex firered/leafgreen series' birds.
    Last edited by Mewbiraxys; 15th December 2005 at 4:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewbiraxys
    I saw this EX Collector's Window Tin Pokemon TCG and tried a web search to buy it but they only ship it in uk. Does anyone know a online shop other than ebay that sells the EX Collector's Window Tin Pokemon TCG that also sells all 3 tins? Each tin has one of the legendary birds, Articuno ex, Zapdos ex or Moltres ex. And the birds are different from the ex firered/leafgreen series' birds.
    it's not UK exclusive. i got one here in the land of plenty.(australia)
    RULE #35

If it exists, there is a Copy Ability of it.

I'm back, unfortunately.

It's a UK-exclusive product, so ebay is probably your best bet. I haven't heard of a US store selling them.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

http://www.ideal808.com/product.asp?...D=268&ID=14743
    http://www.ideal808.com/product.asp?...D=112&ID=14744

I take it neither of those is what you're looking for? If any Pokemon products come state-side, I highly suggest Ideal Collectables. They aren't the best when it comes to Pokemon Singles, however, their boxes and stuff go for a pretty good price. I've been to their location, as its based in Hawaii lol.
    Pokémon Tournament & League Organizer in Hawaii

I've got a question.
    I'm what you call coming out of retirement (haven't bought a pack in almost 1 1/2 years!). What is the best pack to buy?
    http://z9.invisionfree.com/Omegatrix_Project
    It is the Omegatrix Project! Please help me out and join!

Go PhiladelphiaEagles!

Can't kick da habit
    I got to have it
    I'm what dey call a Luv Addict!

Family Force 5: Luv Addict

Quote Originally Posted by cameronius
    I've got a question.
    I'm what you call coming out of retirement (haven't bought a pack in almost 1 1/2 years!). What is the best pack to buy?
    Depends on what deck you will build. I myself would say EX: Fire Red & Leaf Green as it has Pidgeot, but it depends on your deck.

XD:KIRLIA Guest

Ok for 2006 in ohio where are the city tournaments located at?can someone plz give me a link?

Quote Originally Posted by XD:KIRLIA
    Ok for 2006 in ohio where are the city tournaments located at?can someone plz give me a link?
    I suppose you can read. This link shows all of the CCs, some of which have already happened if they haven't changed that.

Okay, I am starting to play again, and I am curious, after they changed the cards (started with Ruby/Sapphire Decks, and a bit before that, like with Pokemon 4-ever, ect. Most have an E in the lower left corner, but has recently been romoved), are the older cards still allowd?

Leviathan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zora
    Okay, I am starting to play again, and I am curious, after they changed the cards (started with Ruby/Sapphire Decks, and a bit before that, like with Pokemon 4-ever, ect. Most have an E in the lower left corner, but has recently been romoved), are the older cards still allowd?
    Theres two different formats of how to play pokemon, Unlimited, or Modified. Unlimited is as it sounds, you can play using any of the sets. Modified is what Pokemon Leagues play now though. Which consists of EX Ruby, EX Sandstorm, to Holon Phantoms. I have heard though, that some sets will be taken out again such as EX Ruby to make play more enjoyable or something. But that won't take place till Fall, from what I've heard.

Thanks. My second question, now that I read that, how do you know what pack or deck that Pokemon is from?

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast