Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

That's a shame. If the sets carry twice as many versions of EX cards but still distribute them at the same rate, it's as if each individual EX card is twice as rare. >_<

Anyway, what are the differences between HS-on and BLW-on start-of-game rules? I'm still unsure of things like drawing a card on your first turn and playing Item/Supporter/Stadium cards on your first turn.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    That's a shame. If the sets carry twice as many versions of EX cards but still distribute them at the same rate, it's as if each individual EX card is twice as rare. >_<
    Well it seemes the boxes in this set are even worse than that. They're completely random. I've seen boxes with only 1 EX and 1 shiny and I've seen boxes with 5 EXs and 1 shiny, and everything inbetween.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Well it seemes the boxes in this set are even worse than that. They're completely random. I've seen boxes with only 1 EX and 1 shiny and I've seen boxes with 5 EXs and 1 shiny, and everything inbetween.
    Ive actually opend a box with a couple of friends where 10 packs had no Rares, we eneded up with 1 FA and 1 Ex as well.

Anyway, Questions;

Darmanatan (Next destinies) Does a Double Colorless Energy give me two Coin flips or one for his DarMAXitan Move? Also, does Gardiviour's 'Psychic mirage' ability make each psychic energy worth 2 flips?

-Flip a coin for each Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads.

Credit to 'Flame of Madness'

Quote Originally Posted by Tazarkul View Post
    Ive actually opend a box with a couple of friends where 10 packs had no Rares, we eneded up with 1 FA and 1 Ex as well.

Anyway, Questions;

Darmanatan (Next destinies) Does a Double Colorless Energy give me two Coin flips or one for his DarMAXitan Move? Also, does Gardiviour's 'Psychic mirage' ability make each psychic energy worth 2 flips?

-Flip a coin for each Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads.
    Really? Then I guess I'm just lucky on pulls qwaa. Yes, its two coin flips PER energy. So the minimum flips you can do while using the attack is 2. Darmanitan is also psychic so yes this is true Qwaa

Yrly, luckily for me, out of my 12, only 1 didnt have a rare it was the others that got done over >.< (I got a FA Registeel to )

To be fair, Darmanitan wouldn't need to be psychic, Gardivour's Ability only applies to the energy card, not the pokemon, even if he was dark, any psychics attached to him would still be worth 2 energy.

Credit to 'Flame of Madness'

Angry No Generation III Dark Pokémon Cards Made for Team Rocket Returns?!

Why aren't there any Generation III Dark Pokémon Cards made for the Pokémon TCG set titled as "EX: Team Rocket Returns"? And should the Japanese makers of Pokémon Cards have done so?

I think it was because the EX: Team Rocket Returns set was supposed to reflect Firered and Leafgreen, in which i don't think there are any Gen III pokes (don't know, haven't played either)
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazarkul View Post
    Yrly, luckily for me, out of my 12, only 1 didnt have a rare it was the others that got done over >.< (I got a FA Registeel to )

To be fair, Darmanitan wouldn't need to be psychic, Gardivour's Ability only applies to the energy card, not the pokemon, even if he was dark, any psychics attached to him would still be worth 2 energy.
    Yeah, thats true. I was reading too heavily Qwaa

@the ash man83: there already is a set called fire red and leaf green which came out the set before the team rocket returns, both set's not just the one.

@MiloticTwins: They do it for both the videogame and the tcg to help bolster sale's for both.

@Tazarkul: only to psychic, (I quote) Each basic psychic energy attached to your psychic pokemon provides 2 psychic energy. So no it only apply's to psychic pokemon. As for you're original post, yes DCE is two flip's and yes gardivoir's ability does help out darMAXitian.

@Profesco: This is not yugioh, we don't have inner jousting problem's (lol), the structure of the game will always be the same but slight, ever so slight rule changes will happen, by the by itčs you're turn and you have to draw 7 cards and 6 prizes if you don't draw the prizes I win.
    Last edited by ven?; 6th September 2012 at 2:53 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

@ven?: I never said it was the only set to reflect FR/LG, I just said that that particular set did.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

I've got several questions about TCG Online codes. I know there have been a few threads about TCG Online codes, so I hope this goes here.

(1) I know that the codes that come with decks say they give you access to that deck online. This might seem obvious, but does that mean it gives you access to every individual card in that deck? for example, if I got two deck codes, would I be able to make a new deck with some cards from each? The way it is worded, I wanted to be sure that it didn't mean, "You get access to a deck you can't customize."

(2) If I get codes from boosters, will they be much good if I don't have any deck codes? Or is there some other way to get Energy cards in the TCG Online?

(3) Does a code card come in every (BW or later) booster?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    I've got several questions about TCG Online codes. I know there have been a few threads about TCG Online codes, so I hope this goes here.

(1) I know that the codes that come with decks say they give you access to that deck online. This might seem obvious, but does that mean it gives you access to every individual card in that deck? for example, if I got two deck codes, would I be able to make a new deck with some cards from each? The way it is worded, I wanted to be sure that it didn't mean, "You get access to a deck you can't customize."

(2) If I get codes from boosters, will they be much good if I don't have any deck codes? Or is there some other way to get Energy cards in the TCG Online?

(3) Does a code card come in every (BW or later) booster?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide!
    1: You get each individual card and they aren't locked to that specific deck. You can cusomize them and add them to any online deck you make.

2: I can't remember. Sorry.

3: Some printings of the first BW set didn't come with code cards. But they're easy to spot because they don't have the "Includes 1 code card" text on the back of the pack wrapper.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

i got a question.
    in the tournaments are we requred to use the newer cards?
    cuz my deck is completely fixed around the base set Mr. Mime.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i got a question.
    in the tournaments are we requred to use the newer cards?
    cuz my deck is completely fixed around the base set Mr. Mime.
    Nearly all sanctioned tournaments use the modified format (only the newer sets). There are a few sanctioned (I think?) unlimited (all cards allowed) tournaments at big conventions like Comic Con or Anime Expo. And obviously local unsanctioned tournaments can use whichever format they want.
    But in general, you can only use cards from the newer sets.
    なにがでるかな!?

Being a sorta out-of-the-loop sort of TCG player, I'd like to know, is there some resource (preferably online) where I can find out the full deck details of every year's champions? Because that would be awesome!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

uh...*sigh...face palm*

@cameronius: I'd say start with the newer packs like dragons exalted and boundarys crossed, also check out the rayquaza, mewtwo and darkrai EX tins, they go a long way in this format weather or not you want to pick up the game again or want to play tournament or competitive.

@XD:KIRLIA: How do I say this nicely, with much diligence online you might find info like that on worlds at best, most stuff like that gets cleaned out a few months after it's posted to a year or 2 tops. But this is the best archive I know of for this kind of stuff

Question An ignorant looking for informations about particular cards :)

Hello, it seems that you are people who knows a lot about Pokemon TCG, I played this game only until 9 years old and now I'm 18, so I can't remember a lot about it... I just want to ask you a question...

While looking around in my house I found these cards in a drawer, and I can't understand from which expansion they're from, or if they're promos, etc...

In this image you can see that they're a lot bigger than a normal card (i used a Grimer to compare them), and both Suicune and Alakazam are "foil" meanwhile Charizard's background is transparent.

Alakazam and Grimer's text is in Italian because it's my native language

Can you help me?

EDIT: I uploaded the image on *******, hoping it works...

Spoiler:- The image is big, so i'll put into spoiler tags :):
    Last edited by Magnaos; 19th December 2012 at 4:57 PM.

To me they look like fakes, the simple fact of alakazam not having the e reader symbol in the bottom corner, but it could be from either the jamboree set or the Unnamed Wizards Set, but due to size and slight inconsistencys I dunno, I never got a card from either of the sets, neither have I seen the Unnamed Wizards Set cards because they are an urban legend, but the set symbol seem's like it's from a fake or the jamboree set, I dunno, if not then it would make sense that they are fakes.
    Last edited by ven?; 19th December 2012 at 6:55 PM.

Default Super Luck and Also a Question to Those of you who Could Answer it

Hi guys!
    I was wondering if any of you guys know what the chances are of pulling an ex nowadays. I have just started playing Pokemon card game and on my first Boundaries Crossed booster pack ( I only bought one), I got a Cresselia EX full art.... My friend told me that I pulled out a really rare card but I'm not really sure cause another one of my friends pulled out a HoOh EX on his second (I believe...) pack. So I'm asking those of you who play the card game. What are the chances?

There are a total of 4 EXs in each booster box so you came out pretty lucky.

Pokemon Black 2
    Team:
        Spoiler:- Legendaries, Events & Shinies:

Pokemon Super Rumble
    Befriended: 126
    Seen: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Magnaos View Post
    Hello, it seems that you are people who knows a lot about Pokemon TCG, I played this game only until 9 years old and now I'm 18, so I can't remember a lot about it... I just want to ask you a question...

While looking around in my house I found these cards in a drawer, and I can't understand from which expansion they're from, or if they're promos, etc...

In this image you can see that they're a lot bigger than a normal card (i used a Grimer to compare them), and both Suicune and Alakazam are "foil" meanwhile Charizard's background is transparent.

Can you help me?

They're box toppers. There were a few sets at that time where you got one of those inside each booster box above the packs. There were 4 per set and the sets they came from were Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge and Legendary Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by jerbuta View Post
    There are a total of 4 EXs in each booster box so you came out pretty lucky.
    Actually it varies alot more than that. I've seen boxes of Boundries Crossed oppened with as much as 6 EXs and as little as 1 EX.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 20th December 2012 at 12:33 PM.
    なにがでるかな!?

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyonWailord
    They're box toppers. There were a few sets at that time where you got one of those inside each booster box above the packs. There were 4 per set and the sets they came from were Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge and Legendary Collection.
    Oh thats why, I never buyed boxes for those set's nor cared to take notice, but I have seen that symbol before so it was bugging me, ty skitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnaos View Post

Can you help me?

Very nice box toppers!! I have never seen one in Italian... Didn't even know they made them in foreign languages.
    ~~ Thank you epicjirachifan! ~~

So, this might be a stupid question, and I might just be a bit confused on the rulings, but I've been confused by the Cobalion from Noble Victories.

Iron Breaker prevents the defending pokemon from attacking during the opponent's next turn. Does that still apply if the defending pokemon that was hit by Iron Breaker faints or retreats, and a new defending pokemon takes it place?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Turtle View Post
    So, this might be a stupid question, and I might just be a bit confused on the rulings, but I've been confused by the Cobalion from Noble Victories.

Iron Breaker prevents the defending pokemon from attacking during the opponent's next turn. Does that still apply if the defending pokemon that was hit by Iron Breaker faints or retreats, and a new defending pokemon takes it place?
    Attack effects like Iron Breaker's only last as long as the Pokemon that was attacked stays the active Pokemon. If the Pokemon that was attacked goes to the bench (and even it it becomes active again with something like Switch) then it'll be able to attack again. And it won't have any effect on a Pokemon that's KO'd by the attack since it's not the active Pokemon any more and is in the discard pile.
    なにがでるかな!?

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast