Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Alright, I figured as much. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anybody know why porygon cards are so horrible? Normal porygon is a decent pokemon, but the cards are some of the worst I've seen.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My drilbur in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Anybody know why porygon cards are so horrible? Normal porygon is a decent pokemon, but the cards are some of the worst I've seen.
    I guess it's all based on personal opinion then? The Porygon line is using in more than 50% of all competitive unlimited decks.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I agree, proygon is a great line in unlimited. Proygon 2 allows the use of an extra supporter, lv.x and Z have great ability's.

Odd question, what would be better spread with a power lock on you're defending only if I could use 1 N or pont with 2 porygon 2 then it would allow me to use 2 seeker, 4 poke turn with crobat G and then play vileplume couldn't I just use kyogre EX the same turn or use kyurem glaciate, regardless of what kind of deck you're against, what would you think is better?
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quick question, are there any banned cards at all for tournaments, but is it open play with only a four of the same card limit. And can one pokemon but from different releases be counted as different cards, or is it four throughout?
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Quick question, are there any banned cards at all for tournaments
    There are technically no banned cards. You just can't play cards that are not present or reprinted in the current modified-legal format.

but is it open play with only a four of the same card limit. And can one pokemon but from different releases be counted as different cards, or is it four throughout?
    General rule about the four-card limit is that if it has the same name with the same spelling, then it counts toward the limit. There are very few exceptions. Back when we had Lv. X cards, those cards and the Pokemon from which they leveled up were counted as the same Pokemon. However, with the current EX cards, they are counted as different. So you can have four Terrakion and four Terrakion EX in a deck. And even if a particular Pokemon appears in several different sets, you can only have up to four of that Pokemon. You can use four different Darumaka, but you can't use any more than that.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    There are technically no banned cards. You just can't play cards that are not present or reprinted in the current modified-legal format.

General rule about the four-card limit is that if it has the same name with the same spelling, then it counts toward the limit. There are very few exceptions. Back when we had Lv. X cards, those cards and the Pokemon from which they leveled up were counted as the same Pokemon. However, with the current EX cards, they are counted as different. So you can have four Terrakion and four Terrakion EX in a deck. And even if a particular Pokemon appears in several different sets, you can only have up to four of that Pokemon. You can use four different Darumaka, but you can't use any more than that.
    Okay thanks, and what does it mean about whether the card is present in the current modified-legal format? Meaning that the same pokemon is in it, or that that specific card is in it? For example, would I be able to use something like an old Holon's Magnemite or Team Magma cards in the current legal format? Or would they be considered uneligible to be played? It's been a while since I last updated my Pokemon cards, with a large amount being from the 2000-2008 era.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Okay thanks, and what does it mean about whether the card is present in the current modified-legal format? Meaning that the same pokemon is in it, or that that specific card is in it? For example, would I be able to use something like an old Holon's Magnemite or Team Magma cards in the current legal format? Or would they be considered uneligible to be played? It's been a while since I last updated my Pokemon cards, with a large amount being from the 2000-2008 era.
    Those cards are not allowed in the current modified-legal format. Below is the list of sets currently allowed in the modified format. Some cards from these sets, like PlusPower and Potion are reprints of old cards. Old cards that share the same name and similar effect can be used, but you [B]must/B] use the most recent wording. It's easier to just use the latest release of reprinted cards. And just so you know, the old Computer Search cannot be used in place of the new Computer Search, as the old one is not an "Ace Spec" card.

Black & White
    Black & White - Emerging Powers
    Black & White - Noble Victories
    Black & White - Next Destinies
    Black & White - Dark Explorers
    Black & White - Dragons Exalted
    Black & White - Boundaries Crossed
    Dragon Vault
    Black & White Trainer Kit
    Promos BW01+
    Black & White McDonald's Collection

Black & White: Plasma Storm will be joining this list on February 6th.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Those cards are not allowed in the current modified-legal format. Below is the list of sets currently allowed in the modified format. Some cards from these sets, like PlusPower and Potion are reprints of old cards. Old cards that share the same name and similar effect can be used, but you [B]must/B] use the most recent wording. It's easier to just use the latest release of reprinted cards. And just so you know, the old Computer Search cannot be used in place of the new Computer Search, as the old one is not an "Ace Spec" card.

Black & White
    Black & White - Emerging Powers
    Black & White - Noble Victories
    Black & White - Next Destinies
    Black & White - Dark Explorers
    Black & White - Dragons Exalted
    Black & White - Boundaries Crossed
    Dragon Vault
    Black & White Trainer Kit
    Promos BW01+
    Black & White McDonald's Collection

Black & White: Plasma Storm will be joining this list on February 6th.
    Ah okay, thanks. Meaning I have to start most of everything anew probably.

Does anyone know why there have't been any Kadabra cards since Nintendo replaced WotC?
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    Does anyone know why there have't been any Kadabra cards since Nintendo replaced WotC?
    This guy...

Are theme decks the only way to buy energy cards? (excluding on the internet)

Why was Dragons Exalted so infamous?

What is a very famous expansion?
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    Are theme decks the only way to buy energy cards? (excluding on the internet)
    Pretty much. The base Black and White set has Common basic Energy cards in booster packs, but they're not in every one. If you know any other players, see if they have any to spare. There are also Trainer Kits, which are two half-decks. Then there's something new called Plasma Storm: Elite Trainer Box that comes 40 (presumably basic) Energy cards, along with other nifty items. Supposed to be released in February.

Why was Dragons Exalted so infamous?
    Introduced Dragon Pokemon, but no new Energy types? I don't know.

Pretty much. The base Black and White set has Common basic Energy cards in booster packs, but they're not in every one. If you know any other players, see if they have any to spare. There are also Trainer Kits, which are two half-decks. Then there's something new called Plasma Storm: Elite Trainer Box that comes 40 (presumably basic) Energy cards, along with other nifty items. Supposed to be released in February.

Introduced Dragon Pokemon, but no new Energy types? I don't know.

Thanks, i'll keep my out for that elite trainer box
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

I think it was because the Japanese name is Similar to Uri Geller who is a spoon-bender and he thought it was offensive and started a lawsuit.
    Not 100% on the story but it involved him,Kadabra and a lawsuit

This guy...
    I think it was because the Japanese name is Similar to Uri Geller who is a spoon-bender and he thought it was offensive and started a lawsuit.
    Not 100% on the story but it involved him,Kadabra and a lawsuit
    He had mentioned that the spoon bending technique being his headline act and the star on kadabra's head was a rip off of him other then just the katakana of his name (which in all fairness japanese diction is much much smaller then English, so using words more then once for different things in one paragraph or more of the japanese language is extremely common). But regardless of Uri's retardation we still have kadabra in the video games, and lets say (role reversal) if I was in his shoes, I would be very happy to think that a multi billion dollar company would have a character based on me in some way (ego).

What packs come in the Keldeo tin?
    In need of shiny and ;501; PM if you have one for trade. I have some good offers.

Hey guys this isn't a question but I wanted to alert Pokémon tcg collectors in the UK that GAME.uk is selling tins for FU@*(I*! Ł5 each! I'm not sure if that's in all the stores but they are online!

Quote Originally Posted by SkylanderSchool View Post
    What packs come in the Keldeo tin?
    Pretty sure its 1 plasma storm, 1 boundaries crossed, and 2 dragons exalted.
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

OldMan jenkins@ Um I can tell that you didn't look up the value of certain cards like Erikas Victreebel and the Southern Islands Collection cards, you could ask for 20$ for those 8 cards.

SkylanderSchool@ All packs are generally randomized in a tin, but you always get 2 packs from the 2 current sets.

So my wife got me this world championship 2013 deck and i was wondering can you use some of the cards in this deck in other decks?

So my wife got me this world championship 2013 deck and i was wondering can you use some of the cards in this deck in other decks?
    Yes, but you cannot use world championship cards for tournament play such as battle roads, cities, provs/states, nationals, regionals and worlds as they are not considered actual cards.

Have another question. I want to start playing in tournaments soon but i am not understanding the some of the modified info. Like its says black star promo 1-53 not legal. Does that mean my mewtwo ex from the 2012 tins isnt playable?

If you want to attend a tournament for battle roads, cities, etc, you should check this out . This is an application poke gym made to be format updated when it comes to modified decklists to make things easier at finding out what you can use and making a decklist for tournaments much faster then writing it down.

Which TCG sets have Reverse Holos? I know the WotC sets didn't, but I can't remember if all of the Nintendo sets do.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast