Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1120

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83
    Default Which TCG sets have Reverse Holos? I know the WotC sets didn't, but I can't remember if all of the Nintendo sets do.
    Every set has reverse holos (minus the first 5-7), e-card and neo did full backing s in holo foil, hoehn did all there Reverse holos as regular holos but with the set name in the pokemon picture, dp-hgss/some b/w just has shiny backgrounds and b/w to current have the pokemons type in the background or for T/S/S a pokeball. You only get one rerevse holo with every pack.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I don't know if this is the place to ask but....

Does anyone know a way to get metal energy? I need some more for my Steel Type Deck... or any other energy at all?
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein, OR IGN is Arkis, AS IGN is Sabiah

Quote Originally Posted by Cobali View Post

Does anyone know a way to get metal energy? I need some more for my Steel Type Deck... or any other energy at all?
    Retail packs right, and not the online TCG game? This lists which packs contain that Energy. Your best bet would likely be Black/White set as it's the most recent that contains them, then the Call of Legends and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. If you want to check for other Energy ctrl+F Energy Cards on the main Serebii page to get a list of all of them so you can search them.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    Which TCG sets have Reverse Holos? I know the WotC sets didn't, but I can't remember if all of the Nintendo sets do.
    Legendary Collection was the first set that had reverse holo cards. And it was made by Wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobali View Post

There have been a few recent starter decks that have a few in them. Those decks usually have 8-9 in them. I don't know exactly which decks have metal though since I don't buy starter decks.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Legendary Collection was the first set that had reverse holo cards. And it was made by Wizards.
    Really? How rare are they? I don't think I've seen one before.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Why do they call Reverse Holo Cards reverse?

Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    Why do they call Reverse Holo Cards reverse?
    It's just the term used to describe those cards that have the holo effect applied to everything except the main art.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

It's just the term used to describe those cards that have the holo effect applied to everything except the main art.
    What about hoenns reverse holo foils? They we're just a regular holo foil card (just like my DP which I have both in my binder, hehehe).

Reverse holos are the reverse effect of what a regular card might look like in holographic form, Hench reverse holo.
    Last edited by ven?; 9th May 2013 at 6:16 AM.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    Really? How rare are they? I don't think I've seen one before.
    Well there was one in each pack of Legendary Collection so they aren't too hard to find. Though obviously some are worth more than others for various reasons.
    I don't think there are any scans of them on here but there are some on this site.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=109
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Hi, i just started playing the tcg. But i wanted to ask, can you mix odd cards and new cards together? Like adding Dragons Exalted and Plasma freeze or do they all need to be from one set?
    Black: 3482-2112-2585
    Soul Silver:4297 5993 0464
    Platinum:2965 4525 0763
    My shiny pokemon:
    Encountered in FR as a Geodude
    Encountered in Diamond as a Lv.4 Shinx

I claim Latias

I HOPE THERES A MEGA LATIAS!

laitamy@ To play the game you can use any card of any set, however to play at a pokemon tcg sanctioned tournament you are only allowed to play with cards from these sets.

Plasma Freeze
    Plasma Storm
    Boundaries Crossed
    Dragon Vault
    Dragons Exalted
    Dark Explorers
    Next Destinies
    Noble Victories
    Emerging Powers
    Black & White

Awesome! Thank you.
    Black: 3482-2112-2585
    Soul Silver:4297 5993 0464
    Platinum:2965 4525 0763
    My shiny pokemon:
    Encountered in FR as a Geodude
    Encountered in Diamond as a Lv.4 Shinx

I claim Latias

I HOPE THERES A MEGA LATIAS!

I know that for some sets, Serebii.net's Card Database indicates which cards are in a theme deck. Does anyone know of a similar database somewhere on the web that gives the same data for the theme decks in HGSS onward (including all BW sets released so far)? And, more importantly, does anyone know if there is any source that lists the cards found in the World Championship decks that have been sold each year for a while now? This would help out a whole bunch!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

You're looking for a credible buyers net, well from year to year you wouldn't get anything consistent because we change the format so frequently as in monthly to weekly so it's hard to make a good deck based off of that information actually to be more honest it would be impossible (top decks change when tournaments and sets get released month to month to week to week so it's just like that). But it sounds to me like you're looking for a buyers chain or network allowing you to see stats on what deck sells for popularity, as far as I know there is nothing that reliable online. Pokebeach offers a pretty dedicated TCG index on they're main page at www.pokebeach.com

Edit: If you want to get into the game more and find out what is being played what to buy and how to buy check youtube, pokebeach, sixprizes are good places to start.
    Last edited by ven?; 7th June 2013 at 8:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    You're looking for a credible buyers net, well from year to year you wouldn't get anything consistent because we change the format so frequently as in monthly to weekly so it's hard to make a good deck based off of that information actually to be more honest it would be impossible (top decks change when tournaments and sets get released month to month to week to week so it's just like that). But it sounds to me like you're looking for a buyers chain or network allowing you to see stats on what deck sells for popularity, as far as I know there is nothing that reliable online. Pokebeach offers a pretty dedicated TCG index on they're main page at www.pokebeach.com

Edit: If you want to get into the game more and find out what is being played what to buy and how to buy check youtube, pokebeach, sixprizes are good places to start.
    I'd like to think he's talking about theme decks, and the WC decks with the unplayable cards. He's entirely right if I'm mistaken, but pokebeach is still a good resource. If I am right, you should check bulbapedia. They have every theme deck+ WC deck listed there. Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Wow. Bulbapedia's list is amazing! It's definitely what I was looking for, since the latest theme deck listed on Serebii is from Platinum, and Serebii doesn't have anything on the World Championship decks. I remember reading the back of the boxes for those in the store (and being particularly impressed with the Masters Division Champ's deck), but being able to see the full details is just awesome! Thanks!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

I'd like to think he's talking about theme decks, and the WC decks with the unplayable cards. He's entirely right if I'm mistaken, but pokebeach is still a good resource. If I am right, you should check bulbapedia. They have every theme deck+ WC deck listed there. Qwaa
    to be honest with the answer he was wanting and the answers we we're trying to give wasn't matching up. I still don't know why he's after world championships decklists though, they won't make him any better.

to be honest with the answer he was wanting and the answers we we're trying to give wasn't matching up. I still don't know why he's after world championships decklists though, they won't make him any better.
    Just read above... he said thts exactly what he was looking for. So mine did match up. And I think he's collecting, or at least seeing the ideas from past years. It's a fun thing to look on. Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Actually, I'm not directly trying to find that out in order to get better. Nor am I collecting. Looking at the World Championship decks is something like looking at art, with the canvas being the format itself. You can see a lot of excellence on the surface (as I did while skimming these decks quickly in the store), but to really understand it, I like to ask questions. Why did this person choose that card? Why did this person leave out that card? Does this deck have some kind of a weak point? How did it hammer other decks' weak points?

To attempt to better understand the current format directly from the previous one would be unwise. However, since I recently got into using proxies, knowing the contents of these decks may help bring a wake-up call to some friends who play unlimited and want to get better.

I also have an unrelated (and rather unimportant) question. I know that this really cool Energy design (with one for every other type) is listed in HGSS and Call of Legends. I've seen the Energy in various theme decks (HGSS, Undaunted), and have just seen the more bland design. Are the cooler looking ones only found in boosters of those two series?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    I also have an unrelated (and rather unimportant) question. I know that this really cool Energy design (with one for every other type) is listed in HGSS and Call of Legends. I've seen the Energy in various theme decks (HGSS, Undaunted), and have just seen the more bland design. Are the cooler looking ones only found in boosters of those two series?
    You betcha! Holo in CoL though! Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Hi, i have a question about the cardsize in older sets, have it been different in the past (2007) then it is today?

cause i have 3 cards right infront of me that seems to be fake and the size is different then a card of today also Ralts name is misspelled in the card (Ralrs) the other two cards are Kirlia and Gardevoir also everyone is in foil (dont know what name this foiling have but its many circles on the card like a cake divided in 10 pieces) and the backside doesn't feel good either.

they are from the same set EX Power Keepers.

If you need pictures i will have some ready as soon as the batteries are charged up

Smaruc@ 2007, miscuts... if you have a picture to show that is (different sized cards are seen from time to time).

Smaruc@ 2007, miscuts... if you have a picture to show that is (different sized cards are seen from time to time).
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...psaeec88c1.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ps2abb3ce9.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...psf3f9b56a.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...psaff6c27c.jpg

and the difference in size compared with a card of today in the link below

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ps0a59e28c.jpg

The Ralts is fake (by the spelling and type of holo). After seeing all three, the rest look fake I'm afraid.

biatch im fabulous

They're all fakes, the text is very off.

TheFightingPikachu@ I can see why you'd look at it that way, it's more interesting to see the visual prospect, however it's a mindset to understand how they're played.

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast