Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1117

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

We have a cardex on serebii, bulpedia, and pokebeach have cardexs. As far as I know you can use any card in any set in a deck you want when playing at a league however for tournament play you must use cards from next destinies, dark explorers, dragon vault, dragons exalted, boundaries crossed, plasma storm, plasma freeze, plasma blast, and legendary treasures.

If you have trainer and pokemon cards from older generations that have been re-printed with-in those newer sets, yes you can use it(s), but they have to work based off of the current rules.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Can you use cards from other expansions when building a deck (or modding a theme deck)? Such as putting cards from gym challenge into a deck with gym Heros? (I know I'm old school XD) thnx in advance!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

It depends on what the format is (the formats of those times where base set to gym challeneges, team rocket to neo, as far as I can recall),

this is the current format, you can use any card from these sets to make a deck.
    Next destinies
    Dark explorers
    Dragon's exalted
    Dragon vault
    Boundaries crossed
    Plasma storm
    Plasma freeze
    Plasma blast
    legendary treasures

For older formats, you could use cards from other gens for unlimited decks meaning you can use any card from any set. If you use cards in this current format which have been re-printed from older gens with the same name text and use such as switch, energy switch, etc (minus ace specs) you can still use them as is.
    Last edited by ven?; 6th December 2013 at 6:06 AM.

Thanks, but do me and my opponent have to use the same format? (By the way I'm talking about casual battles , but with official rules of course ) also Im playing with the hard copy cards not online just so you know. ^_^
    Last edited by leafgreen5050; 7th December 2013 at 1:56 AM.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

You can play unlimited, which means any and all sets, but you work by current rules (unless you have you're own rules).

Sorry for asking so many questions!(^_^ Im new to the TCG . My question is, when building a deck , you can only have 4 copies of each card, but does the same card from a different expansion count as one of the four cards ? could I have 4 jungle switch cards and 4 arceus switch cards in my deck ? Thnx in advance

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by leafgreen5050 View Post
    Sorry for asking so many questions!(^_^ Im new to the TCG . My question is, when building a deck , you can only have 4 copies of each card, but does the same card from a different expansion count as one of the four cards ? could I have 4 jungle switch cards and 4 arceus switch cards in my deck ? Thnx in advance
    You can use a maximum of 4 cards with the same name (no matter what set they're from). You can always use as many basic energy cards as you want though. So here are some examples.

- You can only use 4 cards named Switch total. Whether they're from different sets or not.
    - You can use 2 Pikachu from Next Destinies and 2 Pikachu from Boundaries Crossed. But you can't use 4 Pikachu from Next Destinies and 4 Pikachu from Boundaries Crossed.
    - You can use 4 Pikachu and 4 Surfing Pikachu because they have different names.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 12th December 2013 at 10:47 AM.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

For those of you who have bought all the theme decks over the years; When it comes to energy cards, they come as standalones, not being from any set, only differnece being the year-stamp.

Which different years have the energy card came out? Like all the different energies have the 2009-stamp, 2011-stamp and 2013-stamp (At least those who came in the Kalos Starter Decks), which other years can i get the energies in? A list of all the years taht i can get on the cards (And also, which year the darkness and metal cards became basic's), would be great if someone took theire time
    Last edited by Shiny T; 2nd January 2014 at 12:51 AM.

Click, if you want to.

energy cards are usually in the base set of every series of booster packs has basic energy, base set, genesis, hoenn, DP, hgss, B&W, ruby and sapphire, etc

both special darkness and steel came out with genesis, however basic energy of both didn't come out until DP.

There is an energy printed for every year, all you have to do is look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    energy cards are usually in the base set of every series of booster packs has basic energy, base set, genesis, hoenn, DP, hgss, B&W, ruby and sapphire, etc

both special darkness and steel came out with genesis, however basic energy of both didn't come out until DP.

There is an energy printed for every year, all you have to do is look for them.

What i meant, was the ones who doesn not belong in any set.

But if they are printed for each year, why does the decks from 2013 (Before Kalos-decks) have energy cards from 2011?

Click, if you want to.

Plasma energy is 2013, blend 2012, DCE 2013 (years in which each energy comes out per set). Theme decks are interesting in general, pokemon pre-prints there energy for cards years in advanced because energy cards don't change, and when you think about it, it greatly reduces the costs on reprinting the same card for every year like they did in the beginning until 2009 for basic energy where they printed a new one every year, its just easier to print a batch when the base set comes out, put energy in those decks, and then have it for a continuous set (but this is only for base set of every gen), so an energy is printed for every year, basic energy are only printed at certain times to reduce printing costs since 09.
    Last edited by ven?; 2nd January 2014 at 3:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Plasma energy is 2013, blend 2012, DCE 2013 (years in which each energy comes out per set). Theme decks are interesting in general, pokemon pre-prints there energy for cards years in advanced because energy cards don't change, and when you think about it, it greatly reduces the costs on reprinting the same card for every year like they did in the beginning until 2009 for basic energy where they printed a new one every year, its just easier to print a batch when the base set comes out, put energy in those decks, and then have it for a continuous set (but this is only for base set of every gen), so an energy is printed for every year, basic energy are only printed at certain times to reduce printing costs since 09.
    So.... (Lets just call them) deck-energies Have come out every year up until 2009, and then again in 2011 and 2013?

And the deck-energies is "set-less" energies, and not energies taken from Black & White, EX Ruby & Sapphire, etcetc?

Click, if you want to.

Just basic energy and special energy.

Basically, basic energy are universally re-printed with the same date within the current generation of sets, theme decks mirror the booster series and don't start getting a new date until the booster series gets a new date on it (I.e. 5th gen to 6th gen switch) and a base set of energy cards printed within that set (usually speaking).
    Last edited by ven?; 2nd January 2014 at 11:06 AM.

I don't know where to post this question but...

Can I have a list of all the Pokemon boxes, tins, blisters, that have collectibles in them. For example the Sylveon box etc...
    All credit goes to Astral Shadow of The Under. You're Awesome!

I'm confused by this, every booster set, box, tin, etc has something collectable in it. For instance, every black and white booster set has shiny or ultra/ultra rare cards in the set like full arts where the image of the pokemon or Trainer card takes up the full card and the card itself is a thick holographic foil, gold cards/shiny pokemon, and pretty much the same thing in every set, probably even the new x and y set, not 100% on that, not 100% at all.

If you want a list
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ame_expansions
    http://www.serebii.net/card/dex/
    http://pokebeach.com/
    Last edited by ven?; 12th January 2014 at 6:19 PM.

Are we allowed to use world championship cards if they are sleeved?
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
    Are we allowed to use world championship cards if they are sleeved?
    No you are not. Your local league may allow them, but at premier events, the answer is no.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

^Hmm, kinda, in sanctioned events no because they have the actual backs and signatures on them, but your free to play them against any opponent would want to, I am a person who is advid in collecting worlds decks and have never seen this as a bad thing to do at leagues of any kind.

Hey all, I have a quick question. I have recently decided to go through all of my cards and work to complete my whole entire collection by obtaining one of every card (it's a daunting task...) but I've come across something that made me go "hmm..." So, most notably in the newer generation of cards, certain holographics I notice are similar to the old style with sparkles and spots; however, I'm also noticing that those same cards have different holographic versions where the holographic backing is just a series of shiny lines. Does anyone know if there are two holographic types for each of the newer holographic cards? Or if either type is rarer than the other? I have one card in both types, so if someone needs pics, I can upload. Thanks in advance.
    Friend Code: 0130-2316-1827
    Safari: Ground - Nincada, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Since you said you had one card in both types, I have a good idea of what that is. I'm not, however, sure about what these are supposed to be called, as official sources seem to differ. I would call the one with the lines "Holographic" and the one with sparkles and spots "Foil." Official sources sometimes refer to the latter type as "Reverse Foil," "Reverse Holographic," and "Parallel Foil."

Every pack (at least in recent generations) is supposed to have one card from the second category. It is not guaranteed to be a card that would otherwise be Rare Holographic; it can even be Uncommon or Common. If you have any Common or Uncommon cards with this Foil/Reverse Foil/Reverse Holographic/Parallel Foil design, you could use them to compare your other cards to see which category they fall into.

Anyone can correct me, as I might have gotten a few of the names incorrect or forgotten a few things. Still, hope this helps!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by BtmnPenguin2 View Post
    Hey all, I have a quick question. I have recently decided to go through all of my cards and work to complete my whole entire collection by obtaining one of every card (it's a daunting task...) but I've come across something that made me go "hmm..." So, most notably in the newer generation of cards, certain holographics I notice are similar to the old style with sparkles and spots; however, I'm also noticing that those same cards have different holographic versions where the holographic backing is just a series of shiny lines. Does anyone know if there are two holographic types for each of the newer holographic cards? Or if either type is rarer than the other? I have one card in both types, so if someone needs pics, I can upload. Thanks in advance.
    Examples please? The Black and White series has those horizontal lines on the regular holo cards. I forget the term used, but I think it's on Bulbapedia. Select cards, like the Plasma Blast Blastoise were reprinted in blister packs where the holo pattern was different. These have been called "Cosmos Holos", where they have dots. Then there is something called (or used to be called) "Shattered Glass Holos", also found in blisters or those box collections.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

^holo and reverse holo, newer shows lines for holo (generally), and the energy of that pokemon type all over for reverse holo, Emerging powers to diamond and pearl would have regular holos having holos spots all over the card, and reverse holos would be shinny all over however the foil is uber weak and scratches easy, hoenn has reverse holos that have a holo image and the set image in the bottom right hand corner and the holos came in different variations with usually a bring yellow border that sometimes looked gold. Anything else is a misprint, I think this kinda helps.

image.jpg

There's the image. Hope it works. Side by side, same card, just different type of holographic. Thanks for the answers above. Lots of detail; I didn't realize there were so many different versions of the later cards!
    Friend Code: 0130-2316-1827
    Safari: Ground - Nincada, Trapinch, Palpitoad

I have a question, I had a friend buy 5 or 6 bags of cards for me, I found a lot of old and old japenese mixed with newer cards. I found a mewtwo promo card (3) , a zapdos (fossil), staryu (shadowless), a shining steelix and a holofoil ho-oh what is the value of those cards all in mint-near mint condition?

the shadowless staryu 65/102 is it a fake card or real?

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast