Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Post Is Pokemon TCG ever going to create a Shadow Pokemon?

Hey Everybody,

I was wondering if Pokemon TCG was ever going to create a Shadow Pokemon? I was thinking that a Shadow Pokemon Card will look 80%
    darker than an original Pokemon Card and the Shadow Pokemon's
    stats will be 100% better. For example, a shadow Scizor's HP would
    be 160 and its attack would be Night Slash, 120 damage. Even
    better than a Lv.X card! Do you wonder if Pokemon TCG is ever
    going to make a Shadow Pokemon Card? Reply Now!!!
    Last edited by Trainer_Jason; 23rd June 2010 at 4:50 PM. Reason: There were some errors

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer_Jason View Post
    Do you wonder if Pokemon TCG is ever
    going to make a Shadow Pokemon Card? Reply Now!!!
    Someone hasn't been paying very much attention. Both the Japanese one and the English one came out in 2005.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...6532432640.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...2023750185.jpg

(Those are both my pictures incase you were wondering)
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Default Identifying fakes

Hey guys, was wondering if you could help me identify some cards in my collection which I suspect might be fakes, though I could be wrong. Also apologies if in the wrong place ^^

Well yeah my main gripe is with these cards from the Ex Team Rocket Returns set, I have a number of holographic cards from these but some of them have their name also shiny (And the rarity symbol at the bottom right), whereas some don't, was just wondering if Nintendo added another subclass to their cards (meaning, there are holographics without a shiny name, and holographics with a shiny name) I'm hoping not though. Also the ones with the shiny names also have an 'Ex Team Rocket Returns logo on the card'.

Also a few of my cards belong to sets that had the e-Reader barcode on them, I know shiny/holographic cards didn't have the code, but I have a few normal cards that lack them too, theres not even space for the code at the bottom of the card (Just a normal border instead). And it doesn't match up to the entries on the Serebii Cardex as I saw they had the code but my cards did not, I was wondering if Nintendo may have abolished the codes towards the end of the sets print or if my cards are just outright fake?

Also, I take ultra care of all my cards yet I have acquired some fakes over my time, and I have some reverse holographic cards which belong to the Ex Deoxys set, but theirs funny marks on them where its as if the holo is being scratched or rubbed off, the best way to describe it is to say that it looks like theirs glitter on my card. Was wondering if this was normal for some prints of reverse-holo cards around that time? (Though my Ex Ruby and Sapphire reverse holo cards are perfect, both were kept in a binder thingy)

Also, I have a card from Ex Hidden Legends that is a weird kind of shiny where the holographic part has energy symbols in it and a large energy symbol down the bottom (Depicting the particular pokemons own type), is this just the kind of special holographic design belonging to Ex Hidden Legends and possibly some others?

And finally, I've noticed that shiny cards bend over time, any suggestions? Was thinking of putting something monstrously heavy on them, if only I could find such a thing :P And with cards in which a pokemons given a level, does that do anything special?

Sorry to write so much guys, all help would be appreciated though I also don't expect anybody to do this, but could somebody explain to me as much they know about the differing classes between sets of pokemon cards, like was just wondering if someone could explain to me the differences between sets, like what sets had reverse holographics, etc. If its too complex/much though don't worry about it, I've already asked way too much hehe

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by IISpacebreakII View Post
    Well yeah my main gripe is with these cards from the Ex Team Rocket Returns set, I have a number of holographic cards from these but some of them have their name also shiny (And the rarity symbol at the bottom right), whereas some don't, was just wondering if Nintendo added another subclass to their cards (meaning, there are holographics without a shiny name, and holographics with a shiny name) I'm hoping not though. Also the ones with the shiny names also have an 'Ex Team Rocket Returns logo on the card'.
    The ones with the shiny names and star at the bottom are just reverse-foil rares. Those ones sound fine to me.

Also a few of my cards belong to sets that had the e-Reader barcode on them, I know shiny/holographic cards didn't have the code, but I have a few normal cards that lack them too, theres not even space for the code at the bottom of the card (Just a normal border instead). And it doesn't match up to the entries on the Serebii Cardex as I saw they had the code but my cards did not, I was wondering if Nintendo may have abolished the codes towards the end of the sets print or if my cards are just outright fake?
    Which cards were they and what sets are they from? I seem to remember a few cards without the barcode but I can't be sure.

Also, I take ultra care of all my cards yet I have acquired some fakes over my time, and I have some reverse holographic cards which belong to the Ex Deoxys set, but theirs funny marks on them where its as if the holo is being scratched or rubbed off, the best way to describe it is to say that it looks like theirs glitter on my card. Was wondering if this was normal for some prints of reverse-holo cards around that time? (Though my Ex Ruby and Sapphire reverse holo cards are perfect, both were kept in a binder thingy)
    Ex Deoxys had terrible quality cards. It's normal for cards from that set to get those specs and curl over time. It could be caused by the tempature or humidity of the room that you kept them in.

Also, I have a card from Ex Hidden Legends that is a weird kind of shiny where the holographic part has energy symbols in it and a large energy symbol down the bottom (Depicting the particular pokemons own type), is this just the kind of special holographic design belonging to Ex Hidden Legends and possibly some others?
    That's what reverse-foil rares cards looked like at that time. They're fine.

And finally, I've noticed that shiny cards bend over time, any suggestions? Was thinking of putting something monstrously heavy on them, if only I could find such a thing :P And with cards in which a pokemons given a level, does that do anything special?
    The best thing I can recomend is to put them in sleeves and then tightly fit them in long boxes/deck boxes. But as I said earlier, some sets just weren't made of very good quality.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Thankyou Skitty, that helped massively =]

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Which cards were they and what sets are they from? I seem to remember a few cards without the barcode but I can't be sure.
    Sorry I made a mistake. In my description, one of the cards, Ex Ruby and Sapphire Gardevoir 7/109 isn't holographic nor does it have the space at the bottom for the code. I thought the first 14 cards of that set were automatically holographic or am I wrong on that part? The other card is from the same set, Goldeen 55/109.

I think I may have solved the problem though, these 2 cards say 'Nintendo 2004' whereas all the rest of mine say 'Nintendo 2003' (And so do the entries in the cardex). Maybe it is possible Nintendo redesigned their previous cards, as I do know Ex Magma Vs Aqua was also in 2004 and was the final set to contain e-reader codes (That I know of). Or..maybe Nintendo didn't print any Ex Ruby & Saphhire in 2004, and my cards are fake :/

Well sorry if I caused some confusion ^^, and btw thanks for contributing so much to the cardex Skitty, I see your name alot around their. =) Oh and was just wondering, I know their not considered canon (As such) but would you guys ever consider listing base set 2 and 3 (Legendary Collection) and possibly some others that I may not know about?

Well sorry if I caused some confusion ^^, and btw thanks for contributing so much to the cardex Skitty, I see your name alot around their. =) Oh and was just wondering, I know their not considered canon (As such) but would you guys ever consider listing base set 2 and 3 (Legendary Collection) and possibly some others that I may not know about?
    Thanks. And I think that Base Set 2 and Legendary Collection are more of a problem since not many people have complete sets of them to scan. I know that I never bothered to collect them.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 25th June 2010 at 2:45 PM. Reason: Typo
    なにがでるかな!?

ok i have two things that i found! one to do with the tcg and the other to do with well a pokemons name! people might know this already.

1. Rotom is Motor backwards. i just realised this, i actually never thoght of it. people probaly know this already.

2. on the Legendary Bird reprints, there are shadows of them. and on the articuno and moltres ones, the gold parts seem to represent part of zapdos' shadow who i think goes in the middle (ignoring the no. in the set)
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

What should I buy?
    A Fossil booster box (not 1st edition), a Team Rocket Returns booster box or an album with 730 "old" cards?

Default Question about the tcg

Hello, I'm fairly new to the internet forum system so if this topic has been talked about or is out of category please excuse it. My question about the Pokemon card game is, is it affordable? I got my first starter set when Pokemon came to the states, and loved looking at all the cool Pokemon in different art work then the show and game. As time went by I came back to Pokemon around the ruby/sapphire release. I bought a few packs and got just amazing cards, and i was psyched. However I couldn't find anyone to play the actual game with so i stopped buying packs. So i went to card games like duel masters and yugioh because the player base was much higher. but the problem in those games is the cards that are required to build most decks where priced outrageously so basically if you wanted to lay the game you needed more than average amounts of money. So yeah that's my question is Pokemon a affordable game and is playing/ trading online popular like yugioh, any opinions tips or comments are welcome and add me as a friend if you want. Thanks.
    Last edited by triangle; 29th July 2010 at 1:26 AM.

Question Original Jynx Card?

Okay, I've been searching for this answer for ages and have only come up with misleading answers. I figured you guys would be my best bet.

Was the very first print original Jynx base set card printed with a black face? I've read that they reprinted them purple in 2000 due to that whole ridiculous controversy. If they were reprinted purple, that would have to mean she was originally printed black, correct?

All of the sets of original base cards I've found for sale include Jynx with a purple face, which leads me to believe she was never printed black to begin with.

Anyone know the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by YouJinxedMe View Post
    Okay, I've been searching for this answer for ages and have only come up with misleading answers. I figured you guys would be my best bet.

Was the very first print original Jynx base set card printed with a black face? I've read that they reprinted them purple in 2000 due to that whole ridiculous controversy. If they were reprinted purple, that would have to mean she was originally printed black, correct?

All of the sets of original base cards I've found for sale include Jynx with a purple face, which leads me to believe she was never printed black to begin with.

Anyone know the answer?
    You'll probably need to find some very early 1st edition of this one. Not even the 1st editions on ebay show a black face. Maybe they were changed before being released?
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    You'll probably need to find some very early 1st edition of this one. Not even the 1st editions on ebay show a black face. Maybe they were changed before being released?
    Alright, after some research I've confirmed that the Japanese base set Jynx was indeed printed with a black face. I'm not so sure about the English one though. If it was, it certainly is illusive!

Default Will There Ever Be These Kinds Of Cards?

Ok, i want to finish off my unique collection, I have every single pokemon in card form at least once in my folders, most usually multiple different versions.

But i want to complete my Arcues collection.

I think there have only been 7 types released with types like bug, ghost etc not out.

The question i want to ask is, will there ever be a complete set of Arcues cards?

ANyone got any ideas of release dates?

Much Appriciated.
    Name: Shiwayb
    Friend Code: 3566 8704 4220

My Rules:

Doubles
    6 Pokemon
    Uber Or Non Uber
    Free Battle

In the TCG, a Caterpie will only be considered Grass, not Bug. A "secondary" type may be "applied" to some Pokemon so as to put more variety into their Weaknesses (i.e. Glaceon being weak to Metal despite being a Water-type TCG Pokemon).

The TCG Pokemon will only be limited to the types of Basic Energy (plus Colorless) available. So there will only ever be a Darkness (AR1), Grass (AR2), Fire (AR3), Water (AR4), Colorless (AR5), Lightning (AR6), Psychic (AR7), Fighting (AR8), and Metal (AR9) Arceus.
    Last edited by Asrialys; 5th August 2010 at 11:47 PM.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    In the TCG, a Caterpie will only be considered Grass, not Bug. A "secondary" type may be "applied" to some Pokemon so as to put more variety into their Weaknesses (i.e. Glaceon being weak to Metal despite being a Water-type TCG Pokemon).

The TCG Pokemon will only be limited to the types of Basic Energy (plus Colorless) available. So there will only ever be a Darkness (AR1), Grass (AR2), Fire (AR3), Water (AR4), Colorless (AR5), Lightning (AR6), Psychic (AR7), Fighting (AR8), and Metal (AR9) Arceus.

Oh, ok, thanks so much for clearing that up

Any idea on when the new pokemon cards will be out based on B/W?
    Name: Shiwayb
    Friend Code: 3566 8704 4220

My Rules:

Doubles
    6 Pokemon
    Uber Or Non Uber
    Free Battle

Quote Originally Posted by shiwayb View Post
    Oh, ok, thanks so much for clearing that up

Any idea on when the new pokemon cards will be out based on B/W?
    Probably in time for their English release in Spring 2011. Japan will probably be getting them by the end of this year.

Default Uk Prerelease Undaunted

I live in the UK and was wondering if there was an Undaunted Prerelease happening atall.. I really wan tto go and the league that i knew has closed down last month... does anyone know of one in the uk?
    My First Sig

Coloured and made by... Me XD
    Coments wecome...

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Quote Originally Posted by Teleri(Squirtle) View Post
    I live in the UK and was wondering if there was an Undaunted Prerelease happening atall.. I really wan tto go and the league that i knew has closed down last month... does anyone know of one in the uk?
    Did you try the Event Locator?

http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/events/
    なにがでるかな!?

yeah, I tried that... but aparently the arnt any...
    My First Sig

Coments wecome...

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste

Hey, does anyone know about the pokemon tcg trainer kit? Gyrados and Raichu... Erm can the cards be used in other decks for a tournament?
    Just wondering as some of the cards are really good...
    My First Sig

Coments wecome...

Quote Originally Posted by Teleri(Squirtle) View Post
    Hey, does anyone know about the pokemon tcg trainer kit? Gyrados and Raichu... Erm can the cards be used in other decks for a tournament?
    Just wondering as some of the cards are really good...
    The HS Trainer Kit is definately usable in modified and unlimited Leagues and tournaments. As you can see here, the HSTrainer Kit is listed as modified legal for this year.
    なにがでるかな!?

hey im new here so idk if deck questions are allowed but i wanna makke a rainbow deck and i was wondering if i could use rainbow energy in my deck instead of the standard ones
    is that allowed?
    and also is there a card like the rainbow energies minus the bad effects?
    well thanx for the help =]

Quote Originally Posted by Hopkins View Post
    hey im new here so idk if deck questions are allowed but i wanna makke a rainbow deck and i was wondering if i could use rainbow energy in my deck instead of the standard ones
    is that allowed?
    and also is there a card like the rainbow energies minus the bad effects?
    well thanx for the help =]
    Sure you can make a rainbow deck. It might not be very good because of all the differant energy needed though. And you can use Rainbow Energy, but you can only have a max of 4 in a deck.
    There are a few other cards simmilar to Rainbow Energy, but they aren't modified legal. A few I can think of are Multi Energy, Double Rainbow Energy and SP Energy.
    なにがでるかな!?

thanx skitty ur answer helped =p
    so i was at fred meyers lookin at booster pack sets and i saw one with a pikachu that could do thunderbolt for 100

Quote Originally Posted by Hopkins View Post
    so i was at fred meyers lookin at booster pack sets and i saw one with a pikachu that could do thunderbolt for 100
    A Pikachu? I don't think there's such a thing. There's a Pikachu M SP and LV.X version that were released with the Arceus movie, but that was only in Japan. It can do Volt Tackle for 100.

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast