Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

If PokeBeach doesn't help (it should though, just click on Theme Decks), Pokémon Elite 2006 has the lists as well.

What EX Pokemon can be expected in EX Holon Phantoms?
    -------MEWTWO

The Pokémon-ex in EX Holon Phantoms are Crawdaunt ex, Mightyena ex, and Mew ex.

I have a question. Can any card, including holographic, EX, Unown, Delta Species, Crystal, energies, and * Pokemon, be reverse-holo? If not, please tell me which cards cannot be reverse-holo.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Pokémon-ex cannot be reverse holo - neither can Pokémon-star, or the foil energies in Holon Phantoms. And the Unown from the Unseen Forces subset, I believe, can't be reverse-holo either.

This is pretty obvious, I know, but other people might query it - POP cards, from any series, will not be holographic. I don't think. :P

Okay, I am starting to play again, and I am curious, after they changed the cards (started with Ruby/Sapphire Decks, and a bit before that, like with Pokemon 4-ever, ect. Most have an E in the lower left corner, but has recently been romoved), are the older cards still allowd?

Leviathan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zora
    Okay, I am starting to play again, and I am curious, after they changed the cards (started with Ruby/Sapphire Decks, and a bit before that, like with Pokemon 4-ever, ect. Most have an E in the lower left corner, but has recently been romoved), are the older cards still allowd?
    Theres two different formats of how to play pokemon, Unlimited, or Modified. Unlimited is as it sounds, you can play using any of the sets. Modified is what Pokemon Leagues play now though. Which consists of EX Ruby, EX Sandstorm, to Holon Phantoms. I have heard though, that some sets will be taken out again such as EX Ruby to make play more enjoyable or something. But that won't take place till Fall, from what I've heard.

Thanks. My second question, now that I read that, how do you know what pack or deck that Pokemon is from?

Leviathan Guest

You can go to the official Pokemon TCG home page and see what cards are in what sets. Only EX Ruby & Sapphire through Holon Phantoms.

http://www.pokemon-tcg.com/

You can find it on the left, on Card Info. You can search for the cards you are looking for by name or search for them by Sets.

Modified is currently all sets from EX Hidden Legends onwards; as of 1 September, HL, FRLG, and TRR will be eliminated from Modified, making it EX Deoxys onwards.

'k I'm back.
    Does the Typhlosion from UFO include itself in taking damage from it's Burning Aura PokeBody?

EDIT: I dunno if I worded that right. It sounds a bit wierd when I read it aloud.
    EDIT2: Yay! 4th page!
    [P] [E] [@] [R] [L]
    Score: 10868 || Pokedex: 249/338/493 || Fossils dug: 53 || Time: 159:45
    Tower Team: Infernape, Hippowdon, Cacturne
    Currently trying to evolve: Buneary, Snorunt, various Eevees
    [Bastiodon is STILL MY BISHIE.]

Third page, actually.

Right, let's have a look at this Typhlosion...

"As long as Typhlosion is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on each Defending Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) between turns."

So, as you can tell from the brackets, yes, that includes Typhlosion. It's actually a very good Poké-Body when you look at Rage (50 damage plus 10 more per counter on Typhie) - a card I think will be well-used at this year's Worlds.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dash
    Third page, actually.

Right, let's have a look at this Typhlosion...

"As long as Typhlosion is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on each Defending Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) between turns."

So, as you can tell from the brackets, yes, that includes Typhlosion. It's actually a very good Poké-Body when you look at Rage (50 damage plus 10 more per counter on Typhie) - a card I think will be well-used at this year's Worlds.

Hope that helps.
    'k thanks for that.
    And it is the fourth page.
    [P] [E] [@] [R] [L]
    Score: 10868 || Pokedex: 249/338/493 || Fossils dug: 53 || Time: 159:45
    Tower Team: Infernape, Hippowdon, Cacturne
    Currently trying to evolve: Buneary, Snorunt, various Eevees
    [Bastiodon is STILL MY BISHIE.]

It says at the top "Page 3 of 3".

Okay, I have two questions:
    Is there any place that has a list of all the English promo cards?
    and
    Is there any place that has a list of all the POP promo cards?

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Chaos Emerald: This place has a list of all 53 Wizards promos, as well as Nintendo promos up to 28, and several more sets of promos - including POP Series 1.

Chaos Emerald: This place has a list of all 53 Wizards promos, as well as Nintendo promos up to 28, and several more sets of promos - including POP Series 1.
    Thank you! That was just what I needed.

I'm gonna buy a booster box. It will be either Legend Maker or Holon Phantoms. Which one should I buy? I can only get one.

I have a question, what set is this card from?
    My Claimings
    Precious Miseries RPG ~+sign ups+~

"POKÉMON!? Pokemon with the Poké and the Mon and the thing where the guy comes out of the thing, and he makes a fraaagh fr fra aagh aagh aagh!"

Hypno: If you like Delta Species Pokémon, get Holon Phantoms, if not, Legend Maker. IMO, Legend Maker is a much better set.

Kitt Kat: ...I'm stumped. I'm actually stumped. It's not Unseen Forces, Delta Species, Legend Maker or Holon Phantoms. It can't be Crystal Guardians or Furthest Ends.

I'm gonna have to consult somebody. Please excuse me a few hours until I get a reply.

EDIT: Haven't got a reply from either of my consulted people thingies. Kitt Kat - can you tell me/show me where you found that picture? It might help me tell you which set it's from.

EDIT 2: Right, I think this is how it works...in Japan, there are tournaments, and you can get points from participating/winning in tournaments, or something. I think. Anyway, Flareon-star is apparently the "30,000 points" card. This is supposedly the list:

Pokemon Players 20,000 point Jolteon (*star)
    Pokemon Players 30,000 point Flareon (*star)
    Pokemon Players 40,000 point Espeon (*star)
    Pokemon Players 70,000 point Umbreon (*star)

I have sent somebody on a different forum a PM, as he/she originally posted this, and I'm guessing they know about it.
    Last edited by Cipher 2008; 4th July 2006 at 5:43 PM.

Hypno: If you like Delta Species Pokémon, get Holon Phantoms, if not, Legend Maker. IMO, Legend Maker is a much better set.

Kitt Kat: ...I'm stumped. I'm actually stumped. It's not Unseen Forces, Delta Species, Legend Maker or Holon Phantoms. It can't be Crystal Guardians or Furthest Ends.

I'm gonna have to consult somebody. Please excuse me a few hours until I get a reply.

EDIT: Haven't got a reply from either of my consulted people thingies. Kitt Kat - can you tell me/show me where you found that picture? It might help me tell you which set it's from.

EDIT 2: Right, I think this is how it works...in Japan, there are tournaments, and you can get points from participating/winning in tournaments, or something. I think. Anyway, Flareon-star is apparently the "30,000 points" card. This is supposedly the list:

Pokemon Players 20,000 point Jolteon (*star)
    Pokemon Players 30,000 point Flareon (*star)
    Pokemon Players 40,000 point Espeon (*star)
    Pokemon Players 70,000 point Umbreon (*star)

I have sent somebody on a different forum a PM, as he/she originally posted this, and I'm guessing they know about it.
    Oh, thanks, that helped a lot! =)

(By the way, to your first edit, I found it on eBay)

~~~

Can you only have four Darkness/Metal Energies in a deck since they are 'Special Energy' cards?

My Claimings

"POKÉMON!? Pokemon with the Poké and the Mon and the thing where the guy comes out of the thing, and he makes a fraaagh fr fra aagh aagh aagh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt Kat
    Can you only have four Darkness/Metal Energies in a deck since they are 'Special Energy' cards?
    Yes, that is correct. The ONLY cards you're allowed to have more than 4 of are the Basic Energy cards (Grass, Fire, Water, Lightning, Fighting, Psychic).
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

I actually have a question; can I use Darkness Energy from EX Ruby & Sapphire in the new DX-on Modified Format?

Yes! You can use ANY old version of a card if it has been reprinted in a new set that's in Modified (Darkness is in Emerald, I believe, and probably other sets since then).

The only rule is that you must play the card by the text on the most recent printing of the card. For example, you can even use the Darkness Energy card from Neo, but you must play it as if it has the Emerald card text on it.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

Quote Originally Posted by TRJessie579
    Yes, that is correct. The ONLY cards you're allowed to have more than 4 of are the Basic Energy cards (Grass, Fire, Water, Lightning, Fighting, Psychic).
    Thanks!

~~~

Someone told me that in the Holon Phantoms packs, the ones with Gyarados on the front has the rarest cards. Can anyone verify this?
    My Claimings

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast