Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 1117

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

  1. #726
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiningmilotic View Post
    ok so my card collection needs to be a lot fatter in my opinion. After pullin my favorite legend cards rayqauza and deoxys legend , im ambitious to get more cards! Are there certain ratios for pullin legend cards, shiny legends, secret rares, and even just a holo? I am sure there are but does anyone know any? I have considered a booster box because im a collector, I dont play anymore. I like the shiny set in call of legends a lot and id like more. I have gotten 17 packs of that expansion and pulled 2 shinies 4 legendaries and about 6 rare holos now.
    There are average ratios but they are different for each set. If you ask about a specific set then I can tell you. As for Call of Legends, shinies are 2-3 per box (but nearly always 2) and foil basic energy are 1-3 per box. Holo rares still have the usual 1/3 pack ratio.
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

  2. #727
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mckinney, Texas
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Thanks skittyonwailord! that helps a lot so im sorta lucky I got 2 shinies in only 17 card packs I assume. Also, today I got a lucario, groudon, and jirachi holo from call of legends. Another question are call of legend legendaries good for playing or just collecting? (I might consider playing again)


    ~Bless Japan

  3. #728
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiningmilotic View Post
    Thanks skittyonwailord! that helps a lot so im sorta lucky I got 2 shinies in only 17 card packs I assume. Also, today I got a lucario, groudon, and jirachi holo from call of legends. Another question are call of legend legendaries good for playing or just collecting? (I might consider playing again)
    Palkia, Suicune and Entei are pretty good. The rest are pretty bad. And Dialga is complete garbage.
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

  4. #729
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mckinney, Texas
    Posts
    59

    Default

    what happends if you run outta cards in your hand during the end of your turn but you still have cards in your deck?

    *this just happened to me for the first time and im still learning.


    ~Bless Japan

  5. #730
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiningmilotic View Post
    what happends if you run outta cards in your hand during the end of your turn but you still have cards in your deck?

    *this just happened to me for the first time and im still learning.
    In that case you would hope that you draw something next turn that will help you.
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

  6. #731
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some mountain in kanto
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skitty's!!!!! on wailords'!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiningmilotic
    what happends if you run outta cards in your hand during the end of your turn but you still have cards in your deck?

    *this just happened to me for the first time and im still learning.
    In that case you would hope that you draw something next turn that will help you.
    Thats pretty much it, play and hope for the best lol. The best way to avoid these scenarios from happening is by putting in more cards to increase your draw rate and the synergy of your deck, cards like copycat, judge, volkner's, Cynthia's guidance, prof oaks new theory, prof juniper, etc, cards like that that allow you to either draw a bunch of new cards from your deck or put cards back in your deck for a whole new hand to increase the chances of getting the cards you need while having access to those cards that would have been useful in another way. peace
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

  7. #732
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mckinney, Texas
    Posts
    59

    Default

    aahh thanks I wasnt sure what to do if my hand was empty. Also, I wonder if there have been any double battles with the trading cards I am gonna try that out nxt time I play with my bf.


    ~Bless Japan

  8. #733
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Ok, first post here, my friend and I play unlimited format Pokemon, we use all our cards and have about 176 decks between us. We just had a situation where we weren't sure what to do.

    I had a fire-type delta species Swellow up (from EX Dragon Frontiers) and I was against a Vaporeon EX (from EX Delta Species)

    I hit her with agility and got a heads, meaning that Swellow can prevent all effects of an attack, including damage during my opponent's next turn. She then used Vaporeon EX's fastwave attack, which does 40 damage, and it isn't affected by any effects on the defending Pokemon.

    Does my agility stop her from being able to do fastwave? Or does she still hit me? Thanks in advance.

  9. #734
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Question Is My trade Fair? (please help)

    Hello, im trading with one of my friends, i have a mewtwo lv x promo card, and i want to trade for a raichu prime card. is that fair, do i have the advantage?

    thanks for your help and your time.

  10. #735
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keenus View Post
    Ok, first post here, my friend and I play unlimited format Pokemon, we use all our cards and have about 176 decks between us. We just had a situation where we weren't sure what to do.

    I had a fire-type delta species Swellow up (from EX Dragon Frontiers) and I was against a Vaporeon EX (from EX Delta Species)

    I hit her with agility and got a heads, meaning that Swellow can prevent all effects of an attack, including damage during my opponent's next turn. She then used Vaporeon EX's fastwave attack, which does 40 damage, and it isn't affected by any effects on the defending Pokemon.

    Does my agility stop her from being able to do fastwave? Or does she still hit me? Thanks in advance.
    In that case then Fastwave would go through Agility.
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

  11. #736
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Thanks for the response,

  12. #737
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Sorry didn't notice this thread before so posted a new one :S


    Quote Originally Posted by shiny ditto View Post
    Hey,

    So, I remember collecting Pokemon cards as a child (although never actually playing with them) but stopped quite a while ago while continuing to play the games. A friend of mine is trying to get me back into Pokemon games, including the TCG and I'm interested in doing so...
    I've been taught the basics on how to play by him and we plan on hopefully joining a club which play on Saturday mornings for games and for tournaments (It's pretty much the only one in NZ). We'll start going in a couple of months as we currently have other things on and won't be able to commit yet, but I plan on trying to make a deck and practicing until then but I have a few questions before doing so...

    Are there any special competitive rules different to those in the booklets which you get with the Theme Decks?
    I saw a post somewhere giving links to a couple of decks used in tournaments, but then the person said that they can no longer be used. Do decks that have been used in tournaments later get banned to prevent copying or do certain cards expire? (This one was mentioned: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/LuxChomp) NVM, learnt about Rotations now
    ^ Why can't you use them otherwise and do those rules only apply for tournaments?
    Is there any point in buying bulk used cards?
    Does that mean that I'm not able to use my old cards (mainly consisting of pokemon from the original few packs and a couple from the second generation)? I presume not
    What is the general layout of a deck? I see some decks with only 10 or so energy cards in it, shouldn't you have more or is doing that ok when paired up with certain trainer cards.
    Would you recommend having two types of pokemon in your deck or just sticking to one type / element?
    To those who stick to one type of pokemon, how do you counter cards which you are weak against?
    I've seen cards with the delta symbol on them, as well as letters such as 'C', 'fb' and other things on them. I know that they have different moves on them but is there anything really special about them? Are they generally better than the normal versions of the card?
    What are the main things to consider when making a deck?
    For pokemon which evolve, how many of each of them would you need? I've seen some people go 3-3-3 as well as 4-3-1/2... What are the advantages / disadvantages? Is it better to have plenty of base pokemon so that your bench pokemon always have things (but lower the chance of finding your final evolution) or to even it out and use trainer cards to find them?
    Can you unevolve pokemon / are there any cards to do that? Mainly saying this because I'm looking at some of the Level X card Pokepowers... I have that Promo Mew that has a move which allows you to do this but I presume you can't use it anymore?
    In terms of making a deck, should I buy any theme decks and work from there or just buy booster packs?

    and... A bit off topic but is that thread that allows you to request a name change still around? Haven't been on here in a bit but since this I've changed the name which I use on forums :S

    Any help is appreciated and if I come across any other questions I'll post them here. Sorry if they sound really stupid...
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Raro; 2nd May 2011 at 12:37 AM.




    .:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

    Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

  13. #738
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hey all,

    Im getting back into the tcg after 16 or so years of not buying or playing and i was wondering if anyone knew of any pokemon tcg distributors (websites) that ship internationally, im discovered theres little to no stores in my general vicinity and the websites i have found have made me a little dubious on if i want to purchase from them (failure to provide information after emailing them etc)

    the other reason for wanting to find out the sites is because im trusting you all could vouch for them and basically the USA and UK get more sets then here in Australia.

    thanks for your time and i apologise if this is in the wrong thread

    Mitch.
    ~Pokemon White Australian user~
    FC: Mitzeh -{ 0905-2334-0013 }-

    Youtube channel
    PotionhorderAu <-- newbie at youtube-ing :P

  14. #739
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzeh View Post
    Hey all,

    Im getting back into the tcg after 16 or so years of not buying or playing and i was wondering if anyone knew of any pokemon tcg distributors (websites) that ship internationally, im discovered theres little to no stores in my general vicinity and the websites i have found have made me a little dubious on if i want to purchase from them (failure to provide information after emailing them etc)

    the other reason for wanting to find out the sites is because im trusting you all could vouch for them and basically the USA and UK get more sets then here in Australia.

    thanks for your time and i apologise if this is in the wrong thread

    Mitch.
    Have you checked Toys'R'Us or EB Games?
    Otherwise try www.poketard.com. It's an Online NZ store (well they sponsor the League here) and they have the option to change to AUD and heaps of other currencies. Considering that you're only in Australia it should be too much more expensive to ship items and they have the cheapest prices that I've seen anywhere (in NZ) + a small discount when you buy 3.
    If you have a NZ TradeMe account you can buy boxes of Booster Packs from them as well
    In terms of e-mailing, I e-mailed one of them and got a reply back within 3 days (about a week ago) so feel free to give it a try

    If I'm not allowed to advertise websites here then if a Mod could please notify me and remove it.

    Hope i helped.
    Last edited by Raro; 4th May 2011 at 9:23 AM.




    .:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

    Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

  15. #740
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shiny ditto View Post
    Have you checked Toys'R'Us or EB Games?
    Otherwise try www.poketard.com. It's an Online NZ store (well they sponsor the League here) and they have the option to change to AUD and heaps of other currencies. Considering that you're only in Australia it should be too much more expensive to ship items and they have the cheapest prices that I've seen anywhere (in NZ) + a small discount when you buy 3.
    If you have a NZ TradeMe account you can buy boxes of Booster Packs from them as well

    If I'm not allowed to advertise websites here then if a Mod could please notify me and remove it.

    Hope i helped.
    truthfully i've never seen pokemon cards at an ebgames store as for toys 'r' us its too far away for me to get to

    thanks for the link i'll check it out ^_^ (i've gotten addicted to watching booster box openings on youtube ROFL)
    ~Pokemon White Australian user~
    FC: Mitzeh -{ 0905-2334-0013 }-

    Youtube channel
    PotionhorderAu <-- newbie at youtube-ing :P

  16. #741
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzeh View Post
    truthfully i've never seen pokemon cards at an ebgames store as for toys 'r' us its too far away for me to get to

    thanks for the link i'll check it out ^_^ (i've gotten addicted to watching booster box openings on youtube ROFL)
    Glad that I could help




    .:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

    Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

  17. #742
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hey all me again, I am thinking of buying a booster box and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

    is there a good set everyone likes?
    im steering clear of the B&W booster box as the packs and theme decks are pretty common in my area now do i'll just get them every now and then.

    thanks for your time
    ~Pokemon White Australian user~
    FC: Mitzeh -{ 0905-2334-0013 }-

    Youtube channel
    PotionhorderAu <-- newbie at youtube-ing :P

  18. #743
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzeh View Post
    Hey all me again, I am thinking of buying a booster box and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

    is there a good set everyone likes?
    im steering clear of the B&W booster box as the packs and theme decks are pretty common in my area now do i'll just get them every now and then.

    thanks for your time
    Well the next rotation will be HG/SS-on so I wouldn't recommend getting anything older than that if you want to play with them in leagues or tournaments. Other than that it just depends on what you're looking for.
    If you want good Pokemon then I would recommend Triumphant (and my overall recommendation).
    If you want good trainers and supporters then I would recommend HG/SS.
    Or if you want overall good cards that are pretty much just reprints of other HG/SS cards, as well as alot of legendaries then I would recommend Call of Legends.
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

  19. #744
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Well the next rotation will be HG/SS-on so I wouldn't recommend getting anything older than that if you want to play with them in leagues or tournaments. Other than that it just depends on what you're looking for.
    If you want good Pokemon then I would recommend Triumphant (and my overall recommendation).
    If you want good trainers and supporters then I would recommend HG/SS.
    Or if you want overall good cards that are pretty much just reprints of other HG/SS cards, as well as alot of legendaries then I would recommend Call of Legends.
    thanks for the feedback

    unfortunately leagues/tornaments are practically non existant here in australia (at least near me)

    so its mainly for collecting purposes (im new to all sets after gym challenge haha)

    i've gotten some theme decks from undaunted and so far its been pretty cool
    i'll have a look around for a triumphant/hdss/call of legends boxes and see if i can afford one of them
    ~Pokemon White Australian user~
    FC: Mitzeh -{ 0905-2334-0013 }-

    Youtube channel
    PotionhorderAu <-- newbie at youtube-ing :P

  20. #745
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London baby...
    Posts
    202

    Default

    So I'm getting back into cards after a big old break.

    Bought up a decent wodge of B&W cards, as well as picking up the Umbreon deck and tweaking it a bit.

    Are there any good leagues/clubs playing in the London area? I checked out the main site and there was a few bits listed, but wondered if anyone here is playing in any of them and could recommend.

    Found out my buddy's dad went to a pre-release event the other week on the sly (bearing in mind we are in our late 20's). Wish he had let us know as I would have tagged along for sure.

  21. #746
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hey all me again :P

    i was wondering what kind of toploaders should i get for pokemon cards
    i find alot of websites selling ultra pro toploaders but they have some kind of system using pt(?) and i'd like to get the right ones
    does anyone know what size i should be getting? the site has toploaders from 35pt to 130pt

    this is getting confusing as i want to get a packet or 2 so i can protect my rares better :S
    ~Pokemon White Australian user~
    FC: Mitzeh -{ 0905-2334-0013 }-

    Youtube channel
    PotionhorderAu <-- newbie at youtube-ing :P

  22. #747
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Well the next rotation will be HG/SS-on so I wouldn't recommend getting anything older than that if you want to play with them in leagues or tournaments. Other than that it just depends on what you're looking for.
    If you want good Pokemon then I would recommend Triumphant (and my overall recommendation).
    If you want good trainers and supporters then I would recommend HG/SS.
    Or if you want overall good cards that are pretty much just reprints of other HG/SS cards, as well as alot of legendaries then I would recommend Call of Legends.
    Would you stick with the same recommendations if Black and White packs were included / what are your thoughts about them? I want to try get back into the game and am intersted in buying a booster box to save a bit of money.
    Unleashed looks pretty cool on http://pokebeach.com/2010/10/all-hs-triumphant-scans but would I then buy other packs to try and get the support / trainers / energies and other pokemon which I needed?
    What would be good for over all good cards which you can make most of a deck out of (still Call of Legends?) as I won't have any energies and trainers which I can use because my only cards are from the original sets from 1st / 2nd generation.

    And some general stuff...
    What is the general layout of a deck? I see some decks with only 10 or so energy cards in it, shouldn't you have more or is doing that ok when paired up with certain trainer cards.
    Would you recommend having two types of pokemon in your deck or just sticking to one type / element?
    To those who stick to one type of pokemon, how do you counter cards which you are weak against?
    What are the main things to consider when making a deck?
    For pokemon which evolve, how many of each of them would you need? I've seen some people go 3-3-3 as well as 4-3-1/2... What are the advantages / disadvantages? Is it better to have plenty of base pokemon so that your bench pokemon always have things (but lower the chance of finding your final evolution) or to even it out and use trainer cards to find them?
    In terms of making a deck, should I buy any theme decks and work from there or just buy booster packs?




    .:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

    Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

  23. #748
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom, EU
    Posts
    234

    Default

    is there a limit to the amount of legendaries there can be in a deck my friend always uses them against me and i choose not to use them as i find them very nooby + is there a banlist for pokemon cards

  24. #749
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uberheracross View Post
    is there a limit to the amount of legendaries there can be in a deck my friend always uses them against me and i choose not to use them as i find them very nooby + is there a banlist for pokemon cards
    No there is not, unless the card specificly says there's a limit (usually for older shining pokemon). There is a rule though that you may only have 4 of the same card in a deck. This goes for any monster card, not trainers, stadiums, energy, ect. So you could have 5 different Rayquaza in a deck, not 5 of the same. Also, I don't think there are any banned cards besides _______'s Pikachu. WotC did ban a certain Sneasel and Slowking card along w/ Ancient Mew for use during their tournaments.
    Last edited by Kelz; 17th May 2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling error

    TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon


    3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

  25. #750
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keldeo 647 View Post
    No there is not, unless the card specificly says there's a limit (usually for older shining pokemon). There is a rule though that you may only have 4 of the same card in a deck. This goes for any monster card, not trainers, stadiums, energy, ect. So you could have 5 different Rayquaza in a deck, not 5 of the same. Also, I don't think there are any banned cards besides _______'s Pikachu. WotC did ban a certain Sneasel and Slowking card along w/ Ancient Mew for use during their tournaments.
    Incorrect. You can only have 4 of any card with the same name, wether it's a Pokemon or a trainer. Though you can have as many basic energy as you want. As an example of this, you can have 4 Rayquaza and 4 Rayquaza C because they have different names, but you can't have 8 or any one of those.

    And since Nintendo took over, the ban on _______'s Pikachu, Neo Sneasel and Neo Slowking has been lifted. You can use them as much as you want in Unlimited games.
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •