Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1160

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Where can I get boosters/decks/blisters for a cheaper price? Like is there a kind of product where you can buy a very large amount of cards, but it doesn't cost as much as if I where to buy X number of booster packs?

For some reason "t i n y p i c" is censored.

Yeah singles, you get what you want and it's cheaper then buying the above mentioned.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by MegaCameruptFTW View Post
    Where can I get boosters/decks/blisters for a cheaper price? Like is there a kind of product where you can buy a very large amount of cards, but it doesn't cost as much as if I where to buy X number of booster packs?
    I've seen boosters on Ebay for $2.75 each with free shipping. You aren't going to find anything much cheaper than that unless it's fake.
    My friend code is: 3282 3037 3656
    Name: Chica

My Friend Safari:
    Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt and Gastrodon.

I LOVE Meowth!

My husband has gotten into pokemon tcg (not online) and he has a few questions that we can't seem to find.

Say you have a pokemon ex with the say name as a regular pokemon, say yveltal and yveltal ex, how many can you have together? Or is it separate because of the ex part?

How many cards are in a deck? He thinks it's 60.

How many poekmon, trainers, energy, etc can you have?
    FC: 2122 9000 7309 Chihiro

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyudraco View Post
    My husband has gotten into pokemon tcg (not online) and he has a few questions that we can't seem to find.

Say you have a pokemon ex with the say name as a regular pokemon, say yveltal and yveltal ex, how many can you have together? Or is it separate because of the ex part?

How many cards are in a deck? He thinks it's 60.

How many poekmon, trainers, energy, etc can you have?
    You can have 4 of each card in a deck (with as many basic energy cards as you want). That's based on its exact name. So you can have 4 Yveltal and 4 Yveltal EX in your deck.

A Pokemon deck is exactly 60 cards.

You can have as many Pokemon, trainers and energy as you want as long as you follow the rules above. And a deck needs to have at least 1 basic Pokemon in it.
    なにがでるかな!?

Frost! Fire! Fan! Wash! Mow! By your powers combined, I am Captain Rotom!

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    You can have 4 of each card in a deck (with as many basic energy cards as you want). That's based on its exact name. So you can have 4 Yveltal and 4 Yveltal EX in your deck.

A Pokemon deck is exactly 60 cards.

You can have as many Pokemon, trainers and energy as you want as long as you follow the rules above. And a deck needs to have at least 1 basic Pokemon in it.
    Thank you
    FC: 2122 9000 7309 Chihiro

1.) I was looking at M Charizard EX 69/106 on ebay and the prices seemed to be either around $50 or around $200-300 not much in between but as far as I could tell they were the same card. Is there a reason for that like difference in who is selling them? I take it if you get it checked or rated on condition you can charge more. And I did not see very many but I would guess that the secret rare 108 would go for more but it did not seem that way. But I take it that it values at about $50. I was just trying to get a value on some of my cards I am not really looking at buying selling. I am just curious as to why some are $300

2.) I have had bad luck with the booster packs you get in tins/EX boxes the ones you get with promos. it may be just me but out of about 40 booster packs I got about 6 halos one of them was an EX I think the first 10-12 packs I did not get any halos. And seemed about half the time out of 4 packs I would not get any halos. I have bought about 10 tins and maybe 10 EX gift boxes total. I am kind of deterred from buying any more. Is it just me or is that how it usually is?
    Friend code: 5043-1965-9548

Quote Originally Posted by Link1482 View Post
    1.) I was looking at M Charizard EX 69/106 on ebay and the prices seemed to be either around $50 or around $200-300 not much in between but as far as I could tell they were the same card. Is there a reason for that like difference in who is selling them? I take it if you get it checked or rated on condition you can charge more. And I did not see very many but I would guess that the secret rare 108 would go for more but it did not seem that way. But I take it that it values at about $50. I was just trying to get a value on some of my cards I am not really looking at buying selling. I am just curious as to why some are $300

2.) I have had bad luck with the booster packs you get in tins/EX boxes the ones you get with promos. it may be just me but out of about 40 booster packs I got about 6 halos one of them was an EX I think the first 10-12 packs I did not get any halos. And seemed about half the time out of 4 packs I would not get any halos. I have bought about 10 tins and maybe 10 EX gift boxes total. I am kind of deterred from buying any more. Is it just me or is that how it usually is?
    1st: Are you looking at sold listings or just the ones that haven't sold? You can put any price you want for an item you're selling on ebay, that doesn't mean it'll sell or be worth that. I could put a toothpick on there and start the bid at $1,000,000 for it.

2nd: I tend to get bad luck on tins too. I've bought at least one of each tin that's been made and I've got around 6 EX/Lv.X total. But then again some of my friends get 1-2 per tin so idk. :/
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

1. No I was looking at the buy it now prices and not the ones you bid on.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1482 View Post
    1. No I was looking at the buy it now prices and not the ones you bid on.
    That's the problem then. When checking ebay to see how much something is going for, only check the ones that have actually sold. Buy it now or bidding prices don't matter if they haven't actually sold at those prices.
    なにがでるかな!?

I had 5 packs of plasma blast and got an EX from one of those 5 and I decided to buy a booster box. turns out I only got 2 EX pokemon from the booster box and 1 of them was the one I already had. I felt kind of ripped off. From what I read it looks like it's possible to get no EX from plasma blast booster boxes.

What are the pull rates for EX pokemon in booster boxes? And if the pull rate is different for different expansion packs which expansions have lower pull rates?

When you say booster boxes, do you mean the Plasma Blast Elite Trainer Box, or a box of 36 individual booster packs?

If it's the latter, I think you should be getting around 5 Ultra/Secret Rares per box, with about as many normal holo cards. If it's the Elite Trainer Box, I'm not sure what expected rates are.
    Claimed
    My self-obtained Shinies:

VG status: Shiny Hunter (see my collection above), also trying to collect all Friend Safaris (see mine below)
    ~ My Friend Safari is Fighting. , , ~
    ~ Safaris I'm looking for ~
    SPPf status: Active

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    When you say booster boxes, do you mean the Plasma Blast Elite Trainer Box, or a box of 36 individual booster packs?

If it's the latter, I think you should be getting around 5 Ultra/Secret Rares per box, with about as many normal holo cards. If it's the Elite Trainer Box, I'm not sure what expected rates are.
    Elite Trainer Boxes are random packs, so some have 2-3 EX/UR, and some have none, and some have 1-2 etc. Random for those.

biatch im fabulous

If anyone has extra tcg online codes i would greatly appreciate it. My fiance is trying to build his online deck and needs help.

Also if anyone can help him out instead and give him a few exs etc, his username is xxsiesmitoadxx
    Last edited by HollowGengar; 17th January 2016 at 7:43 AM.

I was talking about the 36 booster pack box out of 36 boosters I got only 2 EX. It was sealed. I was hoping for 4-5 EX pokemon. But when you said elite trainer box you mean the one that comes with 8 booster packs right? I have a few of those have not had much luck with those either
    Last edited by Link1482; 25th January 2016 at 8:56 PM.

I am wanting to get into the TCG but have no clue where to start. Unlike a lot of TCG's, this is one I have no knowledge of outside of the old gameboy color game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrave View Post
    I am wanting to get into the TCG but have no clue where to start. Unlike a lot of TCG's, this is one I have no knowledge of outside of the old gameboy color game.
    Honestly, a good place to start is to just flat out buy one of the theme decks. It helps a lot in giving you a solid idea of how to play and the very basics of deck building, and you can expand from there. For a more complete deck experience, buy one of the World Championship Decks to get a feel for how a competitive deck is built and plays, and find your balance. I'm personally more for the fun side of things, so I haven't been trying to build something to win tournaments, just to play with a friend.
    FC: 2621-2699-6227
    Ingame Name: Oynezra

Hello everyone, i just recently got into the Pokemon tcg, and apparently my deck was not legal for the hometown duel shop tourney, and they should me way, but my question is, is there a list of what cards are standard? and which cards are expanded? its hard to find an exact list and i have looked. thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Super Saiyan View Post
    Hello everyone, i just recently got into the Pokemon tcg, and apparently my deck was not legal for the hometown duel shop tourney, and they should me way, but my question is, is there a list of what cards are standard? and which cards are expanded? its hard to find an exact list and i have looked. thank you in advance
    There's a list of what sets are legal here.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...posting-a-deck

Also note that any set or promos become legal 3 weeks after they're released.
    なにがでるかな!?

Hey guys. I went to a store here in Portugal and a booster with 5 cards costs 4€. I was in shock because I saw people opening boosters on Youtube and they usualy open 7+ cards for 3 dollars, wth? How can I possible make a collection here in Portugal where the minimum wage is 500€ and 5 cards cost 4€, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me where can I find a good site to buy boosters and cards, I rather buy boosters so I can open it(thats the fun part right?) than buying single cards.

What do the hearts and flowers on the left side of some cards mean?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokémonRedMoon View Post
    What do the hearts and flowers on the left side of some cards mean?

thanks
    I believe these are only found in the new Generations set (the set whose packs come in the Monthly Mythicals collection boxes).

I think it signifies that the cards are part of the Generations' Radiant Collection set.
    Claimed
    My self-obtained Shinies:

VG status: Shiny Hunter (see my collection above), also trying to collect all Friend Safaris (see mine below)
    ~ My Friend Safari is Fighting. , , ~
    ~ Safaris I'm looking for ~
    SPPf status: Active

I have some extra codes for themed decks on Pokemon TCG Online if anyone wants them let me know I'll send them to you

Burning Winds
    Bolt Twister
    Resilient Life
    Destruction Rush
    Enchanted Echo
    Ocean's Core

And I'll have more at some point
    Last edited by Link1482; 5th March 2016 at 11:20 AM.

I want to build a deck, what expansions can I use? Can I use generations cards?
    Last edited by PokémonRedMoon; 8th March 2016 at 1:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokémonRedMoon View Post
    Can I use generations cards?
    I don't see why you couldn't. Those cards should be perfectly fine to use.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast