Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
Results 1,151 to 1,159 of 1159

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Hello All,

I'm new to the site and I couldn't find a location for TCG online game posting. I was opening some packs for fun from codes that I had and I received a "ultra rare card". I can't seem to find the price of this card and when I put it up for trade I immediately got spammed with trade request regarding the card.

The card is a "Latios-EX 113/116 from Plasma Freeze)" this set was discontinued in 2013.

Please help as I am unable to determine the right price for this card and it's usefulness.

Thank you,

Ronny

Does anyone know of anywhere that you can find TCG art, but in a higher resolution so you can use it as a desktop background without it being distorted too much?

I did a bit of googling and did come across a Tumblr with quite a few, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else that might have some?

I know this isn't technically about the TCG so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I couldn't think where else to post.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.

So if I wanted to get back into the Pokemon TCG (after ~20 years of not playing it) where is a good place to learn how things work?

So far I have watched J-Witz's videos on the basics of the game that are on Youtube but I have no idea what cards are 'good'. Is there a site that has cards listed like Gatherer has for Magic the Gathering, a massive index of every card ever produced that can be sorted by multiple criteria?
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

I have 2 charizard generations cards. The one with the adult trainer aside charizrd while in a blizzard. One card has thicker text on the Height and weight section, and the colors between the two are slightly off. One charizard is a little lighter than the other. Also, one of the trainer's coats seems to be a darker shade. Maybe it my eyes playing tricks on me? But I'm almost positive I got sold a fake. I actually got the card in the mail on the same day I pulled the "real" card from a pack. So, I guess my question is, do cards have inconsistencies like this? Or did I get a fake from the seller...
    Last edited by isaacswolf2112; 21st July 2016 at 7:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyraccoon View Post
    Hello All,

I'm new to the site and I couldn't find a location for TCG online game posting. I was opening some packs for fun from codes that I had and I received a "ultra rare card". I can't seem to find the price of this card and when I put it up for trade I immediately got spammed with trade request regarding the card.

The card is a "Latios-EX 113/116 from Plasma Freeze)" this set was discontinued in 2013.

Please help as I am unable to determine the right price for this card and it's usefulness.

Thank you,

Ronny
    Around $8-$10

Hi everyone. I have some old pokemon cards I found, mostly mint condition, in my basement. They are really old, like between 1999-2001. I have easily over 200 cards, but maybe 15 of them are the rare holographic. I was wondering, do you guys recommend I sell the cards on ebay? Or should I look for a card collector in my local area? I'm not sure which is the best option. I'm hoping someone can tell me which one is the better option. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangobadass View Post
    P is for priceless, the look upon your faces.
    E is for extinction, all your puny races
    R for revolution, which will be televised
    F is for how f***ed you are, now allow me to repriiise
    E is for eccentric, just listen to my song
    C is for completion that I've waited for so long
    T is for the terror, upon you I'll bestow

Hmhmhm. My name is Perfect Zygarde, and I'd like to say....

.....Hello.
    After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    Hi everyone. I have some old pokemon cards I found, mostly mint condition, in my basement. They are really old, like between 1999-2001. I have easily over 200 cards, but maybe 15 of them are the rare holographic. I was wondering, do you guys recommend I sell the cards on ebay? Or should I look for a card collector in my local area? I'm not sure which is the best option. I'm hoping someone can tell me which one is the better option. Thanks in advance for the help.
    That's completely dependent on how much effort you want to put into selling them, really.

Hihi, Long time since I actually posted anything again, but. . .

Got called out of bed today by a few friends,
    according to them "Trainer Bill" Base/2nd were selling for 300$$(Ebay),
    They themselves don't actually do anything in Pokémon nor the TCG.

So I did some browsing and can't really find a reason for the ridiculous price,
    *Regular Card Shops are still selling at price ranges of somewhere under a Buck.
    *Value doesn't really seem to be Directly related to the Condition
    *No real Description of supposed rarity stated anywhere besides "rare hard to come by/ out of print"
    *Most if not all Bill posts are fairly recent.
    *Even "Marktplaats" (Dutch Used Resale Online) is showing some signs of the supposed ?value rise?
    People Selling Stacks of Old cards, but singling out the Bill Card.

Is this some new trend/after effect of the Pokémon GO craze?
    Or some Black Market Scam/Cover Up?

I know I may be going a bit overboard about this,
    but I just want to be able to lay this to rest
    Last edited by anjuju; 17th August 2016 at 4:10 PM. Reason: Donno
    : 3954 7977 4907 (Complete)
    : 2838 1005 3704 (Complete)
    : to be continued
    : to be continued (Mission Progress 90%)
    : to be continued (Mission Progress 51%)
    : 0604 8963 9273 (Mission Progress 74%)
    : 1163 2421 3573 (Mission Progress 74%)

Find me on http://anjuju.chatango.com/

Quote Originally Posted by anjuju View Post
    Hihi, Long time since I actually posted anything again, but. . .

Got called out of bed today by a few friends,
    according to them "Trainer Bill" Base/2nd were selling for 300$$(Ebay),
    They themselves don't actually do anything in Pokémon nor the TCG.

So I did some browsing and can't really find a reason for the ridiculous price,
    *Regular Card Shops are still selling at price ranges of somewhere under a Buck.
    *Value doesn't really seem to be Directly related to the Condition
    *No real Description of supposed rarity stated anywhere besides "rare hard to come by/ out of print"
    *Most if not all Bill posts are fairly recent.
    *Even "Marktplaats" (Dutch Used Resale Online) is showing some signs of the supposed ?value rise?
    People Selling Stacks of Old cards, but singling out the Bill Card.

Is this some new trend/after effect of the Pokémon GO craze?
    Or some Black Market Scam/Cover Up?

I know I may be going a bit overboard about this,
    but I just want to be able to lay this to rest

So, basically, someone (or several someones, not sure where the vids came from) thought it'd be funny and posted some troll videos on social media stating the values of several cards to be way higher than they actually are, and the listing prices on eBay are still absurdly high because at least one of those videos claimed the Bill card was over $3000, which, despite being an obvious troll to those in the know, still roped in a lot of naive people, and those listing prices are the aftershocks of all those people who brought that troll's bait.

It's quite frankly annoying as a long-time collector that all of these new collectors got taken for a ride by a couple troll videos. The only card that I've seen in said videos that was actually worth anywhere near what the videos claimed is the Pikachu Illustrator card.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647