Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 1,076 to 1,093 of 1093

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

pengiun@ could be a miss print, I haven't seen that before the lines one is the actual version (as far as I know).
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite.

image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by BtmnPenguin2 View Post
    Attachment 12582

There's the image. Hope it works. Side by side, same card, just different type of holographic. Thanks for the answers above. Lots of detail; I didn't realize there were so many different versions of the later cards!
    The Zapdos on the left is an alternate foil promo (technically a promo since you can't get it in a pack). It and a few others can be found in a blister pack with it and a pack(s).
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by pokefangirl_21 View Post
    the shadowless staryu 65/102 is it a fake card or real?
    If that staryu's card no. doesn't match any of those listed here, it's fake, but it is listed in here, so unless it has off-and-mixed coloring on card bottom that does not appear in authentic versions of that same card, it(shadowless staryu) is real.

...And I have a question regarding the near-future rotation. They say that if Boundaries Crossed is the last set to be rotated out of standard come this august(when rotations usually happen), and the tcg becomes Plasma Storm-on, then skyla's absence of a reprint since BC outside of japan(it was in plasma gale, which is the Japanese version of plasma storm) could affect many decks that depend on her. But do you know of any other important cards that could bite the dust if BC is rotated out come next rotation time?
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

Quote Originally Posted by gregjammer View Post
    ...And I have a question regarding the near-future rotation. They say that if Boundaries Crossed is the last set to be rotated out of standard come this august(when rotations usually happen), and the tcg becomes Plasma Storm-on, then skyla's absence of a reprint since BC outside of japan(it was in plasma gale, which is the Japanese version of plasma storm) could affect many decks that depend on her. But do you know of any other important cards that could bite the dust if BC is rotated out come next rotation time?
    Computer Search! I mean, I suppose it could have been included in another set after BC and I just missed it. Anyway, the ability to search for any one card is really useful.

I think there are more, but not anything I can think of at the moment.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

^ I wouldn't consider rotation hype as an actual question but sure.

Bigger then computer search is the loss of N, computer search isn't that much of a staple as opposed to the loss of N probably darkrai (sableye and dark patch).

However there will be a new format starting up in September after rotation known as extended it will feature sets from black and white to current, so if you would like to still keep on playing in a format that has the option of having cards like N, skyla, computer search, dark patch, sableye, dynamotor, etc.
    I claimed magnemite.

image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    ^ I wouldn't consider rotation hype as an actual question but sure.

Bigger then computer search is the loss of N, computer search isn't that much of a staple as opposed to the loss of N probably darkrai (sableye and dark patch).

However there will be a new format starting up in September after rotation known as extended it will feature sets from black and white to current, so if you would like to still keep on playing in a format that has the option of having cards like N, skyla, computer search, dark patch, sableye, dynamotor, etc.
    I strongly doubt N will rotate out since it's black star promo BW100. That would be a pretty big hit on the promo cards if it did.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

They allow league promos to keep cards in rotation? (I don't recall them doing this in the past).
    I claimed magnemite.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    They allow league promos to keep cards in rotation? (I don't recall them doing this in the past).

The league N is different. It's the only one that's actually a black star promo and not just a different foil version of a card from a normal set.
    なにがでるかな!?

Question: Do the 2014/current McDonalds Pokemon Promotion "toys" come with CCG Online codes like previous toys did?

If so, I might have to go to McDonalds. If not, not.

Thanks!
    Pearl FC: 3911 2948 7526 (G4 Trading FC)
    SS2 FC: 1076 5964 1610 (G4 Battle FC)
    White FC: 1334 7033 2830 (G5 Trading FC)
    Black FC: 3052 6866 4059 (G5 Battle FC)

Have:
    Dream World Events:
    Chimchar, Arceus x 2
    List of Dream World Females I have:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...95&postcount=1

Want:
    1. Any DW Event Pokemon I do not have.
    2. Any DW Female I do not have
    3. Any RNGed/flawless IV DW pokemon.

If you do not know what IVs are, read up: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/IVs

If the code card existed it would be like promo codes (so for that specific card).
    I claimed magnemite.

I got one, there's no code, just a foil card and a terrible "toy"... :/
    Pearl FC: 3911 2948 7526 (G4 Trading FC)
    SS2 FC: 1076 5964 1610 (G4 Battle FC)
    White FC: 1334 7033 2830 (G5 Trading FC)
    Black FC: 3052 6866 4059 (G5 Battle FC)

Have:
    Dream World Events:
    Chimchar, Arceus x 2
    List of Dream World Females I have:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...95&postcount=1

Want:
    1. Any DW Event Pokemon I do not have.
    2. Any DW Female I do not have
    3. Any RNGed/flawless IV DW pokemon.

If you do not know what IVs are, read up: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/IVs

Does anyone know when the Kalos Power Tins are going to be released? I mean, according to some sites it's in June, but if anyone here knows a more precise date, I'd like to know it.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

I have a lopunny card with the ability Big Jump. It says once during my turn, I can put lopunny and all cards attached to it in my hand. If I did that, would all damage from him be removed?

^ when things go back to your hand all effects, conditions and dmg are negated.
    I claimed magnemite.

Hi

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this but thought I would put it here.

I am wanting to start collecting the cards, not battle. However I am wondering what the point in a booster box is if you can buy complete sets for cheaper? You can buy a booster box and still not have all the cards from the set. If you need certain cards for battling why not just buy them individually?

I want to buy a booster box, but don't see the point because complete sets are being sold for cheaper.

By sets I am talking about Flashfire, Fossil, Jungle etc.

Please explain and thank you in advance.

Edit: Prime example is this listing on Ebay..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Full...item2c85fb670c

Base Set, Jungle, Fossil + Rocket. Also 1st edition. You would pay more for the boxes than you would for the set there.

I don't understand why you would want to buy a booster box unless you got it very very cheap?
    Last edited by FinchReese; 27th June 2014 at 1:24 PM. Reason: Added inforation

I play competitively, I booster boxes for 1 of many reasons, first you don't know when a new deck that someone makes or you would like to try arises, buying 2-3 boxes gives you that choice, after that you will have to buy mainly and only EX's and uber rares other then that after 2 boxes you get a full set, by 3 you get multiples of everything. If sets like furious fist, which has a 1-20 card format factor of cards being made into any kind of playable deck, or has a low count on pokemon cards being good it is not worth it.

Are booster boxes worth it, considering that in a booster box most usually you are guaranteed at least 3 EX's and 1 ultra rare plus all of the decent pokemon cards up the value and you end up making more then you would end up spending more if you bought the same amount in pokemon singles, however trainers are a lot cheaper in relativity to the fact and again a set like furious fist, where the trainer cards will be the most valuable cards from the set save 2 EX's doesn't make it that worth while to buy a box.

So to recap, buying 2 boxes generally buys you a play set, but it is not 100%, buying a set of singles for a set could amount to a box, where as jungle, base set and fossil are concerned yes they are, but those booster boxes are hard to re-print and that is why they are worth so much.
    I claimed magnemite.

where can you get a mega charizard x card? like is there a booster box or tin that automatically contains mega charizard x?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

There is a booster box that has charizard EX, There will be venasuar, charizard and blastoise EX fall tins but no megas. Your best bet would be to buy it online.
    I claimed magnemite.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344