Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
Results 1,101 to 1,106 of 1106

Thread: Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Hello, I think this is the correct forum, but I have recently gotten back into collecting and battling, and have been out of the game since early 2001, and so I am just curious as I have gotten some of the Furious Fists boosters and some themed decks and are wondering how do you know what is and is not legal in tournaments since my BF and I have wanted to join in some. We recently got the Destruction Rush (for me) and Mystical Typhoon (for him) and were wondering if those were legal or is it specific cards that are or are not. Thank you and sorry for the long message, I just want to get back into this properly. Have a good day.
    ~ShadowsEd9e~

Well, since those Theme Decks are only from a very few sets ago, they are definitely legal in tournaments (which is called "Standard"). It's worth noting that some old sets got rotated out just a few days ago. Anyway, here's the basic list of which sets are included in Standard, from oldest to newest sets:

Boundaries Crossed
    Plasma Storm
    Plasma Freeze
    Plasma Blast
    Legendary Treasures
    Kalos Starter Set (it's not exactly the same, since it is just several Theme Decks IIRC, but it has its own set marker, so I include it)
    XY
    XY: FlashFire
    XY: Furious Fists

Also, if a card from an earlier set has been reprinted in one of those later sets, the older version is allowed as well as the new one. (If there are any changes on the wording, though, it must be played as though it were the newer version.) As an example, this Mew EX is from Dragons Exalted, the set right before Boundaries Crossed. Ordinarily this would mean it is not allowed in Standard play, but it was reprinted in Legendary Treasures, so you can use either print of this card. An example of a card that was reprinted with different wording is Super Potion, originally from the very first set.

Hope this was helpful!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

We also play in an extended format which includes sets from black and white base set on (talk to a tournament organizer at your local league or online through the pokemon event locator).

Destruction rush is x and Y and mystic tyhoon is flashfire so both are fine. here, bulbapedia is a list of theme decks, serebii also offers a cardex, though I find that this one, pokebeach link is much easier to look at (check the sidebar for blocks and sets). Welcome and good luck in the future.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

this might be a stupid question but what is the probability of me getting a mega charizard x card in a flashfire pack? I really want to get one but it costs 40 to 70 dollars just for the card!
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Is the Pokémon TCG Online avaible for Android?
    I have claimed Tepig!

ShadowF@ http://www.trollandtoad.com/products...archmode=basic buy the single, don't buy packs, its fairly common 1 in 60 packs (which is worth the card 3 times over in toad n troll).

Tepif 2000@ I know that there is an Ipad app, as far as I can tell the file for the program runs on a .exe extension which means you need an operating system to access the files, there will probably news for it in the future.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445