Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: A Hurdle For Squirtle (421)

And here comes Squirtle with that magical Ice Beam to save the day, just as expected. >_>

There were some cool appeals in this episode. Interesting to see how Cacturne's Needle Arm works.

I don't like reviewing late. You forget most of what you were gonna say. :/ 7/10.

Um... quick question: was Harley's line about the contest being rigged in the original, or was that dub added?

I think Harley did mention about the contest being rigged.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I was asking if it was dub added.

Harley:And a one and a two and a buckle my shoe,Hahaha!
    Me:xD

Yes May got her first Kanto Ribbon, I really liked how May used Squirtle's Ice Beam to free it from Ariados's Webs great thinking on her part. The voice acting by the original VA's is top notch.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Meh, this contest episode was okay. I think the battle between Wobbufet and Ariados could have been better. I thought Ariados losing to a baby Squirtle was pretty stupid, as Harley is better than that.

To start things off, Jessie looked great with short hair. And I lol'd at the fact of Jessie trying to have a sympathy over the audience to get to the next round.

It was great how May had Squirtle stand next to her while showing off her Combusken during an appeal round to boost Squirtles confidence. But it was another common show from May and Combusken...

The battle between Harley and Jessie in the second round was very funny. No one doing anything because they both knew the consequences to each others moves. But I guess it was well deserved with the yellow card.

I was glad that Harley knew what attack to use against Jessie by using his Ariados's String Shot. I lol'd when May had a serious look on her face saying that Harley was "Really, pretty good" when all he was doing was making Jessie's Pokémon a puppet of Ariados's String Shot.

It was great to see the battle in the final with May and Harley and Harley starting it off with a combonation of String Shot and Scary Face to scare Squitle from attacking. I didn't understand how that ugly Spiderweb attack got points taken off of May. It was ugly... The nice Ice Beam attack that released Squitle from Ariados's Web attack was good thinking. But the unrealistic sliding of Squitle from the web was silly...

I agree with Harley about the contest being Rigged. lol! 7.9/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

I think this season was more little-kid-oriented then the others
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...mence.gif?o=77 (Chibi)
    95% of the people in Serebii Forums use cheating devices, if you are one of the 5% that dont, copy and paste this into your sig

Cool to see May win her first Kanto contest. Squirtle was just awesome. Harley really annoys me.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

may won her first kanto contest in this episode, i liked to watch this episode.

glad May won her first kanto ribbon,
    squirtle is soo cute ^^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Hmm, great contest. one of my favorites, i really love Squirtle.

Jessie wasn't able to control her pokemon, it was funny how Ariados "danced" with Wobbuffet...

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Historically, one of the best Contest episodes in all of the Pokemon anime.

Harley's Cacturne's combo with Pin Missile and Cotton Spore was beautiful, it looked like a tree. Jessie and Cacnea's combo was painful to watch though, literally.

Loved that Squirtle used Ice Beam to freeze Ariados' webs making it look dazzling. 10/10

Not a bad episode, Jessie did look good with short hair that short hair anyway.
    I found it a bit unfair that Lillian gave Jessie a yellow card, does she know anything about Wobbefeut? Jessie can't attack unless someone else does, I think that makes them idiots (Well Jessie is an idiot for using Wobbefeut in the first place. Harley was quite smart however to use defensive).

May's revenge lol, that will teach Harley for almost making her miss the contest. Squirtle wasn't too bad but she could have practiced it more.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was cool. performance in the appeal round was really good. Squirtle vs Crobat was an awesome battle. Wobbuffet vs Ariados was very odd and funny. It was cool to see Needle Arm used.

74/100

This episode was Ok. I was never a big fan of the contest's. I like Harley he is cool and I like his personality.6/10

I really liked Ariados vs. Wobbufet, that String Shot was a smart idea from Harley. I'm not really into contests and non-Original Series episodes, but I do like this contest. This is the best contest in the Pokemon anime! Harley is so awesome XD

Jesus! The writers could have given May Clamperl than to give her Squirtle. I hate how May got two Pokemon we saw before. There was nothing wrong with her having Hoenn Pokemon in BF. But she had to get a baby squirtle. Dammit writers!

My ideal battle ever!

A baby Squirtle beating Harley in battle. And it just happens to have an uncontrollably powerful Ice Beam attack. Okay writers. You guys could've cut some of those fillers episodes for some Squirtle training but that was too much for you I suppose.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This was a great contest episode. I liked how May managed to come back and beat Harley, who was destroying her in the contest, and it was kind of creative too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I have to go in to rant mode for a minute here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo View Post
    I'm still fairly astonished, incidentally, that so many people who profess to loathe the entire Pokemon anime and do nothing but whine and complain over the stupidest things every week are still watching the show, let alone participating in the fandom. Are they masochists or something? Colour me baffled.
    ^
    (fixed slightly to express what I thought, but, for the most part, I do agree)
    Old post, I know, but this, this, Oh god one billion times THIS!

No seriously, It's part mind-boggling, part annoying, part my-sides-hurt hilarious that 75% of every episode thread (mostly the older posts starting from 2004) is filled with people who are so darn unimpressed with this show. Why do you all even keep watching this show if your just going to get your panties in a bunch whenever the most innocuous/miniscule or major thing doesn't go the way you personally expected?

Take this episode for example.
    Now that I realize that it's what most people were raising hell over in the thread, Harley lost because May was using a Pokemon that she still just got recently, and with an attack it shouldn't even have yet at that stage of evolution? Big whoop! It's really not a big deal. Seriously. I agree with what I saw mentioned much earlier in that Harley is the villainous character in the episode (in all these Hoenn contest episodes, actually), so you should be expecting him to lose against May most of the time at this rate. It's really silly to whine and complain and hold it against the episode as a whole just because your favorite character lost a match.

I think, when I start watching Battle Frontier (again, actually), I'm only going to come to these threads to post what I thought about something in the episodes, because honestly, it's getting old reading some of these (old) posts that have 75% whining and complaining about the episode.

TL;DR:
    Y'all need to not take everything in this show so darned seriously.

Anyway, to comment on the episode itself.
    It was hilarious how both Jessie (can't remember what her "stage name" was at the moment) and Harley refused to attack, thus getting them both yellow cards and a deduction in points.
    I thought it was neat how Squirtles Ice Beam froze the webs that Harley's Ariados made.

I'm happy May won her first Kanto contest ribbon.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I was really underwhelmed by May's appeal with Combusken tbh; Harley and even Jessie did a way better job than she did in my opinion. I cackled when Jessie arrived where May and Harley were covered in bandages, and seeing Jessie's Counter strategy with Wobbuffet flop due to Harley was great; I liked how Ariados was controlling Wobbuffet.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910