Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hurdle For Squirtle (421)

Default A Hurdle For Squirtle (421)

A Hurdle For Squirtle

It's time for the Saffron City Pokémon Contest. May is entering with her Squirtle & Combusken, Harley is entering with Cacturne & Ariados and Jessie is entering with Cacnea. The battles will be tough but will May be able to beat Harley and earn her first Kanto Ribbon?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Looks very good and could go in any direction. Can't wait to hear more.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Wait, so Harley and May use 2 pokemon, and Jessie only uses 1? Or does she use one of her own pokemon or something?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, it looks like it could be quite good! Especially with Ariados and Squirtle involved!

Wait, so Harley and May use 2 pokemon, and Jessie only uses 1? Or does she use one of her own pokemon or something?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, it looks like it could be quite good! Especially with Ariados and Squirtle involved!
    you use two pokemon. May uses Combusken and Squirtle. Harley uses Ariados and Cacturne. Jessie we don't know her second pokemon but, we know she uses Canea we don't know the 2nd one though.

Jessie also uses Wobbuffet if I translated correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Jessie also uses Wobbuffet if I translated correctly
    In battle or appeal? Either way, this will be intresting...
    Last edited by Lil Brother; 23rd September 2005 at 2:03 AM.

In battle or appeal? Either way, this will be intresting...
    I think battle I mean what could wobbufet do appeal wise. Although Cacnea in the pics looked worried at some sort of attack maybe it had stage fright but, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    I think battle I mean what could wobbufet do appeal wise.
    Wobbuffet being used for appeal would allow for some comedy, it'd probably just come out and say its name (like it does at the end of the motto), leading Jessie to frustration.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Risk Alchemist Guest

Red face

wow there is a 9th season after Pokemon Advanced Battle??? the season never stop ending do they??? well i can't wait for those episodes but i should enjoy the newx ones anyhow...

~Deoxys Lover~

Ethereal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys Lover
    wow there is a 9th season after Pokemon Advanced Battle??? the season never stop ending do they??? well i can't wait for those episodes but i should enjoy the newx ones anyhow...

~Deoxys Lover~
    No...There's ONE season after Advanced Battle, not 9...Unless you meant that, but just don't know how to type correctly. ¬¬

Anyhow, this ep seems interesting. Can't wait to see it on Saturday evening...>_>

<_<

._.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynxo
    No...There's ONE season after Advanced Battle, not 9...Unless you meant that, but just don't know how to type correctly. ¬¬
    Jynxo, he/she phrased it correctly. '_'

Ethereal Guest

Not really. They asked if there were a 9th season AFTER the most recent season in America. That means it was phrased incorrectly. ¬¬

On topic: I hope Jessie keeps her haircut. XD

this looks like a good episode. Cant wait till the summary

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Seen the pictures, and that is NOT what I expected to happen! Then again, it never is....

Anyway, Ariados beats Wobbufet, Squirtle beats a Crobat I think, hard to tell from the pictures, and then Squirtle beats Ariados in the final, earning May her first ribbon. Woop-de-doo. Hopefully next time, Harley will use Banette instead of Cacturne.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Seen the pictures, and that is NOT what I expected to happen! Then again, it never is....

Anyway, Ariados beats Wobbufet, Squirtle beats a Crobat I think, hard to tell from the pictures, and then Squirtle beats Ariados in the final, earning May her first ribbon. Woop-de-doo. Hopefully next time, Harley will use Banette instead of Cacturne.
    Are they ever going to allow the villian to win. They need to give the villians some glory occassionaly
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Why did they ever bother to make Harley a main rival if all they're going to do is have May beat him all the time? They're basically turning Harley into the one "May always beats."

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Why did they ever bother to make Harley a main rival if all they're going to do is have May beat him all the time? They're basically turning Harley into the one "May always beats."
    Like somebody said in the spec. thread though, if the writers made Harley win, then they'd have to make something good happen to May, to kind of 'cushion the fall', if you get what I mean.

But, yeah, I would like Harley to win at least once, we know he can win contests, because he was in the Grand Festival, so why not win in a contest that includes May?

Grr...I was seriously praying for Haruka to lose this one, as a lesson to never be so naive to take Harley's advice again, Besdies, a still-young Squirtle beating up a Crobat? Even with a new moveset, it doesn't seem very feasable. It's like Super Skitty all over again. Now we can call it Mutant Ninja Squirtle (Oh God...that was horrible) or something.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Toddler Mutant Ninja Squirtle, go!

Even with ice beam, a Crobat is a 2nd-stage evolution. It'd be like defeating a Pidgeot.

Harley lost again, this time a puny baby Squirtle. Now the writers are really making Harley into a weakling. All I can say is this: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Harley is the most ill fated coordinator of all time. DAMN YOU WRITERS, FIRSTY SHAFTING THE **** OUT OF SCEPTILE AND NOW THIS!!

If May was in a real contest she'll lose (and I mean GBA contests, Skitty would be nervous or having black hearts instead of ubersweeping).

Season One Complete!

So May won?
    that sucks, and to a Squirtle that was a baby?!?!?

whatever the writers are on I want it! a squirtle beating a crobat 0.o
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

At least Jessie's appeal with Cacnea was cool.

Baby Squirle beating a Crobat is a bit farfetched (pardon the pun)
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

<.< >.> I'm still unsure whether I should say, "It was quite awful" or, "Disregarding the result of the Contest, it was good". Meh, I'll go for the latter.
    The music was great as usual. They played the Regi music, the E4 theme, the Kanto Gym Battle theme and some other pieces from the..sixth movie, I think. Kewl.

The animation was very good, although...has everyone forgotten how to draw Harley? I mean, they didn't really do any mistakes regarding his looks or anything, but he looked quite off sometimes.

I found it interesting that May let Squirtle out of its Pokéball and let it watch Combusken's appeal. Speaking of which, the appeal was nice and really original. The best appeal was Jessie and Cacnea's of course, but Combusken's was the coolest :P

Jessie ...surely was the best part of the episode. Even Lilian was crying when she saw her and Cacnea hugging each other, and everyone was all, "Love and Piece da!!" XD

Wobbuffet vs. Ariados sure was interesting too, as at first, neither of them made a move...well, that is, until Lilian gave them a yellow card and their points were halved.
    After that, Harley's Ariados just used String Shot and let Wobbuffet dance like a puppet...and, OMG, Harley danced too!!!! <3 <3 <3

Ah well.. and then..Ariados vs. Squirtle. Actually, from the looks of how it went, it was interesting, I admit.
    It's just that, as many others already said, I hate how they make Harley look so weak in his battles. Really, Brock still called him a, "formidable rival" in this ep, but Harley has never won a battle against May. His appeals are always stunning, but when it comes to battles, his performances are almost ridiculous. Is it really that hard to make him win for once?

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

It's offical. I hate Squirtle. Another cheap uber to make May a lot more powerful than she really is. She's now worse than the trainers of the day. The Big Al gives the Kanto Contest Challegne two thumbs down.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast