Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hurdle For Squirtle (421)

So May won?
    that sucks, and to a Squirtle that was a baby?!?!?

whatever the writers are on I want it! a squirtle beating a crobat 0.o
    Why is Squirtle still considered a baby. if proffesor Oak had recieved the starter pokes they had to have been ready for a trainer to start out with it. It seems to me that it was at starter level so why was it considered a baby. Also Squirtle has been shown to have matured a bit since May first recieved it. Near the end of the episode it looked like Harley had won until May had a stroke of luck. Also has anyone noticed that the timer on the timed battle read 1:45 and the next thing that happened was that May won. I know what hapened but, just felt like pointing it out. Also I was hoping for Jessie to win but, whatever. Also was that hug thing a mistake or on purpose. I just thought it happened on accident and Jessie didn't plan for that but, quickly thought of something to make her look good.

Stroke of luck being the operative word. Luck and more luck. Let her lose or make her think.

Squirtle is a baby. Look how small it is. Yet it took down an Aridos. It's Super Skitty all over again.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Yeah it's implied that Squirtle is an infant. Compare it's size to Ash's Squirtle. Not to mention the fact that it was/is a crybaby, and treats May as it's mother is the stereotypical baby role in this show.

Well, this episode was normal. I can't believe that squirtle could won to a crobat and harley's ariados, but i think that in this episode there're some good things: when cacnea hugged jessie and everyone was crying and then she was paralised; jessie, a mummy; ariados, wobbufett and harley dancing! 7/10, to me!!

F*cking sh*t. The writers are making Zenigame the new Eneko. This sucks. There's no excuse for a tiny baby Zenigame to beat an experienced coordinator.

I mean WHAT THE HELL? -_-;;
    ~

I'm waiting for Yamato-san to come here and go on Grade A b*tchfest. He's hated that terapin from the start and this will only serve to piss him off further.

But Harley only just caught Ariados, surely, or else he would have used it in the Grand Festival. It's probably not much more experienced than Squirtle. I'm not at surprised that May won. And at least she was in trouble for the first half of the battle - Harley got her down to less than half her points without taking a hit himself. Buuut I guess I should resign myself to the inevitable b*tch-fest from the May-haters all the same. Sigh. *goes to make popcorn*
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

*smacks Jo-Jo with a giant fan* You're trying to justify the unjustifiable again. Though this all goes back to Squirtle pulling Ice Beam out of its rear. This is an insult to Pokemon Battling.

Still, Ariados is a fully evolved pokémon, and Zenigame is just a baby. Be definition Ariados must have a decent amount of experience because it's evolved. Even if it evolved in the wild, it makes no difference.
    ~

Which makes Squirtle the underdog. And the underdog always wins.

Which still sucks because it's repetitive and unrealistic.
    ~

On an unrelated note, Jo-Jo are you content with the writers portraying Harley as the "loser" in every single contest he's in? How are we suppossed to take Harley as a serious opponent if May beats him everytime they meet? May's beaten him 3 times now.

And this was the most embarrassing loss for Harley too, against May's Lil' Squirtle.

What was the point of bringing Harley back and even putting him in the opening if he's just cannon fodder?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    And this was the most embarrassing loss for Harley too, against May's Lil' Squirtle.
    The anime has had examples of spirit meaning more than size before... I'm not surprised that the little blue guy managed to take the victory for May.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

This is just disappointing. I felt BAD for Harley. He was super confident and highly experienced. God damn it, why did they have to let May's ****ing Squirtle win.

Hell, it's glaringly obvious they had May pull an Ash and had her see some miniscule factor that could be exploited in her favor. I can SEE when that happens on the stupid pictures! Christ-O-Dilly.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    The anime has had examples of spirit meaning more than size before... I'm not surprised that the little blue guy managed to take the victory for May.
    Not surprised ? Well **** son, none of us should be! The day we get caught off-guard on a Pokemon episode is the day they actually do something worthwhile!

But that still doesn't mean it's more enjoyable if, y'know, we understand the situation and why it went down.
    Last edited by V Faction; 23rd September 2005 at 10:16 PM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

VenusaurMaster Guest

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'M SO FURIOUS! ANYONE! ANY COORDINATOR, EVEN JESSIE OR STEPHANO OR ANYONE! GO BEAT MAY AND SHOW HER WHO'S BOSS! YOU WILL BE ONE OF MY HONORARY CHARACTERS IF YOU DO! (Just like Tsukiko. I really like Tsukiko, you see, and one of the many reasons is she beat May.)

^ Agreed, especially as the person May was up against was Harley. I'm all for him beating her - ideally in a later contest, closer to the Grand Festival - but it would make an unsatisfying ending to an episode for the villain to win. Maybe if there was another 'good' character in the contest who could defeat Harley after he beats May, then that would work, but not if he's going to win the whole thing.
    Last edited by Jo-Jo; 23rd September 2005 at 10:23 PM.

Yay yay yay, Wobby got used for a contest! Too bad Harley wrapped things up so quick (okay, bad joke), but I did like the little dream bit about how Wobbuffet will attack. I also liked how Jessie got bandaged up from Cacnea hugging her and then ripped the bandages off. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22 NEW!! 10/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    ^ Agreed, especially as the person May was up against was Harley. I'm all for him beating her - ideally in a later contest, closer to the Grand Festival - but it would make an unsatisfying ending to an episode for the villain to win. Maybe if there was another 'good' character in the contest who could defeat Harley after he beats May, then that would work, but not if he's going to win the whole thing.
    Yes but this was pathetic. If Combusken had beaten Harley's rear it would have been acceptable. Instead be get return of Super Skitty.

I looked at the ep pics for this ep and i officially proclaime i hate the writers of pokemon. How, HOW could they make an awesome Ariados lose to a baby Squirtle who has had little battle experience and win his first contest??? I wouldn't be as upset if it wasnt Harley that once again had to lose to May. Why cant they show Harley win for once? Everytime he goes up against the annoying little girl he loses! It justs bugs me how such a great character can never get a break. His win over Jeese was kinda stupid too. It was neat how he made Wobb a puppet but that was a lame win... The coolest part of the ep was seeing the spider webs all over the stage and seeing May almost lose. I was so mad when i saw that darn Squirtle freeze Ariados with Ice Beam. I cant believe a little starter pokemon knows Ice Beam already. Whats wrong with the writers?

Besides that it was neat to see Cacnea and Wobbuffet appear in the contests. What was it that Cacnea used? And do you think they are going to keep Jesse's hair like that? I think its time for Team Rocket to change a little. They should also get some new outfits. The white ones are getting old.

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Heh, I love how people hate it. I, for one, am proud of Squirtle. It tried and tried and pulled it off. I don't like where it will turn up though if this winning streak continues. It will eventually feel like Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle and feel it won't need to evolve to prove its strength. And why do people still think Squirtle is a baby? So its small, so its very low level but level /=/ age, its just a runt.

And why do I get the feeling that Munchlax will eventually evovle? I don't want it to evolve but its been so underused like Combusken was while it was a Torchic. Yes Munchlax would make a great contest pokemon with its interesting move pool but May doesn't feel it like I do.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I'm not fond of Zenigame, but I'm rather proud of Haruka-aisai for thinking to freeze the web. Nice strategy on her part.

Best part of the epi: Harley vs Musashi and their verbal b*tch fight. Oh, and Harley's dancing. Priceless. <3

Harley will get his moment to shine, I'm sure of it. And when it happens.... It will be a joyous day for all! Except Haruka-aisai. >=3
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

Aalitichi Guest

O great the little twit won again.

I've only seen the ep pics, but by the looks of it, didn't May win in large part because she thought of a clever strategy? Go her. ^_^ I love battles like that.

Tifa Guest

Thankgod she beat harley, Ive only seen the ep pics to, But im getting sick of his smug face

Let's freeze the webs. Real clever. It was more like Harley being a moron and not covering his *ss. You'd think a particapant of the Grand Festival would have been smarter.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast