Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: A Hurdle For Squirtle (421)

The difference is the phantom was a weak child who just started doing Contests and so he wasn't as experienced.

Harley, on the other hand, has been in numerous contest before this one.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicolo's Depression
    So now we have one final epispode of the season. Anyone know when it will air?
    This was the last one under 4Kids control i believe.

This episode makes me furious. I hate du ex machina wins; I hated it for Skitty, for the "eletric coating", and admittedly I hated a lot of it in Kanto, but what makes me hate this more is the fact that Squirtle is disgustingly cute and cloying. Kind of like too much chocolate cake you know? Its so sweet it makes you gag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    This was the last one under 4Kids control i believe.
    No the fighting dojo episode is I believe.

may is my favorite trainer on pokemon and also misty

You put your left foot out, you put your right foot out!

H-O-L-Y Crap!

This episode just proved my point about Harley being as gay as spring time. Now I'm a little piss'd because, I had to tape this episode and it got cut off during Harley and May's battle. But luckily, I saw this a couple of months ago online (in japanese though but great none-the-less). And now, I may say that I F-ING HATE THAT SQUIRTLE! And I will continue to hate that Squirtle for a while now. And now if I may...

You put your left foot out, you put your right foot out!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Maybe may tought Squirtle ice beam with a TM. I mean squirtle can learn ice beam by TM...

Or do TM's not exsist in the show??

Times change, people change, and so do sigs! Itachi has gone blind!

YAY, Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 is my bishie. Finally I have a bishie =)

Squirtle learned Ice Beam in last week's episode. Don't go making wild guesses when you haven't even seen the events leading up to the situation (in this case, the previous episode).

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Now, you wanna try telling me how Zenigame vs. Ariados (or Zenigame's "development" in general) wasn't cheap?
    Nobody's saying Squirtle isn't cheap, they're saying it's not cheaper than any other Pokemon on the show (virtually all the main characters' Pokemon have pulled off some real doozies when it comes to deus ex machina victories)...

Quote Originally Posted by Gouryujiin
    Awww, poor widdle Harly got his a*s handed to him by a "baby"

I swear to God. People are only sh*tting kittens over this because it was Harley that lost. If it was anyone else there would be no upset.
    That's exactly what I've been saying.
    Diamond Team:

Funny how it's never occurred to anyone that there was offscreen training involved, as stated in the dub. Not sure about the original, but even if not, it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Yamato-San what are your thoughts on the other parts of the episode like I mentioned?
    CC, I suggest you look earlier in the thread. I already posted my thoughts when the episode aired in Japan... as you could tell, I was bordering on the brink of insanity at the time. But looking past that, I did state that I absolutely loved the rest of the episode, and things seemed to be going great up until Zenigame used Ice Beam to break from that web. It was a good episode, but the ending killed it, big time. The ending dragged it down so much that I actually put it on my list of least favorite episodes in this one thread. Yes, I would rather watch a dull-as-hell Jouto filler than kill my sanity (what's left of it, now) watching that horrible display. The ending is just that f***in' awful.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Just out of curiosity, I've been hearing around these forums that pokemon will not be airing anymore after the epsiode "Pasta La Vista." Is this true? If it is, what about all those other episodes that Japan has already seen? Will they air in the US at all?

*sigh* No, that is a lie. If you've learned that much from browsing the forums, you should have also learned that Pokemon USA has taken over the dub, starting next season. The next episode is merely the last one that will be dubbed by 4Kids.

I'm surprised no one has brought it up. But it Ariados' webs are anything like spider webs, the tow lines (the non-sticky lines) would be as strong as steel cables. So Squirtle's recoil should not have broken the webbing.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

good point, I did hear somewhere that spider thread is actually more sturdy than a steel thread of similar thickness. However, I'd let that one slide, since animations quite often portray spider webbing as this more easily-breakable rope-like substance. Hell, if we wanted to bring some realistic web physics into this, we'd also have to consider the adhesive substance and how it wouldn't have been so easy to trap Zenigame like that in the first place (unlike what's portrayed in animation, webbing is not always sticky with spider feet having the magical ability of not sticking to it. Adhesives are actually applied to specific parts of the web, and the spiders have to tread carefully to get to their prey, or so I've heard).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Funny...this scenario is going to happen the exact same way in the future with another one of May's Pokemon. Yet, it doesn't get HALF the backlash that Squirtle has gotten.

I was satisfied about how they explained how Squirtle couldn't control its Ice Beam (omg, Snorunt couldn't either!)
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

The judge to the left sounds like the narattor(sp?).

Its the same guy doing the voice.

How hypocritical of people to be angry when their favourite character(/chartacter they like) is cheated of a win by a sudden burst of confidence from Squirtle, when Squirtle's meter was at 50% while Ariados was at 100%!? I bet if Harley was a character you didn't like you'd be okay with it. You all disgust me... *sarcasm meter explodes*

Eh, I sorta liked this episode. I liked the match between Harley and Jessie... hehe. "Someone do something!!" Makes me wish I could watch it in Japanese. D=

Interesting point about the webbing, but just look at how often Spider-Man's webs are broken/destroyed, depending on the situation/comic/show you're looking at. I don't think it's common knowledge just how proportionally strong a web is.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Interesting point about the webbing, but just look at how often Spider-Man's webs are broken/destroyed, depending on the situation/comic/show you're looking at. I don't think it's common knowledge just how proportionally strong a web is.
    Most of Spidy's villians possess super strength and can produce a lot more power than a turtle that masses in at a couple kilograms being thrown back from an Ice Beam recoil. A Stellar Converter maybe but not an Ice Beam. Need I bring up the second movie in which stopped a speeding train?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This episode has it up and downs to me. The ups were the first half when Harley, Jessie, and May performed.

Harley's display was cool and creative, at first I wasn't sure that was Needle Arm until I watched it again.

Jessie's display was crazy, and that gotta hurt. I laughed how after Max said something about the appeal, Pikachu started to scratch his head or something. That was cute and funny, and at the end when Jessie fell from the shock she had to withstand.

May's appeal was cool how Combusken tied her bandana.

Then in the beginning of the second half the battle. Jessie vs. HArley battle was crazy. They didn't do anything, and get a Yellow card. Kind of cool and it reminded me of the World Cup since at the same time they were playin a game.

The downs, is that SQUIRTLE!!!!! To be realistic, I'm sorry but May's Squirtle can not be that strong, no wonder why everyone hates the little crybaby.

Then one of the judges in the contest got me annoyed that he always say "How Remarkable" Does he anything more to say, it just annoyed me on Saturday.

Well, Harley's still a no-good lowdown revenge-seeking-for-no-reason jerkwad to me, but at least the scene with him and Jessie was one of the funniest scenes I've seen on the show. That's probably the first time in ages that I was laughing so hard that I wasn't watching the screen. It was great to see Jessie use Wobbuffet for the second round, even though that's how things ended up. Jessie and Harley's sniping at each other was also hilarious ("At least I don't have a mushroom on my head!"). I LOVED the appeal with Cacnea too. Impressive for a pokemon that hadn't even been in a contest up until that point. I liked how everyone felt Jessie's pain, and then Jessie showed up as the mummy girl after. LOL

May's contest was good, but I do think she won a bit too easily. Well, I wouldn't want her to lose to Harley (err, right now...), but I think they could have written her win a bit better. I don't think Jessie stood a chance this time, but I wish May's win had been more convincing. I do like Squirtle, though.

Overall, 7/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy..
    Then one of the judges in the contest got me annoyed that he always say "How Remarkable" Does he anything more to say, it just annoyed me on Saturday.
    It's the same in the original. In Japanese, he always says "Ya suki desu ne," ("I like it"). During the stalemate between Harley and Jessie though, he said "Suki ja nai desu ne," (sp?) ("I don't like it,") the first time he's ever said anything different. It got dubbed as "Not remarkable at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    It's the same in the original. In Japanese, he always says "Ya suki desu ne," ("I like it"). During the stalemate between Harley and Jessie though, he said "Suki ja nai desu ne," (sp?) ("I don't like it,") the first time he's ever said anything different. It got dubbed as "Not remarkable at all."
    Wow, thanks even though I wasn't expecting a response, but I didn't know. I never seen any of May's contests in Japanese, so eh, but just in this contest it got to me. I don't know why, but it did, and usually I don't get annoyed from something that is shown many time before.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast