Thread: November 21st, 2006 - Raviel, Lord of Phantasms

Default November 21st, 2006 - Raviel, Lord of Phantasms

Guess I should point out that the 1yr anniversary of SPP COTD was 5 days ago so thank you everybody. then what better way to start this off with our playable Obelisk look alike

Raviel, Lord of Phantasms
    DARK
    Fiend/Effect
    Level: 10
    Attack Points: 4000
    Defence Points: 4000

Effect:This card cannot be Normal Summoned. This card cannot be special summoned other than Tributing 3 Fiend-type monsters on your field. Whenever opponent summons a monster, special summon a "Phantasm Token" (DARK/Fiend/1/1000/1000) to your field. The tokens cannot attack. Once during your turn, you may offer a monster on your side of the field as Tribute to increase the ATK of this card by the Tributed monster's original ATK until the End Phase.

So discuss away I'll toss in my 2 cents later

Works well within a Pure Fiend deck, obviously. I can see it being summoned easily via Dark Necrofear. Remove three fiends from play, (Giant Germs, for example. Set one, get two from the deck when destroyed. Once sent to the graveyard you've got Necrofear fodder as well as inflicting 1500 damage to opponent.) bring them back with RftDD, and then tribute them for Raviel. If all this takes place during the same turn, you can also normal summon another monster.

On another note, I just happened to pull an Ultimate Rare Raviel the other day at my Sneak Peak.

an easier way to summon this monster is dna sergeon + scapegoats

pretty evil, if used propperly (or is it impropperly?). 4/5000 ATK powerhouse with up to four little minions to do his bidding... but then, his tokens, if summoned in attack position, leave the user's life points SLIGHTLY open, but then, only a newb (not n00b) to the game would do that, as he could switch them to attack during his own turn if he wanted to all out attack.
    rather powerful, but at least he isn't common. (got five packs at pre-release, zero useful cards) I just hope these things are limitted.

WiFi trade status: currently cloning in preparation for D/P release (DEATH TO THE METAGAME!!! >83)
    specials: legit Mew, Celebi, 1st/2nd/3rd gen legends (minus Jirachi, Ho-oh, Lugia)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Works well within a Pure Fiend deck, obviously. I can see it being summoned easily via Dark Necrofear. Remove three fiends from play, (Giant Germs, for example. Set one, get two from the deck when destroyed. Once sent to the graveyard you've got Necrofear fodder as well as inflicting 1500 damage to opponent.) bring them back with RftDD, and then tribute them for Raviel. If all this takes place during the same turn, you can also normal summon another monster.

On another note, I just happened to pull an Ultimate Rare Raviel the other day at my Sneak Peak.

Oddly enough I was planning a deck that is based around that strategy.

You got a Ultimate Rare Raviel?!? T_T

Alfonso's lucky... anyways I plan on building a deck on it as soon as I'm able to get one. The Fiends are pretty nice little monsters.
    ~
    [.fest ist der Stahl und das Eisen gar sehr, unsere Liebe ist fester noch mehr.]

Yeah I can't remember exactly what he said he got but he got some awesome cards...i due to coursework...couldn't make a sneak peak >_<

As for the card itself...I plan on running one in my fiend deck and he's easily the most playable of the 3 god emperors/sacred beasts/legendary demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Chao
    Yeah I can't remember exactly what he said he got but he got some awesome cards...i due to coursework...couldn't make a sneak peak >_<
    Ultimate Raviel, Ultra Uria, (Traded for Ultra Hamon.) Super Rare Demise, (Which I just traded for a Secret Rare Blue Eyes Toon Dragon.) Super Rare Barrier Dragon and Rare Treeborn Frog.

Remember, I managed to actually buy some SOI packets. Only Cyber was out of my original five packets.

Not always the best thing though... I discovered one of my 'friends' isn't actually my friend when he rejected me because I wouldn't trade him Raviel. :/