Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The (new) Gymshipping thread

I like gymshipping. It makes so much sense ot compare their skills.
    Misty and Wallace is my top favorite choice. If not him than Juan is the next decision.

My ideal battle ever!

I think Wikipedia can be edited by anyone. ^^
    Speaking of which, who did she borrow from Brock? Was it Vulpix? I think it was but I can't remember exactly...
    It was Vulpix.
    What caused you to like Gymshipping over other pairings?
    I like orangeshipping, but I think I like gymshipping more because Tracey wasn't in the show that much so I didn't really get to see that much of Misty and Tracey together except in chronicles.
    I don't like pokeshipping, because I think it's annoying how they always fight. I know May and Drew always fight, and I'm a contestshipper, but I don't think it's the same, Ash and Misty are more like siblings. >.> I think Ash and Misty's personalities don't really go together, and they're too similar, they need someone different from them.
    And I just think Misty and Brock look cute together. ^^;;

He basically said that Brock is too old for Misty
    LOL, If I Had a buck for everytime I hear someone say that XD

Needless to say I will be avoiding the topic of pairings and Pokemon with him from now on.
    Heh, he's one of those cool dad's remember? Of corse he's going to say things just to tick you off

I think Wikipedia can be edited by anyone. ^^
    Exactly, which is why I don't think Wikipedia should be taken as the absoulte truth..

Anyway, to bring up other stuff, I remember Raevell bringing up Brock's mother... Hehe.. I called it Operation: LOLA in a previous post

Quote Originally Posted by A previous post by me
    If not that, Then "Operation: LOLA" aka "Operation: Meddling Mum" would be in effect, which would go like this

1. Lola (Brock's mother XD) would visit Cerulean Gym since she loves water Pokemon so much
    2. Lola meets Misty, and realises that she loves water Pokemon as well
    3. Lola establishes a great relationship with the Gym Leader
    4. Lola begins to meddle with her son's love life
    5. You can imagine the rest XD
    Last edited by STJ; 29th March 2006 at 9:12 AM.

For the record, anyone can edit a page on Bulbapedia, if they sign up for an account. We don't personally vet every single little change that happens. I personally haven't had the time to edit pages on there for months, due to work. Perhaps, Cybercubed, you should actually check the edit history of the pages (which is public to everyone) before making claims about me removing things. Hell, if you're so convinced that there's things on there that are wrong, instead of whinging about it, sign up for an account and fix things yourself. Just remember that, like in a debate, you'll have to back up every single statement you make about a ship in its article with facts. And remember that, like any other page on the Bulbapedia, anyone else can edit your edits, and change the page again.

As for my militant PokéShipping....those days are long over. Haven't been able to keep up with episodes for a long time now, since the dub stopped on TV over here, and there's been little opportunity for me to debate since the end of the PalletShipping debates. There was a few nice little diversions earlier this year, but that was more defending PokéShipping, not going out to strike down other ships.
    And for the record, yes, I do ship many ships, a number of which conflict. But just because I like a ship doesn't mean I think it'll happen, GymShipping (which I actually shipped before I ever became a PokéShipper, starting back in 1999) and AdvanceShipping being the two most obvious in that category. PokéShipping is one of the very few that I think have a possibility of happening, and even there, I acknowledge that it couldn't possibily happen for a long time, and that there's little evidence from Satoshi's side at this point in time.

You know what? I just might make an account and do that...

But back on topic.. (whatever it was)...

Well, I'll make a new one too

What do you think of their introductions to each other?

as for other stuff.. well I (somehow) managed to find some nice fanart! I'll play it safe and not post them here..but here's the link to quite a few. they're pretty good

http://nikyart.virtuale.org/pagine/i...ni/pokemon.htm

For those who like Advanceshiping as well as Gymshipping

http://www.geocities.jp/kakeru_poke_...tk/illust.html
    Last edited by STJ; 31st March 2006 at 5:38 AM.

Oh, wow, STJ! It's not only fanart but really, really good fanart! I absolutely loved the rain one and the kiss one as well. Really awesome stuff there, thanks for sharing.

You know what? I don't remember what happened when they were introduced at all. ^^; Time to go dig out my tapes!

pikachu_rocks19 Guest

koga and erika

Huh, those fanarts are great, STJ! That's really hard to find some good gymshipping art.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, they weren't introduced at all... I recall Brock asking "Hey, Ash! Who's that girl whom is following us?", or something like that. So, Misty goes on complaining about her bike, and this is how the episode ends. In the next ep ("School of Hard Knocks", correct me if I'm wrong), I think they already got along like good friends. Remember Misty and Brock having some time alone, as they sent Ash to get the firewood? Maybe she wanted to know the new member of the gang better
    Banner by me

[Claims] Shiryu from Saint Seya (bishie) | Raimundo from Xiaolin Showdown (cartoon bishie) | Heart of Sword from Rurouni Kenshin (anime song)

koga and erika
    ??? I think you may have posted in the wrong thread.. This thread is for the pairing of Brock/Misty, there's another thread somewhere for other Gymleader ships. I think.

Yeah, I like the Kimono one myself, there's quite a few more, and I'll post the links when I have the chance

EDIT - LINKS AHOY!!!! XD

http://fox.oekakist.com/haru1/bbsnot...ontinue&No=107
    http://fox.oekakist.com/haru1/bbsnot...ontinue&No=103
    http://fox.oekakist.com/haru1/bbsnot...ontinue&No=102
    http://fox.oekakist.com/haru1/bbsnot...ontinue&No=101
    http://fox.oekakist.com/haru1/bbsnot...ontinue&No=100
    http://fox.oekakist.com/haru1/bbsnot...continue&No=99
    http://fox.oekakist.com/haru1/bbsnot...continue&No=98-Where's Brock's hand????
    http://i-bbs.sijex.net/imageDisp.jsp...917246823o.jpg

Japanese Gymshipping fanlisting (I think)
    http://kenhosi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/tkunion.html

*sigh* There was a great couple of fanarts I found of them both in formal attire, and Misty in a pink ballgown.. I've looked everywhere, but I can't find the links again ;_; , so this'll have to do I guess XD

http://taronana.chu.in/oekaki/fail/u_pokemon6.html

Well, if I'm not mistaken, they weren't introduced at all... I recall Brock asking "Hey, Ash! Who's that girl whom is following us?", or something like that. So, Misty goes on complaining about her bike, and this is how the episode ends.
    Yeah, that was kinda the point I was trying to make - they never really were introduced to eachh other (heck, even Max and May had better introductions to Brock, I think) It's quite a pity really, but at least they're good friends now regardless of how it came about
    Last edited by STJ; 2nd April 2006 at 7:29 AM.

Yay for STJ's links source! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by STJ
    Yeah, that was kinda the point I was trying to make - they never really were introduced to eachh other (heck, even Max and May had better introductions to Brock, I think) It's quite a pity really, but at least they're good friends now regardless of how it came about
    Maybe it was due to the comedy in the begining of the series. If Misty and Brock were to be introduced to each other nowadays, I think it could be something like when May and Max met Brock. For example, I just can't imagine Brock knocking Misty's head like he did when she asked if he kissed Melanie. LOL for old Kanto days!

From "Beauty and the Beach":

Caption, anyone?
    Banner by me

[Claims] Shiryu from Saint Seya (bishie) | Raimundo from Xiaolin Showdown (cartoon bishie) | Heart of Sword from Rurouni Kenshin (anime song)

Maybe it was due to the comedy in the begining of the series. If Misty and Brock were to be introduced to each other nowadays, I think it could be something like when May and Max met Brock. For example, I just can't imagine Brock knocking Misty's head like he did when she asked if he kissed Melanie. LOL for old Kanto days!
    LOL! I still remember that! It was funny, I doubt it'll ever happen again, but seeing Brock get the upper hand is a nice chance of pace, I guess

Caption - CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE BUSY???
    Last edited by STJ; 3rd April 2006 at 8:06 AM.

Wow, some new pictures and fanart! Seriously, does anyone know how hard it is to find new Gymshipping pictures? Hmm, I guess I'm not looking in the right places...

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

Wow, awesome find, STJ! You know this makes me wonder what the Japanese view is on the pairing. I'm sure it's different than ours (for example, they aren't so much concerned with age as we tend to be).

Umm...but that one fanart... Was that Masato with the crown? O_o; He wasn't wearing his glasses, so... Oh, my, what the heck is going on in that picture?

Ah, thanks for the reminder, Lux. I believe Brock and Ash actually ended up running away from her, right? (though Brock mainly just trying to keep up with Ash) and good point about The School of Hardknocks! Maybe she just wanted to get to know him better, hmm?

*sigh* I wish I knew, but alas, babelfish is not the best of translators, the word Bamboo refuse keeps coming up for some reason XD (perhaps it's part of their names?)

As for the picture, I dunno, perhaps they're all in love in him!

*sigh* I wish I knew, but alas, babelfish is not the best of translators, the word Bamboo refuse keeps coming up for some reason XD (perhaps it's part of their names?)

As for the picture, I dunno, perhaps they're all in love in him!

Lol! Yeah, that makes sense... Take means "bamboo" so Takeshi would probably be translated to that. Babel brings up some amusing translations at times... Japanese is so different from English so there isn't much they can do. It's good at translating French however!

I see..XD

I'm gonna think of a new topic *thinks*

What colour socks do you think they wear? LOL! only kidding!!

If Misty ever by chance visited the Pewter Gym, what do you think would happen?

Well, there'd have to be a reason for her to go right? So let's just say she visits cause Lola's trying to set up a water pokemon gym again XD..If Misty ever went, she'd have to introduce herself to Brock's mother, and most of Brock's siblings I guess

A part of me would love to have Forest have a crush on her too for the irony, the only problem being that Forest being girl crazy was only dub added XD
    Last edited by STJ; 6th April 2006 at 10:36 AM.

Ah, Forrest... It made me sad they tried to make him a Brock clone. Brock is one of a kind, damn it!

If Misty ever by chance visited the Pewter Gym, what do you think would happen?

I think Lola would be ecstatic finding a water Pokemon gym leader. I can picture Lola pretty much keeping Misty to herself going on and on about water Pokemon... Then I think Brock would just be confused and feeling neglected off at the sidelines. XD;;

Ah, Forrest... It made me sad they tried to make him a Brock clone. Brock is one of a kind, damn it!
    LOL, I guess he's not a 'chip off the old Brock!" XD

and now a small scene by me The pictures are pretty large

Brock: hahahah .. Isin't this great guys?

Misty: It is... for them...

I love those pictures! You know, I just noticed Ash was there hidden behind Brock... I didn't even see him at first.

BTW, STJ, you know that the picture in your sig has in fact been captioned before at Pokemopolis?

Um, how about another topic?

Is there anything that would cause you to stop liking gymshipping?

There is nothing that would make me stop liking Gymshipping. Even if it's shot down by the Japanese writers (because I don't give a frog's butt about what the American writers say), I'll still support it. Maybe it's because I'm so committed to it...

I noticed something about this thread. We go through topics really fast.

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

Quote Originally Posted by Raevell

BTW, STJ, you know that the picture in your sig has in fact been captioned before at Pokemopolis?
    Really? Hehehe.. I wonder what they said?

*thinks*

Probably not... there are a couple of times in which ai've stopped supported a couple - this is not one of them. I"m not giving up hope on it, and there' definetely not enough millitant and noobish shippers to turn me off the fanbase, so no. I just like Gymshipping too damn much XD

(here's hoping the Japanese writers know what they're doing )

because I don't give a frog's butt about what the American writers say), I'll still support it. Maybe it's because I'm so committed to it...
    I can guess how they feel about it, that's if they actually got wind of the idea at all. I recall someone asking Eric Stuart about it, his response? "I don't see it . BLAH!

I noticed something about this thread. We go through topics really fast.
    I noticed that as well, my guess is that it's probably due to the fact that there are less posters here

By the way, both Revolutionary Destiny and Raevell suggests teh GYmshipping article to be updated...I think that's a GREAT idea! I've already registered, but I'd like to see what you both want on that article
    Last edited by STJ; 8th April 2006 at 3:46 AM.

Can I join?

|x|Credit|x|

You just did by posting, welcome to the Gymshipping thread!

Enjoy your stay, and stuff XD

Welcome, Master-Puru XD!

Well, even if Misty/Tracey become canon, I'd still support Brock/Misty as my second best, so... I think no. I'm passionate about orangeshipping, but my crush on gymshipping is not going to fade

By the way, both Revolutionary Destiny and Raevell suggests teh GYmshipping article to be updated...I think that's a GREAT idea! I've already registered, but I'd like to see what you both want on that article
    Yay!

I was about to suggest that! After you told us the orangeshipping article should be updated, I checked other articles too, and the gymshipping one sucks. I know you can do it better! ^^
    Last edited by Lux; 8th April 2006 at 5:59 AM.
    Banner by me

Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    Welcome, Master-Puru XD!

Well, even if Misty/Tracey become canon, I'd still support Brock/Misty as my second best, so... I think no. I'm passionate about orangeshipping, but my crush on gymshipping is not going to fade

Yay!

I was about to suggest that! After you told us the orangeshipping article should be updated, I checked other articles too, and the gymshipping one sucks. I know you can do it better! ^^
    Hehe, I'm sure we can! But since Revolutionary Destiny was the first to suggest it ( or was it Raevell?) I'll let them register and edit it, and then I'll give me input as well

shhh.. did you hear that? It's the wind.. of change!
    Last edited by STJ; 8th April 2006 at 10:56 AM.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast