Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pasta La Vista! (422)

Default Pasta La Vista! (422)

Pasta La Vista!

After the Saffron City Contest, Ash & Co. find a Fighting Dojo in Saffron City, however one of the trainers there has had a disagreement with May so Ash & May decide to take part in the Fighting Dojo's battles and face the trainer...but they wind up battling eachother. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

i hope ash wins XD Its cool seeing Ash vs May
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Just a question: they fight with their own Pokemon or with "Rental Pokemon"?. In the episode's preview, it seemed that May used a Hitmonchan and Ash used a Hitmonlee.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa
    Just a question: they fight with their own Pokemon or with "Rental Pokemon"?. In the episode's preview, it seemed that May used a Hitmonchan and Ash used a Hitmonlee.
    Did you not just answer you own question? Since they're fighting with hitmonlee/hitmonchan and neither Ash or May own either of these pokemon I think it's obvious that they're battling with pokemon belonging to the dojo.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

I'll be the first to ask the question thats on everyones mind.

Is Jessie's Hair back to normal?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

This episode, despite being a huge waste of potential, looks very good and excellently animated. It'll easily be the best of the saga so far no matter what happens.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quite true. The animation looks to be very good. There's nothing like a good old fashioned beat down. Though TR will interrupt the battle like they do always. *Kills TR but they recover* Frak it all.
    Last edited by The Big Al; 29th September 2005 at 10:54 PM.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    This episode, despite being a huge waste of potential, looks very good and excellently animated. It'll easily be the best of the saga so far no matter what happens.
    Ash and May battling alone makes this episode good. Although I still wish we got a Grovyle Vs. Combusken match, the two of them controlling the two Hitmon's should be very good as well.

I wonder who will win!? It could go either way.

Everyone keeps talking about Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, but why not Hitmontop? I mean he's also in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    Everyone keeps talking about Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, but why not Hitmontop? I mean he's also in the show.
    I don't think hitmontop was used in the battle between Ash and May, which is where the majority of the focus seems to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Churly
    I'll be the first to ask the question thats on everyones mind.

Is Jessie's Hair back to normal?
    Second question being, who won? Unless Team Rocket interupted the battle so it never ended so there isn't a winner or a loser.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Jessie's hair is back to normal just as I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    Second question being, who won? Unless Team Rocket interupted the battle so it never ended so there isn't a winner or a loser.
    If Rocketto Dan dosen't interfere with the battle, I'm hoping Satoshi winds up winning. I know they're using Pokemon they've never used before, but over three years experience in training and battling gives Satoshi a bit of an edge.

Also, Haruka just had her Zenigame learn Ice Beam and in the very next episode (much to my distaste) beat Harley in the contest she was in. If they let Haruka win this too, it would make it look like the writers favor Haruka over the other characters (well, more so then usual). I think it's Satoshi's turn to win.
    Last edited by DarkWobbuffet; 30th September 2005 at 6:24 PM.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Havent seen the episode yet but im sure that if the battle isn't interupted and nothing stupid happens then ash will win. He's more experienced then may and a better battler and has alot more confidence in himself then may has in herself. The time where Torchic battled i think it was tailow was the stupidest thing i ever saw. torchic used ember on ash therefore he couldn't command taillow anymore and he lost.lol, what the hell was that. but anyway may couldn't beat him in a fair battle at that time so that was the only way.

Nobody won the match. TR interrupted as usual and they didn't finish battling afterwards. I call cop out!
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 30th September 2005 at 8:38 PM.

Blaziken master Guest

Looked at the pics on the main site

I'm not sure of what was going on,but as well as a breloom cameo,there was also a hariyama.The hitmontop belonged to the girl and used it against TR.This ep made me think of the hitmontop debut because TR made a pointless return at the end of the ep and the Dojo master almost looked the same,except he had a hooked nose.

I. Hate. TR.

They degraded this episode. Pure and simple. There was no reason at all to interupt that spectacular match. Is this all that they're good for, cutting in on a major fight to bring the adrenaline down?

Otherwise, a fantastic episode. Good animation. I don't see why they didn't opt for a more in-game relation, but oh well. Very Japanish.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I agree with V Faction this was a good episode, and could've been even better if TR didnt interupt the match. Man its times like this that i hate them. It was great to see Hariyama. The animation was very good. Jessie has her hair back to normal. Man Hitmochan was fast, when he was getting couple of hits in may was so excited thats why they had the firey background, but when ash had hitmonlee knee hitmochan in the face and make it fall down may's face was priceless. lol.

It seems like the writers are too scared to ever have a definite winner between Ash or May. Whenever they battle each other they never have a "real" ending.

Are they really worried that people will think May is stronger than Ash if she beats him in a real battle? Or are they worried that Ash will put May in her place in a non-contest battle?

It seems they don't want to have either Ash or May have a clear victory over the other.

Man what a drag, so obvious in was going to end in a tie.

Yeah Team Rocket become irritable in situations like this but they're only made out to be because the writers haven't got any other frigging ideas in how to finish ties off. Either that or they just play it out until the narrator concludes the episode, which sucks too.

It figures that they wouldn't want to have either Ash or May win over the other. If May beats the seasoned trainer, it would be unrealistic and people would complain that she was turning into a canon-Sue. If Ash beats the female co-ordinator, it might look as though the writers were undercutting May's profession, suggesting that co-ordinators aren't really any great shakes at battling - or worse, that girls can't win against boys. It doesn't put out a great message. Although TR interrupting is still a cop-out. But hey, that's what they always do. Ash and Misty's gym battle (for which rather more was at stake) is a case in point.
    Last edited by Jo-Jo; 23rd January 2006 at 12:55 PM.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Looks like what I expected- wasted potential of what could have easily been the best episode in a long while.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Why is the entire episode, including the cool battle, wasted just because there was no winner?
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

If you had fun watching it, isn't that all that counts?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    If you had fun watching it, isn't that all that counts?
    Indeed, people seem to be letting their expectations get the better of them and stop them from enjoying the episodes for what they are...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast