Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pasta La Vista! (422)

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenDreams
    Ash has been in 5 seasons and he SHOULD be better than May because he has more experience.
    If the show were more appreciate of Ash's experience he'd totally walk over May... they had to make them seem even or it wouldn't have been much of a match (or episode), would it?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

BrokenDreams Guest

Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    If the show were more appreciate of Ash's experience he'd totally walk over May... they had to make them seem even or it wouldn't have been much of a match (or episode), would it?
    Well, you have a point that Ash would totally walk over May if the authors had some respect. But it would be understandable for Ash to lose to someone like Tetsuya or Harrison because they have been trainers longer and have managed to evovle their pokemon to their peak(unlike SOMEONE else we know *cough*Ash*cough*), but May has only been a character for one season and shouldn't be able to be as a threat to Ash because he should have more knowlegde of pokemon battling than her, not only because he was older and was a trainer for 5 seasons, but also because ASH IS THE FRIGGIN" MAIN CHARACTER AND DESERVES MORE RESPECT THAN MAY! I mean, the proof is in her uber squirtle. Ash never got a super powerful pokemon, other than Charizard, who pretty much had issues until Charizard Valley, unlike the all powerful and clumsy May who isn't the main, main character.

*Looked at the pics*
    It looks good. The fights are excelent IMO. can anyone tell me what attack was that "giant punch" from hitmonchan?

aw this episode was so cool.
    The Kapoera-Girl..whatever her name was..was veeeery cute and sexy IMO..In the Kapoera attacking scene it looked almost like a panty-shot..too bad it´s pokemon ^^"

oh, and I liked the "ramen-mecha-slice-scene".
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa
    aw this episode was so cool.
    The Kapoera-Girl..whatever her name was..was veeeery cute and sexy IMO..In the Kapoera attacking scene it looked almost like a panty-shot..too bad it´s pokemon ^^"

oh, and I liked the "ramen-mecha-slice-scene".
    That was one thing I forgot to talk about.That girl was one of the best things in this episode,she was so hot

I enjoyed this episode, poor Brock, his scenes were hilarious. And the fights were great too, although i didn't like the fact that they reused the animation for Hitmonchan's punch about 3 or 4 times.
    I actually thought Hitmonlee was the better battler out of the two, that last second knee to the face.....even I felt that.
    .:Team Leaf:.

Sprites by Pokesho, Zerudez, MisterReno & RedRooster

I loved seeing Sawamuraa and Ebiwaraa again

Takeshi being ignored was funny! but I hate NOODLES!!!

TR was stupid in this episode, I loved the battle of Sawamuraa and Ebiwaraa, shame TR interupted and then Kapoeraa jumps in to save the day...

9/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    That was one thing I forgot to talk about.That girl was one of the best things in this episode,she was so hot
    Chigusa > Whatever-her-name was.
    Pure n' simple~

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Chigusa > Whatever-her-name was.
    Pure n' simple~
    Have to agree to that!

So why exactly did May and Ash battle? That seems to be something nobody mentioned. I understand one guy got a back problem and so one character would take over for him but what about the other?

Indeed what exactly was going on with the plot? It seemed one guy and the girl were in love or something but the father/grandfather was against it and he and the guy had some kind of rivalry or something.

And what the heck was May so angry/fired up (in her eyes) about?

Brock being ignored is made fun of! Got to love that!

And having Hitmonlee show it can use punching attacks was really great to see. Ash's flexible fighting style realyl shows here.

Overall the animation alone seems to make this episode worth watching. I for one echo what others have said that if the rest of the battle was enjoyable than it shouldn't ruin the episode for you if the battle doesn't finish.

Well, you have a point that Ash would totally walk over May if the authors had some respect. But it would be understandable for Ash to lose to someone like Tetsuya or Harrison because they have been trainers longer and have managed to evovle their pokemon to their peak(unlike SOMEONE else we know *cough*Ash*cough*), but May has only been a character for one season and shouldn't be able to be as a threat to Ash because he should have more knowlegde of pokemon battling than her, not only because he was older and was a trainer for 5 seasons, but also because ASH IS THE FRIGGIN" MAIN CHARACTER AND DESERVES MORE RESPECT THAN MAY!
    But May learned directly from Ash and Brock, enabling her to grow in experience more quickly. Plus, wasn't it a respectful move to have them using Pokemon that were not theirs and thus of fairly equal experience level? Those Pokemon's already present skills are what made the match so even.

I mean, the proof is in her uber squirtle. Ash never got a super powerful pokemon, other than Charizard, who pretty much had issues until Charizard Valley, unlike the all powerful and clumsy May who isn't the main, main character.
    Wow... I guess you weren't around for the countless ranting threads about Ash's uber Pikachu back in the day... dark times those were...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    So why exactly did May and Ash battle? That seems to be something nobody mentioned. I understand one guy got a back problem and so one character would take over for him but what about the other?
    Kyoutaro seemed to have a problem with the fact that he had to face Ash and not his father himself. I don't know why, but perhaps he figured that his father's side would automatically have a disadvantage, since the deputy (Ash) wasn't familiar with the Pokémon (Hitmonlee).
    I guess he just wanted to beat his father fair and square, so letting May battle instead of himself gave him the feeling that the match was more equitable.

Indeed what exactly was going on with the plot? It seemed one guy and the girl were in love or something but the father/grandfather was against it and he and the guy had some kind of rivalry or something.
    Tsuguyo (the girl) seemed to have a crush on Kyoutaro, but that was just a negligible feature to the plot in my opinion.
    Hamaguri (the old man) intended to give up being the Dojo leader, so he wanted his son to take over. Kyoutaro, on the other hand, wanted to stay at his ramen shop, so the two of them were constantly fighting.
    Tsuguyo was just upset to see those two being angry at each other all the time.
    And concerning the battle..Hamaguri decided that if Kyoutaro won a battle against his Hitmonlee, he'd let him do whatever he wanted. If Hamaguri won, Kyoutaro would take over the dojo.

And what the heck was May so angry/fired up (in her eyes) about?
    She wanted to eat those "Battle Ramen" (yeah, strange name) she had spotted at Kyoutaro's ramen shop at the beginning of the episode. That's also the reason why she wanted Kyoutaro to win the match against his father. I think she wasn't really interested in resolving the problem between Hamaguri and his son, she just wanted Kyoutaro to return to his shop so she can eat. Pure excitement, I guess.

During the battle, Max was surprised at how well May was doing, and Brock assumed the urge to eat ramen was sort of inciting her O.o

Er, yeah. Can't explain it better, sorry X_X
    Last edited by Sushi; 3rd October 2005 at 11:00 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Wow...guess desserts aren't the only foods May goes crazy over >.> In a way she's even worse than Ash...

*makes note never to get in a fight with a hungry May*
    "The Melody of Reason will Play the Note of Truth"

May has always loved food, ever since early AG. Main characters always love to eat for some reason, May should be glad that she's still thin after everything she eats.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    May has always loved food, ever since early AG. Main characters always love to eat for some reason, May should be glad that she's still thin after everything she eats.
    maybe it all goes straight to her breasts? eh, nevermind...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Maybe she's bulimic, it would explain a lot.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

BrokenDreams Guest

Listen here you ****ing moron! I have watch pokemon since the it started. So what if Ash's pikachu was uber, it's his first and main pokemon. Ash should have defeated her easily since freaking pokemon trainer for 5 season. what dumb *** you really are, even though both pokemon are in the same level, Ash should at least known better tactics then May. Plus with the uber pickachu, I'm fine with that, people who can't stand Ash's main pokemon to be the strongest are just plain morons. Plus I know alot people who hate that squirtle, I wish it would be made into squirtle soup very soon. Heck I hope that obnormal growth spert of a girl get's breast cancer but that I know won't happen. I quess you must be a May fan for all the credit you have given the obnormal growth breasted *****!. Ash having very strong is fine with me, but May having it easy in the Hoen season and getting a super skitty and the mutated squirtle is not fine with me. She should be struggling just like Ash in the Orange islands, man that girl has everything handed to her in silver plater but she gets to in the top 8 in the Grand Festival, while Ash top 16 in his very 1st league. So I cen tell that the writers are giving May more credit then Ash ever had. If Drew never beaten Ash I would praboblly be okay, but Ash had rechangllenged the Pewter, Vermillion, rebattle Sabrina but never really won, and Blaine so you can tell that the writers were pretty harsh on Ash in the Indigo league, while May had only lost 2 contest. So what now Pokemon Fan, go ahead and lectured about this stupid episode. And those people who liked this episode and was wowed by the battle, please have some common sense, now matter how much lectures Ash has given May, he should have more better tactics and should have beaten May and Drew easily!. All of you people may have some grude on me, but I'm just telling the truth, May shouldn't be in the same level in battling skils as Ash, even though battling pokemon with the same level.

[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/Pufflizard/emot-words.gif[/IMG135]
    Good god...

first of, use paragraphs. I could barely read what you just said.

secondly, don't be an asshat for little reason... character bashing isn't going to get you respect...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Whoa calm down there Mr. Broken Dreams.

No need to throw a fit because you don't know how to debate properly.

BrokenDreams Guest

Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    Good god...

first of, use paragraphs. I could barely read what you just said.

secondly, don't be an asshat for little reason... character bashing isn't going to get you respect...
    I am so sorry, my brother has been hogging the computer recently and typing something with my account without my knowledge. Please forgive me for not paying attention that he might write something so rude on here. I, on the other hand, think May is pretty good and secretly hoped for her to win, but my brother hates her. So, please forgive my brother.

Oh, so it's the brother excuse?

I simply looooove this episode (I just watched it), the fight was great ... until Team Rocket showed off (U_U)

Hey, I didn´t noted that Haruka is always hungry, but c´mon, weren´t you hungry if you walked almost all day long? I think that´s the reason that she don´t get fat (^_^)

And, another point about the experience of Satoshi and Haruka: She is a Gym Leader´s daughter, maybe Senri don´t let she and Masato watch the Gym fights, but maybe he let them watch how he trains his Pokémon AND let´s remember that Hitmonchan knows Sky Uppercut, just like Combusken AND maybe Haruka used the Pokédex to see Hitmonchan´s attacks.

Yes, maybe Haruka is not as experienced as Satoshi, but she is a coordinator, in Pokémon Contests, the strenght is not the key, is the way you uses the attacks that counts

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007
    Hey, I didn´t noted that Haruka is always hungry, but c´mon, weren´t you hungry if you walked almost all day long? I think that´s the reason that she don´t get fat (^_^)
    Either that or she has the same metabolisim as Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi) and Usagi (Sailor Moon). XP

Well like most of you guys, I too was disappointed that Rocketto Dan had to interefere with yet another great battle. It looked like Satoshi and Sawamular had the upper hand (or in this case upper leg), but it could have been anyone's game if those two had connected their attacks.

Guess aside from that Subame vs Agehunt battle we had back in early Houen, we're not going to have any clear deciding Satoshi vs Haruka battles, but I can kinda understand why...

If Satoshi were to lose to Haruka, it would outrage many Satoshi fans who have seen their fav character who has had experience in training for five seasons get his *** handed to him by someone who's not only been training for one season, but specializes in Pokemon beauty contests. (I can understand what they're going at however, it's like your little brother beating you in Smash Bros when you've been practicing for 3 years and he's only been playing for a month or so.)

As for if Haruka lost to Satoshi... I guess it's just that whole guys vs girls debate. (which oddly enough dosen't seem to apply to when Shuu beats Haruka, maybe he's secretly... I'll stop there :P )

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Flying Tropius Guest

I don't like the hitom(s) and thats that

I know but wat are u goin to do XD

Am I the only one who's NOT upset that we got a tie!? I mean, let's say that one of them wins the fight. What would that do for us? What would happen afterwards? NOTHING, that's what. You guys act like whoever wins the battle will get some sort of spin-off series or something, and the fact that the Rocket-Dan effed it up for us. It didn't. Whether this filler battle has a clear victor or not won't affect anything that happens in the rest of the series.

This episode is going to get the crap edited out of it when it gets dubbed, though. Tons of punches and hits to the face that are going to get replaced by those full-screen impact stars.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast