Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pasta La Vista! (422)

And Serebii said the title was dumb because noodles weren't a big part of the episode? This was an ok episode. I would have rather seen different pokemon than Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee fighting though.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Well,they were probably at the fighting dojo in Safforon(sp?) City like in the games.

It was okay. I'm glad the Hitmon's got shown. They need more love. They're awsome. I also got a question. The next episode will have the terible voice actors right? If that's the case I'm not recording it, even if it does look awsome.
    [CENTER]Stuff I Claimed
    Homeworld (Claim Fav. Video Game)
    Breaking Benjamin Unknown Soldier (Claim Fav. Song)

Quote Originally Posted by General Blaze
    I also got a question. The next episode will have the terible voice actors right? If that's the case I'm not recording it, even if it does look awsome.
    What terrible voice actors?

Ah, I see. You must be confusing the word "terrible" with "new-and-inexperienced,-but-will-get-much-better-with-practice."

'Tis cool, I make that mistake all the time. :p
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Oh, the last episode dubbed by 4 Kids. Whoa, bye bye old voice actors. Dated 7-8-06, last episode.

This episode was pretty cool. I actually enjoyed it. It was funny May doing anything, and will do nothing to get her noodles. She actually fought really well against Ash, even though the battle was never determined. I busted out laughin about Master Ham dream owning a cart and sell noodles, and how he was fightin against his son about this. Wow, all the irony...

Brock:You are all overlooking the obvious solution to this problem.
    All:Huh?
    Brock:The answer is simple....i'll marry Terry and then I can take over the dojo!
    All:*ignores him*
    Hax!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I think PUSA hinted at still using puns, or at least, they won't be direct translations of the Japanese titles.
    How did they hint at puns?

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    Well,they were probably at the fighting dojo in Safforon(sp?) City like in the games.
    Yep that was the one in Saffron City.

I loved May in this episode, doing anything for her beloved noodles.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

When Master Dojo was arguing with his son and their words were inaudible they keep doint the same animation over and over. <__<

I hated Master Ham. For one his name was so dumb. Plus, he voice was horrible!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Ham and Noodles! xP Also May tasted the noodles and never even commented.o_0 I guess Ham's weren't really that great.

-Judai
    Last edited by Judai Yuki; 10th July 2006 at 7:48 AM.

This episode was fun, the only problem was the how May got intoduced into the story. Noodles? Come on. I loved how Ash was all confused in the begining about what was happing. And it was cute how Max was hiding behind Ash becuase he was afraid of the old guy LOL. Brock scared me in the episode =[
    Also I shall miss Ash old voice and every one else.
    Last edited by dannyphantomhott; 10th July 2006 at 8:22 AM.

A little question that's been bothering me for a few days. I've heard a lot that the show will no longer be on WB11 (obviously). I know that the show will now feature the new VA's and will be on Catroon Network. I think I heard that it will be part of the Toonami line up. Is this true (as I just want to make sure)?
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

It's definitely going to Cartoon Network, sometime in September for the new season.

Right now it's rumoured to air on Miguzi, but nothing is confirmed yet.

I really loved this episode. :P
    And the title pun...dear lord. LOL.
        Spoiler:- Heh, I just wanted to use a spoiler tag. :P:

First two by the amazing Teppo Pepper The far right one from Pokemon Source
        Spoiler:- MayxDrew AshxMisty PikachuxPokechow:

Read My Fanfics:
    No Coincidence , Just Beyond The City Walls

Good:
    1. Hitmontop, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan appearing after almost 200 episodes of being stuffed in the "Closet of Forgotten Pokémon".
    2. Seeing Ash and Pikachu scrubbing floors.

Bad:
    1. Last episode with the original voice actors.

Ugly:
    1. Ham's voice, and the fact he's named Master Ham.
    2. The towns fixation with noodles.

In my opinion, Pokémon has a 50/50 chance of either being on Miguzi, or the first show on the Toonami lineup.
    Last edited by IrkenAdolescent; 12th July 2006 at 12:09 AM.

^Mine^

Meowth: "Noodles? But I don't know nuttin' 'bout linguistics!"

LOL

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes of the season, but it did have some good points to it. I really liked the father/son storyline between Kyle and Ham (LOL at "Ham"), Brock getting ignored several times by the girl, May insisting on getting pasta (and all the fiery gags), and Meowth getting mad over Jessie and James leaving him with the cart.

It is sad that this is the final time we'll get to hear all the voices we know and love. At least the Mastermind special wasn't bad once I got used to it, which means I could get used to new voices, but it won't be the same. I love the dub, and I love the work the voice actors do with the dub. I'll miss such great voices as ES's James and Brock, VT's Ash and May, and so many of the familiar pokemon voices. I can only hope that the new dub crew will be okay (especially so I can still keep waving my dub banner in my sig), but I will miss the old crew.

Overall, 7/10 for the episode, 9.9/10 for the old dub crew (taken down one point for one character I refuse to name who has sounded awful this season).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

That was Eric Stuart who was voicing the old man.

I kinda like the girl Terry, even though she was just a filler character

OK, what I thought... (of the dub version)

I really liked the storyline. It had a lot of funny parts, and I was actually quite surprised to see that Terry didn't like Kyle in that way after all. It's been a while since the Pokemon anime surprised me... I mean, don't get me wrong - I love it. It's just... really predictable.

And I really liked the BGM that played during Ash and May's battle. The "Lance Song"(as I call it), yay! I looove that song... and as I can't find my Yellow and never play my FireRed, it's been quite a while since I heard the RBGYFRLG battle theme... brings back memories, ya know?

Anyway, on a sadder note...

Pasta la vista, 4Kids... I'll sort of miss you even if I used to sort of hate you. Absense makes the heart grow fonder. As Sabrina said "I never stopped hating it, not one day in 10 years. But now... somehow I can't... WAAHH!"

Actually, that fits quite well, with it being Pokemon's 10th anniversery. True that the (dub) show has only been going on eight years, but still...

However, I've finally decided to give the new VA's a chance... it's unfair how everyone hates them. It's not THEIR fault everyone else left. And though I'll never forget Veronica, Rachel, Eric, Maddie, Lisa, ect... I suppose I'll learn to like their replacements eventually.
    Last edited by SheWhoLovesPineapples; 15th July 2006 at 5:08 AM.
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

Munchlax_eater13 Guest

Default The last dubbed ep

I can't believe this is the last episode dubbed by 4kids, the last ep to air on kids WB! and the last ep with the old voice actors. Don't worry they will do new voice actors.

It's going to sound really weird and hard getting used to for the new voice actors. I'm gonna miss James's voice, his voice acting was hilarious!
    Friend Code: 0774 1920 3684

Quote Originally Posted by Munchlax_eater13
    I can't believe this is the last episode dubbed by 4kids, the last ep to air on kids WB! and the last ep with the old voice actors. Don't worry they will do new voice actors.
    -sniffle- Kids WB, WHY!?? You betrayed me!!
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

With a title like 'Pasta la Vista' and Ash being the last human to speak in the ep., it's a sad cue. It's 4Kids's way to say good-bye. But whatever happens in the future, and wherever they go, a little boy and his mouse[Ash and Pikachu] will always be playing. That's based on Pooh, by the way.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Quote Originally Posted by Munchlax_eater13 View Post
    I know what you mean *wipes tear* All of that gone before our very eyes. *Sigh* I guess it's true you start appriciating things more once there gone.

This was a good episode May wanted those noodles so bad. I liked this episode even though it was the last for...
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast