Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pasta La Vista! (422)

The infamous "4Kids last dubbed episode" episode. The actors played their roles well in this episode. The old man was clearly the best character in this episode bar none.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Anyone think ash's comment to pikachu about winning the battle frontier (in an episode having nothing to do with the frontier brains) and then his classic laugh was a purposeful "last time" thing, since of course it was the last time having Veronica Taylor's voice?
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    Anyone think ash's comment to pikachu about winning the battle frontier (in an episode having nothing to do with the frontier brains) and then his classic laugh was a purposeful "last time" thing, since of course it was the last time having Veronica Taylor's voice?
    He likely said the same thing in the Japanese version though.

I'll be honest: I find this episode incredibly retarded in terms of plot, but what this episode marks really strikes a sensitive chord with me, so I can't help but tear up whenever I watch this one.

I hate the episode itself, but it marked the last time I'd ever get to hear my favorite voice actors on Pokémon. They are Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, Rachael Lillis, Maddie Blaustein, and Amy Birnbaum.

I really can't even begin to express how much I have missed these guys over the years. It's a damn shame 4Kids and TPCi couldn't have worked something out rather than the awful way they handled things, and 4Kids kept on going with the dub. I really feel that looking back, they were the best company for the job, not TPCi.

Anyway, as stupid as the episode is, I remember it for being the final time the English dub was ever really itself for me. And so, I say goodbye to 4Kids who really did a truly wonderful job during their tenure with Pokémon.

People criticize them for the edits, the errors, and the replaced music (all things TPCi has continued to do in more or less the same way, mind you), but 4Kids showed a great deal more care and effort when handling the dub to me than TPCi ever really has. So, that's all I have to say there.

As for Veronica and company...well, what a tragedy they got shafted. Just wrong on every level to me. I feel really bad they went out on such a crappy filler episode, but they made the episode good for me, so I thank them for it and say I always miss them myself.

Dub: 100/100

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He likely said the same thing in the Japanese version though.
    He did.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th June 2013 at 5:28 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

This was probably one of the funniest episodes of the series. And had great battles and animation so it was a good ep for 4kids to go out on.

This was a pretty good episode, it was pretty funny. May scared me in it with her noodles obsession XD. I also enjoyed the battle between Ash and May.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678