View Poll Results: From the past 2 series, which is your favourite battle scene / Pokemon battle so far?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyranitar vs Blaziken (Series 1, Episode 2, Chapter 4)

5 17.24%
  • Black Jack Vs Cassandra (Series 1, Episode 3, Chapter 5)

0 0%
  • Black Jack Vs Mewtwo (Series 1, Episode 4, Chaptesr 2 – 3)

5 17.24%
  • Black Jack Vs Ash (Series 1, Episode 7, Chapters 2 – 4)

5 17.24%
  • Black Jack and Ash Vs William Mane (Series 1, Episodes 9 and 10)

2 6.90%
  • Ash Vs Mutant Kecleon (Series 2, Episode 5, Chapter 2)

3 10.34%
  • Wes and co. Vs Team Dark's tank (Series 2, Episode 3, Chapter 2 - 3)

1 3.45%
  • Black Jack Vs Damien Tusk (Series 2, Episode 10, Chapters 1 – 2)

1 3.45%
  • Black Jack, Ash and Wes Vs Team Dark’s psycho pokemon (Series 2, Episode 11, Chapter 1 – 3)

5 17.24%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

2 6.90%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Impact 3 (Rated PG13)

ARAND CHAOS FIRE TRAINER Guest

lol Monkey Jerry good one Sike Saner, pretty funny chapter Feraligatr is just plain hilarious and the robbers why did they shoot Alice must have had a pretty good reason... or not.Anyway pretty good chapter didn't see any grammar errors and so the wait continues for the next chapter of monkey Jerry... i mean Pokemon Impact III lol.

SSW: Yeah, good old Feraligatr. ^_^ About those robbers, if you were a robber, robbing a bank, you wouldn’t want any witnesses would you? If you do something bad, and if you know you did, and if you don’t to get caught, always hide the evidence. Yes, you can ask pokemon questions.

Sike: Haha! You got the monkey boy bit! ^^ Yep, Black Jack and his arrogance, you can’t beat it. You’ll be seeing more of those thieves soon and thanks for the cookie. I never listened to that song, but I’ll try to find it when I have the time.

Arand: ‘Ello, mate. Feraligatr’s not the only pokemon character that’s funny in this series. And the robbers, I already answered that; see my response for SSW.

SSW’s question for Black Jack: Who is your favorite pokemon?
    Black Jack says: If you’re referring to the boys I hang around with, I’m going to say all of them… obviously. Why? Because we’ve been together for very a long time, even though Tyranitar is the first pokemon I had since the very beginning and Chan (The Blaziken) is the last pokemon to team up with me, still that doesn’t matter. We train together, we fight together, and we look out for each other. Even when I was one of those TR punks. I had no human partners because of my anti-social behaviour, these six pokemon were my only partners and friends. And, they wouldn’t eat me, which also makes it a plus.

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Chapter 2

That evening, Alice was in a spare apartment of the pokemon center that her group was staying for some time. The room had two beds, a desk with a mirror on top of it, and a small bathroom. Originally, the two beds were for Alice and her uncle Black Jack, but since Jerry joined the group Black Jack gave his bed up to him since he doesn’t sleep.

She sat at the desk and was looking at the mirror while brushing her shoulder length hair wearing her usual attire and noticed Jerry walking in with a tired look on his face. Exhausted, he fell on top of his bed with his face on the pillow.

“Hey, Jerry,” Alice said with a smile on her face.

“Hey,” Jerry muffled in a tired voice. “What’cha doin’?”

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. I have to go soon.”

Jerry slowly turned his head towards Alice. “Oh? Meeting someone?” he asked as Alice tied her hair into a ponytail.

“Yeah, Keith Marsden.”

“What!?” Jerry yelled in an alarmed way as he quickly sat up on his bed. “That guy’s a jerk!”

“Hey?” Alice responded in a confused tone.

“I battled him the other night, before the boss took me in,” Jerry said while moving his hands, expressing his feelings towards that past battle. “He told me he was Keith himself!”

Alice began questioning Jerry about Keith’s appearance such as the clothes he wore and what colour and style his hair had. And each question Jerry answered matched the young teen that Alice had been hanging around with.

“Jerry, Keith was probably putting his game face on when he was battling with you,” Alice said theoretically. “My uncle’s always like that.”

“Alice, as your best friend, I’m begging you, don’t…”

Jerry suddenly fell asleep and collapsed on his bed due to the exhaustion from the long and tiring training that Black Jack gave him all day. “[Poor Jerry],” Alice thought to herself in concern as she covered the blanket over her friend. “****aining all day and night].”

As she got to the door, she looked back at Jerry. “Goodnight, Jerry,” she whispered to herself. “I’ll keep everything in mind.”

Downstairs in the main hall of the Pokemon Center, Black Jack was sitting on one of the benches reading a newspaper. As he read, he heard sliding doors opening and some footsteps coming towards him but he didn’t look up from his paper. “Hey, Keith,” he said, sounding as though he was expecting him.

“How did you know it was me?” Keith asked sounding quite surprised.

“Well, you did say that you’d meet Alice here,” Black Jack replied as he placed the newspaper aside. “Y’know, it’s kinda weird when you save a man’s niece and then ask her out on a date.”

“Er… it’s not a date,” Keith replied in defence. “It’s just two friends going to a non-fancy restaurant to have dinner, have a nice little chat and not kissing.”

“Uh-huh, sure,” Black Jack replied in an unconvinced tone while nodding his head.

They noticed someone coming their way and turned their attention to that person. It was Alice, who was wearing her everyday clothing. “Hi, Keith,” she said smiling.

“Hi,” Keith replied back, blushing slightly. “You look… nice.”

“Thanks,” Alice replied back, now also blushing a tinted pink. “Ready?”

“Yep, ready.”

As they walked away they said and waved Black Jack their goodbyes. “Be careful out there,” Black Jack replied. As Alice and Keith walked out of the center, Black Jack had a small smile on his face noticing how grown up his niece had become. “My brother’s daughter…” he said softly to himself.

Alice and Keith walked down the streets of Lilycove City. There was an awkward quietness between for a few minutes them but Alice spoke. “So, Keith,” she said. “Where are we going?”

“Nothing special,” Keith replied. “It’s just a fast food restaurant.”

“That’s okay. As long as there’s no trouble going around, that’s fine.”

But as they walked down the road, they were unaware that they were being spied upon as a shadowy figure, wearing a black cloak that covered all over his body, was staring down on them from the top of a nearby building. “That Keith…” he grumbled. “Why is he with that girl?”

After some time walking, Alice and Keith got to their destination but discovered that it was almost completely packed. “A lot of people here,” Keith said noticeably. “At least there’s no queue.”

“I got an idea,” Alice said. “How about we take the food as a takeaway and eat in the park?”

“Yeah, good idea,” Keith replied as he placed his hand on his stomach. “I’m getting pretty hungry anyway.”

Somewhere, in a dark room with various controllers, a number of people in blue pirate clothing were looking through different monitors. In the center of the room stood a six-foot five, medium built man wearing blue jeans, black jacket with a stripy blue and white t-shirt underneath, and a blue bandanna on his head. He had a scar shaped like a cross on his right cheek and an eye patch on his left eye. He looked down on a cloaked figure with anger in his eyes.

“You’re sure?” he snarled.

“Positive,” the cloaked man replied. “I saw it with my own eyes.”

“That brat cannot betray us!” the man snarled.

Meanwhile, Black Jack was resting on the roof with a bottle of beer next to him. He was thinking some random thoughts. His pokemon were resting in the pokemon center.

“[Hey, Black Jack],” sent a girly voice. Black Jack sat up in surprise and looked around and saw two Gardevoirs standing next to each other, holding paws. One of them had a scar in the middle of her face. Black Jack became slightly surprised when he saw them.

“Hey, Sonya, Orion,” Black Jack said, recognising them. “I guess that means that Cassandra and Wally must’ve brought you guys here.”

Five years ago, Black Jack and a young girl named Cassandra had a short rivalry because of their attitudes between each other. But after they defeated a street gang called the Rocket Revengers, they began to respect for each other.

Some time later after that, Cassandra discovered that her Gardevoir, Sonya, fell in love with Wally’s Gardevoir, Orion. After some convincing, Sonya had the courage to confess her feelings towards Orion, which he admitted that he fell for her too and they had been dating ever since.

“[(We’re on holiday as you can tell, Black Jack)],” Orion sent. “[They’re on a date tonight, though they don’t like to admit it].”

“You guys trained hard to speak into people’s minds,” Black Jack said. “Can we have a little chat or are you guys on a date as well?”

“[(We’re just floating about)],” Sonya sent. “[(Sure we can stay and chat…)]”

Meanwhile, Alice and Keith were eating their takeaway dinner as they looked up to the dark skies, watching the stars.

“Hey, look,” Alice said pointing to a bunch. “That looks like a baby Pichu. See that small zigzag tail and the medium sized ears?

“Yeah,” Keith said noticeably and then spotted another bunch that displayed another shaped. “Hey! Those shapes look like two Arcanines killing each other just for a scrap of meat.”

Keith let out a small laugh while Alice looked awkwardly at him. “I never done this before,” Keith said.

“My folks and I do this a lot,” Alice said. “My uncle once told me that stars like those tell stories. Like those two Arcanines you spotted, they’re not fighting over a scrap of meat. If I remember correctly that’s the story about an Arcanine called Ranger, who wanted to leave his group of his own kind to be with his mate Katrina, who came from another group of Arcanines and Growlithes.

“But the bad leader of that group, called Wildfire, wouldn’t have that because she came from another group and they got into a fight, which was a long and bad one. Katrina didn’t want to see her mate get hurt anymore and got in Wildfire’s way.

“Wildfire was about kill her instead but another Arcanine from Katrina’s group and saved her and Ranger from them in a nick of time. They welcomed him into the group and accepted him as one of their own. It’s kinda romantic and heart warming if you think about it, right, Keith?”

“Yeah,” Keith replied uneasily. “Nice story.”

“Something wrong, Keith?” Alice asked, sensing some negatives feelings from him.

“I’ve been wondering…” Keith started, and then he let out a small sigh as he turned his head away from her, sounding like he had given up like something wasn’t worth it. “No, it’s nothing.”

“Keith,” Alice said as she placed her hand on his shoulder, unaware that that made him blush a small tinted pink colour on his face. “What’s wrong? You can tell me.”

“It’s just that for the past few years, I…” Keith started again but then stopped. He let out another sigh. “It’s nothing…” he said as he moved her hand away from him. “I gotta go.”

Keith got up to his feet and started walking away but Alice couldn’t let her friend go feeling saddened with an unknown reason. “Keith, wait,” Alice called loudly yet softly.

Keith stopped and looked back towards Alice, looking at her sad face. He slowly turned away from her and was about to walk away again but he spotted a few suspicious shadowy figures coming towards him. “[What the…]” he thought.

He quickly turned round and saw Alice looking the other way, spotting a few more shadowy figures coming towards them. Soon, they discovered that they were being surrounded. As the figures came closer and closer, the colours of their clothing became more visible. They were wearing pirate-like clothing such as blue bandannas and blue and white stripy t-shirts.

“Well, well… at last, we meet Lisa Hummingburg,” said one the pirates as she stepped forward, much to Lisa’s surprise. She was standing at least six-foot tall and had long red hair, wore long blue trousers, black high heeled boots, blue and white stripy t-shirt with a blue vest over it, and a blue bandanna on her head.

“[How did she know my name?]” Alice asked herself in thought as she and Keith stood back to back.

“What are you doing out here? And so alone?” the woman asked in an evil tone. She then looked at Keith. “Well, Keith,” she said. “Been looking for more grunts to do the dirty work for you or are you planning on leaving us?”

“What? Keith, is she saying…” Alice asked, noticing something suspicious is going on.

Keith was about to explain but the woman yelled everyone that sided with her to attack Alice. Everyone lobbed out their pokeballs and released their pokemon, which turned out that they were all water types such as Walerins, Cloysters and Golducks.

Alice took out two pokeballs off her belt. “Big Brother! Glacia!” she yelled as she tossed them out. “Let’s go!”

Her two pokeballs released a huge brown bear with a ring on his midsection and a small yet fierce black weasel with claw-like paws.

Keith also took out two pokeballs of his own. “Umbreon! Alakazam! Go!” Keith yelled as he tossed them out, releasing a small black dog with ring patterns on different parts of his body and a mystical creature holding a spoon on each paw. “Unless you and your lackeys want to avoid pain, Ruth, I suggest you leave us alone for good!” Keith yelled towards the opposition. “I’m not part of you anymore!”

“[Keith?]” Alice thought in shock and concern. “[Was he a part of this team?]”

“You dare betray us?” Ruth yelled. “Very well, we have showed you what it’s like to betray the team that you belong to… Team Ocean!”

“[Team Ocean…]” Alice thought as she listened intently. “[I gotta warn my uncle about them… if I can get out of this alive].”

“I belong to nobody!” Keith yelled.

“I knew you’d be stupid enough to fight against us, you fool,” Ruth said. “Attack!”

Everyone yelled out their attack commands to their respective pokemon, engaging in a hectic battle. For Keith, Alice and their pokemon, they were in for a fight of their lives.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    More coming! Reviews please!

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

“You dare betray us?” Ruth yelled. “Very well, we have showed you what it’s like to betray the team that you belong to… Team Ocean!”
    Hm...Now I'm unsure what to think of Keith...it'll be intruiging to see where that leads.

While I'm here, I have an opportunity to mention how much I like the names Sonya and Orion (especially the latter). Any time a character has such a cool name as either of those, I simply must call it out, because that's something I always appreciate. Just thought I'd let you know. ^_^
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

Thanks, Sike. You'll be learning more about Keith next week.

You like the names as well? Thanks. There's more nicknames that I came up with in the past and I there's gonna be some more in future.

While you guys are waiting, I think I'll put on a little spoiler for next week's chapter...

Spoiler:

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

[QUOTE=Brian Powell]Chapter 2

“Yeah,” Keith said noticeably and then spotted another bunch that displayed another shaped. “Hey! Those shapes look like two Arcanines killing each other just for a scrap of meat.”

Keith let out a small laugh while Alice looked awkwardly at him. “I never done this before,” Keith said.

[QUOTE]
    that came from lion king.
    Monkey see
    Monkey do
    Monkey just made a fool of you.

Legendaryrider: Did you like the chapter though?

Chapter 3

All of the members of Team Ocean, present, ordered their pokemon to attack Alice, Keith and their pokemon while they had no choice but to defend themselves.

“Big Brother! Glacia!” Alice yelled. “Double Slash attack!”

The Ursaring and the Sneasel yelled their battle cries as they ran towards them. Glacia, being the quicker of the two, leapt on top of Big Brother’s shoulder and then leapt into the air, confusing their opponents. Using this to their advantage, Glacia dived down towards the pokemon that were focusing on the bear, while Big Brother attacked those that got confused.

“Nice double team there, Alice,” Keith commented with a smile.

“Well, as long as you got a great pokemon and strategy you’re bound to do something good,” Alice replied with a wink.

“Time to show mine,” Keith said. “Alakazam! Use your Pysbeam attack!”

A green aura surrounded Alakazam’s body as he began to focus his energy and blasted out a green beam towards the opposition, knocking them into confusion.

“Way to go!” Keith yelled. “Umbreon! Use your Swift attack!”

The black dog leaped into the air and the ring patterns on his body glowed energetically as he shot out small energy stars out of his mouth, which hit some of the grunts staggering them.

“Big Brother! Glacia! Get out of there!” Alice yelled.

Big Brother, with his great strength, managed to fend off the pokemon of Team Ocean and get away from them while Glacia struggled to get away but luckily Big Brother bashed his way through to save her and carried her back at a safe distance.

Four of Team Ocean’s Tentacruels stepped towards and shot numerous energetic spikes out of their mouths towards their opponents. “Poison Sting attacks!” Keith warned.

“Dodge out of the way!” Keith and Alice yelled in unison. Their pokemon obeyed as they quickly dodge the attack, as did they when the attack was coming towards as they quickly ducked down.

Unluckily for Keith that attack was a decoy as one of Ocean’s Walerines rushed and tackled him, sending him flying until his head and back hit the tree. Alice became distracted and yelled out to Keith but he wasn’t able to respond because he was unconscious. She then looked back towards the battle scene and saw that her pokemon were struggling against the opposition.

Noticing that their trainer was unable to move, Alakazam and Umbreon ran over to him and tried to wake their trainer up but to no avail as the enemy continued attacking them, not allowing them to fight back.

Alice was in deep trouble as her pokemon were continuously being attacked by Team Ocean. With her partner unconscious and his pokemon left beaten, the numbers game have caught up with her. Realising how badly hurt that Big Brother and Glacia were getting, she quickly took out two pokeballs.

As she was about to toss them out to release her creatures to help Big Brother and Glacia she got knocked down by a charging Cloyster.

She fell harshly to the ground and shook away the dizziness only to be hit by a Poison Sting attack from one of Team Ocean’s Tentacruels. “Well, boys,” Ruth said. “Let’s show her what happens what it feels to be hit by pokemon… especially when they’re from Team Ocean.” With that, all of the pokemon of Team Ocean began pounding unmercifully on her while the human members watched with cold eyes and smiles.

Meanwhile, Keith slowly moved, shaking his head to remove the dizziness. When he came to, he saw Alice, being badly hurt by Team Ocean and their pokemon while his pokemon lay on the ground unconscious and heavily injured.

He took out his third pokeball and tossed it out, releasing his black Dragonite. Curious of what was going on he looked towards the battle scene and then down on Keith, who was getting to his feet. “Darkness,” Keith said. “Get Alice and her pokemon out of here, I’ll hold them off.”

Darkness became shocked of Keith’s instructions and shook his head, refusing to obey them. “I’ll be fine,” Keith said while he returned his pokemon back into their pokeballs, knowing that his Dragonite doesn’t want him to risk his life. “I got three other pokemon left to help me. Just do it!”

Darkness became hesitant but he stretched his wings and flew at the speed of light towards the members, knocking them down in an attempt to grab Alice, Glacia and Big Brother. As he did, he flew off into the sky carrying the badly injured Alice and Glacia in his arms and Big Brother holding onto his back.

“Whatever you do, don’t look back!” Keith yelled loudly, hoping that Darkness was able to hear him. He then turned around and saw members of Team Ocean giving malicious looks while he looked back in hatred.

Back at the pokemon center, Black Jack walked around the main hall of the pokemon center with hands behind his back while the Gardevoirs sat on the benches, their backs next to the walls, looking at him in curiosity.

“What’s keeping Alice?” Black Jack asked himself. “I told them to be back here by ten earlier today when he asked her out.”

“[(Don’t worry, Black Jack,)]” Sonya sent in an assuring tone. “[(So what? She’s gonna be a little bit late at some point. I mean what could happen)]?”

“[(Yeah, it’s not like she’s dealing with a couple of muggers)],” Orion sent.

“You two don’t go out much, do you?” Black Jack asked in response.

He looked outside his window and saw a black dragon flying towards the center and spotted Alice and Glacia in his arms and Big Brother on his back. His eyes widened with shock. “Alice!” he said loudly as he rushed outside, followed by the Gardevoirs.

As he got outside, Darkness safely landed to the ground. He placed Alice on the ground and she rushed towards him and started to hug him as tears began to form in her eyes while her pokemon ran to comfort her. “Alice,” Black Jack said in a concerned tone. “What happened?”

“Uncle…” Alice sobbed. “I’m sorry… it’s Keith…”

Back at the park, Keith was being held at by the arms by two men, making him immobile, and was getting battered, bloodied and bruised by his ‘teammates’.

“That’s enough, boys,” Ruth said, holding her hands out, stopping her men from attacking him. “Hold him up.”

She walked a distance closer to him and then slapped him on the face. Keith slowly looked back with a look of hate on his face. “I recognise that face,” Ruth said. “We had a feeling that you would betray us again sooner or later.”

“I never wanted to team up with you freaks anyway,” Keith growled.

“You owe us, Keith. Remember our deal? We would tell you when you are through and you’re not even close,” Ruth said arrogantly as she backslapped him on the cheek.

“You punks!” Keith said. “I worked hard enough to take a trip to Hawaii.”

“Hawaii’s not on schedule,” Ruth said as she took out a knife out of her sheath attached to her belt. “But if you wish I can send you to hell.”

She raised her knife above her head and then quickly moved it, aiming for his forehead. “Ow!” yelled a voice, immediately stopping Ruth’s attack. They looked at the direction where the voice was heard and it turned out that one of the grunts’ was rubbing his hurt head. He looked down and saw an empty beer bottle. “Hey, where did this come from?” he asked.

“Behind you!” snarled a familiar angry man’s voice. Everyone looked into the man’s direction and it turned out to be Black Jack, accompanied by his ‘young cub’, Darkness, the Gardevoirs and his pokemon. “You think you can pick on my niece and get away with it? It looks like you did a lot of damage on her and now it’s time I do the same…” he cracked his fist into the palm of his hand and then cracked his other fist. “Only heavier.”

“I doubt that,” Ruth said. “We, of Team Ocean, plan to capture all of the strong water pokemon trainers and the rarest water pokemon on the planet. I see that you have met one of our former comrades, Keith Marsden. He and his father owe us a little favour and made them follow our orders.”

“Team Ocean?” Black Jack said. “Sounds like a rip-off version of Team Aqua that Ketchum beaten up years ago.” Without waiting for a response he and his pokemon, plus the two Gardevoirs and Darkness, got into battle against Team Ocean.

As the battle started Black Jack and the pokemon that sided with him, using physical force, were knocking down all of the grunts and their pokemon. After they were all knocked down, Black Jack and his teammates looked at each other and nodded, splitting up into different directions.

Chan the Blaziken came close to his chosen victims and got into his fighting stance. The Ocean grunts and their pokemon slowly picked themselves up, surrounding him. One of them attempted to attack him from behind but the red fiery fighter sensed it coming and quickly turned around while kicking him in the face. The other grunts tried to attack him as well but the Blaziken countered each and every one of them with his quick and vicious kicks. He looked around to see how many were left standing. As he was about to choose his next couple of opponents, another standing grunt came charging towards him from behind but he countered him with his back fist punch, yelling out his battle cry, without turning around, knocking him out.

Feraligatr was knocking down each and every one that was on Team Ocean’s side that attempted to attack him. “(Hey! Feraligatr)!” his friend Nidoking called, catching his attention. “(Tag me! Tag me)!”

Feraligatr turned his attention towards his Poison Drill friend, who was holding the grunt from behind by the arms. The blue crocodile walked over to him and tagged him by the paw and then punched the grunt in the stomach, making him fall the ground withering in pain.

On another part of the battlefield, Metagross was using its psychic powers to make his victims float in the air and unable to move. The grunts and the pokemon looked up and saw the blue dragon Salamance and the black dragon Darkness flying above them and saw what was coming next as they had cold sweat drops on their faces. As expected, Salamance and Darkness stopped flapping their wings and fell at a great height, crashing down on top of their enemies and squashing them onto the ground.

Meanwhile, another bunch of grunts and their pokemon were pounding on Orion and Sonya while Tyranitar and Black Jack knocked down another grunt, they saw that their Psychic comrades were in trouble. The green dinosaur quickly walked ahead of Black Jack and kneeled down with his head leaning forward. Black Jack saw what his pokemon’s intention was as he quickly ran up towards him from behind and leapt on his shoulder; he then leapt off and crash-landed on top of his enemies, not only knocking them but his teammates down as well. “(Lucha libre)!” his Nidoking roared excitedly after he saw the stunt Black Jack performed.

As the battling continued, despite Team Ocean’s strength in numbers, the pokemon that sided with Black Jack were dominating against them. Realising this, half of grunts ran away while the others stayed and got beaten in the process.

Black Jack and his pokemon looked around to see if there was anyone else standing. “Jeez, there’s always one left when we think we’re done,” Black Jack said in an annoyed tone as he looked at Ruth, standing behind the weakened Keith while holding a knife by his throat.

“Step any closer and the boy dies,” Ruth threatened as she stepped away from them while holding him.

“You’re a little late to say that, aren’t you?” said a young girl’s voice.

Before Ruth could react, a familiar pair of hands grabbed her wrist that was holding the knife. As they struggled to gain control of the knife, Ruth accidentally let Keith go as he fell to floor.

Black Jack quickly ran towards them to help Alice but she made Ruth drop the knife before he could. He stopped and stood where he was, looking at Alice’s angry face while she glared angrily at the now scared Ruth.

Ruth held her hands out towards her. “Don’t… don’t hit me,” she begged. “I’m just leaving.”

She took a step away from her… and then aimed to slam her fist on her face. But Alice blocked her punch with her hand and then slapped her in the face with the other, staggering her. Ruth became stunned and shocked for a brief second and turned her angry face towards her. “You slapped me?” she shouted. “No one slaps me!”

She was about to attack Alice again but Black Jack grabbed her from behind, he forcefully turned her around and headbutted her on the forehead, knocking her down. After shaking off the dizziness off her head, Ruth placed her hand inside her pocket and took out a mirror. She was horrified when she saw a huge purple bruise on her forehead that Black Jack inflicted. “My face…” she sobbed. “My beautiful face… don’t you know how to treat a lady?”

“I do,” Black Jack replied. “But for you I’m making an exception. Now get out!”

Ruth took her chance to escape as she ran out of the scene, leaving Black Jack with a nasty look on his face. He then turned and saw Alice kneeling down towards Keith, who was badly injured.

“Keith,” Alice whispered sadly. “Are you okay?”

Keith let out a small groan in response as he struggled to move. “It’s okay,” he said. “I’ll live.”

Black Jack moved towards them, still with a nasty look on his face as he stared down on Keith and Alice noticed it.

“He… he saved me, uncle…” Alice said, sounding slightly scared. “And…”

Black Jack moved his hand towards Keith, offering to help him up. “Get on your feet, kid,” he said.

“Huh?” Keith muttered, unsure of what Black Jack’s intentions were.

“I said get up, kid!” Black Jack said loudly, assuming that Keith did not hear him properly the first time. “Get up!”

Keith quickly grasped Black Jack’s hand and Black Jack pulled him up so that he could stand upright with Alice helping him. “Let me help you get to the pokemon center, Keith,” Alice said as she wrapped his arm around her shoulders, attempting to help him stand upright. “It’s the least I can do.”

Keith looked at her concerned face and gave a small nod, allowing her to carry him to the pokemon center. She struggled to help him walk to the pokemon center; despite her weak and hurt body she had a strong heart and soul.

Black Jack noticed this and grabbed hold of Keith and hoisted him on his shoulder. “What are you doing, uncle?” Alice asked.

“This way, Keith doesn’t have to walk and you can take it easy,” Black Jack replied.

“Actually, I feel kinda oozy,” Keith said feeling his gut being slightly squeezed.

Meanwhile, somewhere in a dark room a familiar man looked down on Ruth with a disappointed look on his face. “Ruth, I’m disappointed,” he said. “You allowed that brat to be free from our grasp… now he’s in the hands of Black Jack.”

“Yes, sir,” Ruth said with her head hanging low. “Even though I wish for it, I know I cannot be forgiven… I’m ready to receive my punishment.”

“Silence. You are already punished at the hands of Black Jack when he humiliated you and headbutted you in the head,” the man said. “To him, this is a warning to you and he could do much worse plus this is the first time you failed me. Therefore, I shall spare you this time. Now leave.”

“Thank you, sir,” she said. Still feeling ashamed, she made her way out of the room. After she left, the man stood where he was. “[Keith’s betrayal and Black Jack’s interference were not part of the original plan… but maybe… maybe…]”

Next episode: Alice enters a pokemon contest that features three of the most difficult judges to impress. Can she win it? Wait and see.
    ----------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

A/N: In memory of Eddie Guerrero, 1967-2005
    Last edited by Brian Powell; 14th November 2005 at 7:12 PM.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

very good chapter and i've realized that you use scenes from the lion king
    one & two.anyways i liked where the team ocean girl got headbutted.
    I am no longer into Pokemon. I believe this will be the last time I visit these forums. Farewell.

Easily the best chapter thus far - great action, great suspense, and good use of the characters. I enjoyed the battle scenes, as well as getting a closer look at Team Ocean. Nifty work. ^_^
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

[smacks head on wall] Damn my un-activeness!

Nice chaps, it's nice on all of the perspectives so far. No really, it is. I like it mate =)

C-YA L8ER (a.k.a 29th January >_> [curses his un-activeness])

-D_C-
    All your base are belong to US.

$$$$$$
    $$$$$$
    $$$$$$

SSW: Yep, I’ll admit it but I changed those scenes into my own version. Personally, I prefer the bit when Ruth got slapped in the face.

Sike: The best so far? You ain’t seen nothing yet.

DC: Take my advice – Take your time. I’m just glad that you’re enjoying it. 29th January? Are you working for Santa or something? Anyways, see ya soon?

A little spoiler for the next chapter before I go…

Spoiler:

Plus, there will be characters that you’ll find familiar from the forums or in real life. I’m not saying who they are until I place my next chapter next week.

Until then, peace.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

First and formost: I didn't know you were a WWE fan! I like Cena too! He's pretty cool. I have his songs on my Itunes and I gavve his cd to my friend.

Now, onto the review I promised you. I got three words for ya, Bri.

Oh. My. God!

Nice characterization. Awesome setting and it's a darker than expected Pokemon fic. This is a cool trainer fic in the fact that it's very realistic. It's very cool and not sugary sweet. I like the action and the drama. We could use more stories like this on SPP.

Once again, Kudos Brian! Excellent work on an excellent fic. I can't wait to read more. The twins are really cool and remind me a bit of the twins in my story. Course as you know they can hold their own in a fight without any pokemon.

Have you considered writing a non pokemon fic? I think you'd be pretty good at it. Once again, good job!

LX
    I am the author of the webcomic, Starbolts and host of the comic review show, Comic Showcase. Please check out the action here: http://starbolts.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cferra1227

Master of Legends Guest

lol omg hey Brian its blaziken... it wouldnt let me log in so iv been inactive for a looooong time... i still love ur story!! and black jack is still the best!!... but wats up with jerry?? he has good pokemon but he sucks.... odd ne way long time no talk heh heh i mean type

EDIT brian! what happened to ur tyranator avvy??? it was cool!! i still realy like ur writing!! ur #1!!
    Last edited by Master of Legends; 20th November 2005 at 11:20 PM.

Ledian_X: Aw, cheers. Have I thought about writing a non-pokemon fic? Yes I have and I'll probably write one eventually.

MOL: Hey, Blaziken1234, I remember you. You're one of my fans of PI. Where have you been all this time? Never mind, you're back and that counts. Jerry? Let's just say that it's bad luck. My avatar? I thought of something better because there I get more reviews on my comedy one-shots. Plus, it goes well with my user title.

MOL: Yes, I still remember you, But please don't double post.

Now before I continue, I would like to say that there are some characters in this episode that would remind you of a couple of celebrities and forum members. I put them in there for fun. So, if you want, you can take a guess on who those people are.

Episode 3: Contest Washout

Chapter 1

It was a few days since Keith left Team Ocean to join Black Jack’s group. Jerry didn’t like the idea at first but it took him time to get used to it when he noticed how concerned Alice was. During Keith’s days of recovery, Black Jack was looking for a two-seated sidecar that he would place next his motorcycle while Alice, Jerry, Cassandra, Wally and the pokemon kept Keith company while he was resting in on his hospital bed. While they did, they couldn’t help but wonder what Team Ocean would do next.

At one point, while they kept Keith company, Black Jack made his entrance announcing that he found and bought the sidecar for the motorcycle.

He looked down at the recovering Keith. “So, kid,” he said. “What’s your story with Team Ocean?”

Concerned faces appeared on the faces on his ‘cubs’ and ‘acquaintances’, feeling that Keith may not feel comfortable to explain. But Keith felt different; he felt that he could trust his new friends, thus he told his story.

“A couple of years ago,” he started. “My dad was working at a food store, which was being unsuccessful when it was competing against a rival shop. We became bankrupt and we needed some money desperately. That’s where Team Ocean came in…

“They offered a huge sum of money, providing that we work for them. We had no choice so we had to…

“My dad and I were working for them for a very long time. Every mission we did involved stealing money and goods, and hurting others. I hated them for that and I hated myself…

“Another reason why I hated them was that there was one time where my dad died when he put himself on the line when he saved the group by staying behind to detonate a bomb inside a bank, making sure that there would be no evidences after we ran away with the loot. I begged him not to but you can do the math…”

“No one had any sympathy for me or my dad. Since then, while I was doing my missions, successful but not the way they like it, I was searching for anyone that could help… that was when you guys came into the picture… and you know the rest.”

“[Sounds just like me while I was Team Rocket],” Black Jack thought to himself. “[Glad that he’s away from them].”

“Keith…” Alice said sadly as tears formed in her eyes while she wiped them off. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry about your dad.”

“It’s okay,” Keith said. “I wanna thank you guys for helping me out back there and for me to hang around with you guys.”

“Coming to think of it,” Black Jack said. “I bet your old man is smiling from above because you’re safe with us.”

“Jerry, what do you think?” Alice said as she turned towards him.

“Just one question,” Jerry said. “If you’re such a nice guy, why were you, like, showing off while we were battling?”

“It’s the way I am, thanks to Ocean,” Keith replied. “I thought I lost hope of getting away from them until you guys came along.”

Jerry still had his unconvinced look on his face, much to Alice’s concern. “Can’t you just be friends with him, Jerry? After what he’s been through and what he’s done for us?” she asked.

He let out a small sigh, thinking of how he was going to put up with a guy who embarrassed him in their battle. “Alright,” he said. “But I still hate you!”

“Still haven’t gotten over that battle we had, Jerry?” Keith asked cheekily.

Jerry let out an annoyed grunt as he turned his back on Keith, looking outside the window. Black Jack, Wally and Cassandra noticed that this rivalry might have just begun.

After Keith was released from hospital, Cassandra and Wally told their friends that they had some important stuff to do. Therefore, they went into different directions, saying they would meet up later at the pokemon center.

It was the same day that a pokemon contest would be opened for pokemon coordinators as Black Jack and his ‘cubs’ spotted a poster.

“Hey! A new pokemon contest is coming on today,” Alice said. “It’s called the ‘Golden Ribbon’. The poster says that it’s not just any contest, it’s for the golden ribbon plus get to be in the masters’ rank. Can I participate, uncle?”

“Ya need to ask?” Black Jack asked in reply. “Go ahead.”

“Hey up,” Jerry said as he looked at the poster. “There’s more. The rules stated that twenty trainers, interested, are to register and compete. First round involves the studio audience to vote for the best-looking pokemon. Only eight can go through the next round and the rest are eliminated.

“The second round involves the pokemon performing stunts. Four goes through to the next round the other four won’t. Same goes for round three but only two will go through.

“The fourth and final round would have two trainers battling each other and judges will judge on how well they perform, based on coolness, cuteness and stuff. Tough competition from my view.”

“I didn’t know you could read, Jerry,” Keith said.

“What was that!?” Jerry shouted as he turned his attention towards him with a vain throbbing in his forehead.

“I’m joking, bud!” Keith said in defence, showing a small cheeky grin while Black Jack shook his head in disappointment.

“I’m not your buddy!” Jerry yelled.

“[Jerry is such an easy guy to fool],” Black Jack thought to himself as he looked at the poster checked to see who would be judging the competition. “Karen Tuskbourne, Bill Fireman and Brian Powell,” he read out loud.

“Brian Powell!?” Jerry exclaimed in surprise, quickly stopped being angry towards Keith. “He’s the most hardest and harshest critic when it comes to talent, even when it comes to pokemon contests.”

“Let’s not forget about Bill,” Keith continued. “Even at his old age, I heard he’s not… ‘all there’.”

“C’mon, you guys!” Alice said loudly, getting their attention. “If we don’t hurry, we’ll miss our chance! It’s not far from here!”

She, Keith and Jerry, ran to their destination while Black Jack slowly followed, walking. As they made it to their destination, a lot of people gathered there. The building for that was being held pokemon contest looked like a huge purple dome with large entrance doors. “Wow,” Alice said in surprise. “I think they are all desperate to impress those judges.”

“I doubt that,” a young teen’s voice said. They turned towards the voice’s attention. He was wearing a light purple jacket with a black shirt underneath, blue jeans, and a pair of brown shoes; he also had green eyes and hair.

“Hey! I heard about you!” Jerry said as he pointed to him. “You must be Drew Whatsisname. The guy who sometimes competes against May Maple.”

“Drew Moore,” Keith whispered in his ear, which made him angrily turn his head towards him.

“Thanks for recognising me,” Drew said. “I’m afraid that these are spectators, a lot of them are coordinators who are afraid to impress those judges.”

“So, are you entering?” Keith asked.

“Me? No,” Drew answered in a confident tone. “I just take my time becoming a top pokemon coordinator, I’m too good for them anyway.”

“Then prove it,” Black Jack said. “If you’re so confident with your abilities as a pokemon coordinator then what’s stopping you from entering? I heard that opportunities like these don’t come very often.”

“Well, let’s just say that I’m not an opportunist,” Drew replied as he walked away.

“Heh, whatever,” Black Jack said with a shrug. “He’s got all the ribbons, least he could do is learn a few things.”

“Attention!” a voice sounded from a nearby speaker that was attached by a post. “There are only a few spaces left, so trainers, make sure you register if you want to compete in this competition.”

“C’mon! Let’s go!” Alice cried as she grabbed hold of Jerry’s and Keith’s wrists and ran towards the dome while Black Jack slowly followed.

As they got inside the building, they noticed that there was no cue at the registration tables, despite a huge number of people walking around the main entrance hall. Alice quickly ran over there to register for entry while Black Jack and his other ‘cubs’ went to the audience member registration table.

At the audience member registration table, Keith and Black Jack mentioned their names while Jerry slightly hesitated to give out his full name when it was his turn. “May I have your name, sir?” the lady receptionist asked.

“Er… Jerry…” Jerry replied and then he closed in on her face whispering his second name.

“Okay, Mr. Jerry Tickler,” the lady said out loud as she typed down various keys on her computer while fell to the floor in shock and embarrassment.

“[Gah!]” Jerry snarled in thought as he quickly got up and fought the urge to jump up and down in anger. He found his family name quite embarrassing and felt that someone may make fun out of him if they found out. “[What’s the point of giving away your full name if they’re going to say to it anyway!]”

“Tickler? That’s your second name?” Black Jack asked.

“You’re not laughing?” Jerry asked in surprise.

“No, we’re not laughing,” Keith replied as he and Black Jack turned their backs on Jerry, hiding away their smiles.

As they got to the centre of the room to discuss Alice’s plans on the contest, a girl’s voice was heard. “Oh my gosh! It’s Alice Hummingburg!” she said loudly and excitedly.

That caught their attention; they turned towards the direction of the voice and saw two girls standing next to each other. One had blue shoulder length hair and a pretty looking face; she also had a blue mini skirt, blue and yellow trainers, and a white t-shirt with a picture of a heart-shaped pokemon on it. The other had ginger hair that reached down her neck and also had a pretty face. She had a yellow t-shirt on, blue jeans and a pair of white trainers.

“Oh my gosh! It’s Dawn ‘Water’ Spirit and Peach Suomi!” Alice cried, also excited as she dashed over to them.

“We love you guys!” the three girls cried happily in unison, much to Black Jack and Keith’s awkward surprise.

The girls quickly got into a conversation about how they loved each other’s past contest strategies, skills and their pokemon. They then released their respective pokemon that they would be using in the contest. Dawn released her beautiful sea snake Gorebyss, Peach released her pink and cute kitten Skitty, and Alice released her Togetic, QT.

After spending some time talking, Alice lightly slapped herself in the forehead as she forgot something. “Ah! I forgot to introduce you to some friends of mine,” she said.

She took them over to her friends and relatives and she introduced them to him first. “Black Jack,” Dawn, the girl in blue, said as she and Peach, the girl in yellow and orange, offered to shake his hand. “It’s an honour to finally meet you, one of the most famous trainers.”

“And since you know Ash and Misty,” Peach continued. “We’d make it a triple honour.”

“Pleasure’s all mine,” Black Jack replied as he accepted their offer and compliments as he looked down on the Gorebyss and Skitty. “Hey, what are their names?”

“This is Coral,” Dawn said motioning to her Gorebyss. “Like Peach, she’s been around with me before I started pokemon training. They’re like sisters to me.”

“Gorebyss gore,” Coral cooed in delight as she felt a light stroke from her trainer.

Peach picked up her Skitty and held her in front of her chest. “Hello, my name’s Smitty,” she said cutely, pretending to be the Skitty’s speaking voice. “I’m so happy to meet you nice people.”

“Meow,” Smitty mewed cutely while waving her tiny paw.

“Don’t mind her, she’s always like this, but it’s really cute when you look at it.” Dawn said, which Peach replied with a thank you.

“This is Keith,” Alice said as she motioned them over to Keith. “One of my friends.”

“Hi, Keith,” Peach and Dawn said in unison.

“Hey,” Keith said as he shook their hands.

“We have never seen you before,” Peach said. “Pokemon trainer?”

Keith replied with a nod. “Started at ten,” he replied.

“You look older then ten,” Dawn said. “Have you competed in a league or contest?”

“Nope. Never did.”

“Why’s that?” Peach asked unaware that Alice was looking concerned for her newfound friend, thinking that he may not be ready to reveal his secret.

“Let’s just say that I don’t like being on TV,” Keith replied with a small smile on his face.

“And this is Jerry,” Alice said as she motioned them over to him.

“Hi, Jerry,” the girls said in unison as they offered to shake his hand.

Jerry’s eyes were widened as a tint red colour was showing on his face. He stuttered and mumbled as he slowly shook their hands. Black Jack noticed this and quickly moved him away from them. “Don’t mind him,” he said. “He’s always like this with new people.”

“Okay,” Dawn said as she winked. “Peach and I will meet you guys at the contest.”

“Yeah, wish you luck and wish us luck,” Peach said as she and Dawn left. “See you later,” they said unison.

As the two left, Alice, Keith and Black Jack stared at Jerry vacant looking face for numerous moments before Alice and Keith started laughing, snapping him out of his trance while Black Jack shook his head while rolling his eyes.

“What?” Jerry asked in confusion.

“You like them, don’t you, Jerry?” Keith asked cheekily.

“Oh, shut up!” Jerry snarled as a red blush appeared on his face.

“Will you young cubs cut it out!?” Black Jack complained. “Alice has got work to do, and she may need our help. The show starts in half an hour.”

And with that, Black Jack and his cubs set off to discuss Alice’s plans on how to win this upcoming competition.
    --------------------------------------------------
    For those of you that didn’t recognise a few familiar names, I’ll give you the answers but I kept them hidden if you still want to guess to your heart’s content.

Celebrities:
        Spoiler:

Forums:
        Spoiler:

In the meantime, more coming! Reviews please!

EDIT:
    I placed a poll here, to see what your favourite battle scene or pokemon battle. All you have to do is vote. If you want, you can explain why in your post too.
    Last edited by Brian Powell; 21st November 2005 at 2:04 PM.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Master of Legends Guest

like all ur chapter.. its amazing!! great descriptian and is jerry gettin a girlfriend??? lol sorry about the double post i deleted it

EDIT: y? lol WHY? it was the greatest battle descriptian i ever read!! amazing i loved it (iv read the battle part 10 times) lol keep up the good work and good descriptian
    Last edited by Master of Legends; 21st November 2005 at 6:05 PM.

“Tickler? That’s your second name?” Black Jack asked.

“You’re not laughing?” Jerry asked in surprise.

“No, we’re not laughing,” Keith replied as he and Black Jack turned their backs on Jerry, hiding away their smiles.
    I'm laughing. :3 And I'm not bothering to hide my smile, either.

I laugh at Jerry, but I'm feeling quite sorry for Keith...Dang, poor guy. I'll say it's boss, though, that you're preparing to bring contest goodness upon us; I've been gaining interest in contests for some time. Looking forward to more! ^_^
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

MOL: Thanks, mate. Jerry? Girlfirend? Most unlikely. One question, which one did you choose?

Sike Saner: Yeah, I know that's a funny name. I giggled a little bit when I thought of that. To tell you something, this is the first time I'm describing a contest scene... and I'm a little nervous about that. But, then again, I'm pretty excited about that.

I'm not an American but happy Thanksgiving, people.
    Last edited by Brian Powell; 24th November 2005 at 10:54 AM.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

yes of course(SP) sorry ot took me so long to get back.
    Monkey see
    Monkey do
    Monkey just made a fool of you.

Legendaryrider: Of course? About what? Thanks for responding but what did you think of the last chapter?

Chapter 2

As the contestants and spectators were getting ready for the contest, at the back of the stage, an old chubby man in a smart suit was sitting at his desk searching for something. “Where’s my cell phone?” he asked himself. “Ah-ha!” he said in delight as he picked up a banana from the desk. “Here’s what I’m looking for!”

He pressed a few times on the banana and used it as a phone. “Hello? Is anyone there?” Then he came to the realisation as he moved it away from his ear and looked at it. “Hang on a second! This isn’t my phone! Yes it is!”

“Who said that?” he asked himself as he looked at himself in the mirror. “Ah! Who are you?!” he yelled in a sudden fright.

He shook his head rapidly to get back to his senses. “Stupid thing,” he muttered as he tossed the fruit away and then picked up his phone, much to his glee. “Ah-ha! Here’s what I’m looking for!” he said before he used it as an electronic razor.

While he was ‘shaving’ a man came and knocked on his opened door getting his attention. He was medium built, had bushy eyebrows and was wearing a grey tight t-shirt, black jeans, and brown shoes. “Bill,” he started. “Are you alright?”

“Of course I am, Brian,” Bill replied positively and enthusiastically. “Why?”

“Me, Karen and the TV producers have been talking and we’re a little worried that you might be a little… confused.”

“Confused? No chance, my boy!” Bill said loudly. “He might be,” he continued as he pointed at the mirror, reflecting the mirror image of himself. “But I’m definitely not! Now come on! Let’s go!”

With that, Bill quickly got up and walked out the room. “Bill, wait a minute,” Brian called in alert. “You’ve forgot your…”

Suddenly, a bunch of girls screamed in fright from outside the room. “Trousers,” Brian finished as he scratched his head in embarrassment.

Meanwhile, at the spectators’ gallery of the contest hall, Black Jack and Keith sat next to each other while there was a vacant seat next to Black Jack. That seat belong to none other than Jerry as he came down the stairs carrying a huge tub of popcorn and three large beverages.

He struggled to get through a large crowd to get to his seat. When he did, he gave one beverage each to Black Jack and Keith before sitting down on his seat.

“So when is the show starting?” Jerry asked as he quickly stuffed some of the popcorn in his mouth.

“It’s starting right now,” Black Jack said as a man wearing a tuxedo walked up on stage carrying a microphone.

“Ladies and gentlemen!” the judge exclaimed enthusiastically into the microphone. “Welcome to the Golden Ribbon contest!”

The audience gave a long and loud cheer, apart from the slightly surprised Black Jack who responded by saying, “Jeez, it’s not pantomime.”

“First, before we meet the contestants, I would like to introduce three of the smartest and wisest minds of talent today!” the host said enthusiastically as he pointed to the judging panel at the left side of the stage. “Unfortunately, they couldn’t be here today, so we have Karen Tuskbourne with us today…” he continued as the woman with brown hair and dress waved to the audience as they cheered for her.

“Bill Fireman…” the host continued as the chubby old man was taking a nap in his chair until a middle-aged man wearing a tux woke him up, getting him to wave to the audience.

“And Brian Powell,” the host finished as the crowd started booing at Brian.

“I haven’t started,” Brian replied back arrogantly.

“And now,” the host continued. “Let us meet the contestants!”

One by one, the trainers, accompanied by their respective pokemon, walked onto the stage. As Black jack and his two students expected, Alice, Dawn and Peach came up on stage, along with a coordinator that they didn’t expect to see… Drew, the coordinator who refused to participate at first. He entered the contest along with a beautiful grass type pokemon, Roselia.

“I thought he wasn’t going to turn up,” Keith whispered to Black Jack.

“Neither did I,” Black Jack whispered back. “Maybe it was something I said.”

“Okay folks!” the host yelled excitedly. “In the first round is the voting round. The contestants and pokemon won’t need to perform in this round but the audience, that’s you guys, will have to vote for the contestant you want to see go to the next round. Under your seats are keypads with numbered buttons, press the numbered button that matches with the number of your favourite contestant to help them get through to the next round. The top eight contestants who gets the most votes will go through, the rest will go home.”

“Huh?” Jerry replied, feeling confused.

Black Jack let out a small annoyed sigh. “Just press Alice’s number, eighteen,” he replied as he pointed the button of Jerry’s keypad as he picked up his.

“Everybody ready?” the host yelled. “Vote now!”

Everyone in the audience pressed their buttons, hoping to see their favourite go through the next round. “Voting over!” the host announced. “While the votes are being counted, we’ll have the judges’ opinions.”

He turned towards the judges. “Karen,” he said. “Who do you think might get through?”

“Oh, I don’t know, they all look absolutely fabulous,” Karen said passionately. “They all look precious like the precious pokemon I have at home.”

“Thank you, Karen,” the host said as he turned towards Bill. “Bill, what do you think?”

“I have no idea,” Bill said, amazed at the sight of each pokemon present. “Decisions like these can be so hard. I can’t make a decision like this.” He then mumbled to himself, “Yes you can.” He then yelled, “Who said that!?”

Shocked, Bill began looking around, wondering who said it, not realising that it was actually him who said that while Brian placed his hand on his face in embarrassment. “Continue, mate, continue,” he said.

“Thank you, Bill,” the host turned to the third judge. “Brian?”

“I don’t get it,” Brian said. “Trainers feed their pokemon pokeblocks. Why? Well, they said that eating those sweets would make them look smarter, look cooler, look more beautiful, etc. Like those two Mr. Mimes over there,” he continued as he pointed at the two pokemon who looked clowns. “I don’t know what pokeblocks they’ve been feeding on but they both look the same to me. Therefore, I have no clue who’s going through.”

“There is an old saying, Brian,” Karen said, trying to sound smart. “The real beauty comes from the inside.”

“That’s just something you ugly people say,” Brian replied back, which annoyed her as the crowd started booing him again. “I take it that you people see yourselves as ugly too,” he said.

Karen became angry at Brian’s remark as an anime vain started to throb in her forehead. “How dare you, you...”

“Brian! Not in front of the children!” Bill exclaimed alarmingly at her, knowing what she was going to say.

“Bill, I’m Brian,” Brian said loudly to him. “She’s Karen.”

“Oh, sorry, Karen,” Bill said as he turned towards Brian.

“Can we just get on, please?” Brian said in an annoyed tone. “Getting rather awkward here.”

“Okay, okay,” the host said. “Can I have the results please?”

A man in everyday clothing and headphones ran up to the stage and delivered a piece of paper to him. “Thank you, Charlie,” the host said as he took the paper.

“It’s Bob, actually,” the man said as he walked away.

The host began to read out the top eight contestants. As Black Jack hoped, Alice was through to the next round. Peach and Dawn were also through, much to Jerry’s joy. Drew was also put into the next round. As Black Jack looked at the eight contestants, he predicted that Drew, Alice, Peach and Dawn would be in the top four.

After the announcement of the top eight contestants, they were given a half-hour recess. Alice was in her dressing room backstage, helping QT practice some moves for the contest. The room was a luxurious looking room with a white polished desk with a mirror next to one of the yellow walls, a leather couch, a number of celebrity posters and red carpet.

While they practised, there was knocking on the door, catching their attention.

“Come in,” Alice responded. The door opened, her friends and uncle entered the room.

“Nervous?” Black Jack asked.

“Yeah, a little,” Alice replied, trying to sound honest. Despite that she was trying to sound brave, Black Jack knew better.

“Ya mind if I help you out, Alice?” Jerry said enthusiastically. “I got something big in my head that would blow the crowd away.”

“Thanks, Jerry,” Alice said. “But I want to show everybody what I can do without help this time.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Because after all this time, I’ve been getting help from Uncle Jack with my contests. Right now, since I’m in the toughest pokemon contest around, I want to show everyone that I’ve got what it takes to be one of the best.”

“She’s got you there, Jerry,” Keith said.

Jerry hung his head low, feeling embarrassed again. “Why does it always have to be you who mock me?” he muttered.

“Don’t you want to at least show us what you’re planning?” Black Jack asked.

“Sorry, uncle,” Alice replied. “But you know me, I don’t like to ruin surprises.”

Black Jack showed a fitting smile, feeling that his niece would bring out a great performance. “Fair enough,” he said. He then turned towards the other two kids. “C’mon you young cubs. Alice and QT’s still got more practising to do.”

As they left, Alice let out a huge sigh, trying to release her nerves, knowing how hard it would be to impress the most difficult judges. She remembered her first participation in her first pokemon contest...

-Flashback-

She was sitting in a locker room. She was sitting on a bench with a coloured cube in her fingers called a pokeblock, a pokemon sweet she was planning to feed one to QT, a Togepi at the time who was sitting next to her, to increase her statistics, such as her cuteness.

Apart from QT there was no one else in that room, not even Black Jack. Earlier that day before the contest, she had some practising for that event with some help from him. As the start of the contest was getting closer, Alice asked for her uncle to practice alone with QT in the locker room, which Black Jack agreed to.

The real reason why she wanted to be alone was because of her nerves and she didn’t want to show him how weak she was. Her nerves was getting too much for her as tears began to form in her eyes.

Seeing this, QT let out some small cute chirps, assuring her that they would do great in that contest. Alice turned towards QT and showed a small smile as she wiped the tears off her eyes. Like most of her pokemon, every time she looked at them, her nerves would leave.

-End Flashback-

Alice looked down to the floor, still breathing heavily to release her nerves. She felt a small paw touching her. She turned to her right and saw her Togetic, QT, touching her hand. “Toge, toge,” QT chirped in an assuring tone, which helped Alice show a smile on her face. With QT by her side, her confidence increased.

After the intermission, the boys went back to their seats to observe the performances of the top eight contestants.

One in particular was Peach and Smitty the Skitty, who Black Jack spotted as a possible top contender, was one of the first contestants to come out on stage while the host introduced her to the crowd. The crowd applauded for her while Jerry couldn’t help but stare at her vacantly, while Black Jack looked at him as though he was acting strangely.

As Peach and Smitty got to the center of the stage they bowed politely to the applauding audience. Then they got into position ready to perform their act.

“Go! Smitty!” Peach yelled. “Use your Assist move!”

Smitty leapt into the air and glowed energetically blue as she shot out a huge stream of water out of her mouth. “That’s a Water Gun attack,” Black Jack said noticeably.

As the huge stream of water came falling down, Peach ordered Smitty to use her Ice Beam attack. Smitty obeyed as she shot a blue beam out of her mouth, hitting the falling liquid, turning it into a huge block of ice.

“Way to go, Smitty,” Peach said. “Now, use your Assist move again.”

An energy ball on Smitty’s raised paw as numerous spinning leaves came shooting out of the ball. As the leaves came shooting out, they were quickly changing into different colours as they continually hit the ice block, knocking down small parts of ice and they scattered into the away, slowly falling as they sparkled beautifully, while audience looked on in astonishment. Black Jack, being a hard man to impress, also enjoyed that moment as he nodded his head. “Not bad,” he said.

“Okay, Smitty, stop,” Peach instructed. The glowing ball on Smitty’s paw disappeared as she lowered her paw as they both gazed at the ice object in front of them, which is now a stunning looking statue of Peach hugging Smitty.

Peach clasped her hands and looked at the ice sculpture while smiling like a child in a candy store. “Oh, it’s… beautiful, Smitty!” Peach cried with high admiration in her voice. The pink kitten turned round and cried happily as she leapt into her trainer’s arms. She caught her beloved pokemon began hugging. The way they hugged each other looked exactly the statue that Smitty created.

The judges were much impressed as the audience as they them a combined score of 29.5 points. It was a good score since the highest score the contestants can get was 30.0. After seeing what their score was Peach and Smitty happily danced around with joy and then they bowed to the delighted and applauding audience before walking off the stage.

The next contestant to walk on stage was Dawn, who was being accompanied by Coral, her Gorebyss. In Dawn’s hand was a bucket of different coloured balls.

When they got to the center of the stage they politely bowed in front of the audience.

Dawn leapt backwards as Coral got ready. “Okay, Coral,” Dawn said loudly. “Water Gun!”

Coral raised her head upwards and shot a fountain of water out of her mouth. A lot of the audience felt the cool and pleasant drizzle as it spread from the mountain.

Dawn picked a few balls out of the bucket and tossed them towards the fountain. The fountain successfully caught each ball and Coral managed to keep them floating on top of it, much to the amazement of the judges and the audience.

“Now, form your water gun into a ring,” Dawn instructed.

Obeying her instructions, Coral, still holding her Water Gun attack, separated her water gun and slowly turned her fountains into a horizontal hoop above her while the coloured balls moved about in the hoop, much to the audience’s and the judge’s amazement.

“Form your water gun into a heart, Coral,” Dawn instructed.

Listening to her instructions obediently, Coral slowly formed her water gun into a vertical shape of the heart, while still keeping the balls moving inside the Water Gun, impressing everyone even more.

“Now, throw them back into the bucket, Coral,” Dawn ordered.

Coral slowly formed her Water Gun back into a fountain again. She then separated her fountain back into two again, one of them shooting out each coloured ball while Dawn successfully caught each one and placing them back into the bucket, much to the astonishment of the audience. “[Not bad],” Black Jack thought, noticing how good the performance was while nodding his head, slightly.

After the performance was finished, they both bowed to the audience receiving a standing ovation while the judges gave her a total score of 29.5, the same score as her friend Peach had. After Dawn giving Coral a great big hug in celebration, they both bowed to the audience and then to the judges before walking off the stage.

“[Alice is up soon],” Black Jack thought to himself, thinking how good Peach and Dawn were. “[I know she’s got something big coming up].”
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Brian Powell; 28th November 2005 at 6:17 PM.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

exellent chapter!i really like the water ring/heart and the nick name smitty the skitty.sorry if i forgot to review last chapter.
    I am no longer into Pokemon. I believe this will be the last time I visit these forums. Farewell.

Master of Legends Guest

i love it lol its very good what will alice do??? cliffie... kinda, are you gonna give a spoiler?

Nice chap BP! =)
    I liked Coral's performance a lot Nice in deed

Keep it up mate

D_C
    All your base are belong to US.

$$$$$$
    $$$$$$
    $$$$$$

With that, Bill quickly got up and walked out the room. “Bill, wait a minute,” Brian called in alert. “You’ve forgot your…”

Suddenly, a bunch of girls screamed in fright from outside the room. “Trousers,” Brian finished as he scratched his head in embarrassment.
    “Brian! Not in front of the children!” Bill exclaimed alarmingly at her, knowing what she was going to say.

“Bill, I’m Brian,” Brian said loudly to him. “She’s Karen.”
    Bill rocks. What a guy. :P The whole opening scene was just terrific. That kind of humor gets me every time. The contest perfomances were lovely, and as to which I liked better, I thought that Smitty's routine was particularly lovely. That's a nice mental image, especially the thought of the brilliant colors made by the use of what I assume was an Assisted Magical Leaf. Pretty. Yes, it's definitely going to be nice to see what Alice and QT have planned. ^^
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

SSW: Smitty *S******s* I thought that the name sounds cute for the Skitty. Thank you. It's okay if you missed a few chapters, you can send a review on that chapter.

MOL: I'll leave you a spoiler in a bit. Thanks, mate. I got something planned about that, mate.

Dark_Charizard: Thanks. Glad you liked Coral's performance.

Sike: I enjoyed writing Bill, he's hiliarious. I'm glad that you liked those two performances. And the assisted move, you're correct about that. Alice's? I have something planned but I'm a bit stuck on that at the moment.

I apologise for not leaving a spoiler last week. As MOL asked for, I'll leave a spoiler here.

Spoiler:

Hope to hear from yous soon.

Screechin' a Christmas Treat? Here's a list:
    Comedy One-Shot starring TR: Christmas Costume Calamity!
    AAML One-Shot: All I Want For Christmas Is You
    AAMayL One-Shot: Lady In Red
    Last edited by Brian Powell; 1st December 2005 at 1:03 PM.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

mindripper Guest

I was getting a little lost. Had to closet read the first two seasons before getting what was going on here. Memory failed me, I have to admit.

Hmmm everyone loves a crusader, and your fic has one in Black Jack. I believe I have told you about how I like the name. There is light-hearted humour mixed in there as well, and meshes well with the rest of the story.

You have to have watched wrestling before, as there is an ode to the late Eddie Guerrero in there, something which I have to say is a great show of respect for the man, and is indicative of the fact that writing is indeed a powerful tool.

Well done, BP, and carry on the work, now and always.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast