Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Fear Factor Phony! (423)

I liked the storyline about Wobbafet chasing Kirlia, but I was kinda disappointed when Team Rocket said there was no such thing as ghosts. Ghjost pokemon have been around for seasons, it's not like they're brand new, is it?

Marching On Together

English And Proud

Team Rocket was talking about "real" ghosts, not ghost type Pokémon.

Ugh. The first episode of the terrible voice actors >_< But I liked this one though. I was really angry when Wobbuffet didn't get the girl. He wasn't even near Team Rocket when they got blasted off but he was seen flying with them anyway. Bleh.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

yeah this episode got a few new voice actors, i had to get used to it.

Nice episode, always like ghost Pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Abra so super cute in this, we actually see it move. I don't mind the new voice actors, in general i think the voices are good, i didn't like max or ash's voice at first, but ash's voice actor seems to have improved since this episode and now i like it. Meowth's voice was a bit average too, team rocket i think was done well though! They are all fine now though, its just until they got use to them.
    I wonder if it would have been better if they made new voices for them rather than try and redo the previous voices or make them as similar as possible...
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

The voice actors are mostly good, but May sounds older than she is, and James sounds absolutely terrible.
    My FC: 3867 1759 3408

I'm going to watch every single Pokémon episode! (except the never aired AG one) ...DONE!!! Every episode watched! Exact time was 9 July 2009, 3:49 AM.
    Last watched: DP121 - The Lonely Snover!

Episodes watched: 589

First time seeing this episode.

Criticism:

IMO...

Brock sounds good
    Jessie sounds good
    Meowth sounds good
    James's voice fits the character and is close to what it needs to be
    May is awful, sounds older now
    Max is awful; nothing similar
    And you simply cannot replace ash.

To me Team Rocket and Brock have kept their personality. But for May, Max, and Ash I will forever now look at them differently. I keep thinking to myself; is that how the old ash ketchum would say things... not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by cg_25 View Post

To me Team Rocket and Brock have kept their personality. But for May, Max, and Ash I will forever now look at them differently. I keep thinking to myself; is that how the old ash ketchum would say things... not a chance.
    lol, May's voice is relatively close to her original.

Ash's voice improves tremendously as the show goes on, so it is a bad start but gets better.

First time seeing this episode.

Criticism:

IMO...

Brock sounds good
    Jessie sounds good
    Meowth sounds good
    James's voice fits the character and is close to what it needs to be

The flashback was kinda sad... ;_;
    Anyways abra was really cool in this episode, all it did was sleep!
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

The first official episode dubbed by PUSA. I must admit, it was better than I thought. I remember the day it premiered on Cartoon Network and how I thought this would be a terrible episode, but it wasn't too bad for a first attempt. May's voice did sound like the 4Kids dub voice which I thought was great. Max sounded a little more annoying, but Brock sounded better I believe. Ash, James, and Meowth were just terrible. Anyway, the premise of this episode was generic but we got some action near the end to brighten things up. 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 18th November 2010 at 3:47 AM.

Man going back to this episode now after watching so many DP episodes, I'm so used to the new voices that these don't even sound "different" anymore.

Although Ash's VA made drastic improvements over time went on. There really was a lack of emotion in Ash's voice back here, thankfully it improves as we get late into BF and DP.

Good filler overall though. LMAO, this episode is both nostalgic and interesting for so many reasons.

Funny, everyone seems to love this episode and I find it boring.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

SPOILER ALERT!

I just LOVED how the creators of the episode added the "ironic twist" in this episode. When the Psychic-types were locked by Team Rocket, their own Pokémon freed the Psychic-types. Wobbuffet was SO in love with Kirlia and wanted to get it out, freeing all the Psychic-types.

Wobbuffet is now my favorite animé Pokémon.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

It was a good episode.

It was actually one of the only episodes that Wobbuffet could leave, but in the end it stayed in the series. it was depends on Jessie, but she hasn't released it.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

When I first saw this episode I couldn't help but think that the characters sounded different. Little did I know that I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II View Post
    I particularly laughed at James' KISS reference.
    Yes! I'm not the only one who noticed this!

--

Just watched this episode this morning. I didn't think YTV would go right into Sinnoh League Victors right away, seeings how (here in Canada) it's only 2-3 episodes in.

Good/favorite points in the episode:
    (not neccesarily in order)

- In the beginning, Ash's voice sounded exactly the same as it does in Battle Dimensions/Galactic Battles/Sinnoh League Victors. But I later noticed that it was slightly different.
    - Team Rocket looked high for a little while.
    - To me, Duskull will always remind of the Nintendo character, Boo.
    - Haunter is a a lot smaller than I remember.
    - Haven't seen Drowzee, Hypno, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Gastly or Haunter in quite a while.
    - The first time I saw this episode I wasn't really giving my full attention, so I never really took any notice to Abra's voice. But, now that I gave my full attention to this episode, I was actually able to take notice of it. I did not expect it's voice to sound that high-pitched and adorable! I thought it would sound just a bit deeper than that. The scene where it (and all the other psychic Pokemon) got abandoned was just so heart-breaking. I didn't expect Abra to get all teary-eyed. It was so sad. *Hugs Abra*. Too bad it never spoke in the real world. Just the dream world.
    - Ash's voice sounds raspy when he's yelling at this point in the show.
    - The Wobbuffet crush on Kirlia? Not one of the greatset Pokemon crush's ever. I've seen better.
    - What was that attack all the ghost Pokemon used at one time? To me, it looked mostly like Shadow Ball. Was it already addressed what attack this was in this thread?
    - In the end, Abra looked cute with it's headphones on.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyhaunt View Post
    How´s that nobody has said this before?? WOBBUFFET FINALLY USED AN ATTACKING MOVE. It broke the cage with Tackle/Double-Edge/Skull Bash/Head-Butt whatever
    It wasent a attack move: Wobbuffet has used 3 moves in the entire series...
    These moves are:
    Counter
    Bide
    Mirror Coat

It was probably not a real attack.
    Hello!

xD

---------EDIT: Sorry for multi post, bad computer
    Hello!

xD

Battle Frontier theme song was good! and a good filler to start as well

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Kirlia's Reflect. The scenes with Kirlia and Wobbuffet were really cool. Wobbuffet went out of its way to help out Kirlia and the others when in the cage, even though the reaction was odd. Interesting how Wobbuffet didn't use a real attack, but attacked the cage. It was interesting to see Kirlia not reject Wobbuffet. The Abra's dream part was so cool. Abra's protective green sphere was really cool.

47/100

God I forgot how terrible Sarah used to be. Her Ash is so much better now Funny episode.

The first episode with te new voices. Well, as new as six years ago is. This was a rather boring episode. There wasn't really anything interesting going on in this episode.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I remember watching this. Back then, the change between the 4kids and TPCi cast was very jarring. I'll admit their performances were subpar, but I have heard worse dub voices.

Anyway, I thought the story was actually quite interesting. A deserted town with only ghost Pokemon and several other types living there.
    Last edited by Fulgore2005; 21st September 2012 at 2:12 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast