Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear Factor Phony! (423)

Default Fear Factor Phony! (423)

Fear Factor Phony!

On their way to the Battle Arena, Ash & Co. come across a Ghost Town. In the town there is a mansion with music playing out of it and inside, Psychic Pokémon dancing to the music. However the Ghost Pokémon in the town have a problem with this and intend to stop the Psychic Pokémon. Can Ash & Co. stop the fighting?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Blaziken master Guest

So that is why the pokemon were dancing!Oh well looks like a good ep

This episode looks great. I hope Wobbuffet's comedy goes beyond what we saw in the preview.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Yeah especially since this episode starts with one foot in the grade (>< bad pun) with lack of Sabrina showing up. Still, there's nothing like Pokemon beating on each other (something we've had a serious lack of throughout the series) to make an episode great. Add a bit of comedy and I really don't care if Sabrina shows up or not.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Did my prediction come true... with the psychic and ghost-types uniting in the end to "blast-off" Team Rocket? It just seems like a given.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Did my prediction come true... with the psychic and ghost-types uniting in the end to "blast-off" Team Rocket? It just seems like a given.
    you forgot the obvious they become friends in the end part.

When I saw Kirlia a Wobbuffet I said What the HECK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxpsyco
    Ok, I'm out, this is turning into a game of spin the bottle O_o.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    That's not so much a prediction as it is stating the obvious. We've all watched this show enough times now to have a pretty good idea how each filler will end.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 7th October 2005 at 6:26 AM.

Actually, the psychics are the only ones to blast off Team Rocket.

And not only that... when the psychics are captured by Team Rocket, it was Wobbuffet that frees them.
    Last edited by Golden Darkness; 7th October 2005 at 6:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    And not only that... when the psychics are captured by Team Rocket, it was Wobbuffet that frees them.
    Ohh, a very awesome occurance indeed.
    I'm assuming Wobbuffet's psychic type WAS finally adressed after all then?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    Was it an accident or did wobbuffet actually want to help them?

Wobbuffet actually wanted to help them, yes, because it had fallen in love with the Kirlia in the group.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well, this episode was prett good. Pokémon in need of screen time got screen time, Soonansu was cool, and the animation was well done. And I like the music they use at the beginning of the episode. It always makes me think of the beginning of the Coil/Rarecoil episode. XD
    ~

How´s that nobody has said this before?? WOBBUFFET FINALLY USED AN ATTACKING MOVE. It broke the cage with Tackle/Double-Edge/Skull Bash/Head-Butt whatever

Eh, the whole plot concerning the 'war' between both types of pokémon was pretty weak, and rather cliché. We didn't really get to see either group do anything all that interesting, apart from Kirlia's cgi reflect move, which was moderatly impressive I suppose. Not to mention the illusionary giant Haunter, which was very well animated~

However, I really enjoyed the scenes Wobbuffet and Kirlia had together, and I also liked the fact that Wobbuffet wasn't instantly rejected or anything. I've come to expect that to happen to all the 'bad' or 'weird' pokémon that fall in love during this series, so its nice to see they can break away from the norm in cases like this. What I found most impressive though, was the fact that they had Wobbuffet go against its very nature just to free Kirlia and the others. I have to say, that was pretty damn cool. Kinda sucked how the psychic pokémon had the nerve to tred all over him as they made thier escape. Sheesh, way to show respect to their savoir :P

If I'm quite honest, Team Rocket and Wobbuffet pretty much saved this episode from becoming another one of those sadly abundant lackluster BF fillers~

seen the episode and i have to agree with Gravy as i was watching it i was like "damn this isn't all that good" but when the Wobbuffet and Kirlia parts came up i really liked. It was great to see kirlia not reject Wobbuffet. I really like Kirlia in this episode especially the reflect attack seeing it is making me wanting to see Ash face a damn Gardevoir hope that happens.

Just looked at the pictures and I love the Kirlia/Wobbuffet parts especially the part where May wakes up and seems scared and goes to Ash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I think Ash won't go to Kalos right away and there'll be a time skip, thus his grown hair and all. Alexa would leave alone and meet Ash again when he arrives to Kalos.

Hm, they changed the order of the introducing scene, opening and title so that it's the same as in the dub now? Wonder if that was just a temporal change. Doesn't look like it though.

I don't have much to say about this episode, something about it was ...strange. Whatever...animation was quite good. The surrounding area was well drawn and something different from the greenery we often tend to see.
    The music was also nice. Not outstanding, but still...And there were some pieces I've never heard before.

I absolutely adored Wobbuffet in this episode, though. It was obvious that it was going to have a big role in this episode after the preview came up, but I wasn't expecting it to thwart its own friends. Made me like Wobbuffet even more than I used to ~
    And Abra ... <3 I almost cried during that dream scene.

Er, yeah O.o How random. Overall, I liked it, but last week's episode was much better in my opinion <.<
    Last edited by Sushi; 8th October 2005 at 7:10 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Blaziken master Guest

Excellent!I loved this one!Wobbufet was ace as it attacked for the first time.I wish the pokemon attacked more,but kirlia's reflect was beautiful

OK, Wobby did NOT use an actual attack, it simply charged at the cage and headbutted it (not Headbutted it, just hit with its head), which, as mentioned, goes against its very nature as "The Patient Pokemon" who never uses direct attacks. So don't expect to see it do that again. Great scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    OK, Wobby did NOT use an actual attack, it simply charged at the cage and headbutted it (not Headbutted it, just hit with its head), which, as mentioned, goes against its very nature as "The Patient Pokemon" who never uses direct attacks. So don't expect to see it do that again. Great scene.
    Damn, I got my hopes up that this "move" would be used again in future, it could guarantee some extra screen time for wobbuffet (i.e. by him being more useful). Oh well...

Poor Wobbufett, he betrayed his allies and his nature for love and he was turned into a living door mat. He'll never win. I wonder if he got a major toungue lashing for his actions.

No doubt he did.

And his response at the end. "Soon-ansu" ("So it is" if I've got the translation right)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    If I'm quite honest, Team Rocket and Wobbuffet pretty much saved this episode from becoming another one of those sadly abundant lackluster BF fillers~
    Which is pretty ironic, considering they completely ruined what would've been a good episode the previous week. It seems to be a "you earn some, you lose some" case with those guys.

I was really hoping they finally got rid of the trivia quiz when it didn't appear at the beginning. Sucks that it's still around, but hey, at least I can see a bit of improvement with it now. For one, it's not at the beginning anymore, meaning I don't need to put up with its existance until after the episode's over. Also, I prefered its variation in music, which included an instrumental version of Maemuki Rocket Dan, as opposed to that anime BGM they went with in the previous quizes. It's still nowhere near the likes of Ookido's lectures, but at least they seem slightly more tolerable now.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast