Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fear Factor Phony! (423)

When this Episode begin on ENGLISH?

Answer please!
    Grovile, I know the Bible said "Ask and ye shall get an answer" or something like that, but double-posting is no excuse.

As for the answer, we don't know. My guess is that Cartoon Network will air all the episodes up to "Pasta La Vista" on Mizugi before they air the new season. We don't even known the dub title of this episode yet, so until we do, we have no way of knowing when it comes out. I'm guessing either Sept. or Oct. (Oct 31 would be perfect to start this season, since it would be a Halloween special, CN loves doing crazy specials like that.)

EDIT: What? Sabrina's not in this? I had hoped for that! Sheesh, writers, why don't you just put the Battle Frontier in the Sevii Isles if you're not gonna use characters like that. Sabrina would be PERFECT for this episode, what with her having a Kadabra and Haunter.
    Last edited by C.J. Ray; 13th July 2006 at 9:19 AM.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

where can i download this episode?

This episode is on Cartoon Network right now!!

Credit to Darkrukario and Chibi Pika for banners

Poke-Artists Club

Satoshi's new voice sounds like rusty nails... so does Meowth's

What happened to the person who played Hoenn Satoshi's voice it sounded good to his character... I can't even watch the episode becuase it makes my ears bleed. Why did they trade humans for rusty nails on a chalkboard! why why why?
    Quote Originally Posted by gotiloco View Post
    OLD-SCHOOL PWNz !!!

Banner Created by:Llybian Minamino, Silver = best game, Typhlosion = best pokemon

Earn Free Money and Prizes: Points2Shop

The voices are pretty good. May's is different, but not bad. Max's is the only one I really don't like. Brock's is dead on, and I can hardly tell the difference for Team Rocket.
    The World's #1 Squirtle Fan!

Fione: The Genius Pokemon. A biological anomaly, formed when a Pokemon that nature intended as one-of-a-kind (Manafi) is bred.

Genius...

I'm digging the new voices, hate Max's though. Though...I think Ash just needs a TINY BIT more enthusiasm.
    My future D/P crack team:

Help a rural girl out, I want a mew for my D/P game. It doesn't matter whether its legit or cloned(I'd like a shiny but I know beggars can't be choosers). Please PM me if you can do this.

I guess May still sounds older than she supossed to be and James sounds like has a cold

Poke-Artists Club

Quote Originally Posted by coolcobra77 View Post
    What happened to the person who played Hoenn Satoshi's voice it sounded good to his character...
    Where have you been the past 6 months?

I love the theme song. Way better than the Advance Battle one. Also, PUSA kept out a lot of spoilers in the theme song. Maybe they'll add some more as the season progresses.

I really like this episode for some reason. The animation is okay and the pokemon being featured are great.

Ugh...I hate Ash's voice, anyway, a good episode.

This episode was good. The intro theme was ok, but the Advanced Battle theme was better. Call me crazy, but Ash, May, Max, Brock, Meowth, and Jessie still sound the same JUST a little. Can't say the same for James. Glad to see that Pikachu and Wobbuffet still have the same voice since others like Seviper and Cacnea have different ones ESPECIALLY Abra. Kinda stinks that there's no TC. It was funny when Wobbuffet ran out on its own, saw Kirlia, and had its heart cam out of its mouth as well as Wobbuffet busting open the cage with its head and the psychic pokemon trampling it. Also, Wobbuffet actually was awesome in this episode.
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 9th September 2006 at 1:45 PM.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Overal I give the dub a 8/10 They still need to work one the voices and James really sounds like he had somekind of a cold

Poke-Artists Club

I didn't catch most of this episode, so I can't say fully on how I liked it.

The voices were MUCH better right now. The only one I had a problem with was James. It just didn't seem right to me.

Other than that, they were pretty decent. I think I can survive with these.

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

This episode was great!

Poor Wobbuffet... he and Kirlia looked so cute, and yet he blasted off along with TR! ^^;

Here we are, at season 9. The only voice I didn't like was Meowth's, as it sounds way too much like Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Weevil Underwood. And don't worry about the other voices. They were a little rough here, but I pray they get better with time. I watched the show with my 15 year old female cousin, who does not care for Pokemon. But that availible house had cable. Oh well, I'll be tuned in for 'Sweet Baby James'.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Tropius View Post
    I don't know I'd like to find out though.....
    Something like: "thanks - I don't think I could eat any more..."

I really enjoyed it. The voices were OK, but I'll get used to it.

I never saw the Japanese version of the episode, so I can't really tell if the music was kept, but it was still enjoyable. Horray for the original music when the episode title is read

8/10.
    [CENTER]Enjoy Pokemon: Lento Legends, In both FanFic and Audio Versions.

Recent FanFic Chapter: Just Deserts

Recent Audio Episode: Team Rocket vs. Team Rocket

I thought Max, Jessie, James, and Meowth were more developed than they had been before. I still feel uneasy with Ash, May sounds like an alto, and Brock isn't quite there yet.

The writers seem like they're slacking off a bit to me; I didn't feel what I usually did when I watched the older episodes; that feeling of familiarity, depth, etc. It just felt sort of out of place, I think. The Abra thing was sad, and sort of left me a little sensitive about it, because even afterward when it used Safeguard to keep the sound in, I was like, "Well, what if it keeps having nightmares about those mining people?" XD But heh, it's just an anime, so yaw... I just wish these writers had a better sense of humor and had a way of weaving the words into the scene without making it sound out of place, like I said before.

Glad to see that Pikachu and Wobbuffet still have the same voice since others like Seviper and Cacnea have different ones ESPECIALLY Abra
    I couldn't hear a difference in Seviper and Cacnea. Then again, I don't watch the English anime much anymore...and Abra's voice sounded exactly like its JP one to me, if my memory's serving me correctly. The voice of the Haunter-like ghost at the beginning(and end) sounded the same as the JP version too, IIRC.

So they replaced whatever they were dancing to in the original with a instrument-only version of the Dance of the Bellossom(or whatever it's called). The music in general was good, although my memory's rusty so I don't know if they kept the original music or not.

Jessie sounds vaguely like a valley girl(probably the higher pitch), James is still snobby, Meowth was okay, I still can't tell the difference between New!Max and Old!Max, May sounds much better, and Ash sounds somewhat less generic.

As for my opinion on the ep itself, you can find it he...bwah? This must have been before I started doing weekly summaries of doom. Oh well. (that reminds me, I STILL have to do the one for the second most recent ep...) And yes, Wobba's awesome in both versions. :D
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

why dint Kadabra and Alakasam teleported out of the cell

Quote Originally Posted by rubyrulez View Post
    Horray for the original music when the episode title is read

8/10.
    It was?! That's cool to know. Did you fans also know that Pokemon is now a three-act show, as opposed to two primary acts? And there was no real eye catch this time.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

The episode was good. The only issue I have with it is Meowth and James's voices. Meowth does sound a lot like Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Weevil Underwood, Cartoonami and James.....well.....he sounds like he's a bit too snobby. It will take me a while to get used to the voice changes though.

Plus I liked how they did Reflect with Kirlia. That was some neat computer animation there. ^_^
    Last edited by DragonSage; 9th September 2006 at 3:33 AM. Reason: Adding more to post.
    DragonSage's PokePet

FireStorm the level 50 Charizard!

DragonSage's PokePet

Mewilia the level 50 Mew!

Which FF Character Are You?

Member in the New Dragon Masters Club. So don't mess with my dragon types or you will get burned. ^_^

-Though half it's usual length, the new opening was good. The ending was the first Mirage Pokémon special opening, and I've never minded it. Too bad the stupid Fridays gang spoiled it.

-Original score...for the...f'ing WIN(especially that remix of one of the battle themes. 'Twas very kakkoii)! But they did slip in some dub music...I think. Was the Bellossom Dance score original? But I love that BGM anyway, nya.

-I didn't mind any of the voices this time around. Surprised that the giant manga Haunter got to keep its 'GHOOOSTOO~' voice(that was revealed in the preview). Same with Abra, whose voice also didn't get changed.

-Aw...Wobbuffet's in love.<3 How sweet that he risked his loyalty to TR to set Kirlia free...

Overall, I thought this was a great start for the new dub and season: 8/10. Keep it up, Nintendo!

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

The episode was cool. It was sad when Abra had that flashback when his family was leavving him..

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Ho-Oh View Post
    The episode was cool. It was sad when Abra had that flashback when his family was leavving him..
    Yeah, my little sister actually cried at that part.

I thought it was sad, too.
    [CENTER]Enjoy Pokemon: Lento Legends, In both FanFic and Audio Versions.

Recent FanFic Chapter: Just Deserts

Recent Audio Episode: Team Rocket vs. Team Rocket

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast