Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ~+The Official Fanfiction Writer's Club+~

Default ~+The Official Fanfiction Writer's Club+~

+Approved by PsiUmbreon+

Welcome writers of Serebii and other such forums! This club is in dedication to all those who enjoy writing fanfiction and/or are brimming with creativity and imagination.

Here writers can discuss writing tips, story ideas, writing styles, genres, thoughts on UU and OU Pokemon and much more!

Ok, enough with crappy intros and I'll get on with the rules -_-;

~The Rules~

One. No spamming, flaming and all that other crap - you know what it is so just dont do it.

Two. No requesting to be Co-owner. That role is to be decided by myself so we dont get any cruddy co-owners. You will most likely be appointed the job if you keep the thread alive (without double posting or spamming) and if you post often with decent and helpful comments.

Three. No advertising, you're allowed to point out your fics (if you have posted any) in your sign up. But just plain saying "Take a look at my fic: {URL}Ben's Pokemon Journey{/URL}" is just against the rules. Updated: Previews are allowed to be posted also in your sign up thread. Just edit them as you wish. If possible, post a link as it saves space - but never mind if not.

Four. No critisizing fics, those comments should be left for the thread the fic is in. Goes without saying really...

Five. Only one topic can be posted every day unless stated otherwise. This means all can post a topic unless one is already in progress; in which case you must wait until the following day in order to post a new one. If you like, you can PM me to reserve a topic, and I will add you to a newly formed list at the bottom of this post. To make this fair, you can't post two topics in a row. (Rule declared by Psychic - edited a little by myself)

Six. Following from topics, be sure to check the list at the bottom of this post regularly if you wish to post topics. If there is a new topic already in action, dont post the topic. If there is a topic in the request list, dont post a topic. If you realy want your topic to be up, PM me with the topic and I'll add it to the future topic list. Further details can be found here and through my answering PM (if you PM me).

Seven. Be sure to check out my important posts in order to get up to date.

I'll add more as the ideas come.

*~Sign Up~*

Nothing too hard, in fact, the only thing you really can mention after asking to join is links to any fics you may have posted. You do not need a fic posted to join though you must enjoy creating/writing them of course =P. If you like, you can include favourite genres, favourite books/authors etc.

About it methinks.

=+Members+=

Tale (Owner)

Psychic (Co-Owner)

Ledian_X (Co-Owner)

Mimori Kiryu

FlamingRuby

Wobbanut

Power Shot

Lilbluecorsola

AAMLfan

katiekitten

Shadow Forte.EXE

Faerie

Proffesor Pikachu

~RaikouRider243~

~*Commander Blizzard*~

Shiny Flygon

Elemental Charizam

Blackjack Gabbiani

Burnt Flower

Aalitichi

GoldenHouou

Brian Powell

xXSapphireXx

Sike Saner

Torkoal Stu

Klaus

Willow's Tara

Lemurian

Knightblazer

Serpant Syra

Dragonfree

Dilasc

Shiny_Deoxys

eagle-kyogre

Blingin G

The Big Al

Ivymoonrose

SereneSapphire

Negrek

Alakazam

Saffire Persian

jetx

IM4MISTY

Icy_Mew

Pan

The Cheshire Cat

+Chaos Blade+

mindripper

hikari_blaze

WanderingRythmicalPhoenix

pisces (banned)

Topics

"What aspects of fanfiction are you thankful for this year?" Negrek

Topic Waiting list

Have fun!
    Last edited by Tale; 27th November 2005 at 10:12 AM.

I'd love to join! I love writing fanfictions so much. My newest one comes later in November. I don't have a link yet, but I can let you all see the banner created for it by Dark Latias:

I'm a big fan of the fanfictions here, especially stories by xXSaberXx, Scrap and The Cheshire Cat. I'm hope the story above is going to be at least as half as good as those. ^.^
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner ^_^;; but yeah, course you can join! The club doesn't look so popular at the moment though -_-;

And yeah, don't we all love those authors. Not familiar with Saber's story myself, perhaps I'll check it out, but Scrap and my adopter =D The Cheshire Cat, yeah, definately phenominal authors. And Serpant Syra, I just had to add him =P

Oh, and I'm sure your story will be more than half as good as those. Just from looking at your name and sig one can tell you have a creative aura. I'll check it out as soon as it comes out ^.^

Thanks, Tale ^_^

I've been trying for almost the whole time I've been here at SPPf to create a good story and it's my first try at a horror/romance/action story.

Oh, yeah, I've also decided to bring it out earlier. Not this weeked but next weekend. I'm about to post the preview today sometime....I don't know...

Count me in!

I mainly enjoy comedy, adventure, and musical fics.

My currently active projects:

"Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries"-Technically number three in a series, I chose to write it first b/c there aren't that many Johto fics anyway.
    "The Battle Frontier of the Bands!" My musical fic that I need to finish...
    "Adventures in Pokesitting II: Double Trouble"-The sequel to my comedy fic "Adventures in Pokesitting", you can read the original here

Please leave reviews and I'll review yours in return!

Can I join? I don't have any Pokemon fanfics just yet, but I have several planned, and I have over 60 Xena and Highlander fanfics written. I prefer writing dramatic stories with a little humor thrown in here and there.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Yes and yes to both of you.

FR, I've heard of your musical fics, very original style I have to say.

Wubbanut, 60 fics in phenomenal! o.o I guess you like Xena and Highlander then, eh?

I'm glad the two of you could join. Perhaps a banner or button will be in order soon...

Glad to have you join, FlamingRuby and wobbanut! I posted the preview to my story if you all want to read it. Just click the banner in meh sig! It would mean so much to me! ^_^

Here are the other "Pikachu Diaries" I have planned:

"A Heart So True: Pikachu's Kanto Diaries" (this one's next)
    "To the Ends of a Pokemon World: Pikachu's Island Diaries"
    "From Champions to Heroes: Pikachu's Houen Diaries"
    "Emerald Skies: Pikachu's Frontier Diaries" (tentative, this may change)

Emerald Skies sounds really interesting, FR! ^_^ I'd definately want to read that! *_*

Now, now people, lets not turn this into an advertising thread. I've let Mimori off for that sneaky advertisement there, and in turn I must let off FR. But no more advertising.
    Any links to stories should be edited into your sign up post if you wish, but no links in discussions. Referrals are acceptable, but no links.

Thank you for your time. And I left a reply, Mimori Kiyru.

Well lets get on with a topic then.

What do you look for in a fic?

I personally look for plotlines and description. I don't like masses and masses of description to the point where a blade of grass is described in two paragraphs (unless its special), but a decent amount of description is good in my opinion. However, an easy read with a fair amount is also very enjoyable.
    As for plots, I stated in Mimori's thread, I enjoy original ones, gripping plots. But then, so does everyone =P

I also added a rule; hope its not too restricting.

That's just a tentative title until the US gets a theme song for the Frontier episodes...and "Unbeatable" is technically a Houen song, even though part of it spills into the frontier

Mystery. I love it to the core. Also I like gripping stories with a little history. Unlike most readers I love stories where the main characters are connected to legendaries. As long as it's done in an interesting way, and described in detail. It would have to really well done, an example is....Pokemon Revelation: Cross of Fates. That's a good example of what I look for in a fic. Comedy/Drama/Romance/Friendship/History/Background/Struggle/

It's the best. I'm allowed to refer people to a story, right?

I like:

--an engaging plot--or else I wouldn't read it
    --magical items or magical powers/creatures--I'm basically a sucker for fantasy, and magical items/powers/creatures are my favorite things to see in fantasy.
    --humor-I love a good laugh, especially after a tense scene. My only pet peeve is potty humor...
    --music--sometimes you get the message across better in a song...I've been told I do music the right way...

Quote Originally Posted by FR
    music--sometimes you get the message across better in a song...I've been told I do music the right way...
    I COMPLETELY agree! So much inspiration can come from music, and posting a song to listen too while reading, I've always thought, would really heighten the effect of the story; as if it were a film in words.
    I think you've done a fic on a fantasy adventure with interactive music, FR, am I right? Great idea in my opinion.

I would like to join. I'm a struggling sixteen year old that can't get any reviews.

But enough of that. I want to be an author, or a story line worker at Nintendo one day. I have two fan-fics right now, both Zelda fics, both on the site. I'm working right now on a Pokemon fic that still hasn't got a name.

If you like, you can look at my fics to see if I'm good enough to join. The links' are on my sig.
    Zepther is not a perfect city, filled with crime and evil. Through its dark alleys and narrows streets, a silent watcher protects the people, calling forth the darkness of metal to defend them. Cloaked in black, shrouded in the mysteries of his past, his cold heart is true as steel. His name is Chronos. He is the Dark Eye.
    The legacy begins...

Hey, Tale! I'd love to join!

My fics:
    The Mutations
    About a group of misfits searching for a home in which they can be accepted.
    Cries In The Dark (One Shot)
    A Lapras cries out, mourning the loss of his loved one.

I like a fic that features the Legndaries. One with a good plot.
    I always look for good, original characters. Those are always interesting to read about.
    It should have description. I hate fics that lack description, as I find that it's one of the most important aspects of writing. However some writers can pull off writing a good fic that doesn't have a great deal of description, which I always find impressive. I like different writing styles. Ones that are creative and new spark my interest.

(Oh, and Tale, your request is done. I finally finished it. Go to the FanArt Request section and tell me if you like them.)

~Psychic

Pokéthon was a huge success! Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event!

Tale-Yes, I was working on an RPG adventure with music inside it, but that project is on indefinite hold now.

Oui and Oui to both of you.

Power Shot, thats a big dream you have there, hope it all goes well. I'm sure that the best way to improve would be to gain reviews so I also hope you get some soon. On that note, I'd say that your fic has little reviews right now due to it being Zelda and not Pokemon. I dont know why, adn its rather unfair, but people do seem to stick more to the Pokemon Fic forum. However, I hear the mod, RaZoR LeAf is a fan of Zelda fics, so perhaps he'll spot it. Good luck anyhoo ^.^ and welcome to the club.

Hiya Psychic, just read your post and felt a massive blow to the stomach by guilt as I found 'The Mutations' which I promised to review. I'll slap myself and get round to it asap and with a decent one too - so sorry about that. And just for good measure, I'll take a look at the one-shot too.
    I completely agree with your answer to the topic, on all of the points, a story really isnt a story wihtout description and interesting characters are a sure, fine way of pulling in readers, especially when introduced early. And legendaries, yeah, usually the base of a good fic - not that its anything to do with anything but I'm planning on making an RPG based heavily on all legendaries so yeah. *Sneakily slides in advertisement* heheheh...
    Oh, and I'll check out the request thread =P

Welcome to both of you!

EDIT: Flaming Ruby: Well, I'm hoping its back up soon, gives me some time to read it at least =P

Anyone have any advice on how not to run into writer's block? I'm going pretty good on my new story The Revolutionary Battle...but I'm afraid that sooner or later, I'll fall into a block of some sort...advice anyone?

Ah yes. A great thing to do would be to check out the Authors Cafe, theres a thread or two on writers block, seeing as its so common.
    But I find a good way is to listen to music and/or simply sit down and think, the mind can be very creative in the evenings - for me at least.

I find watching TV helps too. Thanks for your ideas, Tale ^_^

Sometimes a song inspires me to write a comic scene...for example, one night I was working on chapter 14 of my TCG fic "The Heart of the Cards: A Pokemon TCG Adventure", all while having my radio on...and I had it set to the local oldies station on this particular night, and the song "Personality" came on the radio.

When the song was over, I thought The lyrics just scream "Brock"!. Inspired by this, I made chapter 15 revolve around Brock doing that song as a tap dance routine.

Take a listen to the song for yourself to see what I mean:

"Personality"

and here's the tap dance scene I wrote because of the song...I made the song a little longer in the story.

..."Aww..." Misty commented. "They look cute when they play together."

"I'll say..." Brock started, and was about to say more until he noticed a nearby lounge close to one of the portable arenas, where Nurse Joy was sitting, apparently engrossed in a novel.

Misty noticed Brock's thoughtful expression and glanced over at the lounge window. "What is it, Brock?

"Hmmm..." Brock thought a little bit longer, then turned towards the grand hall exit. "Excuse me for a moment...." and he disappeared into the crowd.

"What's he doing?" Ash wondered.

"Probably left to concoct some elaborate scheme to woo Nurse Joy...but who knows...He could've gone back to get something from the room or take a bathroom break...who knows..." Misty sighed. "We'll just wait here...

---------

After an hour, Ash and Misty were still waiting for Brock to return. Ash paced the floor by his chair, and Misty just watched some of the other duels. Finally, Ash collapsed in his chair. exhausted. "What's taking him so long? You'd think he'd be back by now..." No sooner had he said this, the lights on a makeshift stage went up, and a catchy melody began to play over the speakers. Then, Brock appeared in a sparkling red jacket, sparkling black pants, and black shoes to match. A top hat with a red stripe on it sat on his head, completing the look.

Misty then heard a clack-clack-clackety-clack noise coming from the stage as Brock danced to the music. "What's that?"

"Pika pi!" Pikachu replied, pointing at Ash's shoes.

"It's his shoes making all that noise?" Misty asked, puzzled.

Ash watched the dance with interest. "I didn't even know Brock could tap dance!"

"He is quite good..." Misty mused as Brock began to sing as he danced:

Oh-wo-over and over...

I try to prove my love to you...

Over and over...

What more can I do?

Over and over,

My friends say I'm a fool...

But oh-wo-over and over...

I'll be a fool for you!...

Just then, Misty got an idea. "Come on, Ash!" She grabbed Ash's hand and dragged him to the stage.

"Hey, wait, Mistyyyyyy!!!!!" Ash protested as he tripped over stray rocks, catches in the carpet, and whizzing past other people, all the way to the stage behind Brock, just as Brock sang 'Cause you've got...

Personality... Misty sang, kicking up her legs.

"Misty...I can't dance!" Ash complained, trying his hardest to kick up his legs like Misty was.

"Quit complaining and kick!" Misty ordered. With that, she began to sing a backup melody to Brock's song:

"Walk....
    Brock sang.

"The personality... Misty and Ash echoed.

Talk.... Brock continued, skipping across the stage as he danced.

"The personality..." the others echoed.

"Smile...." Brock twirled a little as he ascended a small stairway in front of the makeshift chorus line, which had now grown to include some curious bystanders.

"The personality..."

"Charm..."
    Brock continued, doing some kicking along with his chorus line.

"The personality..."

"Love..."
    Brock struck a pose among the line....

"The personality..."

"Plus you've got a great big he-ah-art!"
    Brock sang, dancing down the stairway on the stage towards Nurse Joy, who had come out of the lounge to see what was going on. She giggled as Brock sang "So over...

"Over and over..." Misty and Ash echoed.

"And over..." Brock continued, halfway skipping as he danced.

"Over and over..." Misty and Ash echoed again.

"Oh, I'll be a fool for you..."
    Brock sang, pointing at Nurse Joy on the word 'you'. Nurse Joy stifled a giggle as she continued to watch the show.

"Over and over..." the chorus line echoed.

"Now over..."
    Brock was approaching his starting point.

"Over and over..."

"and over..." Brock waved to Officer Jenny as she entered the room, interested.

"Over and over..."

"What more can I do?" Brock sang, smiling at the two girls.

Officer Jenny turned to Nurse Joy. "So, what inspired Mr. Lovebird here to do this?"

"Well, I have to admit, this is quite a show!" Nurse Joy laughed as Brock sang "Cause you've got..." again, restarting the chorus.

"Hmm...the chorus line's a nice touch...and Lover-boy looks good in sparklies...." Officer Jenny noted as the music went into a dance break, allowing Brock to dance solo.

----------

Meanwhile, in a backstage area, Team Rocket waited, listening to the show going on out on the stage. "Okay, guys...you know the plan?" James asked everyone.

"And you also know why we're here?" Jessie asked.

"Yeah, I know!" Meowth exclaimed, confident in the latest plot the team had concocted.

"Okay, why are we here?" James asked with a sly smirk.

"'Cause we've got..." Meowth began. "Da personality!"

"The personality?" Jessie and James looked at each other, confused.

"Da personality...da personality....da personality...." Meowth continued to sing and kick up his legs. "Everybody now!...da personality...."

"Wobba! Wobba!" Wobbufett also joined in the dancing.

"Okay, besides the personality, why are we here?" Jessie sighed, exasperated as Meowth's sudden burst into song.

"Quiet down! I'm trying to watch da dancer on da stage!" Meowth shushed as Brock continued his dance, mesmerized by the steps.

James looked out on the stage. "You know...I have a better idea..." and he dragged Jessie and Meowth into a costume storage closet, slamming the door behind him. "We'll dress up and blend into the chorus line...then when the song's over, we'll take Pikachu!"

"Great idea!" Jessie called as she rummaged through the various suits, dresses, hats, masks, and other props. She emerged from the pile wearing a pale yellow dress. "How's this?"

"Perfect, darling!" James replied as he threw on a pinstripe shirt and small hat, also grabbing a cane from the pile of props. "Okay! Let's go!" The three Rockets raced onto the darkened part of the stage and squeezed into the chorus line.

"Hey!" one girl complained as Jessie squeezed herself in.

"Pardon me, sir..." James scrunched himself in between two boys, right as the music concluded the solo.

---------

Brock posed as the music paused for a moment, then sang again:

Wo-wo-wo...

Oh-wo-over and over,

I said that I love you...
    He tapped a step in rhythm to the music as he descended the stairway.

Over and over...

Honey, love, it's the truth! Officer Jenny couldn't resist laughing at this.

Over and over...

They still say I'm a fool! Some curious girls giggled as they watched the unfolding routine.

But oh-wo-over and over...

I'll be a fool for you!

'Cause you got... Brock skipped over to a spot facing Officer Jenny as he started the chorus again.

Personality... sang the chorus line, which had now swelled to over 100 people.

"Walk....

"The personality...

"Talk..."

"The personality...

"Smile..."

"The personality...

"Charm..."

"The personality...

"Love...

"The personality...

"Plus you've got a great big he-ah-art! So over...

"Over and over..."

"And over..."

"Over and over..."

Brock pointed at Officer Jenny this time, causing her to smile a little, but she was also somewhat embarrassed.

"Over and over..."

"Now over..."

"Over and over..."

"And over..."

"Over and over..."

"What more can I do? 'Cause you've got..."

Personality...

"Walk....

"The personality...

"Talk..."

"The personality...

"Smile..."

"The personality...

"Charm..."

"The personality...

"Love...

"The personality...

"Plus you've got a great big he-ah-art! So over...

"Over and over..."

"And over..."

"Over and over..."

"Over and over..."

"Now over..."

"Over and over..."

"And over..."

"Over and over..."

"What more can I do? 'Cause you've got..."

----------

James could feel the sweat forming on his head as he continued to kick up his legs. He, Jessie, and Meowth had been only kicking for a few minutes, but to him, it felt like several hours. "Hey, Jessie?" he whispered.

"What?" Jessie asked.

"Please remind me why we're kicking our legs like this..." James sighed. "My legs are getting tired...

"We're supposed to! Now quit complaining and sing!" Jessie retorted as the chorus began again.

-----------

Brock smiled as he danced, apparently pleased with himself. Not only had he gotten the attention of two girls, but he had also attracted an entire crowd that liked him, too. Pleased with this thought, he belted out another chorus. But when he got to "Plus you've got a great big he-ah-art!", there was a sudden crash from offstage, causing the entire chorus line to gasp.

"What's going on?" Ash asked, apparently panicked. Everyone else fled the stage as Jessie and James appeared on the stairwell behind Brock.

"And you've got a great big mouth!" Jessie chided Brock.

"That's not how the song goes!" Brock protested.

"Who cares how the song goes? We're taking the stage now!" and Jessie stuck out her foot, sending Brock falling to the ground with a thud....

Quote Originally Posted by Tale
    Wubbanut, 60 fics in phenomenal! o.o I guess you like Xena and Highlander then, eh?

I'm glad the two of you could join. Perhaps a banner or button will be in order soon...
    Let's just say I was **really** bored in junior college when I was supposed to be studying for tests. Hey, I did graduate, and I'm proud of a number of my works, so it worked out great. Time and loads of practice has improved my writing too.

<b>What do you look for in a fic?</b>

I look for relatively realistic dialogue. The plot doesn't have to be realistic, just the dialogue. I hate when people in fanfics talk like they're reciting from an English paper (I was an English major, so I should know), it's annoying to read unless the story is really good. Unfortunately for me, I have a fondness for writing stutters, which can be annoying for readers, but I like them to express nervousness or hesitation.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 11th October 2005 at 11:52 PM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Yeah, when I get writer's block a song can help inspire you. Also, it always fun to watch people make fools of themselves on TV. Just cast your mind around until you think of something cool.
    Zepther is not a perfect city, filled with crime and evil. Through its dark alleys and narrows streets, a silent watcher protects the people, calling forth the darkness of metal to defend them. Cloaked in black, shrouded in the mysteries of his past, his cold heart is true as steel. His name is Chronos. He is the Dark Eye.
    The legacy begins...

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast