Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Sweet Baby James (424)

Nice to see an episode focussed on James

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Mime Jr. for the 1st time. Mime Jr. was really cute! I'm glad James ended up catching it, but it's sad to see him have to leave Chimecho there. Mime Jr's mimicing of James is so funny to see every time. It was interesting how both Munchlax and Chimecho became ill in this episode. It was cool to find out that the mansion used to be James' get-away home. It was funny seeing the gang and TR pretend that James wasn't a part of TR at all.

40/100

I lked this episode. I feel sorry for James having to leave Chimecho. Glad he got a Mime Jr though. Also Munchlax got sick too. Overall a sad episode.

I do like how he got mime Jr. afterward

I love this episode! Its so sweet! Mime jr. Is so kawaii, and james was so sweet as a kid. I dont get why hes in team rocket.

Notice it says most people like me.

No you may not have my autograph.

Spoiler:- Credits:

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

I cried when James left Chimecho

Indeed a sad episode. James may be part of Team Rocket, but there is still some good inside of him. He hates leaving Pokemon he truly loves.

Some of the new voices take some getting used to, but New!James is suited to this episode, probably more than Eric Stuart would've been. I adore the grandma's voice. So cute.

I kinda wish there was a better reason to leave Chimecho. Why were Jessie and Meowth so impatient? Rude. So sad to see the little guy go :/
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Chimecho is so much better than Mime Jr and it's a shame it had to leave. I guess Team Rocket can't have too many Pokemon with them at one time.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great
    Some of the new voices take some getting used to, but New!James is suited to this episode, probably more than Eric Stuart would've been. I adore the grandma's voice. So cute.
    I agree, his new voice worked well with this episode, but IMO it was really bad in Fear Factor Phony. I'd pick Eric Stuart any day.
    On the topic of Chimecho, I teared up when James had to leave him, but it wasn't exactly devastating to me. I skipped S9 when I was younger so I don't know if it comes back (I haven't read the previous posts either, obviously) but I hope it does.
    Last edited by RocketToTheMoon; 3rd September 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

My favourite of the Battle Frontier episodes. I just want to cry every time I watch this episode. It's so sad seeing James leave his Chimecho behind. :'(

Grieving for a brother, when he dies for trying to help you escape your evil ways

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post

I kinda wish there was a better reason to leave Chimecho. Why were Jessie and Meowth so impatient? Rude. So sad to see the little guy go :/
    NO. Eric Stuart would've been wayyy better to me here. New James is the easiest adjustment to make however, NOT bashing Cathcart or anything, IMO. He's not bad at all, but I find Jimmy way too nasally and it's a bit distracting when he tries to emote. But Eric Stuart IS James IMHO. Of the three dub voices James has had, no one has shown that versatility and range Eric brought to the character. He could go from flat-out serious to absolutely hilarious in seconds flat. Say what you will, but personally I prefer Eric to even Shinichiro, homosexual stereotype in Hoenn included. Classic voice for James, and his best dub voice we'll ever hear for the anime IMHO. Eric Stuart FTW!

His two favorite roles are Gourry and James. Interpret that as you will. IMO, Eric is better at Brock to me than James, but his James is still a timeless classic and far above his successor's work thus far. He's my pick for best dub voices for both characters, absolutely no questions asked.

Not that I don't respect your opinion Bulba but to me James in my mind always screams Eric Stuart. EEEE and OOOOHHHH's included.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I agree, his new voice worked well with this episode, but IMO it was really bad in Fear Factor Phony. I'd pick Eric Stuart any day.
    On the topic of Chimecho, I teared up when James had to leave him, but it wasn't exactly devastating to me. I skipped S9 when I was younger so I don't know if it comes back (I haven't read the previous posts either, obviously) but I hope it does.
    Exactly: Eric Stuart is the best VA for James IMHO. He could easily pull off serious James (proof is just watch Kanto-mid Johto and serious moments in the Hoenn Saga dub). He could do hilarious James (late Johto-early BF) too. People just dis' him for saying "oh he's too homosexual in Hoenn and BF derp." Yeah, but that's because Eric was obviously trying to make James even more comedic than he already is (a joke villain), and I know he could do this moment well if he wanted to (or sadly, if he was given the chance to do so but I digress). That being said Jimmy/James Cathcart is not bad at James: he was the easiest to grow on of the current voice crew, and is good, but he is not on par with Stuart (even in BW)...better than Ted, yes, though. I will give James C. that much at the least. He's not nearly as 1D as Ted Lewis was (though again Ted is closest to Shinchiro overall because he never could do hilarious James barring some lines like "it's times likes these that make me wanna go straight!")

Now, as for the dub, here's what I thought:

Sarah was way too apathetic in this episode, almost lifeless, as Ash. Bland and forgettable. Subpar.

Bill was alright as Brock, not too deep but not natural in his work as Brock. Average. (Here, he was trying a Stuart impression and it still worked for Brock until DP came along and Bill forever went down the toilet in the role).

Michele was a bit weak as May: nothing special here. Subpar.

Kayzie was alright as Max, though the voice she uses sounds so very wrong for his character. Subpar.

Jimmy was alright as Meowth and good at James in this episode. His work as Meowth at this point in time was a genuine Maddie imitation (why he didn't keep this voice and made it ten times deeper, I do not know, I like this voice more here than in BW). Same can be said for James (lately he's been way way too nasally in the role in BW and he cannot pull off serious James at all there) but here he's a little good at the role. Sure he's no Eric Stuart (obviously not that good by any means), but at least it seems like he's trying to emulate Eric's work, so props to him here. Only, why does he call Chimecho, "CHIME?" Odd considering James called Chimecho, "Chimecho," all episodes prior to this one (even in Fear Factor Phony!).

Sub: 97/100
    Dub: 62/100
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 4th November 2012 at 9:15 PM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    Indeed a sad episode. James may be part of Team Rocket, but there is still some good inside of him. He hates leaving Pokemon he truly loves.
    Yeah, he really loves his Pokemon and you also see that in Sinnoh when he leaves his Cacnea with Gardenia so it will become stronger. And if he wasn't a member of Team Rocket he would be a great trainer and a force to be reckoned with.

Liked the episode, but didn't like james losing his chimecho... I liked it as part of the motto.
    ~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

This was a pretty good episode. It was pretty emotional, especially near the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

This episode was touching ....... and one of the best battle frontier episodes in My opinion. It was surprising that the mansion used to be James' old get-away home. James catching Mime Jr. was nice, but it's sad when he had to leave the poor Chimecho at the end. This episode was nicely animated and it showed the caring side of James, which is rare.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910