Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet Baby James (424)

Man never expected this, Chimecho left behind. Im too sad to explain how i feel. Im hoping that it will return soon.

CRAP! I loved that little guy. How is Manene supposed to show the awesomeness that Chimeco had. It was rare, underused, and hurt James on a regular basis (its not that I don't like James, but watching his pokes injuring him is just classic). What's Manene gonna do, tickle him in pain. Oh well, as long as Cacnea isn't going anywhere for a while I can live. Who knows, Manene could be great. We all wanted to see James with a new buddy, and it looks like Maney is it.
    [IMG]http://i11.*******.com/4gxh4si.png[/IMG]

Friend code: 4184-2499-3584

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Not sure what the writers saw bad in Chimecho. Usually when we get a move this early for one of the newer additions it must mean the writers felt the pokémon didn't appeal at all to the show.
    My guess? They just couldn't think of anything for it to do. It's running gag (which seems to have dissapeared all of a sudden) was essentially the same as Cacnea's, and thanks to the idea of James not allowing it to battle, it could never really do anything attack-wise. Heal bell was an exception, but when was the last time that move was ever used?
    Though saying that, Wobbuffet doesn't really do much either. But I suppose he's become a more recognisable member of the gang or something, and thus can't be removed~

Seems they believe Manene will have more luck with its running gag, which is obviously going to be that mimicry stuff. Still, I wouldn't say that justifies kicking Chimecho off altogether~

Damn, I always loved it's little call of "chime, chime"... but I'd say that James would only left it behind for the right reasons, perhaps it was too ill to go with him and needed more time to recuperate.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

You know what's funny? People thought that Dustox would be leaving because it wasn't shown in the opening and because it's rival (Beautifly) was also not in the show anymore.

But instead, Chimecho leaves (who IS in the opening) and to make matters even more confusing is that Manene is shown WITH Chimecho in the opening.

Yes, the writers manage to surprise us sometimes, but almost all those suprises happen to be bad ones. (Ash coming in the Top 8 again, May gettting a Squirtle, Brock leaving Ludicolo and James leaving Chimecho)...sheesh.

I would say Dustox's days are numbered too, it'll probably be released somewhere before the gang leave Kanto. Maybe to join some Venemoth or something...bah.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    You know what's funny? People thought that Dustox would be leaving because it wasn't shown in the opening and because it's rival (Beautifly) was also not in the show anymore.

But instead, Chimecho leaves (who IS in the opening) and to make matters even more confusing is that Manene is shown WITH Chimecho in the opening.

Yes, the writers manage to surprise us sometimes, but almost all those suprises happen to be bad ones. (Ash coming in the Top 8 again, May gettting a Squirtle, Brock leaving Ludicolo and James leaving Chimecho)...sheesh.

I would say Dustox's days are numbered too, it'll probably be released somewhere before the gang leave Kanto. Maybe to join some Venemoth or something...bah.
    Yes...it is said that Chimecho had to leave...but like Serebii pointed out...it being in the intro or ending...(lol...dont' remember)...so...it might come back...out of no where...I HOPE...but who knows...

but this should be an emotional ep...to look forward to seeing...

i'm just happy...we finally made it to the MUDKIP ONE...i hope no sadness liek this one is...lol
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Either the writers were on crack that day or Chimecho just wasn't as popular as Manene in Japan. I really wanted James to have three pokemon but it seems like the writers want James to be a sidekick to Jessie.

Yes...it is said that Chimecho had to leave...but like Serebii pointed out...it being in the intro or ending...(lol...dont' remember)...so...it might come back...out of no where...I HOPE...but who knows...

but this should be an emotional ep...to look forward to seeing...

i'm just happy...we finally made it to the MUDKIP ONE...i hope no sadness liek this one is...lol
    its in both the opening and the ending. This of course is me in denial hoping that it wont be forever. Also maybe the writers will have James act differently since he left Chimecho. Since all of his life he had wanted one and when he got it he had given it away. Maybe we will see a new side of James. Although I honestly doubt the writers would put that much depth into a character.

Chimecho has joined the ranks of pokemon with wasted potential, and dumped despite other pokemon belonging to their trainer being far more overshowcased and redundant.

Other honourable mentions:
    Glalie
    Torkoal
    Ludicolo
    Lickitung
    May's Bulbasaur
    Heracross
    Geodude
    Crobat
    Onix

Chimecho has been screwed, because the writers robbed it of its potential!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

*Wait for Gravy to draw a Manene on steroids standing on a flattened Chimecho.*

That sucks. After everything James and Chimecho have been through, it gets dumped. There's unpredictable and then there's...this. The poor windchime.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

C-Man Guest

Wow so this is what heppens in the jap episode? Man I wish I could see it. Here in the U.S.A are still in the eppy where he's gonna fight Tate & Liza. Hmmm he leaves Chimecho, oh no , I'm gonna miss that guy

after learning about Disney's plans for Cinderella 3, I never thought I'd have to use this emoticon again...
    Last edited by PDL; 13th October 2005 at 11:13 PM.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

WTF!!!! There's plans for a Cinderella 3?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Chimecho has joined the ranks of pokemon with wasted potential, and dumped despite other pokemon belonging to their trainer being far more overshowcased and redundant.

Other honourable mentions:
    Glalie
    Torkoal
    Ludicolo
    Lickitung
    May's Bulbasaur
    Heracross
    Geodude
    Crobat
    Onix

Chimecho has been screwed, because the writers robbed it of its potential!
    what about Bayleef? Rather, Satoshi's entire Jouto roster for that matter. Sure, they got showcasing, but it was in the worst saga ever, and when it came time for the 8th gym and the league, they got seriously screwed over (and still no redemption). Well, at least you mentioned Heracross. Satoshi's Lapras also had potential as being much more than just a ferry.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 14th October 2005 at 12:06 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

You forgot Pidgeot. The poor bird was reduced to wind generator and as soon as it gained some power, Ash left it and we haven't seen hide nor feather since.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Don't forget his Feazyble. What's that? Who's Feazyble? You mean you don't remember?

Exactly.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

OK, James getting Manene I can take....

But leaving Chimecho behind? HOLY CRAP! What the hell were those writers smoking?!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    WTF!!!! There's plans for a Cinderella 3?
    Wait...there was a Cinderella 2?

What happened in that one? Did her evil step mother come back to get revenge or something?

What happened in that one? Did her evil step mother come back to get revenge or something?
    not really, but that's the plot of Cinderella 3
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Wow ... now that&#180;s really sad ... here in Mexico Kojirou just got Chimecho, and in Japan is now gone ... well ... I want to see the good side of this:

* That&#180;s give Kojirou more character development leaving his beloved Chimecho with people who would take care of it and preventing it for more blasting off
    * That leaves Chimecho out of Musashi&#180;s reach. I remember in the Minamo Contest how Combusken attacked it and I almost cry when the little wind chime was hit

I gonna miss Chimecho, but seeing the title of the episode makes a little sense, think about this (I just hope not see me to logical (^_^)):

House of Relaxation + Heal Bell = A use to Chimecho

And in another hand, Manene&#180;s appeareance would be the foreshadowing for the next contest:
    Manene vs. Munchlax, two 4th. generation baby Pok&#233;mon facing each other (hopefully) in the final match for the ribbon

This really stinks. In America James has only had Chimecho for about 12 episodes. It is sad that he gets rid of it. I seriously hope Chimecho comes back, even though there is no point in it. I was suspecting that Jessie would get Manene, anyway.

I couldn't be happier that James caught Manene. I just hope it does something, unlike Chimecho did. Speaking of Chimecho....

What is up with the writers? I seriously think they have forgotten that Pokemon trainers can have up to 6 Pokemon in their parties because they won't even let James have 3. Why did the feel the need to get rid of Chimecho (or Ludicolo, ahem) when James had more than enough room in his party for both of them. Besides, it was Chimecho. James loves that thing. I bet in the next few episodes, he won't even feel sad that he got rid of it. He'll just forget all about it like the other characters do. Whoopie.

Yes there was, but don't even bother with it. It's an example of how truly bad something with the Disney name on it can be. I have always been a fan of Disney movies, and I always will be, but that sorry excuse of a movie isn't even worth a single viewing.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

I would have hoped for James to pick up or even mention his Growlithe. Besides, this is a second Pokemon he had as a little kid. What a waste...

Ok.. seen the episode, and read up on people's thoughts at BMG.

Apparently, the mansion in question is an vacation mansion. I kinda figured it was the case. And don't rich people sometimes own more than one house?

Anyway, the old people in the episode, they are the caretakers of the mansion, which btw looks like a castle somewhat.

Since the major point has already been said, the other notable thing about this episode is that when Jessie is caught trying to steal the Pokemon from the mansion grounds, James and Ash actually team up to blast her off with Cacnea and Phanpy respectively.

How does the scene play out exactly when James decides to leave Chimecho there? I hope it's very emotional.

Seems to be emotional. Both James and Chimecho were in tears.

Anyway... Manene coming along was kinda an accident. James was trying to get Chimecho's Pokeball for the caretakers to have when a couple of empty Pokeballs fell out of his pocket. Then Manene walks up to one and hits the capture trigger button, and then you know.. it's captured.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast