Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Sweet Baby James (424)

For me, this was Advanced Generation's saddest episode. I'm not even a huge Chirean admirer, but I felt that him falling ill and having to stay at Kojiro's family home was a sad fate for him. Manene was delightful however, although I know that many fans weren't keen on him joining the cast since he might've seemed like forced Diamond and Pearl promotion.

I liked the way James's family's old home looked. I also wondered if the Weepinbell from his childhood flashback was his old one from OS. :x

One of the episodes I can remember best from this season. Well it was sad to see Chimecho leave because of an illness as James had a very particular attachment to it but at least I liked the accidental capture of Mime Jr though. And it kinda felt like Holy Matrimony again.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

It was a good thing that James left his Chimecho behind since it never did much. I can't even imagine why he wanted a Chimecho in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeviathan View Post
    It was a good thing that James left his Chimecho behind since it never did much. I can't even imagine why he wanted a Chimecho in the first place.
    Chimecho was cute at least and was one of the most likable Pokemon on Team Rocket's roster to me. But I do admit that he didn't have much of a purpose, especially since James often didn't even let Chimecho battle.

I have a theory that James only left his Chimecho behind due to forced D/P promo in the form of him catching Mime Jr. So in a way, Mime Jr. was just a way of hyping up Sinnoh a year in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    And it kinda felt like Holy Matrimony again.
    Well it took place at one of Kojirou's family's mansions, so that was to be expected. I wonder why we didn't see his parents, though. Jiiya and Baaya (the mansion's caretakers) just weren't interesting enough on their own, and I remember them more for being Manene's handlers than because of their personalities.

This was a really good episode, I am actually starting to warm to the new voice actors after this episode. Again, it was a really heartwarming episode and it was nice to see James being "good," he is good so can't he just leave his dastardly Team Rocket ways behind? He could even travel with Ash & Co on his path to righteousness, that is something I would like to see.
    Sun / OR / Y Friend Code: 2595-4852-2744

James made a bad decision when he left Chimecho since he lost such a cute Pokemon. He also lied when he said he'd be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daizy View Post
    James made a bad decision when he left Chimecho since he lost such a cute Pokemon. He also lied when he said he'd be back soon.
    Kojirou didn't exactly lie, however. He said he'd be back for Chirean, but from what I remember, he didn't give his Chirean an exact time frame for the eventual reunion.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011