Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet Baby James (424)

I hope they try to take the mimicry thing a bit further than just copying James. I'd like to see Manene pull off similar imitations to those that Pikachu does on occassion, like the ones seen in 'Gotta Dance' for example.
    Though I expect it to at least act like Wobba during the ending of the motto :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Actually, the old women did mention something about the "sir and madam", which left Kojirou freaking out, asking if his mother and father were at the mansion right now.
    Ahh, watching the scene again, I hear the mention of his parents now ^^; Though, I was actually thinking of something along the lines of a specific reference to Jessibel at least, but its no big loss of course~

Factory Head Noland Guest

I just watched the episode now and it was a real tear jerker, I'm gonna miss Chimecho so much. Damn them and their flashbacks! Flashbacks always get me...
    I love Manene though, it's so cute and I love how it mimics James' movements, Manene gets my thumbs up of approval!

A great episode overall, one of the best so far in the Battle Frontier series.

Oh man...after seeing some pics of this episode in the pic thead, I can already tell I'm going to ball like a baby.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Can you imagine the Motto with BOTH of them? (Chimecho and Manene)

JESSE: Team Rocket Blasts off at the speed of light.
    JAMES: Surrender now or prepare to fight
    MEOWTH: That's Right!
    WOBBUFFETT: Wobbuffett!
    CHIMECHO: CHIME!
    Menene: Menene!

A little drawn out don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rjendo
    Can you imagine the Motto with BOTH of them? (Chimecho and Manene)

JESSE: Team Rocket Blasts off at the speed of light.
    JAMES: Surrender now or prepare to fight
    MEOWTH: That's Right!
    WOBBUFFETT: Wobbuffett!
    CHIMECHO: CHIME!
    Menene: Menene!

A little drawn out don't you think?
    James dosen't have chimecho anymore

THATS WHAT WHY HE GOT MANENE
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    James dosen't have chimecho anymore

THATS WHAT WHY HE GOT MANENE
    Hence why he said 'can you imagine the motto with both of them?'. He knows Chimecho is gone, and was thinking about how long the motto would be should all four of them be in it.

A rather feeble attempt at being a bada*s there. I CAN SHOUT TOO ON THE INTERNET WITH MY CAPITAL LETTER POWERS.

James is ill, and leaves it in the house untill it gets better. I'm sure Chimecho will come back sometime or other. Unless it's like when Ash left Pidgeot and said that he'd come back for it.

End of post.

If the writers hold true to the show, Chimecho will come back or James will go back for it. I know Ash loves/is friends with all his Pokemon, but James is crazy about Chimecho. If the writers had any sense Chimecho will come back when it gets better. (sorry for the speculation here)
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

James isn't that cruel to abandon his Chimecho!He knew his Chimecho was sick,and did the best he could.He gave Chimecho to the man to be better and not get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    If the writers hold true to the show, Chimecho will come back or James will go back for it. I know Ash loves/is friends with all his Pokemon, but James is crazy about Chimecho. If the writers had any sense Chimecho will come back when it gets better. (sorry for the speculation here)
    We'll never see it again. ;;
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    We'll never see it again. ;;
    Sadly he tells the truth...if only it wasn't true.....It's weird because I'm happy that Manene is in the series but I hate it because he's with TR...oh well it can't be helped.

Diamond and Pearl
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

As much as I adore this episode, just the thought of how the dub will turn out horrifies me to no end. I mean, can you picture it now? Chiriin's sweet voice will be replaced by that plain and boring "chime", and Eric is sure to make Kojirou overreact with squeals and bad acting. It's almost like 4Kids won't allow him to have a real serious moment.

*sigh* Oh well. At least the original is wonderful. From humorous moments, to touching ones, I really think this is one of my favorite episodes overall. I especially loved seeing Haruka and Kojirou have a small scene together. It's not often I get my two favorite main characters in the same room like that. *heh*
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

A great scene indeed. Just goes to show what a nice guy he can be when he's not preoccupied with being a Rocket-dan agent.

'Course it doesn't matter whether he's being nice or evil, he's always awesome. XD
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru-kun
    Eric is sure to make Kojirou overreact with squeals and bad acting. It's almost like 4Kids won't allow him to have a real serious moment.
    I hate defending 4kids, but how do you know they're the ones forcing him to not do good? I mean, isn't Eric the voice director for Yu-gi-oh!? If so, that should be a good indication that he's just plain bad on his own. On top of that, I keep hearing nothing but good things about his performances until recent years. Not like 4kids forced him to suck back then, now did they? I'd say the guy just declined on his own over time.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Others may have liked Eric's performance from the earlier years, but I can't say I ever really did. Guess that's just something that can come down to personal opinion.

Either way though, there is indeed the possibility it's just Eric and not 4Kids, and I apologize for putting the blame on them, but that still doesn't change the fact how the Chiriin scene will most likely run through. :/
    Last edited by Shigeru-kun; 13th November 2005 at 2:13 PM.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Iirc, he said on the fourth movie commentary that he started changing James's voice on his own. In any event, Shigeru's right. I don't even want to think about his awful dub voice befouling this episode.
    ~

I really want 2 know what the nglish version for Manene is!!!!!!!
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Iirc, he said on the fourth movie commentary that he started changing James's voice on his own. In any event, Shigeru's right. I don't even want to think about his awful dub voice befouling this episode.
    You now have to wonder what the new voice actor will be like...

Rocket Girl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    You now have to wonder what the new voice actor will be like...
    Indeed. If the SOVA campaign ends up failing, and NewJames hasn't literally gotten his act together after "Mirage Pokemon", then I have to say I'd prefer to hear Eric Stuart's squealing...

I do wonder how the dub is going to handle the music, though. The part where James is saying goodbye to Chimecho has "Smile" playing, and it really does suit the scene beautifully. Under PUSA the new dub may or may not keep the original music in, but if they opt to change it I hope it's at least something soft and suitably dramatic, as opposed to the random, weird music they stuck in the Arbok and Weezing farewell episode.

And I don't see why this episode was anti-Rocketshippy. I figured James' horror at the thought of being married to Jessie was owning to his (apparent) phobia of marriage, seeing as how the mere mention of the word "fiance" is enough to send him packing. Either way though, his imagined scenario of their being married, and her lounging on the couch while he vacuumed, was priceless. I especially loved the way she called him "darling" (in Engrish) as she ordered him to clean. XD

Overall, fantastic episode.

*sniff* So sad.

This was one of those once-in-a-blue-moon lovely episodes. Great to see RD (or at least Kojirou) being the good guys for once, and the bit with Chiirin was written so well it was actually really sad. I know, it's not uncommon for anime in general, but I don't feel that way about Pocket Monsters episodes very often.

Jeez, Manene was SO adorable. How can you NOT love a little pink thing that acts like a toddler and imitates whatever its owner does? I practically cracked up when it was shouting along with Kojirou in that one scene. Looking forward to seeing the little guy in the upcoming episodes.

I agree that the animation was really good in this one. Expecially the scene when Kojirou had to leave Chiirin. It's pretty cool with Soko ni Sora ga Arukara in the background.

And speaking of leaving Chiirin, why is everyone overreacting? Sure, Chiirin is a great Pokemon and all, but that doesn't mean it was gonna stay for the whole series. Matadogasu and Aabokku didn't even stay the for the whole anime and Utsubotto stayed for an even shorter time. And Kojirou didn't just leave Chiirin there so it could live with his obaasan and ojiisan - he left it there BECAUSE IT WAS SICK. It had to recover and couldn't just go travelling around until it got better.

Although the writers did do that on purpose, so who knows what the intention was? *shifty eyes*

My only complaint is that Satoshi-tachi - Haruka expecially - was very quick to accept Roketto-dan as suddenly nicer. Satoshi instantly teamed up with Kojirou at the end of the episode when they made Musashi and Nyasu blast off.

Sabonea was quite a lot stronger when it fought Habuneeku...I wonder if it likes being in RD. ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    I agree that the animation was really good in this one. Expecially the scene when Kojirou had to leave Chiirin. It's pretty cool with Soko ni Sora ga Arukara in the background.
    I don't know if I said this earlier in the thread (too lazy to check out the back posts), but that was "Smile" playing.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Because I haven't actually seen the ep yet, I don't know if this was said, but what was it that made Chimecho and Munchlax sick? There wasn't any explanation given in the episode guide, and it seemed sort of random for them both to suddenly take ill that way:/

Ugh..I can see this episode as a disaster waiting to happen. If they would have kept it Manene...*sigh* I don't know how Mime Jr. is gonna match the mouth flaps...>_> Maybe James'll Nickname it...
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

I'm happy with the dub title "Sweet Baby James". Not only is it a great title, it's also the first time either Jessie or James has had their name in the title. EVERYBODY else (who's a regular) has ("Ash Catches a Pokemon", "The Misty Mermaid", "The Heartbreak of Brock", "Tracey Gets Bugged", "Come What May", "Maxxed Out", "Go West Young Meowth", and a few more).
    Last edited by wobbanut; 19th August 2006 at 3:56 PM. Reason: add more information
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 08/21 NEW!! 8/22 NEW!! 8/24 both NEW!! 8/26
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

The only potential problem I see with the dubbed episode is the new James VA.. I hope he's improved A LOT cos his voice was atrocious. As for Manene, I'd be happy if he just refers to it as Mime, one clip of it from the movie (well Brock's voice was all I could hear mostly) shows that it just says "mime" *shrugs*, I doubt PUSA would change it's voice.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/kdshlh.jpg[/IMG]
    | Fifth Voyager | Team Rocket Gallery | Youtube Channel |

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast