Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Baby James (424)

Quote Originally Posted by Marill View Post
    The only potential problem I see with the dubbed episode is the new James VA.. I hope he's improved A LOT cos his voice was atrocious. As for Manene, I'd be happy if he just refers to it as Mime, one clip of it from the movie (well Brock's voice was all I could hear mostly) shows that it just says "mime" *shrugs*, I doubt PUSA would change it's voice.
    well, it's a good thing this episode came up so early in the new VA season, because then we can see what range of emotions James's new voice is capable of. As you can see here, Eric Stuart obviously has trouble portraying James as anything but a goofball.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Yes, while the new VA has the potential to ruin the episode, there's no doubt Mr. Stuart would have.
    ~

I'm interested to see what they do with Chimecho's voice. Honestly, I never liked its dub voice one bit, even before I heard the original. If they decide to dip into the archive for it, at least it'll only be for two episodes and we'll be done with it. But of course, I'm not sure if there are any voice clips that would work with it being sick, and if the clip on CN.com is anything to go by, they'll likely either give it a new voice (like Cacnea/seviper) or let it keep its original voice (like Haunter, aka Ghost). I know they'll be changing Munchlax's voice; now I jut wonder how good it'll be.

This episode was pretty good. Munchlax's and Ash's Poke'dex's new voice sounds terrible. Mime Jr. was kinda cute. James' vision of Jessie being his wife was hilarious as well as Ash, May, Max, and Brock's reaction when James told them of his whole cottage thing. It was awesome how Ash AND James blasted off Jessie and Meowth. It was kinda sad that James had to leave Chimecho. It was actually funny how Mime Jr captured itself. It's kinda cool that James nanny and pop didn't mind James being with Team Rocket.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I liked the episode. It was a good episode, so nothing really bothered me, not even the Pokedex. I don't really care too much about that, but I love how Mike Pollock does the voice of every guy on the show now. :P

I thought the new James sounded pretty good with emotion, better then Stuart's "emotional" voice anyway. Atleast he wasn't squealing.

awww. Tihs epdisode made me cry. James and Chimeco are such god friends. They really have a strong bong together. It`s a shame he had to leave Chimeco behind because it was feeling too good and it needed some more rest. On the bright side he`s got Mime Jr. I think it was quite funny when James battled against Jessie and Meowth. I never saw that coming. But he was only trying to protect his nany and pop pop. James is sweet when he wants to be. Jessie was always my favorite character but I`m starting to really like James after seeing this episode. He`s got a real soft spot in his heart. As for the different voices, it just sounds weird. I`m so used to the character voices from 1998 when Pokemon first debuted in America. It`s just weird having different people being the voices of Ash and James and Jessie and all the other characters. But I`ll get used to it.

it was cool. Ithough James was going to be good though but hes still in Rocket. I want A Mime JR.

It was almost perfect.I miss Chimecho already!*sniff*

-Judai

I miss Chimecho too. That part made me cry.

so is chimecho still jamses? or did he give it to them? i'm asking this because in the character descriptions on serebii its under the pokemon section that lists the pokemon that james previously owned so i'm a bit confused hehe sorry!

Friend Code~0645-6019-8058~PKMN X

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/14oaa1x.jpg[/IMG]

Much credit to Paperninja8 for Surskit, and me for the Trainer Card

Proud supporter of Third-Wheel Shipping!(Brock+Tracey)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!

Mime Jr. is so cool most people will forget about Chimecho in a matter of months....I did. XD

Great Episode! I'm really Diggin James's new voice actor!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

It's gone.<_< Unless he secretly retrieves it in that Journey episode.=P

-Judai

I really liked this episode, and Mime Jr. is really cool, I miss the old voices but I'm getting used to the new ones.

The only possible way I could see Chimecho returning is if it has a new DP evo in Shinou.

Well, once they do something like this to a Pokemon like Chimecho, it's basically gone. Manene replaced it, so there's no place for Chimecho now...sadly...

As for the episode, it was certainly better than Fear Factor Phony, and it's always nice to see a DPer making a debut (English debut, at least)

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

I really liked how more Emotional the new James was compared to Eric Stuart's James..

I hate the new voices. they sound like they all have colds or are sick... but i do LOVE that episode! I started tearing up! poor James! he's really a good guy...even if he is in Team Rocket. and Mine Jr. is freakin cute! I idn't like it, but I am really starting to like it! ^-^

Yeah, I'm not too impressed with the writers >>; They seriously need to get their act together, or ratings are going to drop, and Pokemon USA WILL notice.

I only got to watch the last fifteen minutes because it aired around 6:30 here =.= I read up on the episode guide to see the rest. I liked the old lady the most; I dunno, I just like the way her mouth moved XD They're so TINY! *huggles old couple* Yeah, their house was pretty awesome too :O

I think that's all I can really comment on, except "GO JAMES" for whooping Jessie and Meowth's heinies

Quote Originally Posted by littlestchristian13 View Post
    I hate the new voices. they sound like they all have colds or are sick... but i do LOVE that episode! I started tearing up! poor James! he's really a good guy...even if he is in Team Rocket. and Mine Jr. is freakin cute! I idn't like it, but I am really starting to like it! ^-^
    give it time,..you'll get used to the new voices... everyone hated it when Dragon Ball Z got new voice actors and people lived with it. They all sound much better then the mastermind voices though... can tell they've really been working on them.

Yeah, I'm not too impressed with the writers
    What didnt you like about this? I thought this was actually a really good episode.

I liked the new voice actors. They actually fit the characters. If you just look at the characters and pretend like you have never heard the 4kids voices you would think they fit for their character. May is the only one that sounded a little too weird. She sounded too old even if she is more developed she is still a 10 year old girl. At some moments it sounded a little weird with other characters but as they produce more episodes and get more feedback I suspect they will adjust accordingly.

Does he mean the people who wrote the plot, or the lines for the episode?

Which, imo, were better then 4kids script. They actually had James say "die".

Now, this is a good way to start a season, with an exceptionally emotional and beautifully animated episode. Even if it did bring the end of Chimecho, it was at least a touching goodbye along the lines of "A Poached Ego", and Manene is a more than worthy new addition to the team. I'll admit that I really hadn't expected this episode to be as good as it was, but it was wonderful in so many ways.

The elderly couple and Manene were just too cute, and Manene's dub voice isn't bad at all (consider, though, that I haven't heard the original Ikue Ohtani), but it was going a little overboard to have it repeat every syllable. Just saying 'mime' once or twice would be enough, it doesn't have to mimic the speech patterns unless it didn't say the whole word. Breaking it down into would be better, I think.

There was so much to like about the episode (animation, plot, Manene, great James moments) that anything wrong with it, i.e. no Rumika, Chimecho leaving, is mostly forgivable. Definitely an episode that should be remembered^.^

I also want to congratulate James' new VA for unbelievable improvement. Even if it could still have been much better, there was at least attempted emotion, and it was very noticably better than the previous episode. I really haven't liked James voice since "Hatching a Plan", so another sub-par one isn't such a major difference, though I am tired of watching episodes where James looks fantasic but sounds awful.

Only caught bits and pieces of this eppy.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast