Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Baby James (424)

For once in months, I actually went to watch the recording of this episode and the other one on my dvr. I just wanted to see PUSA's first Pokemon episode.
    Manene sounds cute.... but not as cute as Pikachu-Manene. That was sickeningly adorable.
    It's nice to see more of James' background get revealed and his grandparents seem nice. I wonder whose side they're on, the mothers' or the fathers'. I also wonder why James didn't run away to this place when he ran away from Jessiebelle back in the flashback in Kanto.
    It seems Jessie is too greedy and mischevious for James to romantically like. I guess that's a problem in RocketShipping. Shame since I kinda think they look cute together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    Does he mean the people who wrote the plot, or the lines for the episode?

Which, imo, were better then 4kids script. They actually had James say "die".
    Sound the alarms he said "die" lolz omg mature!!11 Seriously if a couple of "cool" geeze...words and some scribbled words in the background is all it takes to appease a couple of people than I don't know.

I already mentioned back on one of the first few pages that this is a Top 5 episode for me easily. In terms of emotional value, Pikachu's Goodbye has nothing on this. In addition, this marks the moment when BF starts getting really good. Also, this is probably the most well-animated episode up to its date, though it gets beaten in a few weeks by the Tucker battle.

Regarding the dub version, I am so very glad that Mime Jr. doesn't actually say "Jr!" Just saying "Mime!" is good enough. PUSA's Munchlax actually sounds closer to Gonbe than 4Kids' Munchlax did. All the other Pokemon sound the same.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

...Next time, I'm putting my alarm clock on my computer table. Apparantly, I can turn it off in my sleep.>_<

Any way to see it again today? Oy, I probably won't see this ep til next week.-_-;

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I like Mime Jr. If the whole 'mime James' thing is going to be a recurring joke, I think I'll like it more than other Pokemon's habits. The way it copied everything James did was cute.

Nice to see more of James' past.

Two episodes in a row someone from Team Rocket sabotaged the whole team's scheme.

Anyway, this episode was better than normal I think. 8/10.

Writer 2: Oh, that thing? Man, we sure let the animation crew off easy with that one. It barely ever moves, haw haw *choke on coffee*
    Wrong. Chimecho has been animated well most of the time. I doubt the animators were "off easy" when they animated Chimecho using that scary Astonish on Team Rocket back in that one episode...twice.

Writer 1:N-n-n-naniiii!?! But we haven't even had Chiriin DO anything thus far!
    Give the writers some cred, Gravy. Chimecho has participated in a contest. (
    It's Jessie's own fault that it lost - surely Chimecho could have used Psywave or something on Combusken)

Isn't it kinda awkward to dump it in favour of another marketting gimmick? :/
    Then you're forgetting May's Munchlax, which was introduced ages before this episode, and was the first 4th-gen Pokemon revealed to us.

Having that thing imitate all of the Rocket's funky body-language and spaced-out expressions sounds like fun to moi~
    Mime Jr. is only imitiating James, at least from the screenshots I saw.

Anyways, the episode was very interesting. It was nice to see James behave for one and force the others to behave, and when they refused, he kicked their butts good!

Also, those two old people(Nanny and Pop-Pop) were very kind and forgiving when James confessed his lies at the end. I think I had grandfolks like that(but they're all dead now), very sweet and forgiving.

It's nice to see Mime Jr. take Chimecho's place, temporarily or no.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

The new voices are okay. I'm sure we will all get used to them, Even though...
    Ash sounds like naruto.
    May sounds...Older.
    Max just sucks.
    Brock is a little off.
    Jessie sounds like a freakin' teenager.
    James sound like he is sick.
    Meowth sounds okay.
    But this episode was pretty entertaining. I give it a 7/10.

I keep watching it over and over.<_<

-Judai

Mime Jr impersonates people all the time.

Get used to it, it's an adorable gimmick.

I really liked this episode. I totally think it came off better under TAJ than it would have under 4Kids. The couple sounded so believable its not funny; I liked how Ken Gates voiced Pop-Pop, and whoever played Nanny sounded so heartwarming I can't contain myself! Jimmy Zoppi's James has also earned my respect; there's no way Eric Stuart could have pulled it off, no offense. Mime Jr. also sounded good. All in all, I'm pretty sure the new dub will turn out fine.

It wasn't one of my favorite episodes but it was okay in the dub nonetheless(SP?) I love the way Mime Jr. senses James' sadness and jumps into an empty Pokeball
    It's Carnivine Time...yeah.

Mystery Dungeon Time Team
    Team Rythm
    Terry , and Perry

i really liked this episode, james sounds way better than fear factor phony, and i also think meowth got rid of his accent, i think meowth needs some work still, but it was great improvement for just one episode
    Name: Josh
    Friend Code: 0473 4442 4614
    avid SB collector

Oh God.=P
    Jessie:Prepare for trouble, we're going anywhere we please!
    James:Make it double this stuff is a breeze.

-Judai

Was it me, or did when Meowth say "Their's nothing on it!" when reffering to the map seem like a shot at 4kids erasing text and stuff?

Or maybe I'm looking into in.....

This episode made me cry from James memories. And Jame's summer cottage was huge imo. The dub sounds better but May needs some work. Meowth still needs maddiejoan and James almost sounds identical so its not that bad.
    I love Skitty.

Lol you're looking too much into it.

-Judai

I cannot believe I missed the Manene episode. Why did it have to come at 9:30? Why couldn't I just woke up?

Anyway, I'm glad Manene is getting a good response so far.

This episode made me cry at the end! It was SO sad...

Anyway, MAJOR improvement in dub voices and in just one episode! Good job, new VAs! You're getting MUCH better, though some need some work...

Oh, and since I taped it, I memorized the new theme song in, like, 5 minutes! ^_^!

Well then, saw this episode this afternoon and once trying to get passed the um, you-know-what it was a very good episode. Very sad! I saw this a couple of months ago on youtube and that little montage of James and Chimecho was just so very touching.

Oh and I had to LMAO on this one. When Nanny asked if Jessie was James's fiance. James's reaction was too priceless (even if I am a Rocketshipper).

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

A great start for the new dub in my opinion. Yeah this episode may have been sadder than A Poached Ego. But it was still great.

Nice to see James and da twoips call a truce. If any episode is more about MayXJames, this is it. Also good to see him fighting his own teammates from stealing the Pokemon.

Good to see Mime Jr. make its debut outside of Japan. It is gonna be a good replacement for Chimecho. Its imitations were as cute as can be.

Ash's new VA has some work to do during battle scenes. During his battle with Jessie, it sounded like he could care less about the battle..."phanpy use rollout" had the excitement level of paint drying.

And finally Chimecho takes its leave. This was an uberly sad moment.

I'll give the episode an 8.8/10. Very good. Congrats to James's new VA.

Yeah, the only problem I had with the episode is that Ash's VA sounds like she just doesn't give a ****.

I have to say that was a really good episode. The part with Nanny asking if Jessie was James's fiance was great. His reaction was too funny. XD

Mime Jr. was too cute! ^_^ Its imitations were really good, especially when James threw his pokeball to release Cacnea to fight. Mime Jr. has a lot of character.

It was sad that Chimecho had to stay behind. I mean, Chimecho was his favorite pokemon. I almost cried when I watched that part.
    DragonSage's PokePet

FireStorm the level 50 Charizard!

DragonSage's PokePet

Mewilia the level 50 Mew!

Which FF Character Are You?

Member in the New Dragon Masters Club. So don't mess with my dragon types or you will get burned. ^_^

Sounds Good, I missed it though. I like Chimecho...

This episode is one of the best in the season. James had character develpment a pleanty, His dub voice was amazing too.
    Jessie and Meowth's antics were classic, I'm really gonna miss Chimecho and look foward to Mime Jr's antics.

I could sense Jame's sadness. If I had to release a Pokemon I cared a lot about, I'd be very sad also.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast