Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Team-Building and Hidden Power Guide

Umm I don't know if this would help any one but out of all the types there are 2 main triads

1. grass, fire, water
    2. Dark, Phychic, fighting
    I useally base my team on these triads this way each pokemon backs the other up. And if you have that down have some pokemon be dual type for more protection against the other types.

This is a good strong way to build a team around and ti covers many grounds. Like I said dual types can fix the holes.
    I'm not here
    (This isn't happening)

Slipstream - A Cherry Red Gibson

Missingno the Pokemaniac Guest

This may be old, but I couldn't read the last twelve pages...

I like to stick to these rules...should they be included?

--Three basic food groups: Fire, Water, and Grass. (Grass can be replaced with Electric if you can't find a good Grass type to train, but it shouldn't really be a problem...)
    --No complete type weakness (eg. Tyranitar, Ninetails, Muk: All weak against ground)
    --No more than two of the same type on a team (eg. Charizard and Gyarados. Don't mix.)
    --Basic rules posted by Geodude-san also included.
    --1 to 2 sweepers only.
    --2 to 3 tanks will suffice.
    --1 annoyer will be good on a team.

Good?

fire types are not needed and having more then onepokemon with the same type[gyarados/charizard is fine as they are dual types as long as you have a ground to take electric/rock attacks] also having 3 pokemon weak to ground isnt that bad IF you have a levitator/flyer

Cromat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno the Pokemaniac
    This may be old, but I couldn't read the last twelve pages...

I like to stick to these rules...should they be included?

--Three basic food groups: Fire, Water, and Grass. (Grass can be replaced with Electric if you can't find a good Grass type to train, but it shouldn't really be a problem...)
    --No complete type weakness (eg. Tyranitar, Ninetails, Muk: All weak against ground)
    --No more than two of the same type on a team (eg. Charizard and Gyarados. Don't mix.)
    --Basic rules posted by Geodude-san also included.
    --1 to 2 sweepers only.
    --2 to 3 tanks will suffice.
    --1 annoyer will be good on a team.

Good?
    The only fire type I would ever consider using seriously is Blaziken because he's one of the best if not the best mixed attackers in the game.

3x weaknesses are always bad, even if they're to rare types such as Bug. 3x Ground weakness is horrible to have, seeing as Earthquake is the commonest move in the game. What Geodude said is not all true, Jshadias covered that.

Anemus Guest

Blaziken is very difficult to handle. It has excellent attack stats to buck up both its types. However it has four weaknesses: Ground, Water, Flying and Psychic, and its deffences are reaeaeally low. Plus, it has low speed as well. Just for the record, it learns Bulk up which I consider a very cool (and catastrophic) move. It requires skill to handle him efficiently.

1. i think that you should try to get pokemon who are 2 types so you can get 12 types in a team.

the types i suggest are mainly: fire, water, grass, electric, psychic, dark (if you can find a decent one) and some fillers which would be steel, ice, and dragon.

i suggest you put a fire, ice and dragon (duh!) on a dragon to counter its major weaknesses, dragon and ice. i think a good moveset on dragons is flamethrower, icebeam, dragon claw and a filler. i use thunderbolt. also do not use dragon dance on a dragon unless it is a physical sweeper because if it isnt its pointless.

also be careful about dragonite/salamance/altaria because ice moves are double super effective on it. i love dragon types because they can learn alot of moves.

2. also i think pokemon who are 2 opposite types are good and its hard to get a super effective hit on them. for example; ludicolo is water/grass so the only super effective hit is flying, bug and poison. also mudkip might seem awesome since electric attacks arent effective on it, but grass type moves are double super effective. try to stay away from those pokemon. (eg mudkip, pelipper, rock/ground types such as ryhorn, geodude, etc.)

3. also dont put physical and special moves on a pokemon.

4. and when in battle, be careful what booster moves you use like sunny day and rain dance because the opponent can benifit from them.

5. also dont use hydro pump, fireblast, blizzard or thunder. instead use flamethrower, surf, ice beam and thunderbolt because the average damage is higher on those because the accuracy is 100 instead of 85 and for blizzard and thunder, 75 (it might be 70) which sucks big time. and their pp is only 5 (thunder is 10) when flamethrower, thunderbolt and surf is 15. icebeam is 10. but icebeam with 95 power and 100 accuracy with 10 pp is A LOT, i mean ALOT better then blizzard which has a pp of 5 accuracy of 70, and 120 power. im not gonna calculate the average power but i can guarrantee that icebeam is a better choice than blizzard.

now thats my 2 cents. if someone wants me to write more stuff since im soo good (jk) pm me but i highly doubt that will happen since im a n00b. wow i wrote alot. well i really hope that helped. later

Mudkip is effected by electric attacks I hear

You're right about Thunderbolt > Thunder though (wow someone understands)

kyo_andy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Netbattle

that make me lol

ishak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    They are, but they're not used as frequently as Leftovers. What I meant was that you can't go wrong if you choose Leftovers as a held item.

No, you don't need skill to use legendaries. Their stats are so high that they can beat almost anything, they can learn loads of TMs, and require no skill to use to their full potential. You can't claim to be a good battler if your team is full of Mewtwos and Rayquazas.
    Well if you do use leftovers,then what if a pokemon with theif or covet comes
    along?If you want to make it work 100% of the time,give it to a pokemon with
    the sticky hold ability.
    Last edited by ishak; 23rd February 2005 at 6:11 PM.

Pokemon with thief aren't really that common, especially on OverUsed Pokemanz

ishak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Netbattle

Electric type moves dont affect mudkip

O rly,

Mudkip = WATER mono type = PI-PIKACHU used THUNDERSHOCK = Mudkip laying on the floor dead

Marshtomp/Swampert = WATER + GROUND = PI-PIKACHU'S THUNDERSHOCK had no effect.

In short yes they do.

ishak Guest

Oh yeah,thanks netbattle.Now I remember that Mudkip is water type and marshtomp
    and swampert are water+ground.I thought that since marshtomp
    and swampert are water+ground types,Mudkip was too.
    Last edited by ishak; 24th February 2005 at 4:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Item limits are why Salac Berry and the like were invented.
    You got a point, but Salac and co. are really hard to find.
    Are there any other excepions?

Sorry if this is off-Topic.
    Last edited by Chosen of Mana; 13th March 2005 at 6:35 PM. Reason: apoligies

Jshadias Guest

More like Salac Berry was invented for use with Endure and Substitute, not for stupid item clause.

Dre the legendary catcher Guest

Hello,i'm an experienced trainer(been playing since pokemon red),but I need help to train a slakoth which i'll train into a slaking,but I don't know what good moveset(i'm keeping the focus punch I breeded onto it)or nature(between adament or jolly)or what ev's to train for it.Please help me.
    Last edited by Dre the legendary catcher; 22nd March 2005 at 12:36 AM. Reason: left something out

Cipher Admin Anti-Shipping Guest

Ok if you cant understand those questions about the EVs then you are clearly not experienced in competitive battling

Jshadias Guest

Just because you've played Pokemon for a while doesn't mean anything.

Slaking @ Choice Band
    Return/Double-Edge
    Earthquake
    Focus Punch
    Shadow Ball
    252 speed/252 attack/6 hp (Adamant)

Dre the legendary catcher Guest

Thank you for the moveset.I can understand ev's,I just wanted a good moveset for my long time to get adament slakoth(even if it has traunt).I think rafael is right,but I am good,i've only lost once though.By the way,i'm a new member as well.

Ok if you cant understand those questions about the EVs then you are clearly not experienced in competitive battling
    That was rude. I've played since Blue and don't understand EVs. Don't hurt me.

I just have something to say: I once posted a moveset for a Salamence, and people were all over me saying how bad it was. That was rude. Everyone's likes and dislikes are different. I admit, the moveset sucked, but I didn't need those people tossing swear words at me for it.

I usually have offensive movesets, but I'm thinking about revising my style. Expect me around here for a while.

I also don't "waste" all my TMs. I save my TMs for special occations. This is one of my reasons for my simple PKMN movesets. *gets kicked out of thread permenatly* I knew that was going to happen...

Paradise is Calling... Are You Ready to Answer?

mmucha Guest

For a good Slaking with Focus Punch you should have this moveset.

Slaking:
    Focus Punch
    Yawn
    Slack Off
    Hyper Beam

^No its not. You are a n00b.

Focus punch
    shadow ball
    return
    EQ

is the standard. Don't even argue.

mmucha Guest

My Slaking would beat yours with ease. Plus, mine could last longer in battle.

First off, no way in hell could it last longer or outrun it. You obviously don't know what you are talking about, b/c you posted no EVs.

It goes

Slaking@CB
    252atk/252spd/6hp
    adamant
    EQ
    shadow ball
    return
    FP

Quote Originally Posted by mmucha
    My Slaking would beat yours with ease. Plus, mine could last longer in battle.
    if it were true then don't you think your set would be the standard?

slaking can't/will never have your set because of it's ability and the fact that your set just doesn't work in competitive play.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast