Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Team-Building and Hidden Power Guide

pilko Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oort
    Blizzard might be a bit more useful for double battles, but no one would send out two grass types, and at once. And what about fire types? Surf would take out two much faster than blizzard would. Unless your building a pokemon made to take out two grass types at once in doubles battles like it happens a lot. The power isn't halved, however.
    What I originally tried (unsuccessfully) to say was that water pokemon could stand up to grass types with an ice type attack. That is all.

OK,sure,in my team i no have moves SUCH AS CALM MIND OR BULK UP.that can be a bad point in my team???here are my teams:http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforu...ad.php?t=12651
    The awesome banner was made by Drayano

The Metanitar

Version: Diamond
    Name: Silver
    Friend Code: 0559 3411 3765

No stat raising moves=Very bad

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

Indeed, it's bad. Your team will probably get its butt kicked by a team that does have stat-raising moves.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

The Ownage Guest

First of all to mods : I'm back .

Second of all : ALL my friends are idiots (except the one on the internet... ). They never use moves like bulk up, calm mind, swords dance, etc. I ALL my friends rear by using them. Mostly calm mind, and then ice beam em! (Note : My friends always are weak to ice, because of Groudon, over-used dragons and ALWAYS 1 flying pokémon that can learn fly).

They say it's crap. Show's what they know .

pilko Guest

Proves everything we've been on about right. It isn't about having the highest stats, it's about having the best strategy, moves, some brainpower. See the difference between teams here and teams offline. We all discuss strategies and that, they just go for brute force. Who's better?

Crystal_Milotic Guest

I have a question. Here's my Swampert's current moveset:

Waterfall
    Rock Tomb
    Mud Shot
    Brick Break

Shouldn't I replace Mud Shot with Dig? Because Dig has 100% chance of hitting, Mud Shot: 55 power, 95% chance of hitting.

Just making sure!

ETJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FireRedDeoxys
    I have a question. Here's my Swampert's current moveset:

Waterfall
    Rock Tomb
    Mud Shot
    Brick Break

Shouldn't I replace Mud Shot with Dig? Because Dig has 100% chance of hitting, Mud Shot: 55 power, 95% chance of hitting.

Just making sure!
    i myself would replace mud shot with earthquake

my moveset's
    surf
    secret power
    earthquake
    ice beam

ice beam for grass (or flying, ground, dragon)
    secret power for paralysis (the effect in pkmn league or player vs. player battles)

May Ledian19 Guest

IMO, Dig is better of a move then Eartthquake, because it lets your Pokemon hide underground for 1 turn and prevents any attacks from harimg the Pokemon (Except for Earthquake, maybe)

Here's a question: If your Pkmn used Dig, and while it was underground, the opponent used Earthquake, would Earthquake hit? Because I think I read on antoter site or in a book (Or maybe here) that it would.....

ETJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by haneet
    First of all to mods : I'm back .

Second of all : ALL my friends are idiots (except the one on the internet... ). They never use moves like bulk up, calm mind, swords dance, etc. I ALL my friends rear by using them. Mostly calm mind, and then ice beam em! (Note : My friends always are weak to ice, because of Groudon, over-used dragons and ALWAYS 1 flying pokémon that can learn fly).

They say it's crap. Show's what they know .
    *sighs* my friends are mostly similar
    those that are good are at low levels so i always beat them

NONE of my friends know about EV training- kinda shows how bad they are

i love ice beam- 100% accuracy and strengths against so many of the overused types

as you can tell, my regice knows it (my L.100 Regice)

although, i do have to admit, i didn't know much about EV training until about a couple of months ago (i've only got 2 well EV trained and useable pkmn (salamence and dusclops - L.100 and L.85 (soon to be trained up to L.100), respectively)

all of my high level friends picked mudkip- so i also trained a sceptile

heh.. no one i know picked sceptile so my swampert RULES them

Quote Originally Posted by May Ledian19
    IMO, Dig is better of a move then Eartthquake, because it lets your Pokemon hide underground for 1 turn and prevents any attacks from harimg the Pokemon (Except for Earthquake, maybe)
    Dig only does 60 power, and it easily countered. Back in the original games, it was a much better 100 power, with only one counter. Do you know why no one uses Fly that much? It's the same thing.
    Here's a question: If your Pkmn used Dig, and while it was underground, the opponent used Earthquake, would Earthquake hit? Because I think I read on antoter site or in a book (Or maybe here) that it would.....
    Earthquake and Magnitude will hit for double damage. Everyone and their mother has Earthquake (except Rapidash for some reason). That's another reason why Dig sucks.

Maester R Guest

With Fly, you're more or less using Gust twice. XD

May Ledian19 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rudoku
    Dig only does 60 power, and it easily countered. Back in the original games, it was a much better 100 power, with only one counter. Do you know why no one uses Fly that much? It's the same thing.

Earthquake and Magnitude will hit for double damage. Everyone and their mother has Earthquake (except Rapidash for some reason). That's another reason why Dig sucks.
    Whoops! Well, thanks, good thing I deleted Dig to replace it with Earthquake the other day. The only problem is that Earthquake doesn't have hit very often...Well, not for me
    Thanx ^_^

Earthquake is 100% accurate. The only times it won't hit are against Flyers or Levitaters.

FuRRie Guest

It's true that pokémon with lesser stats but better move sets can completely demolish others. A little example
    me against my mate, he isn't really good, he doenst use bulk up, etc.
    Will i send out my Corsola (Recover, surf, ice beam, psychic)
    and he send out groudon (Thunder, solarbeam, slash, earthquake)

Anyways, my Corsola is slower, anyways he uses Thunder (he thik-nker water is weak vs electric, wel surprise, not much damage . I surf, he loses 1/4 or something of his hp, he uses slash, i recover, he uses Thunder (don't know why though :x) i Ice Beam. Hes got 1/4 hp left (don't we love critical :d) Then he uses EQ, and misses (LOL) and i just surf him to death.
    So a pokémon with real bad stats (55 att and 65 sp.att or something, kills an uuber
    Same happened when my Muk killed his kyogre shortly after :d
    anyways, you don't always have to EV train like mad, breed until you get the perfect IV's etc, but you do need to know some things
    like stat up moves are good, don't put 3 water moves on a water pŕokémon etc

Using Thunder during an obvious Sunny Day is pretty dumb. Sunny Day either weakens Thunder or makes it less accurate, I forget which. And how did EQ miss?

'Fro-Dizzy Guest

Earthquake never misses unless the pokemon's Accuracy has been lowered somehow, or your pokemon is holding Brightpowder.

Maester R Guest

A Thunder attack from Groudon would actually be pretty effective against Corsola (providing it hits. 50% accuracy in Sunny Day). His base Special Attack is something like 100, which is way above average for a primary physical attacker.

And yeah, you must've been holding Brightpowder. Earthquake never misses under normal circumstances and would destroy a Corsola.

Quote Originally Posted by Maester R
    A Thunder attack from Groudon would actually be pretty effective against Corsola (providing it hits. 50% accuracy in Sunny Day). His base Special Attack is something like 100, which is way above average for a primary physical attacker.

And yeah, you must've been holding Brightpowder. Earthquake never misses under normal circumstances and would destroy a Corsola.
    But that guy had Solarbeam. He was, no offense, an idiot. Besides, Corsola gets and extra 1.5x damage on all of it's attacks if it has the "Hustle" trait, so that wasn't as great of an example as it could've been. Now using a Relicanth, that would've been sweet.

If anyone knows about total base stats, you'll know that Slaking's are equal to Kyogre and Groudon, so using him in a 2v2 battle and Skill-Swapping is the same as using a Groudon/Kyogre. Then, the 3 Legendary Trios have the same base stats as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, T-Tar, Dragonite, Metagross, Salamence, and Lati@s. However, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh and Rayquaza have the most total base stats and are absolutely cheap and are only used by untalented newbs. :S I hate Slaking though... a lot... it must die... -.-

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magcargo
    Oh, pessimistic atheist. Crusher of hope, destroyer of faith, will you ever cease to amaze us with your cold, efficient logic?

I eat babies.

Shemp70915 Guest

Umm...isn't there another group of strategy pokemon called annoyers? Or is it filed under one of the forementioned groups? For ex.

Cacturne (King's Rock/Leppa Berry)
    Sandstorm
    Double Team
    Faint Attack
    Needle Arm

I mean, you'd use Sandstorm to use it's Sand Veil, then use Double Team to hide even better, and strike in and out of the battle, with high Evasion. Faint Attack is good if the opponent has Trace, and if you use the King's Rock, Needle Arm will most likely cause crippling.

Needle Arm will almost never get a Flinch with Cacturn's rubbish Speed. An annoyer would be something like.
    Cacturn@Brightpowder
    Leech Seed
    Sandstorm
    Toxic
    Focus Punch/Destiny Bond/Protect

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

Shemp70915 Guest

...yeah, it was a random example...but the question was if it was in one of the aforementioned groups...

Man, ru/sa need to figure out whats an 00BER and a ledgendary, for example Zapdos is a ledgendary but nobody complains about it, mew on the other hand is quite questionable.. in GSC anyways
    .TraX. - The sleepy one.

Guys, can you help me on how to beat a Rayquaza?

My brother always beats me in Pokemon Colosseum with it, I have a Swampert with Ice Beam and when it attacks Rayquaza it doesn't do much damage.

Another thing, why does Thunder miss in Colosseum during Rain Dance? My little brother was in Mt. Battle and used Thunder while having Kyogre and Rayquaza on the field. The Thunder miss two times in that battle.

Weird...
    Hell yeah! =9

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast