Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: A Chip Off The Old Brock (425)

Awesome! Brock's Mudkip evolves!

When I saw the episode "Abandon Ship!" I thought Marshtomp's voice would be that high-pitched in this episode. But, I guess they can't always keep Pokemon's voices sounding the same all the time, can they?

It was funny when Marshtomp fell in love with Flaaffy the same way Brock was in love with Maria.

When I first heard Maria say her name, I thought her name was Araya. Like Tom Araya from Slayer.

Every time I see an Ampharos in the anime, I like It a whole lot more.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Good to see Brock's Mudkip evolving into Marshtomp.... hope it evolves into Swampert soon

This episode was ok. It was great to see Mudkip finally evolve into Marshtomp. Unfortunately its new move Mud Shot attack ended up harming a Flaafy since it was a Ground-Type attack. The way they use electric Pokemon to make medicine was really cool to see. It was funny to see Marshtomp falling in love with Flaafy. Marshtomp definitely has a much different personality than Mudkip did.

32/100

This episode was good. It was awsome to see Mudkip evolve into Marshtomp. Nice to see It learn Mud shot too. Nice to see Flaaffy again too. It was funny when Marshtomp fell in love with Flaaffy,just like Brock ddoes with every girl.

7/10

Yay! Mukip evolves! I am so happy for it! Mudkip was one of brocks greatest pokemons.

Notice it says most people like me.

No you may not have my autograph.

Spoiler:- Credits:

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Fine episode. Mudkip evolving, and the medicine stuff with Team Rocket trying to steal the Pokemon, but their plan backfired when the medicine was a success.

..apparently it's pronounced 'Amphorous" now. Hm.

I appreciate the Meowth balloons gaining swirly eyes when attacked.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

That was a rather random evolution. There was no build up to it at all but I suppose that they had to do something with Brock. The episode it self was pretty okay for a rather random episode.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This was a good episode, and definitely one of my favorites in the infamous Season 9.

I really didn't like Bill's Brock in DP, but here it was an entirely different case for me. I feel he was the best replacement VA at the time, and this episode really gave him a chance to shine and acclimate to his role.

Michele did a good job imitating Lindsey Warner's Mudkip. Surprisingly I didn't notice much change here.

Bill did an okay Grovyle, I guess. Meh...

Sarah Natochenny couldn't emote at all as Ash here. I can't stop laughing at the, "Quick Grovyle use bullet seed!" line in particular. HAHAHAHAHA. XD.

May: "I've never seen Ash work it so hard before."

Ummm...WTF? Who wrote this line? Terrible...

Max's voice starts sucking majorly from this point until the end of Max's duration on the show. Kayzie now FAILS at his voice, IMO, from here up until AG192. Not at all even CLOSE to Amy Birnbaum's portrayal...pitiful.

Anyway, I really liked the episode anyway, and I loved how Brock made the potion using the ingredients. I also love how Marshtomp evolved and its interactions with Flaffy.

Bill did a good job here, IMO.

Dub: 80/100
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th June 2013 at 6:31 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

It was an okay episode, though Mudkip's evolution seemed a bit random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Default A Chip Off the Old Brock!

It's great to see Mudkip finally evolveing into Marshtomp and learning Mud shot. I liked this episode's Cotd Maria, she was cute, and Hot too. It was hilarious when Marshtomp grasped Flaffy's paws and Brock grasped Mariah's hands to show attraction, Mariah's facial expression was priceless. May was right about Marshtomp being a Brock Jr. xD
    Too bad Brock and Marshtomp had to leave them in the end, poor guys.

Overall, it was an OK episode with a few funny moments. The voice acting was a little better, but Max referring Mud Shot(a Ground-type move) as an "Earth-type" move was stupid! that was a silly dub error. Oh well, at least it wasn't as bad as the "Arbok evolving into Seviper" error in "A Fan With a Plan!".
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 28th March 2014 at 8:46 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Finally Mizugorou evolves into a Numacraw after a long time. It is funny that although he added his flirty side in addition to his original character. But still only learning Mud Shot is not good enough and he should have learn some other powerful water/ ground type moves.

That was a quick* evolution for Mudkip
    * - as in not even five minutes in to the episode

I'm baffled how electricity makes medicine 'better'...
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Grovyle battling Mudkip and inducing its evolution was a good start, but those COTD's and their drama just didn't interest me much. I did think it was cute that Brock's Marshtomp fell in love with Flaaffy though and seeing Team Rocket disguise Meowth and Wobbuffet as a Snorlax made me cackle. TR lifting the house with their balloon was funny as well.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567