Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Chip Off The Old Brock (425)

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    Which will probably never happen, but Ash NEEDS a haircut.
    I fixed it. Praise me.

I think Ash should just hurry up finish the fronteir ASAP and move on with the next region.

Yay Mudkip evolves and I'll have to now watch that ugly coloured Marshtomp. Oh why did it have to have that colour? I'm hoping he doesn't get used much or just hurries itself up and evolves into a Swampert to get things over with.

But this episode.. it seems alright for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    Ash NEEDS a Sceptile.
    When will you learn, none of the characters really need anything... they can manage with whatever the writers choose to give them.

I wonder if marshtomp will be neglected as much as mudkip... only being brought out to douse fires or foil Team Rocket occasionally.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

All I must say is: It has finally happened!

Everyone thought this was never going to happen but it did! FOr the first time ever all 3 starters evolved to their 1st stage evolutions. Grovyle, Combusken, and Marshtomp. It has been 124 episodes but still I am very happy this has happened! This seems like it will be a good episode (waiting for pictures tomorrow, as I don't live in Japan). Can't wait for it to be in America.

An... evolution? It happened! It finally bloody happened!!! Yes! Mudkip has evolved and my entire life is worthwhile! Corphish, Grovyle and Combusken have hope!

All evolution nuts- this is the first day of a wonderful new era, and the first episode worth watching for us since that Butterfree episode (or so we thought!)

No wonder Mudkip wasn't in the preview very much, it evolves before the story even starts! That doesn't happen very often!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

So Mudkip did evolve, eh? Awesome, after 67 episodes, the last horse finally crosses the finish line. I'll miss seeing a Mudkip (who am I kidding, we barely ever saw it), but I'm glad Brock has a new Pokemon. This is the first time all three starters have evolved. I can't wait to see it in action. This is also the 4th time Ash and Brock have a battle, so that should be good as well.

I can't wait for an in-depth summary.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz

I wonder if marshtomp will be neglected as much as mudkip... only being brought out to douse fires or foil Team Rocket occasionally.
    Most likely. Brock doesn't battle enough to warrent him using his Pokemon. It'll probably only come out for picnics and water gun antics.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Most likely. Brock doesn't battle enough to warrent him using his Pokemon. It'll probably only come out for picnics
    He can use its mud shot for his cooking... some type of clay oven. Other than that, the thing is just a decoration for his belt.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

...the Mareep line gets sick and needs medicine... again?

Like last week's episode showed, certain Pokemon being showcased in the intro together means NOTHING.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I'm really looking foward to this episode, I wanted Brock's Mudkip to evolve first, but I guess they saved the best for last,IMO.

It's about friggin' time! I'm sorry but Brock's Mudkip should have evolved sometime before this! Can't wait to see what 4Kids does to this!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Happy, happy, joy, joy
    Happy, happy, joy, joy
    Happy, happy...*smacked over the head*

Mudkip finally evolved. Though it probably doesn't mean much. Still it's nice to see after the disappointment the Battle Fronteir has quickly bee becoming.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

How bittersweet. Yay, we got an evolution! It was... Mudkip...

Will this really seal the deal on Mudkip's fate? We all know what happens to Brock's evolved Pokemon. Dun-Dun-Dun
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Will this really seal the deal on Mudkip's fate? We all know what happens to Brock's evolved Pokemon. Dun-Dun-Dun
    Aside from poor Forretress, they always get the Hell spoiled out of them. :P

Then again... he's only had Crobat and Forretress. Ah well, let's just hope for the former.

AH-HAH! I knew it! Mudkip IS probably going to be the Hoenn Zubat! Just wait; Brock will find unreasonable excuses to bring Marshtomp out in EVERY episode, and 10-20 episodes later, he'll become a Swampert, and STILL be overused. But for the time being, let's praise the writers for their much-needed (albeit slightly late *coughchimechocough*) surge of intelligence. They finally remembered that Brock had a Mudkip. THey were probably like;

Writer 1 *looking through early Hoenn episodes, seeing Brock's Mudkip* Yo, Al, what's that?

Writer 2; What?

Writer 1; THat blue thing Brock's got. YOu know, with the freaky fin on its head...

Writer 2; A Mudkip? Brock has a Mudkip? Yeah, right. Next, I suppose you'll be saying that Ash used to own a Pidgeot and Primeape! HAH! As if!

Writer 1; Apparently, Brock does have a Mudkip.

Writer 2; Well, we did plan on incorporating the Mareep family into the next episode somehow.... Hey, let's fit in an evolution for that Mudkip as well!

Writer 1; Great idea! Say...

Writer 2; What?

Writer 1; THis seems just like the situation back hundreds of years when Brock had a Zubat; We forgot it existed until late Johto.

Writer 2; Nah, you must be working too hard.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master
    AH-HAH! I knew it! Mudkip IS probably going to be the Hoenn Zubat! Just wait; Brock will find unreasonable excuses to bring Marshtomp out in EVERY episode, and 10-20 episodes later, he'll become a Swampert, and STILL be overused. But for the time being, let's praise the writers for their much-needed (albeit slightly late *coughchimechocough*) surge of intelligence. They finally remembered that Brock had a Mudkip. THey were probably like;

Writer 1 *looking through early Hoenn episodes, seeing Brock's Mudkip* Yo, Al, what's that?

Writer 2; What?

Writer 1; THat blue thing Brock's got. YOu know, with the freaky fin on its head...

Writer 2; A Mudkip? Brock has a Mudkip? Yeah, right. Next, I suppose you'll be saying that Ash used to own a Pidgeot and Primeape! HAH! As if!

Writer 2; Well, we did plan on incorporating the Mareep family into the next episode somehow.... Hey, let's fit in an evolution for that Mudkip as well!

Writer 2; What?

Writer 1; THis seems just like the situation back hundreds of years when Brock had a Zubat; We forgot it existed until late Johto.

That's worth a big LOL in my book. Mudkip had been getting a lot of decent screen time over the last few episodes, so the writers were probably building it up for evolution. Now, onto Forretress.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Poor Flaffy I hope it wasn't a girl If it is OH NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxpsyco
    Ok, I'm out, this is turning into a game of spin the bottle O_o.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master

Writer 2; What?

Writer 2; What?

That is brilliant, is properly what they were really thinking at the time. It is about time though that Mudkip/Marshtomp is going to get some desent screen time.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Can you people stop insulting the writers and stop those pointless "writer conversations"

I for one am glad that Mudkip finally evolves. Is it just me, or did mudkip look way out of place in the First part of the Battle Factory episode?
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture.../412/AG138.jpg
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture.../412/AG142.jpg
    ~Gary's GPX Shinies~

furizaa, yep, he looked way out of place there.

Anyway, yay for Mudkip evolving! It's about time that something good happened to one of Brocks pokemon! And hopefully, the egg mentioned a future ep title belongs to him too.

Lol hi Joe! =P

I bet it goes to Ash. For some reason, Ash tends to have a thing for eggs... Togepi, Phanpy, Larviter...
    ~Gary's GPX Shinies~

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Can you people stop insulting the writers and stop those pointless "writer conversations"
    Agreed on the writer conversations. Bad attempt at being funny, which equals instant phail.

However, saying that the writers suck is a matter of opinion. People are within their rights to express their opinion unless it hurts others... and last time I checked, the writers are not members of this forum.

Unless... Gravy... O_O!

Mudkip evolved... but will it make any sort of difference to the show? More than likely, not. Unless firing Water Gun makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother
    Then again... he's only had Crobat and Forretress. Ah well, let's just hope for the former.
    Oh my god! You've forgotten Ludicolo already!!!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast