Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Chip Off The Old Brock (425)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    Marshtomp's personality was almost the exact opposite of Mudkip's. It didn't behave like Mudkip used to; it was basically a clone of Brock except when it was battling.
    So, with Brock's new pokemon, we can hope for some comic relief and the occasional "blasting off" of Team Rocket... great! Though, perhaps (fingers crossed) I'll be surprised, time will tell.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Guys, don't get your hopes up for Marshtomp being a testosterone-packed Mudkip. Ludicolo did the same thing when it evolved. It fell in love with Mawile...and then...*waves at Ludicolo sulking in the corner of Pewter Gym*

Awww...I'm so glad that Mudkip evolved. Just so that all 3 Starters are now equal.
    I CANNOT wait until Ash, May, and Brock call on their starters for a triple attack blast-off! Because with Marshtomp, they'll all roughly be the same height. Those pics furizaa posted are awesome...and with Marshtomp it'll look even better. Yayz =O

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Every time the attack was named, the words Mud Shot (or muddo shotto, whatever) were quite clear. No idea how you could get that confused with Mud-Slap.
    I'm lazy and couldnt be arsed to check

why is it called Mudkip and Flaffy.......
    mudkips only in it for 10 secs
    [IMG]http://oi56.*******.com/2mm900g.jpg[/IMG]
    ...made by PomPom

Because they were trying not to spoil it. They actually did a half way decent job.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Yeah, took me a good 30 seconds to figure out what that said...

Marshtomp learns Muddy Water at level 30 something in-game, so I don't see why it shouldn't be able to learn it right off the bat in the animé.
    Though saying that, I doubt Muddy Water is going to make its debut any time soon. Its just going to be Mud Shot, and Mud Shot it shall be~
    BUT! remember in the episode where May's torchic evolved into a Combusken? it knew sky uppercut right off the bat.

I can't believe people would rather see Mudkip than Marshtomp for the rest of the saga! When Ludicolo and Glalie first entered our world, I knew that they'd be dumped pretty quickly after a few episodes of arse-kicking and dancing around. But this is a pokemon with better potential, and a character with real comedic value. Brock has always been hilarious, and his direct clone will be equally funny.

Oh, and Grovyle, Combusken, Ludicolo, Beautifly and Glalie all learned their signature move the second they evolved. And Swellow didn't take long to learn Aerial Ace. It's to be expected. So, if any of the gangs pokemon evolved, they'd instantly learn their new signature move.
    Last edited by ChaosMage; 22nd October 2005 at 5:21 PM.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by eeveerulz
    BUT! remember in the episode where May's torchic evolved into a Combusken? it knew sky uppercut right off the bat.
    ...and? Whats your point?

Blaziken master Guest

Too be honest I wasn't satisfied at all with this episode at all.Mudkip evolved within the first few seconds and became a side character for the rest of the time.Other than the cute part with manene and underused mareep,flaafy and ampharos,nothing else caught my attention

I saw the episode and I guess I only enjoyed the begining just like in the pics. Although I did find Manene a bit humurous (sp?) when it pressed random buttons on the controller.

This episode reminded me of the Problem with Paras. Or atleast that's what I think it was called. The girl and the old lady.. I guess this episode was alright, but I liked last weeks more than this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Oh, and Grovyle, Combusken, Ludicolo, Beautifly and Glalie all learned their signature move the second they evolved. And Swellow didn't take long to learn Aerial Ace. It's to be expected. So, if any of the gangs pokemon evolved, they'd instantly learn their new signature move.
    A lot of the time we see the evolution arise because of a need for a more powerful move...

Ethereal Guest

I just got done seeing the ep about an hour ago....It was a pretty average at best filler, IMO. I mean, Mudkip's evolution was really awkwardly thrown in at the beginning. Marshtomp served like, no purpose in the ep other than to show how useless it was when using Mud Shot.

Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynxo
    I just got done seeing the ep about an hour ago....It was a pretty average at best filler, IMO. I mean, Mudkip's evolution was really awkwardly thrown in at the beginning. Marshtomp served like, no purpose in the ep other than to show how useless it was when using Mud Shot.

Bleh.
    How does that make a filler, exactly?

Although, take out the opening sequence and it certainly feels like one...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Answered yer own question, did ye?

Y halo thar Lombre episode.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Ethereal Guest

Lol. Well, V Faction said it for me. You answered your question, Shining Suikun. If the opening sequence weren't there, you'd have 100% filler. ;/

Alright! Bout time Mizugorou evolved. Shame the rest of the episode was a lousy filler. The one-shot girl was pretty cute though. ^_^

On one note, has everyone noticed how much different they're making the eyes of these new characters? In the past, characters had narrow thin eyes, much like Satoshi and the other main characters. After looking at the sceenshots of this episode, it seems they're making the eyes more rounded and colored. I first noticed this with that one girl in the Koduck filler.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Uhm...yeah, okay.
    Mudkip's evolution was totally random, but whatever. I love Marshtomp =D
    The scene where Brock and Marshtomp both fell in love with Momoko/Flaaffy was funny too (but Momoko and Mokoko? WTF XD).

I must say, though, that was the only part I enjoyed watching. After that, I just...watched.
    Momoko's friend Ryuta reminded me of an uglier version of Sugio, and Momoko herself is a quite forgettable character.

I don't give a damn about Team Rocket this time, their constant provocations like, "Seems like we won this time" rather sounded like "Oh come on, blast us off already." Not funny.

The way they made the potions was interesting though. Er, yeah -_-

Overall, it wasn't horrible, but the story was weak and the characters bland.
    Last edited by Sushi; 23rd October 2005 at 5:18 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

It's kinda wierd that Ash uses Grovyle to practise for the arena- against a Mudkip! Surely Forretress would be a better choice than that! Or even Combusken (still awaiting that battle!)

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Answered yer own question, did ye?

Y halo thar Lombre episode.
    At least lombre was a main focus in its evolution episode, it was disappointed that Brock's new marshtomp didn't even get a lot of screen-time for its debut episode.

usually, I'm happy when it comes to evolutions, but this time.... meh, you just know that Numacraw's gonna serve like absolutely no purpose in the long run. Hell, it barely served a purpose in its own evolution episode. Why the hell is Mizugorou even in the title? I mean, yeah, they didn't spoil anything, but you know, it's one thing if Mizugorou's barely in the episode with its name in the title, it's another thing when the thing Mizugorou evolved from is hardly playing a part neither. And I gotta agree with Haunter Hunter Sohrab, Mizugorou did have a brighter coloring which I'll miss a lot now that Numacraw's here.

So, like, other than saying than he was a breeder, getting heartbroken by the weekly girl having a boyfriend, taking notes on the medicine, and his Numacraw's Mud Shot unintentionally hitting Mokoko, Pikachu, and Merriep, did Takeshi do anything in this episode? Anything I may've missed with my limited knowledge in Japanese?
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 24th October 2005 at 12:01 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Ethereal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    So, like, other than saying than he was a breeder, getting heartbroken by the weekly girl having a boyfriend, and his Numacraw's Mud Shot unintentionally hitting Mokoko, Pikachu, and Merriep, did Takeshi do anything in this episode? Any useful advice he may've given that I'm just not catching with my limited knowledge in Japanese?
    Nope.

10 char

Wow this 9th season could be different than the 8th...
    Er-hem!...Congradulations, Ash, you and your pokemon are hall of famers!"

Quote Originally Posted by charizardpal
    Yes, mostly because it's set in a different region and half the team has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardpal
    Yeah, Season 8 has better episodes. >>;

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

What's all this? Takeshi taking notes on making pokémon potions? Brushing his Numakuro?! Holy forks!!

When was the last time he did anything related to breeding... like, back in that mid-Jouto episode with Yuki? As if his Mizugorou evolving wasn't enough of a surprise.

Speaking of which, the evolution just seemed slapped in there and they acted as if it wasn't even a big deal or anything. Pretty weak non-filler material if you ask me.

I hate it when the Rocket-dan strap engines to their balloon. Seriously, what's the point of even having the balloon part? It just looks tacky and ridiculous. And then when the rocket boosters fail and they fall out of the sky, the house is apperently undamaged. Riiiiight. >_>

On the good side, though - I liked that Mokoko and Denryuu got some more screen time since they've been pretty neglected in the animé thus far. The episode had some pretty good music too. The piece at the beginning is a classic, and I also liked the use of the Symphonic Medley.

Satoshi-tachi recognised Manene... wtfcontinuity.

And cute filler girls make a happy Hera~
    ~

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast