Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Chip Off The Old Brock (425)

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    And cute filler girls make a happy Hera~
    "girls" was plural.... were you calling the old lady cute? 0_o

Though, I gotta say, I liked her as far as filler characters go. I just find those anime elders that give the impression of "I'm wise beyond your years and could easily whoop your sorry a** to no end thanks to my vast amounts of skill and knowledge" to be very cool (well... she was a sensei in potion-making, after all).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    "girls" was plural.... were you calling the old lady cute? 0_o
    Lol, no. XD I just meant filler girls in general and Momoko fits into that category... Except now that I think about it she actually wasn't a filler girl was she? XP

Oh well, you get the point.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Brushing his Numakuro?!
    I was wondering "what" exactly he was supposed to be brushing. Unless it was some kind of sponge brush that helped keep its skin moist.

I'm happy that Mudkip finally evolved... isn't this the first time all 3 starters have evolved in one series?

Diamond and Pearl
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

I am terrebily disapointed that mudkip will evolve but then again Marshtomp is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by charmander04
    I am terrebily disapointed that mudkip will evolve but then again Marshtomp is pretty cool.
    So you'd be happier with another 130 episodes of Mudkip?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

It took 130 episodes!!! Why bother changing it!?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    It took 130 episodes!!! Why bother changing it!?
    To show us there's still hope for Corphish and Combusken! That is why!

And yes, I do know how much you dislike their evolutions.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Didn't notice this yesterday.

Don't peg me for that! I don't see any harm in Corphish evolving, nor Combusken (down the line). If it means furthering their growth, so be it!

But Mudkip... That thing was a lost cause as far as I was concerned. I had pegged them for not letting it grow. I saw it as having missed its mark. In my mind, it was destined to stay Mudkip forever and have only that stinkin' Water Gun as its attack.

And then they evolve. And my sentiments are, "Why bother?" There was no reason. No calling. Mudkip evolving had absolutely NO effect on the plot, story, or otherwise. Evolving Mudkip after 130 episodes is like forgetting to buy someone a birthday gift, admitting to them you forgot, and then buying the gift two weeks from then! Mudkip evolving certainly didn't make me feel any better, even though its gift (See: Mud Shot) was nice.
    V | Faction

Because it would make Brock look left behind with Ash's Sceptile and May's Combusken.

When it was Grovyle/Combusken and Mudkip it was fine, since Ash/May are the main characters who are always battling and their Pokemon deserved to evolve.

However once the writers planned for Grovyle to evolve again, leaving Mudkip as it is just felt off.

Listen, if 130 episodes isn't reason enough to show that they don't give a damn, I don't know what is.

Really, you say it yourself sometimes Cyber, when was the last time they gave two shits about Brock? So don't use that as an argument against me.
    V | Faction

Well what else? To make it seem a little less obvious that the writers don't care about Brock?

His team is stale, it always has been stale. The only interesting Pokemon on his team was Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo, and he left after Hoenn ended.

Foretress is a lost cause, but nothing can be done with it as its already an evolved form. Bonsly is a new D/P advertisement, so that can be shoved down our throats without a problem. As for Mudkip, why not give it a new coat of paint to make it semi-more interesting? It was the only option available.

Now in the BF saga Brock has two newish Pokemon, a Marshtompt and a Bonsly. Makes it seem on par with May's two new Pokemon (Squirtle/Eevee), and Ash's two new Pokemon (Sceptile/Donphan).

Or maybe the writers just evolved Mudkip out of boredom. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Or maybe the writers just evolved Mudkip out of boredom. Who knows.
    Okay, I'm quoting this first 'cause I enjoyed it so much.

As for Mudkip, why not give it a new coat of paint to make it semi-more interesting? It was the only option available.
    Because honestly, if they gave a damn they wouldn't be so neglective in the first place.

I believe someone used the analogy of throwing darts at a board and seeing where they landed to determine evolution. I like that analogy.
    V | Faction

Finally, Mudkip evolves! I've bben waiting for this for a very long time!

A Marshtomp suits Brock. I don't know why, but it does. I'm happy Mudkip evolves!

Anyways, Brock would do good with a Marshtomp. It would probably learn Mud Shot, which is a good attack.

I can't wait to see this episode! I have a hunch it's gonna be so cool!
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyuti Daizyujiin View Post
    So the episode really has nothing to do with love? Good. At least 4Kids won't try to name it "Love, Flaafy style!"
    WTH have you been the past two months? 4Kids isn't dubbing this episode, PUSA is.

Anyways, this episode looks to be a really interesting one because Mudkip evolves, considering its one of the neglected Pokemon Brock has.
    Last edited by C.J. Ray; 10th September 2006 at 12:15 AM.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

O_o Brock sounds better.

-Judai

This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see Brock's Mudkip evolve into Marshtomp, although I hate to see Marshtomp get all lovey-dovey like his trainer. It was funny how Mime Jr is always happy. Poor TR getting hit with 4 Thunders. It was good to see Mariah and the other guy (forgot his name) work together.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

TR got abused.L@wl

-Judai

This was a great episode. May's voice is definitely improving.
    [CENTER]Enjoy Pokemon: Lento Legends, In both FanFic and Audio Versions.

Recent FanFic Chapter: Just Deserts

Recent Audio Episode: Team Rocket vs. Team Rocket

yay mudkip evolve

The only complaints I have about this episode is Max and Meowth's voice. Jessie, James, Brock and May's new voices are pretty good in my book. Ash could use some work, but I'll get used to it.

the purple-shirted boy strongly reminds me of someone from Fire Emblem.

^Mine^

Momoko = Mariah ...my prediction of Maria was actually pretty close! I wasn't able to catch Ryuuta's dub name, though. Anyone catch it?

Brock's voice actually felt like a step backwards in this, but May's is getting better.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Well, this episode was okay for the most part. As I said before last year, just very happy that Mudkip finally evolved (since it was the last to evolve of the three starters). Momoko was such a cuttie and Ryuta was...Well, I guess I have that thing for filler boys. And (even though it pains me to say this) I'm starting to get used to the voices now.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by IrkenAdolescent View Post
    the purple-shirted boy strongly reminds me of someone from Fire Emblem.
    I think its Wil (the archer guy) from FE7: Blazing Sword.
    :P

I feel bad I missed the dub episode today... And it has my all time favorite Pokemon in it. Does anyone know when it will air again?

-

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Ray View Post
    WTH have you been the past two months? 4Kids isn't dubbing this episode, PUSA is.
    I think you should check the date of that message.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast