Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: A Chip Off The Old Brock (425)

Quote Originally Posted by OtterPops View Post
    I feel bad I missed the dub episode today... And it has my all time favorite Pokemon in it. Does anyone know when it will air again?

-
    Not to worry, it's on YouTube. That's where i saw it today. Ash is starting to improve, as well as Brock, May and J&J. Max has also improved, but... Meowth just isnt what it used to be. Meowth even reminds me of the first Meowth, the one before Maddie.

For the episode, twas funny how Brock's Marshtomp suddenly fell in love with Maria's Flaaffy. Kinda like how his Ludicolo had a crush on that Mawile. Im starting to sense a pattern here. Also, when Max went to pull Brock's ear, i think Mays suddenly popped in and dragged Marshtomp and Brock away. Personnaly, i think May should be doing this. Hopefully in D/P Hikari will take over that role. Max is too short.

Also, it was kinda funny how Ash's Grovyle uses Bullet Seed, causes Team Rocket to fly off into a boat in a river, then the boat falls off a waterfall. Real unlucky. Also, I think Mime Jr. does a better role than Chimecho ever could, copying everything is quite entertaining. Though James still sounds like he has a cold.

All in all, a decent episode. Starting to improve.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Is it just me or do all older people in the PUSA dub have 30 year old voices? Not bad of an episode though.

And the guy's name was McCauley, weird name.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 17th September 2006 at 5:01 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

In this episode, May reffered Ground type Pokemon as EARTH type Pokemon, lol.
    Last edited by ~Battle Frontier~; 17th September 2006 at 5:14 AM. Reason: Spelling Error

Me miss May and Max
    I was formely known as ~Elite Frontier~

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    For the episode, twas funny how Brock's Marshtomp suddenly fell in love with Maria's Flaaffy. Kinda like how his Ludicolo had a crush on that Mawile. Im starting to sense a pattern here.
    *Waits for Bonsly to fall head-over-heels for a Minomucchi in Shinou*
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Battle Frontier~ View Post
    Wasn't it Max?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Yeah, it was Max.

This episode was reasonably good for a filler. The voices are getting easier to listen to as well. FINALLY Brock's Mudkip evolves, like, TWO seasons after Grovyle and Combusken. The old lady had the same name as me. It's okay, cuz she's really smart to have figured out how electricity affects herbal medicine.

Oh, and Mime Jr. is the CUTEST thing!!!!!!! ^_^!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    This episode was reasonably good for a filler. The voices are getting easier to listen to as well. FINALLY Brock's Mudkip evolves, like, TWO seasons after Grovyle and Combusken. The old lady had the same name as me. It's okay, cuz she's really smart to have figured out how electricity affects herbal medicine.
    This is Not a filler episode, A filler is when Nothing that effects the story happens, Mizugorou's Evolution is something twords the story.
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

I turned this episode off about halfway into it. The voices are just terrible. I saw what I need to...Mudkip evolved; TR tried to steal the potions; Marshtomp no doubt saved the day along with the gaggle of electric pokemon involved.

Damn...someone needs to have an Ampharos...they're pretty cool.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Well, thanks to Cartoon Network and their week-later (or two weeks) reruns, I finally got to see this episode. It was a bit unfortunate that I saw it out of order, because the new voices have improved episode to episode and this was definitely a step backwards. Overall, though, the story was pretty good. I loved May saying that evolving has turned Marshtomp into Brock Junior, Team Rocket saying they're naked after their disguises (but not their uniforms) are blown off, Meowth deciding not to make a comment about Jessie bickering about what kind of man James is, and Ash being totally confused about love at the end. At least the dub writing has seemed to have gotten sharper this season, I've heard some pretty good zingers this weekend (see my review for "May's Egg-Cellent Adventure").

Also, as far as voices go, I remember people complaining when "Abandon Ship" first aired that Marshtomp (in its first anime appearance) didn't sound like an older Mudkip (its voice was still too high). Whether one likes Marshtomp's new voice or not, at least the complainers got their wish.

Overall, 8/10. Now I just have to catch "Absol-ute Disaster" when they rerun it on CN, and I'll be all caught up with the Pokemon episodes.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 26th September 2006 at 2:42 AM. Reason: Added information
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Yeah, this episode was really good! I cant wait to see Brock get a Swarmpert. It would be a good pokemon to let his fanily look after and own at the gym. Other than that.

This episode was actually kind of boring, I thought that they would have had Brocks Marshtomp on the show more often. But they didnt. So im going to give it a 7/10. It would have been a 8 but it didnt show much of Marshtomp so its a 7.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ~Battle Frontier~ View Post
    When they aired it here in Canada, that mistake was actually fixed.

Seems that there is some good for us.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Ooh, I really liked this one. Marshtomp imitating Brock was pretty funny.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I was re watching some Pokémon battle frontier episodes and had a laugh while watching this episode, great to see Marshtomp being just like its trainer.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Great that mudkip evolved, but I mean All the way into the Battle Frontier, Nice to see a second Brock. Then the whole pharmicist bit kinda dropped down the episode.

It's a Forretress, what else needs to be said?
    A video of my friend attemping to jump a fence

I agree, i hated the pharmacist part DX

Power
    The
    ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
    I Have Power
    PLATINUM FC: 3480 8759 5501

Aw, Mudkip evolved D: I loved that little guy. It's just not the same anymore... although, I was laughing insanely hard when both Brock and Marshtomp went ga-ga at the exact same time XDDDD

Just a thought; why does Brock need to brush Marshtomp? It's some kind of amphibious being, no fur included.

Oh Team Rocket... up to your old tricks again... well, I guess a Snorlax costume is better than a plain old butterfly net, 'm I right?
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

A habit with past pok&#233;mon?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Yay!Mudkip evolves!Poor Flaffy and Poor Brock and Poor Marshtomp.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Good episode. Mudkip evolving into Marshtomp and a rather interesting medicine theme. Team Rocket's Snorlax was funny, and then they lifted up the whole building with people still in it. Rather ambitious, though all the Thunder at the end must have stung...

Hmm good episode. I don't like Brock too much or Mudkip. But I'm happy that a Flaaffy was a big part of the story. That's so cool.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

mudkip has evolved in this one, it was an okay episode i guess, 7/10.

It was nice that Mudkip evolved..its a good pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I love how episodes where Brock's Pokemon evolve barely focus on Brock himself. Sure, he took notes on the medicine and commanded Marshtompt in battle a bit, but most of the story was about the filler characters.

It seems like the writers just evolved Mudkip out of pity. Hoenn is the only saga where all the starters evolved at least once.

I loved to see Mudkip finaly evolving. Marshtomp is much more strong.

And i loved to see an Ampharos.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Lol at Max calling Mud Shot an "Earth" type attack. I think that's what he said anyway. It was interesting. Mudkip was largely ignored in Hoenn but it evolved in Kanto, which is odd in and of itself. Loved to see a Flaaffy and an Ampharos again, and the plot; using them to make medicine was great. New and fresh which is a great step for the Pokemon anime. 6/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 1st November 2010 at 9:04 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast