Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wheel...of Frontier! (426)

Anyone got a pic of the opening scene with Marshtomp in it? Just curious...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    You can thank CyberCubed for this, it was posted in the Anime Spoilers forum...

"Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

blazefalco Guest

This episode was good, even though this is the only episode greta appears in, because of the battle

it looks good is that Snorlax flattening medicham lol
    [IMG]http://oi56.*******.com/2mm900g.jpg[/IMG]
    ...made by PomPom

something about that battle seemed a bit off. I mean, I won't question that a Kabigon would have a lot of endurance and vitality, especially after using Rest.... however, it does bug me that Kabigon rather suddenly and conveniently got Protect. First Gomazou's Hidden Power, now this? Is Ookido providing free move tutorials to all of Satoshi's Pokemon now? Then again, probably no surprise, as he's now apparently passing out starter Pokemon that start out with Ice Beam. Also, I'm not calling out Juptor's loss as bogus, but I can't help but wonder why the hell Focus Punch is so quickly and easily used in the anime (not just here, but in every other situation it's been used in the anime). Given its nature in the game, you'd expect it to be a move that takes a few moments to charge up, and if any concentration is lost during that time, the move fails. If Focus Punch worked like that, then there should be no way in hell that Kogomi could just be able to order it on the spot and it expect it to succeed when an agile Pokemon like Juptor's about to close in with Leaf Blade, like she did here.

Anyway, a few tidbits about the episode that still have yet to be brought up in this thread. The opening theme, Battle Frontier, played at the end of Kabigon and Charem's match. Also, the Battle Arena didn't work like the game, but it was still kinda working uniquely from a typical gym in some way. Battle Factory allowed Satoshi to choose his opponent, in the Battle Dome, Satoshi spins a roulette wheel that decides if the battle would be one-on-one, two-on-two, or three-on-three, that and apparently, both fighters have to release all the Pokemon they're gonna battle with at once, with Kabigon and Charem remaining on the sidelines next to their trainer until it's their turn to battle. It's nice to see they're going for some uniqueness, but it still seems a bit like a cop-out in the long run since it STILL resembles a typical gym match for my tastes.... that, and the fact that the games already have a perfectly good set of unique rules that they're not taking the opportunity to properly adapt. BTW, I think that Kogomi's Charem is a female, judging by the voice (though, who wants to bet the dub will use the same Medicham voice that Grace's had).

And I'll end my post by saying that I friggin loved that bit where Charem was pummeling Kabigon left and right with Ice Beam.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 29th October 2005 at 9:32 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak

For the umpteenth time, dont discuss the opening in here...this is just for the episode

This episode does look pretty cool, and the opening being updated is cool. I wonder if Squirtle will still be using Water Gun like that on a Blaziken...
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    And I'll end my post by saying that I friggin loved that bit where Charem was pummeling Kabigon left and right with Ice Beam.
    You mean Ice Punch (or Focus Punch, I forget which).

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

That was a good episode.
    Aside from a few animation errors, everything looked quite good graphically. Everyone's movements were a bit different than usual, more energetic and faster.
    Although, those artists could draw the characters' mouths a bit smaller O.o

I also liked Greta's voice. It sounded a tiny bit boyish, but it fit her well.
    Medicham's voice was the same as Hitmontop's from the Fighting Dojo ep I think, well...it was good.

Again, I didn't care about Team Rocket this time. Except for the part where they were training with the others at the beginning, I skipped every scene with them. Just unnecessary for me to watch them saying their motto and blasting off for the 293243833942th time -_- I did catch the few seconds with Manene though, and it was totally adorable <3

The battle was great, and I see nothing wrong with it. Snorlax really is a good fighter, and it was nice to see him again after such a long time. Medicham's battling was impressive too, I loved when it made those spins and backflips before the battle.

Hm, Greta really is cool. I'll go and watch that episode again.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

TR had a visually impressive motto though.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by &#163;a&#241;ka&#209;
    Well..actually...yea we didn't see a scene getting Snorlax...

but he did...go back to the pkmn centre all of suddent...at that point is where he got snorlax...

OMG...there is this cool pic...i'd love to show you all...but later...lol

k...that's it...from...as it was a great battle...i guess
    about the cool pic...i got it..here..I SO LOVE THIS ONE...they should do it for every single brain battle

As the battle was totall cool..

it's funny that Treecko could beat Brawly's Hariyama...

but Grovyle couldn't beat Great's Hariyma...

which kinda makes sense...as Brawly's had evolved right after the first match with Ash...so it wasn't a Hariyama for along time...

while..probably Greta's was around for a while
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

I just saw the episode and it was pretty good. Grovyle put up a nice match and as for Snorlaz he made me laugh. Manene was pretty cool too. Too bad we didn't egt to see Scotts wacky driving again.

I don't think I caught it but did they mention the Battle Dome next?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    For the umpteenth time, dont discuss the opening in here...this is just for the episode
    So umpteenth = one? You seem to be the only one who had a problem. Its not like my question had 5 pages of responses speculating the intracacies of animation for the opening. Geez...lighten up.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Its not even about Greta's hariyama being around for longer it was better then brawly's hariyama. And to clarify it for you guys this is how it went when Hariyama got knocked on the floor by grovyle ash ordered another leaf blade attack but grovyle jumped up and tried to use leaf blade falling down maybe giving it even more force so greta saw the chance here and ordered focus punch since there was no way for grovyle to dodge, there were no walls around or pillars it could use to jump away. And it wasn't even the freaking focus punch that did grovyle in that was like a 3 hit combo in a way if u look at it. Hariyama uses focus punch on grovyle, grovyle hits the cieling and then crashes down on the floor. See 3 hit combo.lol. Same thing when grovyle used leaf blade on winona's altaria it uses leaf blade and then crashed altaria on the ground hard knocking it out.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Great battle, very eventful!

It was great to see Snorlax back in action, we haven't seen it battle properly since the Johto league (I hated how Hoenn blocked out all past contact with Ash's old Pokemon).

Grovyle got beaten again...I think Ash should change it for Bayleef but maybe that's just me...

Greta sure is a good trainer, I liked her choice of Pokemon but it could've been her downfall if it was another situation.

Overall 8/10 great episode, great Pokemon (Snorlax back, even if only for this episode) The battles with the Frontier Brains are really great so far.

Grovyle got beaten again...I think Ash should change it for Bayleef but maybe that's just me...
    Are you implying Bayleef wouldn't be knocked out after being hit by the most powerful fighting attack, slamming into the ceiling, and then crashing into the ground? I think Juptile puts up better fights than Bayleef myself, but maybe that's just me talking.

Anyway, just saw the episode, I thought the battle was nicely drawn out and executed. Kabigon didn't actually get on my nerves like Lizardon did against Datsura...in fact, he's starting to grow on me...

Juptile did put up a very nice fight, though, and lost with good reason...maybe he's losing so much for a reason...Jukain, maybe?

Anyway, I thought it was funny when they pulled back at the end and revealed that none of the spectators had benches...and Takeshi, Haruka, and Masato were standing bare-footed! Takeshi looks odd without his shoes. And Enishida was funny, sitting cross-legged.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great!
    Are you implying Bayleef wouldn't be knocked out after being hit by the most powerful fighting attack, slamming into the ceiling, and then crashing into the ground? I think Juptile puts up better fights than Bayleef myself, but maybe that's just me talking.
    I just think Bayleef has a lot more to offer than Grovyle. Vine Whip for example, I'm sure that would've come in handy against Hariyama.

Remember the battle against Chuck? Bayleef beat both Poliwrath and Machoke with the help of Vine Whip. It's a very useful attack which Grovyle doesn't know.

That's just my thought on the matter.

hmm...lets see a dub title for this ep...

Greta battle!...lol as in Great Battle...lol

nah...

well...i loved how acrobat it looked of Snorlax kinda dodging the attack
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

I just think Bayleef has a lot more to offer than Grovyle. Vine Whip for example, I'm sure that would've come in handy against Hariyama.

Remember the battle against Chuck? Bayleef beat both Poliwrath and Machoke with the help of Vine Whip. It's a very useful attack which Grovyle doesn't know.

That's just my thought on the matter.
    Right, I respect your opinion. But, if you're looking for a Vine Whip user, then why didn't you suggest he bring Fushigidane back? Then again, that's my side of prejudice talking again...I've always found Bayleef the least appealing of the three Grass starters Satoshi owned.

But Vine Whip can also be a hazard, remember? Look at the way Bashamo toom advantage of Bayleef in the Jouto league. It grabbed her Vines and threw her, knocking her out. So, Vines are not always useful, especially as Hariteyama would probably be able to do the same. So, in the end, it all comes down to the writer's decision. If they wanted Kabigon to fight Hariteyama, they would just as easily thrust Bayleef out of the fight. I believe Juptile is definately more deserving of the spot on Satoshi's team, and hopefully all of these losses are going to spur it to evolve.

My two cents.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Blaziken master Guest

This episode is better than I thought it was! Medicham was ace,but its voice was too high pitched.Manene has my vote as the cutest TR pokemon, so cute when it was cleaning!It was nice to see Chuck and Brawly in the flashback

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    Manene has my vote as the cutest TR pokemon, so cute when it was cleaning!
    I wonder if other viewers will start to warm to it after all of the initial outrage when it replace chimecho...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    I wonder if other viewers will start to warm to it after all of the initial outrage when it replace chimecho...
    I know some like it, I just hope it battles

Just saw the ep. Very impressive battling, and it was great to see ol' Snorlax back.

And I am now a Greta fan, haha. Lots of pep, etc. Also fun to see all the martial arts dojo-ness. Kinda makes me wish there was an episode before hand to see some more of Greta, but yeah.

That Medicham's voice annoyed me after a while though XD

I'm rather annoyed they didn't have Greta remember her former lesbian partner.

That way, we could have had both Brawly AND Roxanne in the same episode!

Just seen, Greta is awesome, she deserved another episode, and Scott is still a pedo. <3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast